It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
For God's sake, it is not a bird. Can we move beyond this?
In the first post Springer and Ritzmann showed the spherical symmetry.
You can draw birds all over this until the cows come home, or perhaps draw some cows on
it as well, a flying spherical cow makes about as much sense.

It is there, it is amazing, and it remains unidentifiable. We all wanted to see a real UFO, and here it is
staring you in the face, so we have to start making things up because basically, many just cannot handle it.

What a wonderful thread.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
I want to see a real photo of a ufo as much as the next person...but it...is....a bag sorry, but just a bag.

I agree that it looks like a bag more than anything else but not exactly. Why does the bag appear so spherical? Additionally, unlike the images you posted, there isn't as much reflection as might be expected from a bag with an irregular surface.

Maybe it's a bowling bag:

edit on 3-10-2012 by Legos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
You can draw birds all over this until the cows come home, or perhaps draw some cows on

It is there, it is amazing, and it remains unidentifiable. We all wanted to see a real UFO, and here it is
staring you in the face, so we have to start making things up because basically, many just cannot handle it.

What a wonderful thread.

I'm not sure if I am not explaining right, if people don't know what a bird looks like, or if everyone is so caught up in their fantasy world but I will not get over it being a bird because it is a bird.

It might possibly be a bag shaped just like a bird, but i would tend to think bags don't have perfect m wing arcs and beaks.

The OP did not prove it wasn't a bird with anything other than a argument of symmetry which at the correct angle a bird will generate.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Am I the only one who sees a windshield, and two little aliens staring out from behind it?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by magma

What anatomical features have I pointed that out are inconsistent from a real gull at that angle in that pose?

Remember it is out of focus and not captured well by the ccd a lot of information is missing no matter what it is and a gull meets every requirement in the manner I've pointed out.

If you just want to believe it is an alien craft I understand I do too. I WANT to be convinced I'm wrong.

I don't think a seagull can bend it's wings like that.

Is this how you think the birds wings are bent in the photo?

They should be more like this

edit: sorry, got a bit behind, had to cook and eat inbetween posts.

edit on 3-10-2012 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

What a wonderful thread.

I'm not sure if I am not explaining right, if people don't know what a bird looks like, or if everyone is so caught up in their fantasy world but I will not get over it being a bird because it is a bird.

It might possibly be a bag shaped just like a bird, but i would tend to think bags don't have perfect m wing arcs and beaks.

The OP did not prove it wasn't a bird with anything other than a argument of symmetry which at the correct angle a bird will generate.

How do you account for the consistent blue color, the reflection, the volumous shape in the center and the absence of the slightest motion blur? I really can't see a bird. Given the moderate level of detail that's discernible, i find it hard to understand how a bird could become so unrecognizable both at a glance and under intense scrutiny.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Legos

I actually can't stop seeing a bird now. So much so that I think it would be uncanny if it turns out not to be a bird. Once you see the bird, it just seems to want to stay a bird. As far what kind of bird, there seems to be a lot to choose from. more pictures of the area would be helpful to see what kind of birds are around.

If you look at some of the shapes that are produced by adding an arc to the drawing, you will see some similarities in shapes in the object.
edit on 3-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet but found it very interesting...
METRO
Child’s balloon grounds Greek flights
by NADIA GILANI

A CHILD’S balloon has been blamed for crippling Greece’s main flight radar and grounding planes for more than an hour, it emerged yesterday.

The helium balloon, which was coated in aluminium, knocked out the heart of the Athens flight information region radar after causing a power cut.

Air traffic and electricity network bosses confirmed there was a problem but declined to comment further.

However, civil aviation authority YPA said the radar, which controls airspace in the capital and northern Macedonia region, sustained a ‘loss of image’ at about noon on Saturday.

The disruption reportedly lasted more than an hour due to an electrical failure following the power cut. A source at electricity board DEDIE claimed the balloon caused a 13-minute power failure near the YPA headquarters in southern Athens about 40 minutes before the radar shut down.

Air safety was not threatened during the power failure, which caused delays in take-off and landings, YPA said.

A civil aviation insider added: ‘Traffic controllers here remained in radio communication with the aircraft and radar remained operational at Athens international airport and regional airports.’

A committee was formed to investigate the cause of the malfunction.

* just to clarify this was reported in the UK newspaper the metro on Tuesday October 2nd and the incident took place on Saturday 29th September..

a very similar object in description causing a radar and power outage in the same region as the OP's post...strange indeed
edit on 3-10-2012 by thejester1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

I see this:

As for the color I account for that by jpeg compression making up for a colorspace it didn't fully capture on the ccd. this does happen and isn't super uncommon especially when you account for the glare off the either the back or wings.

The video isn't the exact type of gull as I think it has a darker head which is picked up. there are apparently many types of gull on crete:

gullsofcrete.blogspot.com... Take your pick.

Once you see the bird it is clear and you can't see anything else.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by thejester1982
Not sure if this has been posted yet but found it very interesting...
METRO
Child’s balloon grounds Greek flights
by NADIA GILANI

A CHILD’S balloon has been blamed for crippling Greece’s main flight radar and grounding planes for more than an hour, it emerged yesterday.

The helium balloon, which was coated in aluminium, knocked out the heart of the Athens flight information region radar after causing a power cut.

Air traffic and electricity network bosses confirmed there was a problem but declined to comment further.

However, civil aviation authority YPA said the radar, which controls airspace in the capital and northern Macedonia region, sustained a ‘loss of image’ at about noon on Saturday.

The disruption reportedly lasted more than an hour due to an electrical failure following the power cut. A source at electricity board DEDIE claimed the balloon caused a 13-minute power failure near the YPA headquarters in southern Athens about 40 minutes before the radar shut down.

Air safety was not threatened during the power failure, which caused delays in take-off and landings, YPA said.

A civil aviation insider added: ‘Traffic controllers here remained in radio communication with the aircraft and radar remained operational at Athens international airport and regional airports.’

A committee was formed to investigate the cause of the malfunction.

* just to clarify this was reported in the UK newspaper the metro on Tuesday October 2nd and the incident took place on Saturday 29th September..

a very similar object in description causing a radar and power outage in the same region as the OP's post...strange indeed
edit on 3-10-2012 by thejester1982 because: (no reason given)

Can you please provide a link to your source.

Thanks in advance

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Except of course the thrown goat bell.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I can see that.

I can't see the bird you're seeing though. Could you trace an outline over the bird, like dethfromabuv did in their pic?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

sure thing, i viewed it via the metro app on my iphone here in the Uk but they do have an online edition

e-edition.metro.co.uk...

hope the link works, if so it's on pages 16-17
it did ask me to enter my e-mail address before viewing but this is a popular national newspaper so i trust the sight

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

I can see that.

I can't see the bird you're seeing though. Could you trace an outline over the bird, like dethfromabuv did in their pic?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Umm, really guys, its so clearly what is known as the "New York State Flag"

google image search "plastic bag in wind", "plastic bag in air", "plastic bag floating"

edit on 3-10-2012 by diesel_actual because: added image link

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Explanation: St*rred!

Since its a mirror finish I have saved it and viewed it zoomed in fax viewer and screen grabbed that ...

Then I flipped it horizontally to get a better veiw of what was being reflected ...

And here is my opinionated guess on what that details ...

A similar view from Google earth detailing what that looks like looking back from where the anomalous object could quite possibly of been situated ...

And my comparisons overlayed ...

And for me the match is in the 75%+ range.

SO was correct its a festival show mylar balloon about 50cm to 1m in diameter and about 30m to 50m away flying some 30m to 40m above sea level on the wind at a mighty speed of 8m/s [which easily carries it out of sight in seconds].

Personal Disclosure: Seems I was wrong on it being within 1m of the camera!
I apologize for that mistake.

Sorry if I popped anyones UFO ok!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

I can see that.

You have a few pixels unaccounted for in there. Good effort, and i see the shape you're pointing out, but still seems highly uncharacteristic of a bird in flight.

Also i seriously question how JPEG compression could account for the overall blue tone in a such a large area. Most birds tend to show up as either white or black.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Its the New York City Flag, a plastic shopping bag blowing in the wind

edit on 3-10-2012 by diesel_actual because: state changed to city

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Sure, you can turn it into almost anything if you just pick and choose which parts to use. How do you account for those extra bits?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legos

You have a few pixels unaccounted for in there. Good effort, and i see the shape you're pointing out, but still seems highly uncharacteristic of a bird in flight.

Also i seriously question how JPEG compression could account for the overall blue tone in a such a large area. Most birds tend to show up as either white or black.
Good points. What I am pointing out are shapes. When you look at the shapes, you see a bird. pareidolia?

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join