It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

How far away do you estimate this bird is? Is it over the road, or over the water?

One thing I noticed about the object is that it isn't casting a shadow on the road.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by teamhair
So, is noone else is the least bit curious as to why there is a version of this pic, on a Greek website, without the object?? info

Or why, when you zoom in to compare the the areas in the sky the one with the object looks a bit dodgier than the one without, at least to my eye?

edit on 2-10-2012 by teamhair because: because I still can

I must have missed your earlier post. In any case, it is interesting, although I think its just as easy to photoshop sky over a "UFO" as it is to photoshop a UFO over an empty sky.

But ultimately, although it is interesting to read Jeff's initial analysis and all the opinions of all the people posting here, I really don't think it can ever be anything more than a photographic anomaly. I doubt anyone will ever "prove" that it is a bird, bag, or "real unknown" - and in my mind has no value as a "UFO" since noone observed it in the first place.

I personally don't think it is a bird - for many reasons. Colors are really off and the white splotch looks completely out of place. A shiny bag? Maybe. Just another photoshop image? It really is almost trivial to produce something like that in my opinion. (Of course, pretty hard to prove it is or is not photoshopped.)

edit on 2-10-2012 by bluestreak53 because: Additional opinions posted

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

I suspect that if the object is close, that it's shadow would be obscured by the mirror.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
At least people have a clear measure as to what a bird looks like in a photo and therefore can rule it out of the UFO book for now (should hopefully make identification of other "ufo's" much clearer).

Not a bad effort, I suggested a drone and wasn't too far off (as were others).

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
This has been debunked.

Ignorant beyond belief if you actually consider what we're looking at.

Droplets in air refract mor of an inverted view of the surroundings. The 'highlight' is still on the top in this image and points towards the source...the sun.

The 'droplets' on the mirror appear DRY and OLD.

It perfectly explains why the photographed object in question appears fluid, because it is a fluid.

Because you say so? lol.....I'll post something in a minute that may or may not make you think again (but I doubt you have the capacity to do so).
edit on 2/10/2012 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

The droplet of fluid in the picture that is being presented as a UO is in motion laterally, comparing it to the properties of a free falling droplet is comparing apples to oranges.

Of course the sun as a light source would reflect off of the top of the droplet that has lateral motion and keeps its mass intact until impacting a surface.

The day was described as, hot and windy, small spatters of goat sweat droplets would not last more than a few seconds on a hot automobile surface, especially a mirror reflecting sunlight.

Goat sweat stands proud and strong after your feeble counterattack.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I grew up on the shore and am something of bird watcher.

Sorry but I don't see the Gull at all.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

How far away do you estimate this bird is? Is it over the road, or over the water?

One thing I noticed about the object is that it isn't casting a shadow on the road.

Gulls aren't little birds, it is at least far enough away to be over the cliff.

If I had the time (which I really don't) I could calculate a good range based on average adult gull size and the focal length of the lens. Someone posted a calculation method earlier here but I couldn't find it. I have moved to slower internet connection with a computer that has a failing video card and browsing is painfully slow.

I took information from so many others to get this far I really hope someone else buys off and completes the proofs such as likely distance from lens given size, validate that matches focus details, etc etc...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

I grew up on the shore and am something of bird watcher.

Sorry but I don't see the Gull at all.

Seriously? Most people including me tend to ignore gulls but after staring at so many 2D pictures the anatomical features match nearly perfectly.

It is an odd angle and representation and easy to miss, I missed it until xgguyx (or whatever his name is) prompted me to look in more detail with reason...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
No where close to an expert or even someone who knows what they are talking about, but was showing this picture to my brothers and we got to talking about what we think it is.
After a little discussion we say its a ship flying left to right and the shooter just so happened to take the picture at the perfect time. The shooter didn't see it because it was going so fast, but than maybe the ship would be blurry..
Another possibility could be the same as how people say they can see spirits or ghost in pictures or video that they cant see with the naked eye, maybe its the same thing but with aliens? Anyway not saying this is what it is just throwing out my 2 cents. The world may never know.. or will we??

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Ok, heres my question after watching this thread for days on end. Can someone tell me how fast was this UO traveling?

Was it going from left to right or right to left?

She didn't notice it but after she developed the pictures right?

Did she hear anything, how fast were they traveling, was there any wind blowing in their direction?

If this thing was traveling at such speeds, at a relevant height, I mean this sucker didnt appear to be high up at all, somebody must have heard and saw something?

I'm not going to say its real or a hoax. It doesn't make sense yet

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
Here is the best I can do for now I am nowhere near my computer with photoshop or any real photography programs but I think I can get the point across with paint...

Remember this is highly compressed and even with the original was never shot is RAW only Jpeg which means the imaging software will take liberties with objects not fully in focus including softening of edges and slight color changes to match the surrounding (AKA the sky).

Please see my previous post outlining seagull pictures and you will see the anatomy and scale matches perfectly.

Can anyone prove or show good evidence this is wrong?

That is one pretty messed up looking bird you have created there.

I do not buy the bird theory at all. Not even a little bit.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
hey, got the email with the original jpg you guys send me. popped it open in PhotoShop on my 42"HD monitor.
and... wow!! not going to say it's e.t., but, it sure as hell is not a plane, helicopter, bird or flying trout, that's for sure!
this thing actually looks like something me and my mother seen as we were getting into our car, as we came out of an office supply store. so we stood there looking up at the sky and there was this chrome object, looking A LOT like this thing... just then, this other couple was getting out of their car, saw us looking up, then they look at this thing and stared at it, and we're just watching this thing move in the sky like NOTHING i've ever seen. it would move in zig-zag-like motion, until it just took off into a cloud. then the other couple watching and us just looked at each other, said nothing and each went our own ways. But anyway, the object in this picture looks just like what me and my mother seen that afternoon, in broad daylight. lol, my mother believes in ufos or whatever they are, i'm still skeptic. i mean, with all the insect and bird looking drones all these nano-tech companies are developing, these ufos/objects can be just about anything. i also do believe that anti-gravity technology is centuries old, just kept secret from us all by those who hold it. but... VERY nice picture!! doesn't look manipulated in PhotoShop to my eye. and i'm a photoshop expert since the earlie 90's. this photographer was lucky of being at the right place at the right time, i'll say that. good thing she shared it with ATS, and ats with us! cause this looks like something i seen about 2 years ago. ...again, thanks ats!!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister13
VERY nice picture!! doesn't look manipulated in PhotoShop to my eye. and i'm a photoshop expert since the earlie 90's.

I'm not saying that the photo has been manipulated but it does looks particularly easy to reproduce given how unfamiliar/unrecognizable the object is.

At best, the fact that the photo doesn't look manipulated is irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

What anatomical features have I pointed that out are inconsistent from a real gull at that angle in that pose?

Remember it is out of focus and not captured well by the ccd a lot of information is missing no matter what it is and a gull meets every requirement in the manner I've pointed out.

If you just want to believe it is an alien craft I understand I do too. I WANT to be convinced I'm wrong.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

This is why I say to actually read the initial writeup. The object is not lopsided. The "dent" in the top right upper side you are seeing in the original image, is a product of glare/specular highlight, typical with an object reflecting it surroundings. (i.e. sky)

The small angles on each left and right edge are readily apparent.

Just because you draw a curved line around something don't make is so. Even on the enhancement, the upper right quadrant is empty or at the very least fragmented enough to indicate that there's nothing there except extended glare.

I know people want very much to see symmetry. We have a natural psychological tendency in that regard. But there's no way this thing is symmetrical. It's lumpy, bumpy and lop-sided, with one of the plastic bag handles extending on the lower right side.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
Ok, heres my question after watching this thread for days on end. Can someone tell me how fast was this UO traveling?

Is wasn't seen or noticed at the time the photo was taken, which is always a huge red flag. Usually it means it was a bird, because we tend not to pay attention to them when we're taking photos.

Otherwise, it didn't show up in any of the other photos taken. (It would be nice to see the others.) So even though there was apparently a clear blue sky with visibility for miles, the thing would have to just pop into existence and then vanish so it couldn't be seen coming or going by the witnesses or appear in any of the other photos.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by magma

What anatomical features have I pointed that out are inconsistent from a real gull at that angle in that pose?

Remember it is out of focus and not captured well by the ccd a lot of information is missing no matter what it is and a gull meets every requirement in the manner I've pointed out.

If you just want to believe it is an alien craft I understand I do too. I WANT to be convinced I'm wrong.

Based on your analysis it could just as easily be a plastic bag.

I would lean more towards a plastic bag then a bird.

But I am not leaning anywhere.

I do not know if I want to be an alien craft. That might upset my view on the world. I do not have a clue really what it is, but I can not see a bird.

I enjoy the chase, the raising of intelligence and the discover of new things. This case seems to fit the bill for me in that way as, so far, no one has actually been able to provide any convincing solution

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethfromabuv
I've got to go with the bird explanation.

Putting the size and location issues of the object aside for a second, the problem with this image is that the wings are curved inwards, like this -

I don't think a seagull's wings can curve like that, it should look more like this -

Or this,

I'm no bird expert but the way the wings are bent in the drawing looks very cartoonish and not natural.

edit on 3-10-2012 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I want to see a real photo of a ufo as much as the next person...but it...is....a bag sorry, but just a bag.

Bag:

Multiple bags taking flight from a land fill:

Bags can fly through the air for 1000's of miles...it is a B-A-G; bag. Sorry but its a bag, I wish it weren't; for those that want to believe so bad; that it can't be anything else but a ufo...but it's a bag.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

At a glance you could suggest it is a bag. I am not suggesting it is though.

For a start it is way to big.

When you look at the orginal photo on a big screen this becomes apparant

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join