It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believers in after life, do you really think reincarnation takes place, why or why not?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hope4peace

Originally posted by Drala

Originally posted by Hope4peace
reply to post by chelle21689

I think I believe in reincarnation but I'm not positive....I "feel" like I"ve lived a previous life. One person mentioned believing that maybe we carry over some phobias in our next life....that seems to ring true to me. I've wondered if maybe birth marks were scars from what killed us in our previous lives. What do think about that idea?

This is truth also...I can confirm that first hand...

I would be interested in hearing more about this from you

You will...just not right now

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I always used to answer that I was not sure but then something occurred to me that a pattern of events in my life are connected to a night when I was 5 that I met an non human individual in my kitchen. Now I have an enormous suspicion based on many things involving numerous people and numerous events that have taken place, that he visited me because he somehow recognized me from a past life.

I have no idea how, but that perhaps our government might have a clue as they seem to be learning all sorts of stuff from ET visitation... and that it might actually be possible to recognize the reincarnated. If it has not been discovered, I think it should be researched heavily because I just feel that certain that this is all what this has been about. I only have a handful of ideas of where to begin but it has become of big interest of mine especially in light of an even bigger mystery of exactly what happened to him or what others know about it, which is really frustrating but enlightening.

It's like I said somewhere else. I think the governments real problem is that the government can't keep their problems buried. You got all this inter-dimensional talk and people always bringing up alien encounters and the military... this huge cover up and people saying all sorts of things like they are demons which is actually just primitive thinking. If they If they were really concerned about hostile forces, they wouldn't be so eager to propagate hostility and the government does propagate hostility. I'm not saying hostile entities of any type do not exist, I'm saying look to yourself before you look to others.

I'm dying to know the answer to these questions but that's a long road ahead trying to figure all this # out. Which area would be the best to start? I have ideas but if they know something they are not saying anything and they may have even gotten the understanding of some genetics from this. If so, they are not sharing, they are not collaborating and seeing as how it could very well effect everyone, I think it's pretty #ty they would hide it from people.

Imagine if it were true in the bible those who had been remembered from past lives... how did angels do this? What did they see? What if a person could be tracked throughout lifetimes?

I know... I sound like I've lost my mind. I believe there is a database of this and Christians would refer to this as the book of life.

edit on 30-9-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

It's okay to hold the Beliefs that you offered, and I do hope no one offends you when speaking otherwise.

But, this Truth you speak of came to you via Indoctrination.. the Teaching of Doctrine, specifically Christian Doctrine, hence you are a Christian. Nothing wrong with that at all, until people attempt to use this same Indoctrination as Truth to persuade others of their wrong-perception even when those people who do really KNOW have said otherwise.

Now I know the standard approach in such cases is to say, "Satan is Fooling them".. as you said in your reply to the OP. So, who has enough experience with this Satan thing/concept/Belief to know if it is real or not.. the people reading the Book of Indoctrination or would it be those people who have experienced much well outside of the Indoctrination and who therefore have clearer perception on the issue... via direct experience of it ?

Example, how would you know if it was Satan trying to fool you, or a real experience of the Spirit .. other than to hastily use the "In Christ's name I demand you gone" type of thing ?

Answer: Direct Experiencer's would have learned the signature Feel of each Being they have come into contact with, and knowing that it is the Feel which offers all the information necessary about a Being, they would more effectively Know. Whereas a person Indoctrinated into Belief, and simply reading the words, with no direct experience or Legacy of Knowledge gained from such experience would not Know how to tell who and what is doing what to whom in a spiritual sense.

Is that a fair statement to make ?

Just so you understand my intent a little better, I don't come to argue against your Religion and your Beliefs, I simply speak of things I do Know, not what has been Indoctrinated into me as Beliefs. Please find no offence in my words.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Many ancient cultures believed in reincarnation though the whole "karma" concept of it came later in Brahmin India. The two ground-breaking studies that affirm reincarnation (I will try to find links) point to a reincarnation that has little to do with karma and shows more a group clustering of souls.

I can only imagine that at a time when DNA was unheard of people were surprised by grandchildren resmbling grandparents or distant aunts and uncles. This might have led them to think of a spirit returning. One must not forget that ancestor worship is among the most ancient cults (religions) that survives today.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
But enlightment is something you recive not an end all to the journey from my point of view since you can get it during your life. A physical thing that can come after a egoloss/fear based amagydala overload that opens up the crown chakra to a wide extent (if you use the chakra as a view of how the body works and I do not know if it is precise but it is the best model I have found). I do not know what happens when you die so I cannot answer you anything more than theories that will not be 100% true anyway. But an opened crown chakra will make you feel connected to something and loving toward it due to the physical feeling you get from something.

Enlightment do not fix everything in the ego/mind and being in the light does not automaticly make you harmonious and one with everything directly.

But you might be able to play around with synchronicity and third eye a bit and feeling the bliss is nice.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
I don't believe in reincarnation.

The Bible states that on Judgment Day that our souls will be reunited with our bodies. If there was reincarnation, which body would our soul be united with?

Life isn't about "Try and try again until you get it right." Life is about playing the cards you're dealt with in this 1 life and making the most out of it all --not "Ok, this life sucks, bring on the next one!"

Reincarnation teaches people not to handle this life seriously. It says don't worry about it, there will be a next time if you mess up this time! Reincarnation also promotes suicide.

I understand your view but. Is wheter or not suicide is a good or bad thing not between the soul and source/god? How can you not be sure that source/god was not meaning for the soul to go home at that moment?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
For me believing in a next life ... my next life ... helped me in the beginning, to lose the fear of dying. why should I fear death, when I come back anyways.

But having lived several lifes (hundreds, maybe thousands) sounds like something that could be true. At least it feels like it. I can not say for sure, what I was before this life, but I have a feeling, that I exist, because I need to learn something ... something that can't be learned in one life ... like solving the puzzle of my existence.

There are so many people out there, everybody similar to each other, but different as well ... different thoughts, hopes, skills and behaviours ... where does all that come from?

Sure, science can explain all these things. The genes from mommy and daddy made you what you are today. we are just a mixture of our parents genes.

Maybe, but there are so many people, that do not have anything in common with their birth parents ... different tastes, wishes, ways to do things ...

I believe you live your life and try to learn as much as possible, so you are able to understand the meaning of life and living it ... maybe you are looking for a way out or you want to be the next jesus ... whatever keeps you running, you have to learn things, to be able to understand them and to bring them into your reality. Life after life, we learn something new ... life after life we are getting closer to what keeps us searching ... how long? They say the universe is endless and so is existence ... so maybe we will die and live in an endless rhythm ... maybe we live as long as necessary, so we can answer the questions that are important for us ... maybe we die for ever or reach a next level after we got the answers we were looking for ...

Why do I believe in reincarnation? Because it explains my reality much better ... it fits ... makes sense and lets me keep my faith ...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Reincarnation is real and there is evidence of it. not proof, but evidence. And the afterlifr is real, and theres evidence for it too.

Basically as i see it, you usually spend some time in the afterlife before coming back here. I read on some newage site it was usually about 100 years. Basically, your relatives and friends want to see you again, so you wait up atleast until everyone you knew dies. Also, do you really want to come back right away lol? Life sucks

Sometimes people seem to reincarnate immediately, and sometimes they remember their past life, maybe even look like him. This can lead to weirdness. What if you try to hook up with your wife? We arent meant to do things like that..

Also, you are here because you wanted to exist. No one is here unless they want to be. You need to stop wanting material things or youll be back here again. According to buddha.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Reincarnation absolutely is a fact of "Life", you may learn enough in this lifetime to be able to be born into a much more "Spiritually" aware civilisation.
Reincarnation is also a major part of the leveling towards harmony, nobody knows more than the person who has been hurt or abused, who it was who done it, on a global level, people will be given the opportunity to be reborn into positions from which they will be able to affect the very things that affected them in their lives.
Depending on who and what that person is on the level of their personality they may be just as predisposed to create the disharmony for others that affected them, or, they may be of a personality whereby they will try and alter things for the betterment of others.

If something that should not be stolen from a man IS stolen, i am very sure that man may in time be reincarnated into influence the very vessel that was stolen and with it, the influencing of those who stole it.

All depends on how maligned a person feels, and, how strongly the sense of being wronged is when they die, take for instance, someone who has been used as a guinea pig and injected with something under the guise of a HEP b vaccination, this alone if the person knew it and felt strongly enough that it was an incredibly wrong thing to have done to them, may, when they die use that as the impetus to be placed into a position where the people involved in that would be given a life lesson as to why it was wrong, and maybe to suffer something that hurt just as much.

It is also possible to be born later on into your own genetic materiel, you may appear in a few generations back into your own family, especially if there is reason for it.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
After studying our Ancient History, Ancient Philosophies and Religions, NDE's, I do believe whole heartily in reincarnation.

It makes sense.

We reap what we sow, if not in this life, another life.

Nations.... even reap what they sow as well.

Because of the above belief (last sentence) I will say this is exactly WHY we are over in the Middle East, Playing God.

The problem, we are not God and I believe he is looking down on US to make this war finally come to an end. The two seeds have been warring since they were in the womb of Rebekah. Issac and Esau. Israelites and Edomites.

Slavery was never in the "plan", however because of mans ignorance in not seeking truth and allowing others to tell us what to believe, we have nations against other nations all in the name of God as a "front".

Israel is having an Identity Crisis and the people are being played.

Sorry OP.... I drifted. lol

Reincarnation is indeed a part of life. Transformation is what I like to call it as all energy transforms.

Jesus taught it and so did all the early religions and philosophies of Ancient times. Only in the fourth century did Christianity and other religions become infiltrated by the Romans.

Israelites are now called Jews, hence the Identity Crisis we are all feeling and a part of.

As the story plays out..... you will see Karma eventually come around and I hope its many life times away but the closer we come to war, the closer we get to reaping what we have sown.

Our US and other nations Government has went away from God and so they do not understand Karma and transformation as a birth right.

When it is all said and done, we will all understand this concept.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Just take a look at this, it's quite amusing.
Also, my hubby's uncle died at the age of 43 due to heart attack. We believe he has been born again as my brother in laws' son who was born on the same birthday of the uncle and the exact time that he died. Sept16 3:33 a.m. He also has very similar tastes and allergies to same things. And many other things too. Anyway, see this---

Girl claims she is astronaut Kalpana Chawla reborn

Khurja, Uttar Pradesh: A four-year-old girl who claims her name is Kalpana Chawla and that she died up in the skies four years ago is drawing huge crowds in a village here in Uttar Pradesh.

Residents of Nar Mohammadpur village, about 35 km from here, where little Upasana is visiting her relatives, think she might be the reincarnation of the India born astronaut Kalpana Chawla, who died when US space shuttle Columbia crashed four years ago.

The news of the girl's claim spread quickly in the area after she spoke to some villagers here. "I am Kalpana Chawla," says Upasana, who reportedly fears the sight an aircraft. She has been telling her illiterate parents that she died in a "crash" up in the skies.

"Upasana has been telling us ever since she started speaking that her name was Kalpana Chawla and that her father's name was Banarsi Das Chawla but we could not figure out anything as we had never heard of Kalpana," Upasana's father Raj Kumar told reporters.

Raj Kumar is a resident of Pata village of Etawah district where he works as a labourer. "Yet Upasana's proclamation led us all to believe that she was actually talking about her previous birth," he said. "She claims that the spacecraft was hit by a huge ball of ice that sent it crashing and ended her life."

Upasana was born barely two months after the astronaut's death in 2003.

ibnlive.in.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I believe in reincarnation too, but thinking about it does boggle the mind, especially when you take into account time does not exsist on the other side.

It leaves my brain spinning to think that I could come back and live in a passed life after this current one. Or even come back as someone else while I'm still here

I wouldn't freak out too much about the fact your partner could come back as you brother, as on the whole, it could be that they are all just another aspect of yourself.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I love this thread!!!! I use to not believe in it. Until you look at a child who is 2 speaking another lang. or one that is jumping around like they are holding a spear or something dancing and chanting in a circle. Then there was that little boy who said he was a polite in the military that I believe fought in Japan. It has been awhile since I saw the story. I just think there are to many stories out there to not have something to them. I just don't want there to be nothing after we die.I can't flag because I don't have the little blue "flag this" (I don't know why it is not on my page!) or I would flag this. I will star!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The biggest issue I have with the theory of reincarnation is this. There are basically more people alive right now, than have ever lived combined. So if reincarnation is real, then where did all of the extra people come from now?

Its my opinion that the theory of reincarnation came from a different group of people than the ones who developed the theory of a god. But its all an attempt to answer the one big question. Why are we here?

Well...we're here because we're here. There's no way to explain it. Just go with it. Deal with living now. Any attempt to live life now for some future goal, to gain or prevent some future reward or punishment...takes away from the experience of living now....for yourself.

And anyone who claims they know what is out there after we die, is either lying. or delusional. And every single claim can be explained by a rational explanation.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Ultimately, the rational biologist in you doesn't have the tools or expertise to say "No" in any absolute manner. You know, just saying.

So how 'bout we all wait instead of saying, "MUST HAVE ANSWER NOW!!!" I mean, we waited for how long before leaning that nuclear fission was possible? And we waited how long to learn that we CAN fly?

Keep that in mind.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The biggest issue I have with the theory of reincarnation is this. There are basically more people alive right now, than have ever lived combined. So if reincarnation is real, then where did all of the extra people come from now?
reply to post by webpirate

Mmmmmmmmm!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

What's the use for an afterlife is there's reincarnation?

I believe in reincarnation, and I believe that every life is like a train going to the next train station, where you enter the station (afterlife) get picked up by the next train (reincarnation) and go on your way. And along the train ride, you interact with people and see the scenery go by, and you try to learn from your experiences. When you've learned what you need to, well...I don't think a lot of people really KNOW what happens from there.

Afterlife and reincarnation are difficult concepts to balance, depending on how you define each in your mind. But that's how I look at them as coexisting principles. Loose analogies, but then again, all explicit understanding requires explicit translation, and all translation is imperfect. So that's what I have to give you. My two bent pennies worth.

edit on 30-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
There is a post from my thread (link in my signature) from Alfred2012 on page 65 where he shared information he received from his spirit guide about what happens just after crossing over. His post was originally on a different thread. I found it and brought it to my thread to validate a "dream" another member, Timical, had which showed the same thing Alfred2012 had stated. (Alfred and Timical have both given permission to use their posts).

Alfred2012:

"There is a phase very soon after you pass over where you go to a kind of "sanatorium". This is a special state of consciousness where you fall into a kind of "deep sleep" which is done for regeneration and healing of the consciousness. This is the time where even a medium has no access to the decedent. But it is possible to contact the guide of the decedent during that time. This phase can last some month (if we compare this to earth time).
Most of the decedents have this "sanatorium" phase but there are exceptions (they directly develop to higher consciousness level)."

Timical shared his dream on page 53, which I interpereted for him (below) on page 55. This wasn't a typical dream. This, IMO, is Timical recalling his spirit guide taking him on a spiritual journey during his sleep.

Timical came on the thread before Alfred2012 sharing his dream, and Alfred2012 had originally posted what he shared above on another thread.
I see this as validation that this is the first step of what happens when crossing over before we reincarnate.

Timical's dream was very long, so I don't have room to post the dream and my analysis both here. (You can read the dream on my thread on page 53)

Timical's Dream Analysis:

The dirt path is representative of situations where people have been less than honorable and may have acted in a devious manner. The walls having no roofs symbolizes there is no barrier between the consciousness, mentality, and beliefs of the people here.
The sky transitioning between daylight and night fall indicates this place is like a “twilight zone” where souls go to contemplate on the bad choices they made during their lifetime. The labyrinth indicates their desire to get to the center of their problem during contemplation. It also means they many feel lost with no way out.

The souls in this place are confronted by limitations, obstacles, and boundaries obstructing their progress (dirty walls). The dirty walls and structures in this place are symbolic of the “dirty souls” who have contaminated it.
Although the walls signify limitations, obstacles, and boundaries, they are connected together by archways which represent new areas of opportunity. If the soul realizes its errors during contemplation, they may possibly be able to move into one of the other rooms leading to the fountain (which represents Jesus). Each room seems to represent different levels of sin. Archways also represent our support system, which are God and his angels.

Your guide handed you a green orb. Orbs symbolize truth, and a sudden understanding or realization. The color of green corresponds with the heart chakra. The heart governs passion, love, and healing.
You held the orb in front of a man and it entered the man’s chest (looked into his heart), and gave you the realization of his life and why he was there.

The broken archways you saw when you started walking down the path symbolize the support system (God and angels) have broken away in these areas.

You came upon a wall that had an opening. This symbolizes an escape from the boundaries, limitations, and obstacles that leads down this long path. The path had a water fountain at the end, but had no water. Jesus is called “the fountain of the living waters”, or “the fountain of life”. This fountain represents Jesus, but had nothing to offer the people here to “quench their thirst for knowledge”. They had to help themselves through deep contemplation on their life.

You noticed people sitting on the ground, and leaning on the walls. They were pure white. This seems to indicate souls who recognized the error of their ways during contemplation in the other rooms. They purified their souls from sin, indicated by the color of white. Now they wait for “judgment day”.

The rooms around the fountain had no walls (barriers) to the fountain, but they had a roof, which is a barrier sheltering their consciousness and beliefs. The people here will have to break through their current belief system before they can free themselves of sin.

One of the rooms was dark with what you called “grim reaper” type beings standing guard, although they weren’t actually grim reapers. Their sword and shield represent strength and authority and physical protection from the bad souls escaping.
The hay on the ground represents the necessity of hard work to get their souls cleansed. This room is occupied with souls who have sinned on a much darker scale. You left this room in disgust, and entered another room behind the fountain.

You took pity on a woman in this room and tried to help her, but your guide told you that you couldn’t because she had already made her choice (during her life on earth). She must realize her mistakes through soul-contemplation on her own so she can grow in spiritual wisdom, without anyone’s help.

Your guide then tells you it is time to go. He sends your spirit back to your body and you wake up.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

I have read that the reason so many people are here now is because there are a lot of souls that put off coming here to learn their "earthly" lessons. Now the earth is about to come to the end of this age, so they all had to come now or they would lose the opportunity forever.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I tend to lean toward the theory that our electrical energy or "spirit" returns to the ether when we die, perhaps joining a collective consciousness.

It's generally accepted that, since the big bang, energy cannot be destroyed, it's simply transferred. I believe that there is an afterlife, and that it's one of energy, flowing through everything.

This does the most to explain things for me, from the electrical energy we use to function, to the idea of becoming one with everything when people experience near death, to messages from beyond...

I've always thought that perhaps there are examples explaining this in nature, almost deliberately. The caterpillar becomes the butterfly.

So, I guess it is reincarnation to a degree, because we're all using the energy that has possibly flowed through everything already.

The only real question I have beyond what I already think is how far this extends. Is our energy limited to this rock, or does this transfer of energy extend out into other galaxies and other worlds, other lifeforms and civilizations?

Interesting discussion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join