It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believers in after life, do you really think reincarnation takes place, why or why not?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
Reincarnation teaches people not to handle this life seriously. It says don't worry about it, there will be a next time if you mess up this time! Reincarnation also promotes suicide.

I really couldn't disagree more here. My Faith is an odd thing in that I have no formal Church building to attend and a different calendar for the most meaningful of days than most would recognize (or may just call mislabeled) So, it's hard to narrow down with specifics like the black and white word of the Bible or the Quran. However, core to my own belief system under my Faith is what I've found common to everyone else I've known along the way, reincarnation as a real and tangible thing.

Reincarnation ought to, if anything, make life MORE meaningful. It's not a 'throw your hands up' and give up if life has gotten too tough. There IS no more meaningful example of 'Everywhere you go, there you are'. Failing to get it right in one life....just means the screw ups compound by karma into the next. So not taking things seriously isn't something I've known to be encouraged, personally...in theory.

In terms of suicide... It's my deep belief that suicide carries very serious repercussion and on a spiritual level. Every major religion I've seen picks up on this same thing as a constant. I think they're defining just that, a constant that we all live with...quite literally. Reincarnation encouraging the idea of suicide then, is the furthest from what I've known to be the case among people who do similarly hold it as a core belief. Just my two cents...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Spot On.

I agree with almost everything you said.

In the end though, everyone has the right to make their own decision.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chelle21689

You've asked some of the big questions, and will get a lot of different answers.

To your first question... I DO NOT Believe.. I Experience and offer what I know from that... too very different things.

For many years part of my work was with the dying and the dead, to assist those stuck Here or in other areas near to Here to see through whatever their block was so that they could then move on into the Light. I could do this work because I had thoroughly explored the differing levels of awareness/reality and so already had a 'roadmap' of where to take the dead and how to work with them effectively. Anyone can do this work, they just need to learn from direct experience.

So, I know there is something after the death of this current Body, and I know that as Souls we choose what we do and what we want to experience with a physical body.

I wish to share a generalised view of what happens when a deadie (as I call them) arrive into the Light, at a place I called the "Arrival Zone"....

Despite having cleared whatever block the deadie had in order to move into the Light, the greatest part of their 'healing' starts at this point, where as they begin to Remember having been in that place before they also begin to Shine from the Inside. This starts a process of dropping off all the Human Beliefs.. every.. single .. one of them.

Please notice these next words..... All Human Beliefs, all our concepts, all our desires, all thoughts of what is and what can't be real.. EVERYTHING falls away from the deadie like mud.. I call it the Dross... the very stuff that keeps us Blinded to bigger picture reality when in Life. In fact, it is Human Beliefs that prevent us from Knowing anything from direct experience.. they are the things that Limit us.

Reincarnation...

Excellent perception you have already, in that Souls are simply Souls, and the Body Forms they take for Life Experience are the only real differences. Some choose a Human Life, others choose something else, we humans of course Believe it to be different.

My experience shows me that Souls CHOOSE the Itinerary for Life Experience, and then once living that Life they tend to make it up as they go along based on the options for choices included in the Itinerary. And, Souls choose life experience for one reason.. to supply the Living Universe.. and aware and energetic reality.. with experience of Itself in order to come to know itself.. just as we humans do when growingup from childhood to adulthood and beyond... so the old adage of As Above, So Below applies.

Souls do not make such decisions based on anything we humans Believe.. so Duality (good or evil) does not exist in the realm of Soul, it is only a part of the experience on offer in some worlds. In which case a Soul can choose to have horrific experiences Here because they do not See it as a Bad thing.. it is always seen as only valid experiences.

I hope this goes some way to assisting you and your thoughts.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well said!!!
Personal Experience is the ultimate and only teacher in this life.
Shared knowledge and experiences are only pertinent to ourselves from others when we can relate with them from our own experiences and knowledge.

I have an analogy I like to think of that hits it home even more.

During Physics Lab, or any lab class for example, why do we all participate in recreating an experiment, (speed of gravity) (anatomy of a frog etc) when it would be easier for the lab instructor to just relay the information vocally?

Because, the purpose of the lab is to verify "personally" and "experience" the validity of the claims for "yourself."

That is why it is near impossible for some people to comprehend or understand why others do the things they do and say. The old proverbial, "step in someones else shoes" saying applies here, which gives further credence to reincarnation. We are all where we are, and who we think we are, because of a sequence of events, thoughts, and genetics, and past life subconscious memories. We may not understand the same lessons needed to learn from this perspective I, unless we start all over again, with a different sequence of events next time.

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by Toadmund

I'm not going to convince anyone of anything.
Just giving my own personal understanding from what I have experienced.
Yes, after a long meditation and a request to the universe to know if reincarnation was a valid spiritual experience,to know if there was any truth to it, it happened.

But that is just me.

edit on 29-9-2012 by jacobe001 because: Misstype

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I'm inclined to believe that death is like a switch, that thee is really no afterlife. I also do not see why humans would merit a special treatment after death nor accept convoluted and unrealistic methods to return to this experience.

I also strongly accept as factual that the process of dying is personal and time and space ceases to have any meaning, that you experience your own reality in its fullness.

Since life is the process of dying, in my view there must be a meaning for life. I'm still not fully convinced by it comforts me to at least expect some purpose beyond satisfying life's biological imperative, perpetuation of the genes (the race for mortality, and continued perfection of life itself). I see too much order on the universe to accept that any life experience and realization will simply be discarded. I hope that in life all organisms are simply representations of the universe experience itself, that we are all ultimately interconnected in a greater structure of conscience, that may even transcend our universe.

I do not give any credit to any concept that makes Man, Earth, even Sol system the center of all. This is extremely archaic logic.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Jesus taught reincarnation in the bible. They were removed by Emperor Constantine when he chose which books to use in the one religion bible to be used by the masses so a religious war wouldn't break out over different teachings.
And you are spot on with some of your post. Reincarnation did make the people think they shouldn't take this life seriously because they could come back for a redo. That's another reason he removed the books. And...... it would take away the Church's CONTROL over the masses.
I have Bible verses in the thread I posted to back this up. I have also come across more since then.
I don't have time to post them now, and I'm not going to get into a religious debate about it.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but if you want to learn the truth, dig a little deeper.
Peace.

Amen to that...for John was Elias that was to come...Straight from the Messiah's own words...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by chelle21689
I hate the thought of reincarnation honestly...

I agree...

People believe in reincarnation because of the vast amount of misinformation surrounding it.

It's just another lie designed to mislead people AWAY from the truth.

Satan will use any means available to lead people away from God. He doesn't have to get people to believe there is no god, he simply has to get them to not believe in the Christian God. A simple way for him to do this is with counterfeit religious experiences such as 'reincarnation past-lives.'"

Reincarnation -- Satan's Second-Biggest Lie

"Why would Satan bother coming up with a big lie about reincarnation? What's the point?"

Mankind has an innate desire to commune with God. It is in our nature, because God put it there. Satan will use any means available to lead people away from God. He doesn't have to get people to believe there is no god, he simply has to get them to not believe in the Christian God. A simple way for him to do this is with counterfeit religious experiences such as "reincarnation past-lives."

"Is there any evidence that reincarnation is true?"

There IS false evidence that reincarnation is true.

Huh? False evidence of truth? What does that mean?

Suppose you are on a jury trying Smith for burglary, and Smith did commit the burglary. Smith gets on the witness stand and lies—he says he was with his girlfriend all day. Smith has presented evidence. It is false evidence, but it still is evidence.

But what if you believe Smith? You think you reached the correct decision, but it's still false evidence. You leave secure in the knowledge that Smith didn't and could not possibly have committed the burglary—after all, you have evidence. But your decision is based on false evidence.

Hinduism, Buddhism, and New Age beliefs are deceptions.

Through Hinduism and Buddhism, and their core belief of karma and reincarnation, Satan has deceived many people into accepting and believing that by doing good works, a person would qualify to have his spirit elevated from one lifetime to the next in order to eventually reach a state of spiritual ‘enlightenment’.

I believe even rational and logical thinking persons can choose to believe in ‘reincarnation’. This is because they have been deceived by demonic spirits. They are rendered blind to reason and logic regarding spiritual matters.

Through Hinduism and Buddhism, Satan and his fellow demonic spirits have deceived many generations of people in large parts of the world into unwittingly allowing their bodies and souls to be possessed. This permits the demonic spirits to 'reincarnate' in them serially.

Satan inspired Hinduism and Buddhism with the core beliefs of Karma and reincarnation.
The concept of reincarnation has been debunked by the concept of demonic spirit possession explaining all the ‘evidence’ proffered for reincarnation.
Hence reincarnation is a lie and Hinduism, Buddhism, and New Age beliefs are deceptions. They bear the signature of Satan. Source

The only way we can correctly learn about the afterlife, including the subject of reincarnation is to consult the Bible. It alone is the only source inspired by Almighty God. No other book is the proven word of God, though such claims have been made about the following: Book of Mormon, Quran (Koran), Bhagavad-Gita, Avesta, Angas, etc. When the evidence is examined, the findings show reincarnation is a lie.

The Bible is proven as the word of God by the fulfillment of Bible prophesies. It is mathametically impossible for all of these prophesies to have just happened by chance. This proves that the people that wrote the Bible were inspired by God, for only God could accurately foretell the future, in detail 100% of the time, and at the same time encourage mankind to obey Him.

Reincarnation Is A Lie

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

Also the blind man the apostles questioned him about...The Messiah had the chance to deny reincarnation again...he did not...

PS look at my Sig...what do you think a Transmigration is??

Careful of the Wolf Paul...his teachings are dangerous...the one argument that you will see time and time again...Hebrews 9:27...but who is the UNKNOWN author?? The wolf in sheep's clothing

Who wrote hebrews?
Here's a paste of the contents...

Question: "Who wrote the Book of Hebrews? Who was the author of Hebrews?"

Answer: Theologically speaking, scholars generally regard the book of Hebrews to be second in importance only to Paul's letter to the Romans in the New Testament. No other book so eloquently defines Christ as high priest of Christianity, superior to the Aaronic priesthood, and the fulfillment of the Law and the Prophets. This book presents Christ as the Author and Perfecter of our faith (Hebrews 12:2). However, both the authorship and audience are in question.

The title, "To the Hebrews," which appears in the earliest known copy of the epistle is not a part of the original manuscript. There is no salutation, the letter simply begins with the assertion that Jesus, the Son of God, has appeared, atoned for our sins, and is now seated at the right hand of God in heaven (Hebrews 1:1-4).

The letter closes with the words "Grace be with you all" (Hebrews 13:25), which is the same closing found in each of Paul's known letters (see Romans 16:20; 1 Corinthians 16:23; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Galatians 6:18; Ephesians 6:24; Philippians 4:23; Colossians 4:18; 1 Thessalonians 5:28; 2 Thessalonians 3:18; 1 Timothy 6:21; 2 Timothy 4:22; Titus 3:15; and Philemon 25). However, it should be noted that Peter (1 Peter 5:14; 2 Peter 3:18) used similar—though not identical—closings. Possibly that it was simply customary to close letters like this with the words "Grace be with you all" during this time period.

Church tradition teaches that Paul wrote the book of Hebrews, and until the 1800s, that issue was closed. However, though a vast majority of Christians—both and scholars and the laity—still believe Paul wrote the book, there are some tempting reasons to think otherwise.

First and foremost is the lack of a salutation. Some sort of personal salutation from Paul appears in all of his letters. So it would seem that writing anonymously is not his usual method; therefore, the reasoning goes, Hebrews cannot be one of his letters. Second, the overall composition and style is of a person who is a very sophisticated writer. Even though he was certainly a sophisticated communicator, Paul stated that he purposely did not speak with a commanding vocabulary (1 Corinthians 1:17; 2:1; 2 Corinthians 11:6).

The book of Hebrews quotes extensively from the Old Testament. Paul, as a Pharisee, would have been familiar with the Scripture in its original Hebrew language. In other letters, Paul either quotes the Masoretic Text (the original Hebrew) or paraphrases it. However, all of the quotes in this epistle are taken out of the Septuagint (the Greek Old Testament), which is inconsistent with Paul's usage. Finally, Paul was an apostle who claimed to receive his revelations directly from the Lord Jesus (1 Corinthians 11:23; Galatians 1:12). The writer of Hebrews specifically says that he was taught by an apostle (Hebrews 2:3).

If Paul didn't write the letter, who did? The most plausible suggestion is that this was actually a sermon Paul gave and it was transcribed later by Luke, a person who would have had the command of the Greek language which the writer shows. Barnabas is another likely prospect, since he was a Levite and would have been speaking on a subject that he knew much about. Martin Luther suggested Apollos, since he would have had the education the writer of this letter must have had. Priscilla and Clemet of Rome have been suggested by other scholars.

However, there is still much evidence that Paul wrote the letter. The most compelling comes from Scripture itself. Remember that Peter wrote to the Hebrews (that is, the Jews; see Galatians 2:7, 9 and 1 Peter 1:1). Peter wrote: "...just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him [emphasis added]" (2 Peter 3:15). In that last verse, Peter is confirming that Paul had also written a letter to the Hebrews!

The theology presented in Hebrews is consistent with Paul's. Paul was a proponent of salvation by faith alone (Ephesians 2:8, 9), and that message is strongly communicated in this epistle (Hebrews 4:2, 6:12, 10:19-22, 10:37-39, and 11:1-40). Either Paul wrote the epistle, or the writer was trained by Paul. Although it is a small detail, this epistle makes mention of Timothy (Hebrews 13:23), and Paul is the only apostle known to have ever done that in any letter.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by chelle21689
I hate the thought of reincarnation honestly...

I agree...

People believe in reincarnation because of the vast amount of misinformation surrounding it.

It's just another lie designed to mislead people AWAY from the truth.

Satan will use any means available to lead people away from God. He doesn't have to get people to believe there is no god, he simply has to get them to not believe in the Christian God. A simple way for him to do this is with counterfeit religious experiences such as 'reincarnation past-lives.'"

"Why would Satan bother coming up with a big lie about reincarnation? What's the point?"

Mankind has an innate desire to commune with God. It is in our nature, because God put it there. Satan will use any means available to lead people away from God. He doesn't have to get people to believe there is no god, he simply has to get them to not believe in the Christian God. A simple way for him to do this is with counterfeit religious experiences such as "reincarnation past-lives."

"Is there any evidence that reincarnation is true?"

There IS false evidence that reincarnation is true.

Huh? False evidence of truth? What does that mean?

Suppose you are on a jury trying Smith for burglary, and Smith did commit the burglary. Smith gets on the witness stand and lies—he says he was with his girlfriend all day. Smith has presented evidence. It is false evidence, but it still is evidence.

But what if you believe Smith? You think you reached the correct decision, but it's still false evidence. You leave secure in the knowledge that Smith didn't and could not possibly have committed the burglary—after all, you have evidence. But your decision is based on false evidence.

Hinduism, Buddhism, and New Age beliefs are deceptions.

Through Hinduism and Buddhism, and their core belief of karma and reincarnation, Satan has deceived many people into accepting and believing that by doing good works, a person would qualify to have his spirit elevated from one lifetime to the next in order to eventually reach a state of spiritual ‘enlightenment’.

I believe even rational and logical thinking persons can choose to believe in ‘reincarnation’. This is because they have been deceived by demonic spirits. They are rendered blind to reason and logic regarding spiritual matters.

Through Hinduism and Buddhism, Satan and his fellow demonic spirits have deceived many generations of people in large parts of the world into unwittingly allowing their bodies and souls to be possessed. This permits the demonic spirits to 'reincarnate' in them serially.

Satan inspired Hinduism and Buddhism with the core beliefs of Karma and reincarnation.
The concept of reincarnation has been debunked by the concept of demonic spirit possession explaining all the ‘evidence’ proffered for reincarnation.
Hence reincarnation is a lie and Hinduism, Buddhism, and New Age beliefs are deceptions. They bear the signature of Satan. Source

The only way we can correctly learn about the afterlife, including the subject of reincarnation is to consult the Bible. It alone is the only source inspired by Almighty God. No other book is the proven word of God, though such claims have been made about the following: Book of Mormon, Quran (Koran), Bhagavad-Gita, Avesta, Angas, etc. When the evidence is examined, the findings show reincarnation is a lie.

The Bible is proven as the word of God by the fulfillment of Bible prophesies. It is mathametically impossible for all of these prophesies to have just happened by chance. This proves that the people that wrote the Bible were inspired by God, for only God could accurately foretell the future, in detail 100% of the time, and at the same time encourage mankind to obey Him.

Reincarnation Is A Lie

HATE ALL YOU WANT
It isn't going to change the truth...I find it interesting you take the words of others so readily over the words of Jesus...

Why did I even waste my time...did you read the sources of your "source"...LMFAO...stop taking the words of others so easily...did you do a quick google and run with it??

The Christ will be Kalki...your Messiah will be readily accepted by the majority of religions...here to teach and confirm...
edit on 9/29/2012 by Drala because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I find Betty Eadie's story interesting. She claims to have died, gone to heaven, spoke with God and then returned to tell about it. In case you have'nt heard of her, here is her website address. www.embracedbythelight.com

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
God is administering a test...and I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but you are failing...those that take the words of non-apostles an false apostles are to have an eternity of torment "after death"...those that follow their heart will join the chosen few...

I am sorry for you, maybe you will get it next time around...for the time is near and the Lord is here...

I am truly sorry for you all...

Thank you OP...I will leave this thread now. See you soon
Edit...i had to post a few more times...I am really outta here now
Thank you again OP.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I think I believe in reincarnation but I'm not positive....I "feel" like I"ve lived a previous life. One person mentioned believing that maybe we carry over some phobias in our next life....that seems to ring true to me. I've wondered if maybe birth marks were scars from what killed us in our previous lives. What do think about that idea?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hope4peace

I think I believe in reincarnation but I'm not positive....I "feel" like I"ve lived a previous life. One person mentioned believing that maybe we carry over some phobias in our next life....that seems to ring true to me. I've wondered if maybe birth marks were scars from what killed us in our previous lives. What do think about that idea?

This is truth also...I can confirm that first hand...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drala
HATE ALL YOU WANT
It isn't going to change the truth...I find it interesting you take the words of others so readily over the words of Jesus...

I find it interesting that you hear the truth and call it HATE...

BTW have you looked in a mirror lately?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

HATE ALL YOU WANT

I find it interesting that you hear the truth and call it HATE...

BTW have you looked in a mirror lately?

Your post began with HATE...not mine...I did not say that at all...I was pointing out that about the previous post...look closer. You began with I AGREE...to the other person that stated they hated it...

And you ask if I looked in the mirror, yes each day...

I can see where this is going...g'luck. Here's an idea...don't get so personal. Get a read letter bible if you do not have one, if you do have one...use it.
edit on 9/29/2012 by Drala because: Changed my mind...I can do that..I think...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I believe in re-incarnation because it seems everything in the world is cyclical. The seasons, days to nights, menstrual cycles, moon cycles, the planets cycle around the sun, the sun around the center of the milky way, leaves grow in the spring and fall in autumn only to regrow the following year.

Considering the scientific evidence that energy can not be created or destroyed I would assume that the energy inhabiting conscious life must be recycled in some way that is cyclical as well.

I would also suggest reading the Tibetan book of the dead as much of the early descriptions of dying in the book are closely corroborated by individuals who have `died`` by a medical definition (no pulse or brain activity) and then been revived to recount their experience. The last stage of dying, according to the book, is the process of the soul being re born into new human form.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by redindigo
I believe in re-incarnation because it seems everything in the world is cyclical. The seasons, days to nights, menstrual cycles, moon cycles, the planets cycle around the sun, the sun around the center of the milky way, leaves grow in the spring and fall in autumn only to regrow the following year.

Considering the scientific evidence that energy can not be created or destroyed I would assume that the energy inhabiting conscious life must be recycled in some way that is cyclical as well.

I would also suggest reading the Tibetan book of the dead as much of the early descriptions of dying in the book are closely corroborated by individuals who have `died`` by a medical definition (no pulse or brain activity) and then been revived to recount their experience. The last stage of dying, according to the book, is the process of the soul being re born into new human form.

Beautiful...this is whats needed...look around you, the cycles are obvious...so many people are awake now.

So many people argue out of ignorance of the world around them...its like a child being born in summer and if the parent told them winter was coming they would try to tell the parent it is not so, because they have not seen it LOL...

That is the sad part of it all...the ones that do not get it, die with a heavy heart and are taken down to be "recycled" its the fools that feed the system...that's why those that get it and feel it are so special and rise up...a heart is lighter than a feather when filled with love...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hope4peace

This is truth also...I can confirm that first hand...

I would be interested in hearing more about this from you

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I believe reincarnation takes place. Surly we cant experience the grandness of the universe with only one life. Even mario had many lives..and thats just a game

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I believe in reincarnation. I think it works like this, when you arrive on planet earth your memory has been erased, a slate wiped clean for you to experience the good and bad that is this life, to make mistakes and to learn and grow from them. Once you die, you head back to that realm of spirituality all you memories of whatever it is you are come back including your newest life memories from planet earth. Its only when you are on earth you start with a blank disc but no worries because the recovery disk is in Heaven.

I also don't believe in Hell.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join