It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So who fell for it? (James Holmes)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Who has completely forgotten about what happened in Colorado? With all of the TRITE bs flooding through mainstream media, how many of you actually forgot about it?

Let me be clear when I say forgot, I don't mean in the complete sense but it's in the far reaches of your mind. I have been looking for new information on this case on a near day by day basis and the odd thing about it is (albeit I don't watch the news), it seems to have fallen completely off of the radar...

Pretty befuddling for one of the largest mass shootings/murders to happen in this country...

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Still Naive?

Do you have a link to refresh my memory on the story?

This was the one in the Hinder Church heh?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Wait... There was a shooting in Colorado? Somebody oughta tell us about these things!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

You know, I have been wondering the EXACT same thing. Nothing on the news, nothing on the net. What? Everyone seems to act like it never happened. I am completely puzzled by it all.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This is from today -

After weeks of secrecy surrounding the Colorado theater shooting case, most of the documents filed in court were released to the public on Friday.

The quiet until now has supposedly been because the investigation was ongoing and they wanted to make sure Holmes got a fair trial...yadda, yadda. Link to all the documents in the article.

www.wxyz.com...
edit on 28-9-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

link   
These guys ARE joking, right?? Cuz if not I'm really getting scared!!
And yeah...the whole incident has gone bye-bye apparently...or obscured by the ridiculous
election bs...

link   

There is a reason that these stories need to die quickly - and I would offer that it's entirely possible that some government entity quietly suggests that networks avoid carrying on with the story after awhile.

Many of these idiots do the things they do TO BECOME famous. They want the attention. Richard Ramirez comes to mind. Giving them years of attention is actually rewarding them and reinforcing the notion that mass murder is an instant ticket to fame.

Personally I wish that these maniacs would get NOTHING positive out of their acts. No press, no notoriety, and no fame. It's scary to face - but there are actually women around who are groupies for mass murderers and serial killers.

It's a fine line. I am a firm believer in freedom of the press. But I really wish there was a way to cover these stories that did not serve the motives of such twisted, selfish and sick people.

Let them rot in jail, unsung, unheralded, and alone.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
if it ain't bleeding.
it's not leading.

i have all ways thought don henley got it right.

edit on 28-9-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I was pretty baffled when no reference was made to the shooting in Obama's speech at the DNC, or Romney's at the RNC.

At next week's debate, which I believe is about domestic issues, if it doesn't come up I will be pretty annoyed.

I'm betting it does.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Well my inquiry about this event falling to the wayside was due to the sketchy circumstances that surround it, namely the FBI agent who smirks when the police chief says they cannot discuss how he got inside the theater. That right there did not sit well with me whatsoever. I call it how I see it and when I see an FBI agent smirk when the question is "appropriately" dodged, I call bull#.

Personally despite the court documentation being released (thank you for the link) I still think there is something very shady going on with this. They planned it (they being TPTB) and a lot of stuff could potentially fall through the cracks if it received enough attention...which explains why it's so hush hush now. I think conspiracy theorists might've nailed it on the head in reference for a framing of James Holmes (I am in no means declaring his innocence...merely a possibility).

Judging by his appearance in court, his general demeanor, his history as a student, his "rigged" apartment of which he told police about prior to them searching it, the weaponry expenses as a full time student, ... the list goes on and on...

Right now I think the public needs answers on this. I cannot stand it that things can go by that are such big impacts on our society without complete disclosure to the American people (9/11....??). I am tired of accepting what I'm told because as we all know on ATS, that is, as John Stewart eloquently put it, turds (lies) adding to the bull# mountain.

I started this thread to bring back awareness on the case, if anything, to remember the families and the fact that our government might have pulled a fast one, once again.
edit on 29-9-2012 by Still Naive? because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

You know, I have been wondering the EXACT same thing. Nothing on the news, nothing on the net. What? Everyone seems to act like it never happened. I am completely puzzled by it all.

You are puzzled by it? Or the fact that no new legislation has been written, no laws passed to take away your rights, no extra police or TSA agents in your movie theatres..

Irony..

"This is a false flag, you wait and see!!!"

months later

"I'm so puzzled that no one is talking about it any more..."

Next shooting it will start all over again. Next bridge that falls, plane that crashes, tank looking vehicles on a train track, next hurricae, torando, flood, drought, bombin in another country.

Ahh Forgedaboudit...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
is there anything in the unsealed documents that answers some of the unanswered questions? I read they were looking into palm prints to compare to a print on the exit door at the theater.

I understand not wanting to give him a celebrity status like other killers. although comparing a serial killer to a mass killer, I think they have different mind sets and mass killers usually want to kill themselves or get killed by the cops- so not likely after the fame. I still think people need to know what is being used as evidence besides what we were told. With all the witnesses saying there looked to be more than once shooter, no witnesses were able to ID the shooter or Holmes in the theater, all the gear and gas masks thrown around the parking lot, no surveillance footage (even the Sikh temple shooter had footage caught from a camera on a police car)...and all the other things people were asking that were in the old threads.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Small Possible Tip:

Blizzard Entertainment was the last drug he took on the way to crazy.

2 + 2 = corporation covering its ass, paying media to hush

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It might have been mind control. Holmes in orange may symbolize A Clockwork Orange, a Kubrick film no less, in which the guy is mind controlled. Obviously Joker has green hair, but yes he did wear a red wig in the 2nd movie, which is the only thing keeping me from totally believing it was mind control. Odd that this and Columbine both happened in Colorado, weird stuff going on out there, like the Denver airport murals, and Cheyene Mountain.
edit on 29-9-2012 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
It might have been mind control. Holmes in orange may symbolize A Clockwork Orange, a Kubrick film no less, in which the guy is mind controlled. Obviously Joker has green hair, but yes he did wear a red wig in the 2nd movie, which is the only thing keeping me from totally believing it was mind control. Odd that this and Columbine both happened in Colorado, weird stuff going on out there, like the Denver airport murals, and Cheyene Mountain.
edit on 29-9-2012 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)
You're right about the locality. Something feels very weird about it.

"13 Miles from Columbine" was the article I wrote about that.
creepy stuff.

Did you know Macondo well exploded on hitler's birthday, and there was a school shooting in Chardon OH the day the BP Macondo trial was to begin? That Monday morning CNN was gonna show the trial but instead we watched Chardon shooting and saw the facebook post from that kid, total Saturnalia mind control freakyyyyy stuff.

I think once the person is depersonalized it is simple to make them do almost anything.
Games and other techniques can definitely depersonalize people.

I don't like all these "zombie" and "copycat" and "SSRI" killings lately.
Not to even mention the vets and Neo Nazis killings civilians to make a DEAD POINT!!!

I hate it too bro

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I apologize. I just realized that I lashed out at media outlets covering these stories for a long time - but failed to realize that you might feel as though I was including you into that.

Please believe me when I say that talking about these things here - and sites like ATS - doesn't qualify in my outrage. You posed a perfectly valid and thoughtful OP - one I thought enough of to reply to. Now, if you happen to be Brian Williams in real life? Then I'll get snappy because that guy got paid a LOT of money to pour James Holmes into my living room for a month!

No, ATS IS the proper venue for these discussions because all points of view that don't violate T&C are part of the conversation and we tend to achieve the right results IMO.

So, please, forgive me if I came across as attacking you. I truly did not intend to do so in any way, shape, or form. My anger was directed towards high ratings mass media.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

So has anyone dug through those files and discover an answer to why the judge thought it should all be sealed up>

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I never claimed this was a false flag. I've got my focus set way outside the drawn lines here. I think there's more to this than wanting to take our guns away. I feel that there was a hidden agenda behind all of this if in fact our government was involved.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Oh I didn't take your comment personally. I understand the stance you have. In this case, like a previous poster stated, mass shootings aren't typically for fame or media. It's usually a very deranged (or drugged...) person.

I can't stand how stuff like this lately just gets swept under the rug. I'll add this catastrophe into the "will never have a real answer" bin, in my head, alongside 9/11, Princess Diana, JFK, etc... (I know these are all "explained" but I have a very hard time believing any "official" story).

Call me a conspiracy theorist. We're usually spot on!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Still Naive?

Oh I didn't take your comment personally. I understand the stance you have. In this case, like a previous poster stated, mass shootings aren't typically for fame or media. It's usually a very deranged (or drugged...) person.

I can't stand how stuff like this lately just gets swept under the rug. I'll add this catastrophe into the "will never have a real answer" bin, in my head, alongside 9/11, Princess Diana, JFK, etc... (I know these are all "explained" but I have a very hard time believing any "official" story).

Call me a conspiracy theorist. We're usually spot on!
Lots of us are very dissatisfied with the story about Diana... I was in Mongolia when that happened and we had only just gotten our radio to work.
Then the news that she died was on the first English broadcast we got to... @.@ JHC!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join