It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked (Full Length Movie)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Yes I agree the Nasca section was pathetic. I mentioned that a couple of pages back in this thread, but no one cared to discuss.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ceetee

There is nothing more dangerous than a closed mind. A closed mind is not ready to receive to new ideas, someone that does not try to view in opposite way or positive way. When you believe in something or in someone and your mind will stay closed to that believe and will not even try to acknowledge it. so, by trying to be clever and sensible in your response, you are telling us you only believe what you are told. Given that most people on ATS (with justification) don't believe a word that TPTB tell us, you are essentially alienating yourself. Good move.

You're the one with the closed mind, not me. You just wanted an opportunity to bash someone so you can be holier than thou.

Die hard believers are just as closed minded as the skeptics.

Because they can't see any other possibilities that they could be wrong and there could be another explanation other than it can only be an alien space craft.

You're just a disinfo agent.

Open minded people base their conclusions on what the evidence tells them, and do not fit the evidence to what they want to or don't want to believe.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
People who debunk the Ancient Astronaut theory also think hogwash on all local people believing in their mythology. They think it's stupid. I've heard it right from their mouths. Believing in the Bible, is one thing, but what the people on Easter Island believe, oh how much fun it would be to tell them they are wrong so we can boost our ego.

It's really predictable how Ancient Alien debunkers operate. Ancient mythology is what it is, mythology. The Ancient Astronaut Theory suggests, maybe these ancient myths, really were visitations from beings from other worlds. The evidence being the advanced structures, and the myths themselves.

But it is too outlandish to believe such a thing, because well you might as well read comic books. Because even as we humans are traveling through our Solar System, and with evidence the Universe has more than we can even imagine, that we haven't been visited? I mean you really have to be quite insane to think we haven't been visited.

Oh cut human ingenuity some credit, they could build these structures themselves! Oh there would be no honor with the assistance of other beings working together with humans, that is nothing to be proud of. That wouldn't make the ancients more advanced.

Would a civilization of ancient people be more welcoming to visiting aliens then our present civilizations? Ask yourself that question. Please use the knowledge of being somewhat more advanced than our shuttle, satellite, and rover missions with these visiting beings.

Yeah, now you should see how it is a clear a reasonable possibility.

You don't think similar earth-like creatures would want to touchdown on ancient planet earth?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
People who debunk the Ancient Astronaut theory also think hogwash on all local people believing in their mythology. They think it's stupid. I've heard it right from their mouths. Believing in the Bible, is one thing, but what the people on Easter Island believe, oh how much fun it would be to tell them they are wrong so we can boost our ego.

this is not true. I personally believe that religious beliefs are very valuable to cultures. Trying to force aliens into religions is what the problem is. So I think AA is stupid not the religious beliefs of people.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
And in fact the videos describe how the local beliefs and legends do not fit in with the claims of the Ancient Astronaut believers. For example, they claim that the Incan legends states their gods came from the sky and so therefore must be aliens.

And that is just not true. Their god came from the sea.

The vids do a good job at exposing how the AA believers twist legend and myth to fit their religion.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
And in fact the videos describe how the local beliefs and legends do not fit in with the claims of the Ancient Astronaut believers. For example, they claim that the Incan legends states their gods came from the sky and so therefore must be aliens.

The vids do a good job at exposing how the AA believers twist legend and myth to fit their religion.

Now here is my issue with the Debunking....while he makes some good points about how AA twists and misinforms, he does not address (unless I missed it) the literal interpritations that AA makes. So now we have "gods from the sea" and not "skoy people from the skoy".

He also does this with the part about Ezekiel. Where he does a good job about how the interpritation was wrong but goes on to say how detailed Ezekiel was in his descriptions with what he saw...and what he saw was bizarre if we take it literally.

Now don't get me wrong. This is a fantastic piece of work that does a great job of dismantling AA. ...just a couple more nails in the coffin...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

.while he makes some good points about how AA twists and misinforms, he does not address (unless I missed it) the literal interpritations that AA makes.

You did miss it. Because he shows what was actually written as opposed to what the AAers say it says.

What the AAers say it says is the the lie, and that lie itself is not even an actual interpretation of what the scriptures actually say. It's just a complete out and out lie. They're just making stuff up on what the scriptures actually say, and that is very different than actual interpretation.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

They had quite a few Gods.... Not just one from the sea, they had alot from the sky...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

No argument there but not my point.

If we take the Ezekiel part, he points out the misinterpretation or the twisting of the story to fit a modern day UFO. But he does this by stating how detailed Ezekiel was in his descriptions of what he actually saw. So we learn that what he saw was not a disk shaped wheel but 4 beings with 4 heads With wheels inside wheels and on and on. He does say these were cherubs which we can interprit symbolically but we are left with Ezekiel "witnessing" this literally because he was so detailed in his descriptions.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by Imtor

I Think the basic, as a theory still stands as credible, but I've seen it debunked numerous times.
I love the idea, and it felt like it changed my views on everything.
But alas it was too good to be true. unfortunately pretty much everything on nibiru, the annunaki, basically all the sumerian texts which make up the basic foundations for the theory are sitchens mistranslations.

The evidence people present doesn't stand, they're led to nitpicking because the actual evidence is everywhere, right in front of our eyes.
And of course that's why its considered such a far out theory, it goes against everything we've ever been taught (since the 18th century)

A while Before that it seemed common knowledge that we'd received help from people from the stars.

I know why this theory is disregarded as credible:

Actually I haven't watched Season 4 but it seems they jump to less and less true theories with every next season. Season 1 was good, part of se 2 too.

They start calling everything coming from aliens and this is where I also disagree. However, the flying things over Switzerland and before than over Nurenberg in the 1500s, as well as a lot of other things have described things that actually happened

So when Troy just a myth turned out true, when this battle with red hair things in the caves of Nevada by Indian tribes turned out true, what makes you ALL THINK others cant be true as well?

Standing against what we learned? Is really everything so unarguable by science that everything discovered by science cannot be argued?

HISTORY
Columbus may have not been the first to sail to South America. Hitler may have not died in 1945 especially when the skull was found to not be his but of Russian female. Lots of mysteries surround the building of pyramids, why cant people reach certain conclusions? Saying that they used heavy machines to move the blocks - where are they, saying they mixed and created the stones in place = where are the tools for doing that?

DINOSAURS EXTINCTION & HUMAN ORIGIN
Asteroid really? Did we see any traces of that asteroid that hit the Earth and we can say oh this asteroid killed the dinosaurs.

Carbon dating? All the 'this is X years old' is done by that. Is it so accurate way? Besides being a commonly accepted theory that turned into 'The Truth' there is nothing more to confirm it What if it was a cometh? Or simply weather conditions, or even as AAT suggests - someone to have come and wiped out and then leave?

Human Evolution - ye ye we can see our tails in the skeleton. Explain to me HOW Humans became the only race that is so developed?? Science never explains why we dont see fish that can act like human, or reptile, or an elephant? Oh it happened so full stop - 'right'

This theory can be argued as well. Yes there is an intervention theory video by Lloyd (search on youtube) - there are drastic changes in human early species and later.

We said TROY WAS NOT MYTH,. why do you think ATLANTIS is necessarily a myth? Just because we havent found yet? They thought so about Troy you know?

They say we are the 7th or 9th civilization. Ok we see pikes and tools made of stone ala THE STONE AGE times. I think human developed from there on. But before that? one day monkey the next day making tools of stone...

Sorry, there is more about these complex questions if science is not open minded and prepared to be wrong about some things including how the Universe came in a 1^-n of a second out of the nothing, then this is not real science. Science has to be open for anything and being wrong as well
edit on 1-10-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Sorry, there is more about these complex questions if science is not open minded and prepared to be wrong about some things including how the Universe came in a 1^-n of a second out of the nothing, then this is not real science. Science has to be open for anythign and being wrong as well

Science is far more open minded than one would think. The key is they want it to be something that can be verified and observed.

UFOs are often not. A lot of these claims also have other explanations to them. Such as the use of copper saws and sand to carve out huge blocks.

And quite often, the people who are far more close minded are the skeptics and the believers. They both start with only one conclusion and tailor everything to fit the conclusion. For skeptics that conclusion is it can't be an alien under any circumstances. For believers it can only be an alien no matter what. Neither side has the ability to admit that they could be wrong and there could be real down to earth explanations that have nothing to do with fantastic elements.

And often times the exploiters are able to get away with their shenanigans because most people don't check out their claims or just don't care.

That's the big problem with this whole issue. There are a lot of hoaxes and wild claims out there, and that's what the science community looks at first.

Real science bases their conclusions on what the evidence shows, not on what a person wants to or doesn't want to believe.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

this is not true. I personally believe that religious beliefs are very valuable to cultures. Trying to force aliens into religions is what the problem is. So I think AA is stupid not the religious beliefs of people.

Although the thread topic is about mythical ancient aliens, I take umbrage about your harmful comments. Nothing good has ever come out of religion. The effect of religion is the control of weak minds that have been conditioned to replace their own decision making with outside forces. There is nothing valuable about religious beliefs, they are a curse on those who accept them and then find it impossible to shake 'em.

Giving the alleged aliens credit, I am of the opinion that they may not laugh at the religious but must seem them as fools for allowing others with less than honorable agendas to control them and tell them how to behave. Phooey on religion.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I plan to watch the entire 3 hour video. I hope the Documentary spends some time on Baalbek, in particular the foundation stones for the temple of Jupiter and how they were cut ,quarried and moved into place.
Ancient Aliens? Not sure. Ancient lost technology from a high civilization? Could be.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

Although the thread topic is about mythical ancient aliens, I take umbrage about your harmful comments. Nothing good has ever come out of religion. The effect of religion is the control of weak minds that have been conditioned to replace their own decision making with outside forces. There is nothing valuable about religious beliefs, they are a curse on those who accept them and then find it impossible to shake 'em.

Giving the alleged aliens credit, I am of the opinion that they may not laugh at the religious but must seem them as fools for allowing others with less than honorable agendas to control them and tell them how to behave. Phooey on religion.
well...I disagree. Just how are my comments harmful? Nothing good has ever come out of religion? I think we are talking about different things.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I keep telling people but no one listens that the aliens may be here but they are recognizing only those they view to have powers over the planets resources aka the US gov.

They are the only people on this planet with the balls and the hardware to interface with them the way our species needs to.

They would have done well to kill me but instead they at least had the manners to tell me I was wrong in the way I percieved them technologically.

No I do not need a ride home special agents from the NM supermarket.. Although a new set of bodily organs would be great.

Will to trade pube samples and probes WITH lube for it thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914
I plan to watch the entire 3 hour video. I hope the Documentary spends some time on Baalbek, in particular the foundation stones for the temple of Jupiter and how they were cut ,quarried and moved into place.
Ancient Aliens? Not sure. Ancient lost technology from a high civilization? Could be.

Here you go. You will see in the videos below that there is no need for some high tech "ancient lost technology", alien or otherwise, just good old human ingenuity, the kind of ingenuity you would expect in those days, and the Trilithon stones which is what you are referring to were not apart of the foundation as the clowns on the Ancient Aliens show would like you to believe, they were meant to act as a retaining wall.

Baalbek Part 1 - AA Debunked:

Baalbek Part 2 - AA Debunked:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Exactly. And that's a good point.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of the film Dogma where Rufus says that "humanity took a good idea and, like always, built a belief structure on it......I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier... "

I see both sides of that coin here!

Still at least some of what is here is informed debate rather than pure speculation.

I do think, if you are alien that pops down to earth (or up as some people believe) you'd really have more advanced technology than a delta-wing plane. The ability to travel from light years away would suggest that if nothing else...... I mean, if they had the large hadron collider powering their machines.....as AA postulates!

I should probably say, I do think, there's definitely more than meets the eye with ancient cultures/civilisations, I just think it's a shame that people so badly want to believe one way or another that it leads to a shouting match (via posts)..... as funny as some of the posts are.

Do love these kind of threads though........

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Oh cut human ingenuity some credit, they could build these structures themselves! Oh there would be no honor with the assistance of other beings working together with humans, that is nothing to be proud of. That wouldn't make the ancients more advanced.

The is key to the AA debate. What can a human do?

In my mind, I look at a simple concept to see if it makes sense: Is there evidence of the idea/concept/technology progression? If yes, then Humans were most likely creating the idea/concept/technology. If on the other hand a new idea/concept/technology pops up from nowhere, and goes away without any evidence of what happened to it, then humans were more then likely not involved. Simple enough.

Lets take a simple myth, like the flood. In each story of the flood a boat is built. A descirption of how the boat is built, and what should be used to build this boat is detailed in the story. Clearly something happened that caused different people around the world to build a boat in order to survive. The construction of these boats are progressions of accepted boat building technologies of the day. This type of event was clearly an event of man.

Now lets look at a historical record; Alexander the Great witnessing the total destruction of a city in India by some type of sky ship. The ship isn't described in much detail other than stating what it looks like. Alexander took the time to make sure this event was recorded, he took the time to ensure that his men kept an eye on the sky-ship, and he slowed his progression through India because of this. Today we can go to this area and see for ourselves that the ground was hit by some sort of high thermal event. There is no progression of events, no explanation of how this happened, nor was there anyother event that took place that was even simular. This type of event clearly had non-human hand involved.

Alot of the "Ancient Aliens" episodes are fun entertainment, but they do touch on an interesting idea. You don't have to "Believe", nobody is asking people to be a Fox Mulder. I think all these AA followers are asking is that you think about what could cause something like "whatever event in the past" to happen. Could it be a human event, or is it possible that a non-human was involved?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

and you've included my post because???? ummmmmm, i was just pointing out, what is seen as pseudoscience (not necessarily in relation to ancient aliens but generally) can lead to accepted scientific theory. Galileo's theory WAS seen as pseduo-science by the establishment of the day, of that there can be no doubt, the part you underline about not established as a fact kinda makes my point as does the actual full history of the discourse between Galileo and the church which led to him eventually being put on trial..........

funny thing is, you focus on that yet fail to understand the actual context of the post which was that there are definitely some curiousities related to ancient cultures but by having a load of over-excited people championing a particular aspect, it leads to well......what you are trying to do to me in some misguilded attempt to tell me i'm wrong when i'm not trying to be right or wrong, just merely point out that theories are what change and revolutionise the "accepted" world.

oh btw, you really do not have to embolden or underline things, I can understand the context of your post perfectly well thanks.

Funnily enough though, your reponse reminds me of a quote I hold dear (I should probably say now in advance, I do not think of AA theorists when quoting this.....before you get your knickers in a twist!
):

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join