It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens Debunked (Full Length Movie)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So many seem to believe AA is a total joke... Let me ask you, do you believe in Aliens/UFO's coming to Earth either now or in our history? Also curious if these non-believers believe in God or if they're religious? I love how so many call the alien/ufo topic stupid or fake, but these are typically the same people who believe in god.....

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

The part on the Pyramids starts at 22:43.

I think your mistaken because the Mayan Artifacts the Mexican Government released earlier this year are the artifacts I was speaking of.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Look, I believe (based on the evidence that i have unearthed) that we possibly have been visited sometime in our history. But the AAH is a total mockery of not only Ufology, History but to Humanity itself by perpetrating a Theory by using circumstantial and fabricated evidence, outrageous assertions, and a whole lot of paraphrasing Ancient Texts to put a UFO spin to it. And like many others I did believe in this, but If you watch the WHOLE Documentary (even if you break it into sections) you will see the Theory collapse.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by cripmeister

www.globalwarmingawarenessin2007.com...
www.zmescience.com...
www.thetruthbehindthescenes.org...
Supposedly a Captain made these maps from other ancient maps when Antarctica was still covered in ice. It has been laid over modern maps and is extremely accurate.

Great, but after some research I found something even better. On a site called The Map Room I found this

The story of the Piri Reis map is the story of how a perfectly innocent 16th-century navigational chart can end up, through no fault of its own, at the centre of a crackpot theory about our planet’s ancient history.

More

Piri Reis’s map, fascinating on its own, now leaves the realm of 15th-century navigators and enters the lands of ancient astronauts, ice-age civilizations, and shifting poles. Enter Charles Hapgood, who uses the Piri Reis map to argue, in his 1966 book, Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings, a number of extraordinary things. Hapgood saw, at the bottom left of the map, what he believed to be an accurate representation of the ice-free coast of Antarctica. He fit that into his pre-existing theory that the Earth’s poles had shifted in the relatively recent past (or, of you like, that the Earth’s crust had shifted relative to the poles), leaving Antarctica ice-free, and that, 9,500 years ago, there was an advanced civilization that accurately mapped the Antarctic coastline. And that among Piri Reis’s ancient sources were maps from that civilization.

But as explained by Paul Lunde, it probably isn't the ice-free coast of ancient Antarctica we see in the map, it's the South American coastline.

To put it more simply, Piri Reis, or the scribe who copied his work, may have realized, as he came to the Rio de la Plata, that he was going to run off the edge of his valuable parchment if he continued south. So he did the logical thing and turned the coastline to the east, marking the turn with a semicircle of crenelations, so that he could fit the entire coastline on his page. If that was the case, then the elaborate Hapgood hypotheses — or at least those elements based entirely on the Piri Reis map — would have no foundation whatever.

Source
edit on 29/9/2012 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by jhn7537

Look, I believe (based on the evidence that i have unearthed) that we possibly have been visited sometime in our history. But the AAH is a total mockery of not only Ufology, History but to Humanity itself by perpetrating a Theory by using circumstantial and fabricated evidence, outrageous assertions, and a whole lot of paraphrasing Ancient Texts to put a UFO spin to it. And like many others I did believe in this, but If you watch the WHOLE Documentary (even if you break it into sections) you will see the Theory collapse.

What do you think of Erich Von Daniken's book Chariots of the Gods?? He never said anything as fact, he just asked questions and proposed possible theories to answer them... I actually loved that book the first time I read it...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Never read it but I heard the book was highly speculative.

Let me ask, did you watch the Documentary at all?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by jhn7537

Never read it but I heard the book was highly speculative.

Let me ask, did you watch the Documentary at all?

The one in the OP or the AA shows on the history channel?

Cause Ive seen pretty much all the AA shows, and I do agree that a lot of them make me even scratch my head. Like the Bigfoot episode??? But with the OP's documentary i have watched part of it, havent finished the whole 3 hours yet

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I was referring the the OP video. When you watch the WHOLE thing without prejudice, then we'll talk.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun

Originally posted by Xdream
reply to post by Hardstepah

I'm with you on this one! I hope to have time to view the entire 3+ hour documentary, however, there are too many places, artifacts, etc., and Indian STORIES which have been passed down for many, MANY generations that point to ancient visitation from other worlds. I just hope they return while I'm still alive to prove they really do exist! I'm hoping that's what going to happen 12-21-12!

Actually when it comes to the claims about the Vedic text etc you might disappointed to find out where the AAT in regards to the Vedic traditions actually comes from.

Secondly, there is a worldview that explains the "sky gods" but you're certainly not going to like it. It's found in Biblical Christianity. Go read Genesis 6. The point is, they're not aliens from another planet...although in truth, it's entirely possible that alien species exist. But the "evidence" used to support it for the AAT are a far stretch to reality. Nevertheless, ancient myths, stories, folklore etc come from somewhere. Again, go read Genesis 6.

Au contraire, I will suggest that the Bible is based on ET.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And its a good read. The good author, Mauro Biglino was credentialed in the thread.

Ruach, means nothing about Spirit. It is a Sumerian word. The translators are not Sitchin, but rather world wide, credentialed and accepted experts.

I especially liked this one!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But the term RUACH doesn't mean spirit, it means wind, or anything flying in the air quickly and causing wind The later theological elaboration, when God's figure was created, led to attaching to RUACH the meaning of spirit. But actually, this is not there. ...

--As we don't know what it is, we'll name it by borrowing the name directly from the Vatica, so that we won't go wrong.

If you read last editions of the “Lexicon Recentis Latinitatis”, published by the “:Liberia Editrice Vatican” where they insert the latin neologisms, you'll find that the Vatican inserted “navis sideralis”, which means “starship” They inserted “areia navis”, thus “airship”, they inserted “aireus viator”, that is “astronaut” and they inserted an acronym, “R.I.V” which means: res inexplicatae volantes”, that is UFO's.
---The ones of you that just saw that stuff now will realize that it's an unknown thing that hovers on the water.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Since no one is giving a logical argument from the video, but there is Druscilla alluding to other explanations, and the weight of rocks. I have to add something here.

When you are going down a list of possibilities, you are doing just that, a list of probabilities and possibilities. If you change the weight of rock, it changes nothing. It just adds more possibilities. It doesnt SOLVE AND ANSWER ANYTHING OR DEBUNK ANYTHING. Adding another "idea" or "theory" of how some of the heiroglyphs could by this or that, is just that, it is adding another possibility. How pyramids could be built this way or that. How different things are this and that.

Now, also, when you do gather information, and form theories, based on anomalies, you also cross reference to other material.

So nothing and its theories stand alone. Patterns emerge. So when you start to try and assess probabilities out of possibilities, ie reduce 100 theories down to the top 10 or 5, you do this in a cross discipline, cross science/history/linguistics/religious studies/archeology, etc etc.

And when you do that, you are humble enough to realize that your brain didn't necessarily list all the possibilities to begin with, and you might be missing some crucial element, ie be based on the wrong science say so your probabilities will be screwed as well.

But as an experiencer, I already know. That is just to point out, nothing has been debunked. Just some people with some opinions, trying to hammer some of the issues in a certain shaped slot, to match their beliefs.
edit on 29-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
seriously i watch the AA and this 3 hours movie and i still think it dosen't matter ! alien or god who care the world is fallen apart and we are the one who are dealing with it not this alien or god !!! we are left alone and we must handel it , so proving is true or flase it's just a waist of time !! maybe we should start to be mature and start to fixe our world.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

I agree with most of your points. But there are alot of people who do care. The question of if we are alone or not is one of life's biggest mysteries and the discovery that we aren't alone will change the course of History.

As for fixing the world, If Romney is elected than it will be very hard to fix this planet after WW3, But you have to admit, help from an Advanced Civilization would be great at this point in History.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I see no difference between this style of pseudo skeptic debunking as an example I will give.

If a person takes a picture of a "craft" high up, not perhaps knowing what it is, and the camera reveals a red orb, one can go down a list of possibilities and probabilities. Now for the sake of this example, I will exclude personal testimony, and pretend the orb is high, no interaction is occurring, so there is no way of knowing what it is, its just an anomaly. OK, people say, its a satellite, its a bird, its a........someone says, its a chinese lantern.

A typical thread will then say, we've debunked it, its a chinese lantern.

Any scientist or professional who uses these tactics should be fired immediately.

No the red orb did not get proved to be a chinese lantern. That is just a possibility, it might become a probability if in the adjacent area, a huge party was known to take place and at that time, chinese lanterns were released.

But even then, it could still be UFO, freezing time and taking all the partiers in for checkups.

All this is is possibilities and probilities, THEY'RE NOT CREDO's.

Anyone who thinks he has debunked by offering alternate theories, and then saying this is it, factoid, should be fired instantly from any critical position they may have.

All they are is priests worshipping at an altar of their credo.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

There is a big difference in speculating about what a dot way up in the sky is verses what AA tries to put forth as evidence of ancient alien contact. It appears they are leaving out the accepted answers, not even bringing up "Oh, btw there were over a hundred little animal totems in this grave site that has very stylized features much like you see on these things we call "ancient flying machines". I mean the flying machines have teeth and eyes and fins, but ohhhh no, those are flying devices and not fish!!!! It really makes the series suspect.

Just like the information about the religious beliefs about the lotus birthing the world and there was a bubble of air which the Goddess Nun holds up who is the apparent part outside of creation which is like chaos. So, that lightbulb that really has a snake inside it and it's coming out of a lotus flower with a bubble which I have seen in every ancient alien documentary and book is nothing more than a link to creation and the creator. That seems a very reasonable explanation than a giant vacuum tube that would take 4 people to hold up. Now, I would like to see some input on the recent mayan artifacts that show the sun with what appears to be a true UFO coming out of it and other odd things.

I am not a naysayer about aliens or UFO's. I am a naysayer that some people put themselves out as experts and make a mockery of the truth which ultimately hurts the truth movement in regards to things that defy explanation. I see this as nothing more than a disinformation campaign so any real evidence that is brought forward will be laughed out of existence as soon as these charlatans go talking about it.
edit on 29-9-2012 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2012 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
People who believe that there is evidence for Ancient Aliens are just ignorant. You'll hear them commonly say "the pyramids didn't have any torch marks inside".

edit on 29-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

"Oh, btw there were over a hundred little animal totems in this grave site that has very stylized features much like you see on these things we call "ancient flying machines". I mean the flying machines have teeth and eyes and fins, but ohhhh no, those are flying devices and not fish!!!! It really makes the series suspect.

You mean like the cigar shaped crafts in the bible. or the cloud ships, and red lit ships, and the base in mount sinai? Details and bible passages found in the link to the thread.

Oh and do you mean this kind of craft? From the video!

There is tons of evidence, and trying to promote a theory by ignoring those things that don't fit the theory is NOT GOOD SCIENCE.

Ancient ET actually fits all the theories, dont have to ignore any of it.

So far the only one that does that.

P.S. the stars are rather obvious, in the picture!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I suggest you read this thread Unity_99,

Debunking "UFOs" in Biblical Paintings

Cheers,

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

I don't need to, its ludicrous and I repeat read the quotes and the links.

Out of all the theories, and possibilities/probabilities, there is 'ONLY ONE that not only fits all the evidence but honor the testimony of milions some so credentialed they had their had their finger on the automic weapons system.

So, sorry, some people really like to hammer round pegs in square holes.

I find the theories people come up with tiring to wade through, I'm one of the millions who can give that testimony, and who had black choppers chasing our crafts, that my son called me out to witness. We also experienced what was in them and had greetings from them.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blindlyzack
Sum it up, I'm not watching a 3 hour movie.
absolutely! I have no attention span either. Unless there is really cool dramatic music or someting then you can just forget about it!

like this one by that estomillia guy. friggen awesome!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

It seems obvious to me and others who have watched the documentary that you really are not aware of the issue of the images in these Byzantine or medieval art paintings and those images of beings in "spaceships" actually represent the sun and the moon. Art historians all know this about those paintings. The section of the documentary that deals with this topic shows this quite clearly. Here is the transcript about that part

Most people are not aware of the symbolism rules of Byzantine or medieval art and so they are easy prey for Ancient Astronaut theories about it. This theory concerning Byzantine art could never work on someone who studies this type of art professionally. Let me show you why. First, let’s take one that Ancient Aliens showed in the background a few times in the last clip. It’s a very famous UFO-in-art painting, and it’s usually presented using a very poor quality image so you can’t see the details very well.

If you look closely you can see that these objects have distinct faces. They are actually representing the sun and the moon, and you would think that someone being honest about this would fill you in that they appear in almost every painting of a crucifixion done in the Byzantine style.[1] The sun and the moon were consistently depicted with human characteristics, sometimes they had just faces; other times they had full bodies.[2] The concept of representing the sun and the moon with human characteristics was a carry-over from the pagan artwork of Rome. The Roman Catholic Church simply continued that tradition of symbolizing the sun and the moon with human characteristics in the artwork that it had commissioned.[3]

The sun and the moon are usually facing the cross, which is supposed to represent them being witnesses to the crucifixion.[4] The sheer number of Byzantine crucifixion scenes where these objects are depicted in such a way that is obviously supposed to be the sun and the moon, should be enough to put this one to rest for good. Ancient Aliens goes on for a while about the 14th century fresco at the Viscoski Decani monastery in Kosovo.

It has been a big favorite of Ancient Astronaut theorists since it first appeared in a French magazine called Sputnik in the 1960’s[5] This crucifixion scene is just like the others we have seen except it has a more full body representation of the sun and the moon. There are just as many examples of the sun and the moon being depicted in this way – with full bodies – in other Byzantine crucifixion scenes including in other places in this same monastery.[6]

youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join