It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you doing to make extra money?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

There can't be light without the darkness..
With every sugarcookie there is a happy dentist

edit on 1-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

If you take care of your teeth you wont have to make that dentist happy

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

You bet,my children do that every night, and there tooth fairy..
doesn't wear a dress

edit on 3-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I have received zero checks from google for my youtube videos, despite the over 1million views, so what I do is sell on ebay and ebay takes somewhere around 12 to 15% of the sales, it could be as high as 25%, it feels like 50%, I sell stuff on ebay, it works if you sell a few things, but if you sell a few hundred things you find out quickly that ebay charges so much that you end up giving your stuff away for free and shipping it out for free and end up with nothing and a large negative balance on your ebay account...

I started a business with prop replicas and it's doing ok but I'm always working on a new project, I worked at an office for 2 years straight, perfect attendance and I just couldn't stand it, I'd rather do something creative even if I had to scrape by I'd rather be somewhat happy and scrape by than being in an office or structured job, or manual labor and breaking my back and not being happy at all...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

When i was working for the 'man' in a warehouse i would take cash-side jobs doing various construction projects on week-ends to pad my income,it made a lot of difference and gave me a chance to hone-in my other skills that i enjoyed doing.
I did all sorts of stuff from changing old ladies light bulbs to replacing decks.
After a while i started getting refferals and eventually built a client base,i didn't charge much,did my own paper work and always kept my expenses transparent,i was clean and friendly and courteous,soon enough i was able to leave my other job to become self-employed.
In addition to word of mouth business i started advertising,designed my own logo and came up with a business name,got insurance,started introducing myself to contractors,real-estate agents,and building managers,i had a friend help me set-up a website,and placed an add in the paper had some cards made for cheap and signs developed.
Still to this day i am self employed,feeling productive and doing something i enjoy,although i have to hustle for work all the time,and i'm not making money hand over fist but at least im not bending over for the man and if i want i can actually sleep in on Monday's,or spend quality time with the kids baking cookies

edit on 3-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just a quick update. For last week, between the Farmer's Marker, 4 hours there, and reorders. I passed the $600.00 mark for a 5 day period. That's a lot of bars of soap and bottles of lotion. This week is charging out the gate too.

Wishing everyone making things to sell, the best of luck....

Des

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Most of what I'm doing is in my thread linked at the bottom of this post. That thread is still accurate and lists something like 20 things just from me personally. A few other people posted some ideas.

My ebook sales are making me over $1,000 per month in royalties. I did everything myself. Wrote it, made a cover, formatted. No marketing at all...that's like free money. I'm free to do anything else to make money while this $1k+ is rolling in.

I started on Fiverr 60 days ago, literally 60 days today
and I've made over $500 so far. Now that's about to increase because if you have enough sales and rating at 60 days, you get promoted to a level 2 seller and can offer more services and up-sells. I got it today, and just today I've got $70 worth of orders. So if you have a skill that's needed, and you can finish up in 5-10 minutes, well, I say go for it. I'm giving Fiverr another 4 months, for a total of 6 months as a testing period. I will stick with it if I can get at least $500 per month. Anything less and I'll move on to something else.

Good luck everyone. Thanks for sharing your ideas here. And thanks to Sugar for starting this thread. I can always use new ideas and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
A friend of mine buys hauling trailers and miscellaneous items to fix up a little and resell for a small profit.

I recently went and helped him rewire, paint, and re carpet this 5th wheel car hauler. It was about three days of work that should pay 3 to 400$. He has had a few phone calls already and I hope it sells soon.

The thing is you have to have money to make money.

There is a market for used items because people are trying to save by not buying new.

I also just took a few silver dimes and a silver quarter to the coin shop. It netted me $10.50. Not bad for. 55 cents worth of change.

Lj01 is scraping by.

I have been following your thread and I enjoy the input.

Although I wish there were a few more hands on ideas because the computer thing is not for me.

Hell, I cannot even afford a bank account
!

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I don't know if this was mentioned yet, but I'm pretty sure you'll need liability insurance to have people hunt your property for money. If you allow hunting (or any recreational use) on your property for free, then you aren't liable for anything stupid they do while they are there.

There is probably licenses involved as well.

Plus people expect to bag the game if they have paid, they won't like it if they pay money and come home empty handed.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join