It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you doing to make extra money?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Man, your a genius.. I wish I can be as resourceful and creative to make some extra cheese.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I just moved back to my home state at the beginning of the year. Took me about 4 months to find work. I found it through a temp service, though I had to call them everyday for a month before they found me something. Small family owned factory. I now work for a fiber company on overnights, which isn't a bad thing because of the heat. There is usually 5 giant ovens running and the temp inside can easily be 15-30 degrees hotter inside than out, and Tx summers can be quite hot. Anyway they don't pay too well but make up for by allowing all the overtime I could want/handel. My last check pulled 56hrs, the next will pull 66.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

If you have some property, one popular thing people seem to be doing is renting out space on the property for people to store stuff like: cars, vans, trucks, RV's, 5th wheels. Especially the RV's because they're so big that you need an RV pad for them to store them.

The other thing I heard that relates to this works like this. You designate some space for the RV Park. You break it up into lots (like you measure it out in a survey). Then you put out ads saying your looking for investors who would like to lease a lot in the RV park. You make it look attractive like that the investor can then lease out there lot to RV owners at an inflated price. Earning the investor a profit each month. Some some investors will do that, others might lease a bunch of the lots hoping to try and fill them. And still others will lease it just for there own RV. Just saves you work in having to find all the RV owners and having to deal with them directly for all kinds of move in and move out choars. Which could end up being a hassel.

If you have land there's so many things I bet you could do as well. Maybe horse boarding. And especially grey hound racing.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I don't have "extra" money, I have efficient use of the dollars in ma bank.

Ride the bike to anywhere within a few miles. Drive a honda fit, brisk acceleration down grade, soft on the peddle up grade. Eat mostly what I cook. No bother with cable or house phone. Drink a couple before going out to bar.

Easy things like that add up.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
reply to post by Destinyone

Destinyone
Sounds like you have a early morning! If i lived there id be buying soap from you for sure looks like you put your heart into what you do and i like that in a person..
Good luck tomorrow Destiny hope you have a wonderful day and keep us updated on how you did at the Farmer's Market
peace,sugarcookie1

Since you asked for an update...here it is...

Our farmer's market goes from 7:00 AM until 1:00 PM afternoon. It was drizzly and raining off and on until about 10:30, so no traffic at all, except all the vendors buying and bartering between each other, which is a good thing.

Once it cleared up weather wise, business was brisk for a couple of hours. I ended up grossing $390.00 for the day, in cash. And, in bartering, came away with 2 bunches of fresh radishes, 8 bunches of fresh mustard greens, 6 large vine ripe tomatoes, a pottery cup I wanted, a small home made apple-berry pie, and a beautiful hand bag made from an old pair of jeans. To pay cash for these bartered things would have cost me around $50.00. So a good day all in all.

If I can do it...so can anyone....

Des

edit on 30-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I had to figure out how to make my own money when I dropped out of high school and refused to get a G.E.D.. i'm 24 now and it was probably the best decision i've ever made. don't need to find a job in a bad economy when you work on the internet

whatever you're doing now that's making money, keep doing it, get it as big as it can get!

here is a very small peek at the beginning of the year here
mostly leads from pay per click advertising
picture is proof anyone can do it
edit on 30-9-2012 by christoph because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

r2d246
Thank you for all the great work tips..I'm sure many will look into what you posted..I'm going to look into the Clickbank affiliate myself im on the computer allot so why not do this sounds like anyone could make a few bucks with this idea..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

carewemust
I know its rough out there right now..Allot of people are having to change jobs with the economy and learn new skills Ive seen it allot right here in my own family but they seem to be doing ok and managing to scrape by..thanks for posting..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nOraKat

nOraKat
I'm no genius by any means just a girl trying to make it like everyone else in this economy..
If you read the thread many are giving tips on how to make money if i can do it anyone can! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Forgoten_Whisper

Forgoten_Whisper
I know temp agency's were the big thing around here for awhile the all the sudden i noticed there doors are closed and they moved out of the area..

It is good that it worked out for you. At least you have a job now,thats allot more then most have..But with the job you have right now you have a chance to look around to see what else is out there and keep applying for other jobs that might pay more and its great you can get overtime
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

r2d246
Those are all good ideas..But please check with your insurance company first to see if any of there stuff is covered if anything happens to there cars,Rvs or anything else thats stored ..I think the renters could come back on you if there was a fire or mice got into there belongings and ate stuff up like seat covers..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

moniesisfun
Those are all good tips..But if you have a family might be a bit hard to do..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Destinyone
Sounds like you had a good day even if it did rain..Bartering is such a good way to do things and look how it worked out for you everyone got what they wanted and there happy..
Grossing $390.00 for the day, in cash id say is a very good day!I agree anyone can make money you just need the will and the want..Thanks for the update
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by christoph

christoph
Thanks for showing us that money can be made on the Internet..Good for you! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

GoOfYFoOt
Thanks for sharing..But I'm not sure you can advertise like that on ATS I'm thinking it might be against there rules here so if your post is removed you will know why..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

It was not my intention to break any rules. I was sincerely trying to help you.
I was unemployed for 6 months. It was driving both myself and my family crazy. (My wife said I was driving her nuts, with my worrying)
I was just trying to show you what I found through prayer and I truly believe, divine intervention.

Sorry that I offended you.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

GoOfYFoOt
You did not offend me at all..But i knew your post was going to get removed because its against ATS rules to advertise on there site..
I didn't care that you did it but i knew they would..But its good that you found something for work and sometimes prayer helps it has me at times to make through some dark times in my life..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Mending socks with the title "it's sow easy"

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

all2human
cute

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join