join

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

AthlonSavage..No i haven't i dont think id be to good at that
sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I work full time as a welder and machinist. I also raise cattle. On the side, I do repairs for some of my co-workers and some of the other local farmers around here. I charge very little, but it adds up.

I also go gold panning every now and then. Around here, it's all flour gold. But again, it all adds up.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well...my car is all packed with goods for tomorrow. I'll be up at 4:00 AM, feed goats and other pets. then off to the Farmer's Markets to offer my goods to the people who come, and barter some of them with other vendors for fruits, veggies, honey and beeswax. I'm on a quest for pickled beets tomorrow,

I wish all of you a profitable day. May you gain just what you need, and then some.

Great Thread SugarCookie....

Des

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

allenidaho
I know welders and machinist make good money..Ever thought about working on Large farm tractors go to there farms for repairs i always thought there would be good money in that kinda work..
Id love to go gold panning that would be so much fun plus a bit of a profit! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Destinyone
Sounds like you have a early morning! If i lived there id be buying soap from you for sure looks like you put your heart into what you do and i like that in a person..
Good luck tomorrow Destiny hope you have a wonderful day and keep us updated on how you did at the Farmer's Market
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This might sound funny, and it's probably not something I'd recommend.

Anyway, my older brother has made a bunch of money gambling recently. A little over a year ago, he starting reading a bunch of books about poker and studying the game. Then he found a club and starting playing a few times a week.

What you'll find, is that most poker players don't take the time to study the craft. Players who stick to a proven plan tend to make consistent profits.

Also, he bets sports. Like with poker, he takes the time to study the leagues and trends. Since football season started he has made a few thousand dollars in less than a month.

During a recession, a lot of people are willing to gamble in the hope that they'll luck into a surplus for a nice night out. The thing about it, is a lot of gambling isn't luck. Like poker, and sports betting. It has as much to do with skill and a skilled gambler can essentially exploit unskilled gamblers and make consistent money.

We were all skeptical of my brother when he started this gambling fanaticism, but he's the one laughing now with no job and a pretty impressive money flow.
edit on 9/28/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Homemade pickled beets sure are good. They have some amazing properties to them. They seem to stimulate stomach acid in a good way. We used to have a couple before eating at big dinners when I was young. I found out about the properties from researching the testing the Pharma companies were doing to make a cancer treatment. I doubt if it will treat cancer though, It may help keep the body strong to fight cancer though and possibly can kill off small cancer cells before they start growing. Betaine HCL comes in a pill also and it is easier to haul around.
Beet juice can stain things pretty good. Mixing beets chemistry with fluoride containing food and water is not good, it could result in burning of the esophogus from hydrofluoric acid. So don't eat beets and drink tea or you may get bad heartburn.
edit on 28-9-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

PatrickGarrow17
Very interesting post you made..I always thought the profit margin in poker was very small, but obviously that depends a bit on your skill and how bad the opponents is..

My guess is to be patient, and allow your opponents to make mistakes.I asked a friend about making a decent living from poker one time he said $50,000-to-$100,000 per year, after deducting poker-playing expenses like food and lodging, dealers' tips..

I'm glad to hear your brother is doing so well at this but to me it would just be to iffy even with studying the game.. not something I'd recommend either
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Yeah, it's definitely risky and I wont be sold on my brothers sustainable profits for a few more years.

I'm in the planning stages of starting a business that will generate money from a website, not going into detail. But, there is a ton of money to be made if you can start an internet based company that provides some unique service

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

PatrickGarrow17
I think your idea of starting a business that will generate money from a website is a very good idea and more stable then your brothers..

There is money to be made on the net for sure its the future..unique services is a wonderful idea even if you wont tell us what it is
Look at facebook the guy started off with a unique idea and made millions ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I work 2 jobs 10am to 10 pm once i get off of the first one i go stright to the second one.
i make spare cash tuning cars and building engines and selling the parts. lifes great.....not

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I work and ebay!
edit on 29-9-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
One of my old part time gigs was being an extra/background in the movies and TV.

If you live in a state that has a vibrant entertainment industry ex. Films/TV productions; contact your state film office and sign up. Or find the extras casting agent in your area. In my case it lead to being Taft-Hartleyed into the Screen Actors Guild and now I have a shot at auditions and making some serious money with bit parts and small roles.

Be forwarned...being an extra doesn't pay very well, is extremely boring, but for a single guy, it's heaven.
And if you have a nice car that isn't red, white or black; you can drive and make an extra car bump.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I work the corner. It can be tough sometimes but you gotta put food on the table!

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tornet

tornet

Your a busy man..Working 2 jobs and doing stuff on the side..But i guess we do what we have to do to make it in this world and ya its not fun..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Donkey_Dean
Good for you i know allot of people do ebay i haven't tried that yet its not free so i haven't bothered..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

olaru12

What a neat thing to do being a extra/background in the movies and TV and i think it would be fun..making some serious money is what its all about..So good luck to you! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ArnoldNonymous

ArnoldNonymous

You work the corner?? I don't know what to say about that..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I have some experience in this department so I'll give you all my ideas......

1) Clickbank affiliate: You go to clickbank.com and join as an affiliate. You start to promote the various products that merchants have created. You promote them online by creating things like posts in forums, youtube vides, tweets, facebook posts, and other links. If someone see your ad, they'll click on your link. That link takes them to the product your promoting. (example might be a weight loss instructional course) If they buy you get like 75% of the money. Funds are sent to you by check every 2 weeks.

2) Start Your Own Website: This is the best way to go. Everyone has at least 1 ebook in them. You know how to do something that many others would like to learn. So you build a site, build the ebook. And you sell the ebook via the website. If you don't know web design you can either try doing it yourself using: Wordpress, or Tumblr. Or you can hire a freelancer off Freelancer.com. Find a site that you want your site to look "similiar to" then just tell the freelancer to build you a site that looks like "X site". You can get a site built for cheap. Or go to Fiverr.com and you can find someone to build you a simple site for 5 bucks. It might take 6-12 months to get it going but within a year you should be able to be making a few thousands per month this way. Use the websites on clickbank to give you examples of how to set up powerful sales letters. The modern sales letters is done in a video presentation.

3) Offline Businesses:

A) Window Coverings: Skills to do this is next to nothing. Income per install is in the thousands. Amount of work to install is about 1 day to do a full house. Equipment needed is next to nothing. Blinds can be built for you to fit the customers home by way of a blinds wholesaler.

B) Invest in a Pickup Truck: This might sound crazy but you can do a gazillion small businesses with a pick up truck. most of which require zero skills or experience to do.

Examples:

Junk removal
Delivery service
Moving services
House Cleaning
Yard or Landscaping service
Get a trailer for your pickup for extra large deliveries, moving, and junk removal
Possible rental of the truck itself
Possibly use it to do short distance towing
Buying and selling items from auctions such as the TV show Storage Wars (you need a pick up)
Subcontract as a Farm Helper (you need a pick up)
(or a combination of some or all of these)

C) House Flipping: Can be a highly profitable venture. You buy foreclosures or preforeclosures. Then here's what you do. (forget those stupid flipping shows!) You mow the lawn, plant a few small shurbs or trees that you uprooted from the local forest. You get it carpet cleaned, painted (if needed). Maybe cabnet refacing (if needed), Maybe change out all the light fixtures, all the plug ins, all the heating ducts and cold air returns to a modern "white" look. change out ceiling light covers with new cheap dome covers. all these materials you need go to places like: Walmart, dollar store, maybe places that recycle building materials. Avoid: Home Depo, Lowes, Rona etc etc. (too expensive). Do as much of it as possible yourself. This is DIY job. Hire some student to do the painting, and lawn mowing for like "dirt cheap". Thats' too big of a job for you. Everything else is DIY. Watch youtube videos on how to do any changes if you need to. So in total you spend maybe under 5k to do the full renovation. (not the 100k you see on stupid house flipping shows). You relist the day you buy it. And chances are you make between 50k to 200k depending on the deal. YOu make your money when you buy, not when you sell. You can only sell at market value so don't think you can "inflate the value by doing renos". It really doesn't work that way. YOu make your money cuz the seller gives you "a deal". (a discounted price). Then you resell at market value.

D) Buying and Selling: Auctions, such as storage, and car auctions are great. You can always find deals there. Or Estate Sales, police auctions and others types of Auctions. Even online Auctions such as Quibids and stuff like that. You buy something for "dirt cheap" and then you resell at market value. So you pocket the spread. YOu just keep doing that over and over and over.

Now the other way to make money....

That is to "Save Money". The fastest way to make money right now without starting a business or doing anything is simply to save money. so make a list of all the things you currently spend money on. Make a list detailing everything. Anything like: Insurance, cell phone, internet, home phone, TV, etc etc if you shop around you're bound to find about the same service for cheaper by some other provider, or even via your own provider. Next stop paying retail! Shop on Ebay, Amazon, Dhgate.com and you'll save a ton of money. Shop at Goodwill and thrift stores. Cut back your monthly budget and you'll "make money" that way. wow I feel like a cheapo! Good luck.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I started making extra money by selling health and life insurance as an independent broker here in Illinois. Even though my Bachelor of Science is in Computer Programming, income from that line of work started decreasing. Eventually the Insurance Sales income surpassed my "frozen" pay at United Airlines. Now, with ObamaCare being phased in, Health Insurance Companies are cutting our pay (commissions) by 30% to 50%. Here we go again! But, at least in America, we are FREE to change course and to adapt as needed. If you visit other countries, you understand why even to this day, people are LITERALLY dying to get here.
-cwm
edit on 29-9-2012 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join