It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Had A Change Of Heart On The Boy Scouts.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by Annee

hmmmm OK

I have a grandson who may want to join boy scouts.

I have reason to be concerned.

Wouldn't that really be the business of his mom and dad?

You don't know the situation do you.

His dad died of Cancer - - his mom works long hours.

I am his primary caretaker - - by necessity. Besides that my daughter and I agree on most things.

So wouldn't it be the business of his mom? Do you tell your daughter what to do concerning her son?

Forget it.

You know nothing of the circumstances.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys

hmmmm OK

Annee:

I'm LDS, an assistant scoutmaster and my 14yo son is in scouts with me. I cannot express to you how many times I have been overwhelmed with pride because my son has made good choices based on the principles he learned in scouting.

I was LDS for 5 years. My husband was born and raised LDS. We both officially resigned because of the church's involvement in Prop8.

"Boy Scouts of America" - - AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should be available to every boy and father - regardless.

BTW - - - Civil Air Patrol is completely non-discriminative.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

So, truth can only come from reason and logic?

What if you use reason and logic and you come to the exact same conclusion? What would make those conclusion any different and more valid than theirs since they didn't know logic?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

hmmmm OK

I am his primary caretaker - - by necessity. Besides that my daughter and I agree on most things.

So wouldn't it be the business of his mom? Do you tell your daughter what to do concerning her son?

Forget it.

Ah, you are one of those situational morality people. A bit domineering when it comes to your daughter as well it seems.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

hmmmm OK

Forget it.

Ah, you are one of those situational morality people. A bit domineering when it comes to your daughter as well it seems.

You don't have a clue.

Done.

edit on 28-9-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Originally posted by seabag
I understand that a little gay scout isn’t going to be forcing himself on other boys (at least I hope not) but it’s the fact that you’re basically leaving your children to sleep unsupervised with what amounts to ‘the opposite sex’ and that, as a parent, is unacceptable at that age.

So, just because a straight boy CAN have sex with a gay boy, he's going to do it?

You people must have sex, sex, sex on the mind at all times.

Or think that ALL men are sex crazed [SNIP]?
edit on 27-9-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2012 by burdman30ott6 because: Mod Note: Please keep it classy. Posts should always be within the grounds of decorum.

Well, first the gay youth must seduce the object of his desire, using various memes learned in school. It's natural. You might be gay....let's find out. Does this feel good? See?

As to sex sex sex on the mind...Yeah, pretty much. Nature creates by abundance. The trick is to channel the drive into something useful in everyday life, such as how to put a roof over your head so you can have more sex sex sex. Thanks for your concern.

I must say that it would be pretty cool to shower with a group of women. More choices. It works that way with gays, believe it or not. Or, perhaps I missed something... are they not attracted to the same sex???
edit on 25-10-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I no longer take my son to cub scouts.

While they do teach good things about the natural world, they also push the God thing too much.

I for one thought it was creepy when you are ordered to obide by the (whatever the hell her name was).

This promoted idolatry and proved to me that the scouts are all about brainwashing "followers". One does not need to worship any entity to do good things for themselves or others.

Boyscouts=control.
edit on 25-10-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

This is hogwash!
I assume you mean Akela when you say "worship what ever her name is"
Akela is YOU!
Akela is your spouse
Akela is the scout leaders.
Its not about worship its about respecting leadership.
its a metaphore.

Yes some scout packs and troops have a prayer but its not a Christian organization inspite of every anti religious nut posting on the plethora of anti scout threads that have been poping up lately. We have had Jewish and Buhdist scouts. Most scouts i dont know if they are religious or not because we dont ask.
Scouts is what you make it. Our Pack and Troop do not have any religious aspects. If your pack was overly religious find one or start one that is not. There are packs and troops that embrace the religious paths in Scouting but its not a stedfast requirement.
At each rank there are requirements that deal with the Scouts religion. As a leader I never taught those requirements I worked on the assumption that the Scout and his parent would have that discussion.
I personally am and Agnostic and I have never been scolded by upper leadership for not attending religious services.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join