It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Hypocrisy.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by votan

I agree, another interesting point would be something an ex-KGB officer (Yuri Bezmenov) defected to the US, and expert in "Subversion" said, the best part about the western world is the fact that the *most powerful* people in the nation, were NEVER elected in the first place.

Like the corporation owners, and that of the beloved *think tanks*.

After all, was Henry Kissinger ever elected by the people for anything.. ?

edit on 28-9-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by Sinny

You are assuming the american people have a say in our government

what planet do you live on??

i do not know how things are done in the UK but around here we just do as we are told by our "elected" "officials" and the rich who buy them. The people have no say I have no say i just live here
edit on 28-9-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

That is how alot of us feel. We have no say in the matters of state. Then these outsiders come in and want to complain about america this america that. America said i coudn't take over kuwait..america wont let us play with nuclear tech....waaah waaah waaah. there is no point arguing this though because everyone here is not open to new ideas already and close minded. So why post when its going to be the same old crap just in a different thread?
edit on 28-9-2012 by yuppa because: OOpsie

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by votan

Votan - maybe you don't realize but you are supposed to get involved - become active in the messy game of politics... fight the 2 party system and then you will contribute to our great country. if you don't exercise your rights they will atrophy and die. then you will not be able to change anything

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by brettrix
reply to post by votan

Votan - maybe you don't realize but you are supposed to get involved - become active in the messy game of politics... fight the 2 party system and then you will contribute to our great country. if you don't exercise your rights they will atrophy and die. then you will not be able to change anything

BRAVO!!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by brettrix

People exercise their right every time there is election and guess what?? nothing changes?? the candidates for our presidential office who do not tout the same foreign, domestic policy and who are not chums with big business do not make it. If they by chance get enough funding to be on the radar they are shunned by the media and pretty much treated like garbage. They are said to be a wasted vote and say they are unelectable. they are even said to be used to take votes from certain candidates and that they are just a plant.

The 2 party system is the same exact thing with each having their own little twist. I watched my grandfather and father vote and try to get involved. I have been actively involved in past presidential campaigns and local elections only to see the truth about our electoral process in both the national and local level. It is garbage it is not about the issues it is about lieing to get elected only to do what the highest bidder payed you to do.

I do not feel they way I do just because, I have good reason to feel the way I do. Our votes are toilet paper.The true votes are by those who vote with money. If elections actually did work I think we would have already improved our situation a long time ago here in our country

unless people in the past were less diligent which i doubt. One day people will realize how the rich rule till the common man is throttled to the point till there is no choice but to bring about change.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

You guys are kidding yourselves right? You think that without the USA's involvement the world will grind to a halt.
Your delusional. The world would be a better place without gun toting, cigar smoking loud mouth Americans.
All this, dont take away my right to bear guns b*lls*t. Without guns we wouldn't be killing each other, or not as easily anyway.
Assange has done Australia proud, he has stood up to the PTB by exposing information that IMHO should be available to the general public.
I am not having a crack at the average American, I believe they are in many ways as much a victim as an
Iraqi or an Afghani.
Average Americans have been lied and deceived by their own Government who are Lapdogs to the bankers and the PTB, They blindly send their children to foreign lands to fight wars over Oil in the belief they are fighting for a just cause and when they come home their life is ruined, ostracised by their peers and often damaged by the horrible things they have witnessed on the killing fields.
I agree with Sinny, 100% could well be my Irish blood even though I am third generation Australian but the USA
should stop trying to Police the world and get their own house in order, they should leave Assange alone, If the
corruption wasn't there he couldn't expose it could he.
So whats he done wrong after than exposing the truth.
I agree USA government are hipocrites.
And finally get your soldiers off our land we dont need you here and we dont want you here.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
While there are many who would say Assange is a booggy man or bad guy, those same people know of and actively participate in the evils and corruption that goes on every day here in the US. They don't want change, nor do they want to be exposed for their illegal and unconscionable actions. They actively try to push an attack towards Assange, lest they be found out. I'd guess a percentage of Americans are rooting for Assange to pull it off and go Scot Free. He has exposed the "Hypocricy" the OP speaks of. The American public ultimately has little power to fight the rampant corruption going on in every segment of government. But if they were able they would become active and combat the evils, they just lack a Leader. And anyone who would lead is made out to be a 'fringe, wacko, un-American traitor or teabagger or clansman or (insert title) ********* and the game is actively silenced.

It's obvious, blaringly obvious that Assange is being hunted by the US for 'persecution' ............ The US (bad government corrupt) want him portrayed as a traitorous, lying, self promoting, greedy individual, when that is hardly the case. ....
The exposure you wanted has been exposed, the ability to fight the corruption and place names has been established. It's up to the American citizen to demand justice and bring down the evil within government.
Poo Poo it all away and just portray him a villain, but the truth will trump all that. Truth is, America has fallen into an entitlement slavery, nobody wants to fight the fight. You deserve better, if you will only fight the Evil. AND Assange is Not it.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Didn't say that at all. WHat we did say was that many people dislike the US because they dislike the US, no particular cohesive reason. If we intervene they dislike us, if we don't intervene, they dislike us. I'd much rather become more of an isolationist nation and let the rest of the world sort out their own problems. One would be naive to think that, if we did this, people would not be complaining because we were not giving aid or helping out or policing.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Your Government does stick its nose into every other country, albeit on a directive from TPTB who many of are American citizens for the most part.
They have brainwashed you in to believing this Patriotic B.S which causes many young Americans to become Gungho and cant wait to enlist and fight in the latest battle on a foreign land.
Do you need me to make a list of all the countries your troops have fought in in the past 60 years, not to mention all the innocent lives that have been lost in the middle east in the 10 or so years.
Admit you have been deceived and that your leaders are lapdogs to an evil empire, and you may go some way in the right direction to unite your people and overthrow the tyrannical banksters once and for all.
Its the American people who need to unite in this, as they say a fish rots from the head down and there are no more rotten a fish than the American government.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by NavyDoc

Your Government does stick its nose into every other country, albeit on a directive from TPTB who many of are American citizens for the most part.
They have brainwashed you in to believing this Patriotic B.S which causes many young Americans to become Gungho and cant wait to enlist and fight in the latest battle on a foreign land.
Do you need me to make a list of all the countries your troops have fought in in the past 60 years, not to mention all the innocent lives that have been lost in the middle east in the 10 or so years.
Admit you have been deceived and that your leaders are lapdogs to an evil empire, and you may go some way in the right direction to unite your people and overthrow the tyrannical banksters once and for all.
Its the American people who need to unite in this, as they say a fish rots from the head down and there are no more rotten a fish than the American government.

If we have a few troops in Darwin, they wouldn't be there without your government's permission, so methinks you need to toss some of that ire their way. Also consider this, there have been Australian troops in Iraq, Vietnam, Korea, etc. Pretty much every engagement the US has been in, has included Australian troops as well, They are fine people, I've had the honor of working with them extensively.

"Brainwashed?"
"Banksters?"

C'mon, that is a bit over overblown hyperbole.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by NavyDoc

Oh look...another money is evil post. The US doesnt stick its nose in every situation. What about in darfur? Its obvious that you are not american(your bias is showing) And No we do not need a list of countries we have been in as most of us already know. Some of those were joint ventures mind you such as WW2. Innocent lives are taken all over the world by all countries and peoples its not like the US has the market cornered on that is it?

People who usually call for the US to overthrow itself usually have secondary agendas in mind. What better time to try a invasion when the country is in disarray. The system is not perfect,but its better than most at least even with its flaws. You need to get Europe to overthrow their banks too. If yall do that the US will follow suit.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by eriktheawful

I think the most interesting thing to happen in the last 20 years is the fact, our governments keep claiming WE ARE AT WAR...

Yet, have any of us seen a foreign troop on our home soil? o_O

True. Absolutely true.

Of course it was absolutely true that not one Nazi solder stepped foot on US soil either. It's also true that not one Nazi bomb was dropped on US cities either.

Japan however did attack US territories.

So I guess by that reasoning, what the US should have done during WW2 was go to war with Japan, but ignored Nazi Germany (the problem being of course that Japan, Germany and Italy were in a alliance, etc, etc).

Then again, maybe we should have gone back more and just not done the Lend-Lease Program ? Correct? I mean, it wasn't our problem. Germany wasn't invading or bombing us.

And maybe we should have just ignored Japan too. No Oil Embargo at all. Just kept selling them oil and let them do what they wanted to do (bomb and take over areas of Asia), so long as they just left us alone. I mean they were not invading and taking over our places before that, right?

I mean, seriously, think of just how happier the world would have been. It's quite possible that Germany at that time would have finished bombing the UK into submission, and without all that equipment and support from the lend-lease, and of course the US entering the war, Germany would have been able to more fully support their eastern front against the Soviet Union.
Who knows? They may have captured enough of the USSR that there would have been no more Stalin.

Just one big Japanese Empire in Asia (Australia too), and a huge Nazi Europe. They would have possibly had more time to work on their Heavy Water program and had the "Bomb" instead of the US and other countries......

I'm sure the world would be a happier place now.......I mean, Israel would never have come to be. And the middle east? I highly doubt a powerful Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan would have left that place alone. All that oil you know.......and I'm sure that either empire would have been very tolerant of Islam.........or not and just wiped it from the face of the Earth.

But I guess we'll never know. Because we did get involved, and things did happen to where the world is what it is today. A place where America is viewed as a big bully, or a New Nazi Germany by others. Again, it's just like that statement says:

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.

But seriously. I get tired of all the hate, so IMHO I really believe that my country should just pull up stakes everywhere. Refuse to aid anyone for anything. And just basically give the rest of the world the middle finger and turn our back on it. Keep our own people safe here, and let the rest of the world deal with itself.

Another country becomes powerful, stars invading, or even starts using nuclear weapons? Did they attack us? No? Well sorry, good luck with that.
Another huge disaster with tens of thousands of people killed from a earthquake / volcano / tsunami, etc, etc?
Sorry to hear about it. What? Aid? Not only no, but hell no. Deal with it. Go pester some other country for aid. It didn't happen to us. Not our problem.
A plague of some sort broke out in some country? Oh, yah, our CDC found a cure for that one. But we keep to ourselves here. What? Help you cure it? Sorry. Find a cure yourself. We don't want to get involved. Matter of fact, our borders are now closed to you, we don't want it to get here.

I really don't think the US is all that. I mean it's quite obvious we're not wanted in many places. Hate for our country has been growing even before 9/11, and so many of these other countries have been around a lot longer than the US (as they like to point out again and again).

So again, I think we should just tell the rest of the world to "Zark Off." and when bad things happen, just look at them and say: 'Wow. Too bad. Sucks to be you." and go about our own business.
edit on 28-9-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Indeed, but two points to remember about the US and Nazi Germany is the fact the Higher ups in the US were funding them, and their expansion got to the point, where the US needed to get involved before they swallowed the entire globe.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Indeed, but two points to remember about the US and Nazi Germany is the fact the Higher ups in the US were funding them, and their expansion got to the point, where the US needed to get involved before they swallowed the entire globe.

Bwahahahahaha!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Links and source please. You know how that works. Especially since you said in your post "is the fact", so no conspiracy theory links, actual proof instead.

It's no secret that there were groups in the US that supported Nazi Germany, but I've not seen anything showing that the US government officially supported them at all.

I could easily claim that Ireland was supporting Germany at the time.......and considering how vast the internet is, I bet if I dig hard enough I could find a link somewhere stating that.

Doesn't make it true however (being of Irish / Scottish decent myself, I'd be disappoint to learn that).

Still doesn't change my opinion of what the US should do right now.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
screw it. i had links but they can easily be discredited and then it just boils down to what is believed as credible

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

An Irish Loyalist that uses Scottish phrases....bizarre.I'm confused as the Loyalists are more British than The British.

You are spot on about the hypocrisy though and Britain is just as bad.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Links and source please. You know how that works. Especially since you said in your post "is the fact", so no conspiracy theory links, actual proof instead.

It's no secret that there were groups in the US that supported Nazi Germany, but I've not seen anything showing that the US government officially supported them at all.

I could easily claim that Ireland was supporting Germany at the time.......and considering how vast the internet is, I bet if I dig hard enough I could find a link somewhere stating that.

Doesn't make it true however (being of Irish / Scottish decent myself, I'd be disappoint to learn that).

Still doesn't change my opinion of what the US should do right now.

Well, to quote my self, I said "US Higher ups".. and you just openly admitted that your self, whats the use in links?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by southbeach
reply to post by Sinny

An Irish Loyalist that uses Scottish phrases....bizarre.I'm confused as the Loyalists are more British than The British.

You are spot on about the hypocrisy though and Britain is just as bad.

My moms long term partner since I were child is Scottish, I grew up around his family, so not quite Bizarre... Expand on your Loyalist comment..
edit on 28-9-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Assange represents and attempt to "silence the messanger", that is all...

The true problem lies with Political Power and Scarcity of Resources...
These are the catalysts for the forming of the mind of "elitists"

Two intertwined factors used through the ages to control the societies of Mankind on Earth, and give unjust potential to the elite animal...
(and I say "animal' with emphasis, for it is the nature of the beast to be self centered in importance.)

The reason these forces work so well to devolve the Human psych, lies within the very separateness/freedom/individuality" we so enjoy..;
Our opinions and views begin to surmount the natural moral consensus of Humanities evolving higher spiritual growth, and we find ourselves held back and even injured by individuals and the groups supporting them, who blind themselves to higher Human Principles of Compassion and Truth, while assuming they have got it all figured out, and thus attempt to justify using immoral force to install their authority in the matter...

Control of Political Power and/or Scarce Resources only serves to accentuate, accelerate and cement this perversion of the spiritual evolution of our society as a whole...

It's sort of like using a text book from a second grade classroom to complete your college thesis;
The information you have may be correct, but there are many missing facts and factors...

An example: While the torture of a prisoner may yield you information about the enemies plans, the distortion/corruption done to the victims spirit via this torture will likely bring about greater unseen pain and suffering to the victim and his relations/victims, down through the remaining years of his life/(after life haunting?).
And like ripples in a pond, these distortions will continue in unseen ways to devolve the society as a whole...

Unfortunately, breaking free of this dilemma will only occur when our resource needs are fully met, and weapons are no longer a threat to our continued existence...

In the end, Love is the final truth and ultimate goal, for there is no greater unifying force in the cosom...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join