It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Hypocrisy.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

Have you done any research about any of this? Or just turn on the TV and let them tell you what to think?
Attacking my intelligence on the matter won't make you any better. Yes, I am currently in college.. believe it or not, Americans can learn. I don't use MSM I use a wide variety of alternative media since I don't trust the MSM.

I just have experience with the middle east.. they don't care about you, the fact you have kids, a bad back, or a puppy named Spot. They want to bring Islam to the world even if it means killing off infadel (Yes, this means you)

Sorry I meant it as a real question, no sarcasm involved. About the research question anyways.
I know people in the US can learn, but, some don't learn. Not that they aren't capable, just they don't want to. Claiming that all people of the Islam faith want to kill everyone else just shows the ignorance on here.

ETA: Sorry. I keep posting off topic. If you want to debate this, just make a thread entitled "Iran" and I will be happy to debate/discuss/argue with you there. Sorry if you took everything I said as a personal attack, only a small portion of it was supposed to be.

edit on 27-9-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Save? How? Our generation is the generation that seems to be the majority of people supporting Ron Paul, the only candidate that seems to know where his head is from his ass.

On the 60 million number. I thought you meant if we invaded Japan instead of dropping the nuke, we would have lost that many. Yes, the nuke was a small fraction of the 60 million total dead in the war.

But now I'm intrigued on your how generation will save us? I'm guessing you're not a baby boomer, that generation completely screwed up everything. Went from Sex, Drugs, rock and roll to buying stair masters.

I don't think one generation will do all the saving, this whole movement of Ron Paul supporters is mostly young people, but it's also acquired the attention of older people as well. It's pretty awesome too, it's a revolution of ideas and people are finally opening their minds for once. You wouldn't believe it though, I used to live in a small rural town in Texas, only about 15,000 people or so, and I saw Ron Paul stickers frequently. Same thing with the new town I'm living in with about 100,000.

On that note, I can't wait to see what happens in the coming year. We've already had NDAA, NDRP, Obama Admin. killing an American citizen in Yemen, and 30,000 drones in the sky passed by congress by the year 2020. 2013 also marks the 100th Anniversary for the Federal Reserve, something is bound to happen.

I mean, how could something not happen? These guys have been doing an awful lot of planning with the Patriot Act, NDAA NDRP, 30,000 drones. They're getting ready for something. I've always had this theory of TPTB want the hostile revolution, so they have the justifications to impose Martial Law and take this Consumer Plantation to the next level.

Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

The Constitution. Franklin and Jefferson had some pretty neat ideas.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. – Benjamin Franklin

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them (around the banks), will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.-Thomas Jefferson

This is why you hear the saying "the founders are rolling in their graves." We have a Central Bank today, and with the Patriot Act, NDAA, and NDRP people are wondering what's happening to this country.

I just had to throw this in here:

Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws. Mater Amschel Rothschild, founder of the Rothschild banking dynasty.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by Sinny

Well, after reading this OP, I sure as heck am happy to be Canadian...

Not saying your facts aren't straight Sinny but there are always two sides to a coin. Two to tango...

Oh...and please do put some armored suit or sumtin'...I feel you're gonna need it...

Indeed, isn't the path this thread is taking most intriguing?

I'm currently searching for my suit of armour, whilst I reply to the 3 PM's I just received from American support, whilst they shudder from this public thread.. It's quite a reflection on the confidence Americans have to come out and say their piece, aye?

LOL.You start yet another America bashing thread and are now going to criticize Americans for defending their country? I don't even know why I bother opening your threads because really they ALL say the samething. America is badddddddddddddd mmkay. Seriously,get over yourself.Don't be mad at us Americans because YOUR country sucks.As someone else pointed out our government isn't the only one that's pulled this BS. Perhaps you NON Americans need to go revist the history you are all so quick to claim WE don't know.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Originally posted by Kang69
But now I'm intrigued on your how generation will save us? I'm guessing you're not a baby boomer, that generation completely screwed up everything. Went from Sex, Drugs, rock and roll to buying stair masters.

I'm 46 but always was a step ahead of the curve, so I think of myself an a founding member, so to speak, of Gen-X. And as for how we're going to save things? We aren't. My generation will be unbelievably lucky if we can get a bit older and die before all of our fall back programs are axed.

But we were the first generation to really start to understand the power of media. When I was a kid print media was king. TV was a money making distraction that most media outlets purchased to support their print and radio divisions. But the 'Net changed everything. We educated ourselves and realized the insidious nature of the two party system - the illusion of choice.

Earlier today I posted ( summarizing as best I can ) that soon a POTUS will be elected on the promise of killing off social programs. He will be elected, in a landslide based upon that one issue. An administration or two later, another POTUS will win a landslide promising to restore all of the vacated social programs. In the interim a lot of people will suffer and die - and even staunch conservatives will bend and say "Well, we can't have this kind of poverty... maybe some social programs are OK. Then, a few administrations later? Rinse and repeat. Endlessly.

As for the rest of your post? Ron Paul, IMO, was a red herring. He was your generations Ross Perot. The end all be all guy who'd never get close to winning. A way to distract the fringe voters until late in the process.

I do agree that something is coming soon and can only speculate what. I think a major world paradigm shift is coming... one like when the Cold war began - or when the cold war ended. An instant shift in policy that makes the whole world freak out for a few decades. Frightened citizens, worrying about nuclear apocalypse, don't gripe as much as those who live without the concept of instant and immediate death hanging over them every second of every day. I believe China and/or India-Pakistan will be key players.

But change? It's an illusion right now. Corporation are in control. You want to go march against them? Then you head to Wal Mart and buy a hoody, a stick, some poster board, a fawkes mask, and a Sharpie - so you can protest right... Thus you end up supporting the very evil you're picketing. Until WE change, THEY won't.

Pretty tricky stuff, huh?

~Heff

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Julian Assange has been careful with the information he has leaked. Do you really believe they release everything they have? What has he leaked so far that would endanger the life of your soldiers? The soldiers who, by the way, are by majority, cold blooded killers.

Majority are "cold blooded killers"? Hmmm....interesting...

Julian Assange has saved many lives, no doubt, by making the US and allied forces think twice before breaking international law and killing innocent civilians.

Sorry, slick. Commanders aren't making plans, worried about what Ass-bags thinks of them. They are planned to keep civilian casualties to a minimum or none at all.

Now, the Taliban, on the other hand, don't seem to be too worried about killing civilians, especially kids"

us.skateistan.org...

There's your "cold blooded killers" for you.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Well done Sinny you've said what everybody is thinking. And said it superbly.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs

Julian Assange has been careful with the information he has leaked. Do you really believe they release everything they have? What has he leaked so far that would endanger the life of your soldiers? The soldiers who, by the way, are by majority, cold blooded killers.

Wow - I didn't know that. I'll be the first to admit that there have been and are some sick twisted folks in the military. The photo's you linked attest that at least a few are - no doubt about that.

But the current US military size is about1.4million active and another roughly 860k reserves (as of 2010) source

So that's over 2 million people and most of them are cold blooded killers? Any stats that indicate what % of that 2million are actually cold blooded killers? You wouldn't want to accuse most from the actions of a few would you?

It just goes to show her ignorance. I speak from experience, I was in the US Army for 12 years. Not once did I ever meet a fellow soldier or veteran that is a cold blooded killer or endorses killing. Real life soldiers, not the imaginary killing machines in her imagination, want nothing more than peace so they don't have to kill. They fantasize about being at home with their wives, GFs, children and families......not murder. That's stupid.

edit on 28-9-2012 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Sinny

No blind patriotism here Sinny. My posting history proves it. Neither am I naive however nor selective about who I blame for the worlds woes. Greed and corporate avarice is to blame - not a single nation.

Now, go author a thread about the horrendous injustices done by the Chinese towards the Tibetans and I'll happily talk about it. Or start a thread about how the US Government is mistreating people and overrunning its own authority and I'll also happily agree.

But to lay all the blame on one target? To make America the sole source of the worlds woes? C'mon now, we're all better than that. America has done good things and bad things, as has every nation. Currently we're just the target of opportunity. But we are certainly not the only candidate for the role of villain.

I don't see the OP blaming all the world's woes on the US. Her point is the hypocrisy of the US, which claims to stand for freedom, free speech and peace-loving intentions, and knocks other countries that don't hold to this line, but the US itself is one of the biggest offenders. Hence the post's title: US Hypocrisy.

As for who or what is responsible, sure it's greed and avarice by corporations and individuals, but these entities have control of the US government and are having it do unethical things on their account. But, again, the OP's point is: the US says one thing, yet does another. This is hypocrisy. Why tell her to go write a thread on something else? She is spot-on with her criticism. You're the person who wants to derail this thread, which is particularly unfortunate, coming from a forum moderator. Some might call that irony or even the h-word.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Actually this whole OP is true...For you to say otherwise falls under the category of a hypocrite....You must realize what is going on around you before you can comment...Know the truth though...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The US has not declared war against a country since WWII. Hence all its military actions since -- most of them not sanctioned by the UN -- have been police actions; this includes the Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan wars . These police actions have occurred all over the world, so it would seem the US does feel it is the world's police. The fact that the US is threatening, with possible use of force, Iran regarding Iran's nuclear program, even though Iran is entitled by the NPT, which it signed, to do what it is currently is doing, seems to make the US appear to be the world's police, jury and judge. Perhaps the U.S. doesn't come out and say this, but in effect that is what the US is.

A country going around calling other countries bad guys and attacking these countries is acting like it is the police, albeit a very bullying/thuggish police force.

To require someone to provide some spokesperson of the US saying that the US acts as the world's police force, seems nonsensical. No one would want to say or admit this; doesn't mean that it isn't the case. Would you ask someone to provide a quote from a high Nazi official saying that Nazi Germany was an aggressive, war-waging nation, if someone were to make this claim about Nazi Germany?

edit on 28-9-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

"I don't see the OP blaming all the world's woes on the US. Her point is the hypocrisy of the US, which claims to stand for freedom, free speech and peace-loving intentions, and knocks other countries that don't hold to this line, but the US itself is one of the biggest offenders. Hence the post's title: US Hypocrisy"

Yeah,she does.She's calling the US hypocrites while letting the rest of the world off for doing the samething.It's typical of her.She constantly bashes the US,but fails to mention what other countries do. It's her style.It's rather comical actualy.Im sure she'll be along shortly to bash me too,because I don't agree with her.

ANYONE here who thinks the US is the only hypocritical nation seriously needs a break from ATS.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

"I don't see the OP blaming all the world's woes on the US. Her point is the hypocrisy of the US, which claims to stand for freedom, free speech and peace-loving intentions, and knocks other countries that don't hold to this line, but the US itself is one of the biggest offenders. Hence the post's title: US Hypocrisy"

Yeah,she does.She's calling the US hypocrites while letting the rest of the world off for doing the samething.It's typical of her.She constantly bashes the US,but fails to mention what other countries do. It's her style.It's rather comical actualy.Im sure she'll be along shortly to bash me too,because I don't agree with her.

ANYONE here who thinks the US is the only hypocritical nation seriously needs a break from ATS.

I agree. The term "the yeller is the smeller" comes to mind.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Actually anyone who thinks that the U.S. isn't hypocritical needs a break....Period

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Pfft. Everyone's a hypocrite. I'm a hypocrite. You're a hypocrite. It is almost inherent in being human, and grows in proportion to how self rightious and virtuous you believe you are.

I could be a poster girl for the X- Generation. I think you can't trust anyone, everyone is unreliable and selfish, and can't even do otherwise. The generations before us got themselves high and drunk on their self rightious indignation and belief in their right to have fun, no matter what the cost to anyone else- so now we're gonna pay for 'em... as usual. What else is new?

Complaining about it is just a waste of energy when you should be making yourself a fort in the mountains with weapons, food and medical supplies, like me.

I'm making fun of myself here, but it is only half joking. I am capable of being balanced and wise and recognizing that we need people willing to get involved and fight, to play the opposition to the powers, to point out their hypocrisy. But another part just feels it is a waste of time, because EVEN if you were to win, and knock the current powers out and take their place, then it would be YOU having your hypocrisy pointed out, and you'll have just as much trouble acknowledging it at first as anyone else does. And the circle continues, round and round...

And I'm back to my faithless survivalist eye rolling.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

Wow - I didn't know that. I'll be the first to admit that there have been and are some sick twisted folks in the military. The photo's you linked attest that at least a few are - no doubt about that.

But the current US military size is about1.4million active and another roughly 860k reserves (as of 2010) source

So that's over 2 million people and most of them are cold blooded killers? Any stats that indicate what % of that 2million are actually cold blooded killers? You wouldn't want to accuse most from the actions of a few would you?

It just goes to show her ignorance. I speak from experience, I was in the US Army for 12 years. Not once did I ever meet a fellow soldier or veteran that is a cold blooded killer or endorses killing. Real life soldiers, not the imaginary killing machines in her imagination, want nothing more than peace so they don't have to kill. They fantasize about being at home with their wives, GFs, children and families......not murder. That's stupid.

Uh... these real-life soldiers are trained to be cold-blooded killers. That is what is done in military training. You are broken and brainwashed to follow orders, whatever they may be. And by the way, a person guiding an armed drone which kills dozens of people, including many innocents, thousands of miles away is the very definition of a cold-blooded killer. So is dropping bombs from a manned aircraft 30,000 or 50,000 feet up.

She may have been using hyperbole about each and every US soldier being one, but there seem to be plenty, to wit: this soldier (marine?) who went on a killing spree in the middle of the night, killing 14 villagers. Then there have been all the killings of civilians at check points -- car loads of families shot to kingdom-come by a bunch of trigger-happy GI's. There's also plenty of video footage of soldiers talking as they are coolly gunning down, from a helicopter, civilians trying help other civilians, including journalists, shot by the same soldiers. I've also seen/heard footage of the soldiers as they drive through an Iraq town, shooting at anything they please and running over whoever gets in their way -- and laughing about it during and afterwards. I've also seen video of GI's gunning down a dog. All very cold-blooded killing. YES, the US military is full of cold-blooded killers, and NO, I am not going to listen to former soldiers claim otherwise. Just like I wouldn't believe a gang banger claiming that he and his crew never did anything bad. I'm just not that gullible.

The entire Fallujah operation, compliments of the USMC, was a cold-blooded retaliation attack in response to the killing of three US mercenaries killed there. The town was surrounded, men of military age were not allowed to leave, and the town was destroyed. Illegal use of white phosphorous was acknowledged by the US as well. Never mind that just about every action involves the use of depleted uranium munitions, which leave a long-term toxic legacy to the inhabitants of a US war zone.

That the US is now threatening to attack Iran, although Iran has committed no aggressive action, shows that the highest levels of the US government and military are cold-blooded killers. They will start a war over just about any excuse and wage it to maximum industrial strength.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

So what other countries besides the US are waging multiples wars around the world, killing thousands or even hundreds of thousands. And what country, besides the US, gets on its moral high horse to complain about the actions of other countries, but then does the same thing or worse? There's a reason the OP is calling out the US on its hypocritical shenanigans. You US apologists just don't want to look at the facts, and your only argument -- and it is a pathetic one -- is to say: but what about other countries? Even if other countries were doing as much bad and acting as hypocritically as the US, would that excuse the US? Give us sensible people a break for Pete's sake.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!, the OP's picking on the poor wittle US!

Well boo f'n hoo. What other country is killing people all over the place and making demands on other countries, while not abiding by the same standards itself? The US, of course. And I say this being a US citizen.

And for anyone to tell anyone to leave ATS for a while because they're harshing on the US is the hight of arrogance and bullying -- just like the US likes to do. We're not afraid of you US government/military brown-nosers. We're calling the country out and you out on your hypocrisy and bullying. GET USED TO IT!

And if you got some good counter examples of countries behaving as hypocritically as the US, then YOU provide them. It's not the OP's job to do so. She said what she wanted to say, and she happens to be quite correct. Your problem is that you can't take the truth about your precious war-loving, world-raping country.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
We may not have to worry about U.S. hypocrisy too much longer, if the future goes the way i think it might, the federal reserve might take control (if it secretly has not already).

If people start hearing about the EURO BAILOUT, then Americas hypo-critic leaders will change hands shortly after.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Originally posted by billy197300

Uh... these real-life soldiers are trained to be cold-blooded killers. That is what is done in military training. You are broken and brainwashed to follow orders, whatever they may be. And by the way, a person guiding an armed drone which kills dozens of people, including many innocents, thousands of miles away is the very definition of a cold-blooded killer. So is dropping bombs from a manned aircraft 30,000 or 50,000 feet up.

She may have been using hyperbole about each and every US soldier being one, but there seem to be plenty, to wit: this soldier (marine?) who went on a killing spree in the middle of the night, killing 14 villagers. Then there have been all the killings of civilians at check points -- car loads of families shot to kingdom-come by a bunch of trigger-happy GI's. There's also plenty of video footage of soldiers talking as they are coolly gunning down, from a helicopter, civilians trying help other civilians, including journalists, shot by the same soldiers. I've also seen/heard footage of the soldiers as they drive through an Iraq town, shooting at anything they please and running over whoever gets in their way -- and laughing about it during and afterwards. I've also seen video of GI's gunning down a dog. All very cold-blooded killing. YES, the US military is full of cold-blooded killers, and NO, I am not going to listen to former soldiers claim otherwise. Just like I wouldn't believe a gang banger claiming that he and his crew never did anything bad. I'm just not that gullible.

The entire Fallujah operation, compliments of the USMC, was a cold-blooded retaliation attack in response to the killing of three US mercenaries killed there. The town was surrounded, men of military age were not allowed to leave, and the town was destroyed. Illegal use of white phosphorous was acknowledged by the US as well. Never mind that just about every action involves the use of depleted uranium munitions, which leave a long-term toxic legacy to the inhabitants of a US war zone.

That the US is now threatening to attack Iran, although Iran has committed no aggressive action, shows that the highest levels of the US government and military are cold-blooded killers. They will start a war over just about any excuse and wage it to maximum industrial strength.

Like I said, I speak from years of experience on this one. Come on man, you saw a video once........someone said this or that.....that's just a silly excuse for you to judge people you don't know. I didn't see a video or hear people talking about it, I LIVED it for over a decade. You can sit there behind your computer screen and tell me pink is really blue and dogs are cats. It doesn't make it true, it just shows how narrow minded and ignorant comments like this are.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

You know what? And I'm sure I'm going to get # for this or banned

But what other country CAN do that? Absolutely NONE. Fact : You are all pissed because America IS the worlds super power. Hell,even some of you lame americans are bashing us too. GET THE # over it. It's all propaganda if the Us is sending it out..but if anyone else does it must be the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join