It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran issues Canada travel warning

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Maybe this has something to do with Canada telling the Iranians to get out of their country? Closing their embassies? Sounds like whining to me, because they don't like being tossed out. Personally, I think we should have done the same, and i don't think their hostage-taking leader should have been allowed IN our country, much less allowed to speak at the UN.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Funny, I don't ever remember reading about Canadians stoning someone to death for adultery or lopping off someones head because they are an infidel..

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

off topic: I love your avatar..The only problem I had with that show was the aliens riding around on horses..I mean come on, they can travel the stars, but they don't have a little personal hovercraft type vehicle they can get around in?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
reply to post by mobiusmale

Before you go attacking other people from up on your high horse you might want to correct a few things you said (in ignorance) about the Iranian President.

He never "denied the holocaust" nor did he say he wanted "Israel wiped off the map"

As the learned Xcathdra has already pointed out, with links...and dozens more could be added...the Iranian President has on many more than one occasion said that "he wanted Israel wiped off the map." Interestingly though, in my thread response to setevcolx's post...I did not say he did.

I certainly could have... As to what I did say, that the Iranian President thinks that the Holocaust is a myth, here is a quote for you.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who the opposition contends won re-election by fraud, delivered a nationally televised address, railing against Israel and the West.

Speaking before a crowd of supporters at Tehran University, he questioned whether the Holocaust was a "real event" and called it a pretext for the creation of Israel. He said the Jewish state was founded on "a lie and a mythical claim."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I know, I know...he was simply misquoted again. He may be the most misquoted person in history (if you were to believe his apologists).

Also, the fact that you actually came in here and DEFENDED Richard Warman?! He has attacked and tried to ruin the lives of countless bloggers/writers just for voicing their opinions. He baits people by using false identities online and then jumps on them when he has what he needs to "wage WAR" He is a piece of !

Look...don't know the man...don't know much about the man...don't really care very much to be honest. But Mr. Warman is a lawyer who...for profit, for fame, for noble reasons, or whatever...takes people to task for using hate speech. If you feel that makes him likened unto a unit of waste material, it is your right to think so.

You get no argument from me, on your right to disagree with the man or his tactics.

What I simply pointed out, was that (correct me if I am wrong) he is not "of the Canadian Anti-Defamation League".

As for the topic of this thread, yes I understand the political gamesmanship going on with this. It doesn't change the fact it's ridiculous. If I had the $$$$$ I'd buy a front page of a national newspaper for a day and fly my own flag on it regarding this topic. Watch Harper go red in the face.

Once again, that is certainly your right. Take up a collection, run an ad - run for Parliament ! We live in a free and open society here...and I certainly think that if you vehemently disagree with this, or anything else Mr. Harpers says, you ought to voice your opposition in every way that is within your power.

Hey...I'll even lend you my high-horse...and I think I have a soap-box laying around here somewhere if you need one.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

off topic: I love your avatar..The only problem I had with that show was the aliens riding around on horses..I mean come on, they can travel the stars, but they don't have a little personal hovercraft type vehicle they can get around in?

Well, the aliens mostly did use the shuttles, I think. Loved the show, too, and ty! Chose that one for a ton of reasons. More and more, they are fitting these days!

On topic, what do you think of a former hostage taker being the leader of a country?
edit on 28-9-2012 by LadyGreenEyes because: typo

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The Iranians may have a point here...

We are most likely going to lose our hockey season AND there is an impending global bacon shortage. Things could get ugly over here.
edit on 28/9/12 by discordantone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

They'd better be careful if they come around here, eh? We'll terrorize them with hockey and beer, and say sorry (apparently the most used word in Canada, sadly..sorry to say) even before we might have offended them. Strangely today I saw face covered women on more than one occassion.. hmph, maybe we should marry them, which really is a kind of trap or can be, eh? Sorry.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
Funny, I don't ever remember reading about Canadians stoning someone to death for adultery or lopping off someones head because they are an infidel..

Here here that calls for a beer.. later.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join