It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE POWER OF AN IMAGE...Manipulating the masses or How to sow the seeds of Revolution?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I thought everyone knew that in an attempt to salvage its plunging ratings, CNN made some significant changes recently. The network fired everyone with an IQ higher than 10 and hired a cheap PR firm to spin stories in a way that might bring in more viewers. I think Wolf Blister is the only tenured on-air personality left.
cwm

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Where's all the broken glass from the " rioters " ??!!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Here is the deal folks, from a Spanish source. We all here know the truth about this photo. The guy got his ass handed to him for protecting fellow citizens.

translation.

A reader, Veronica Lopez, sends me a picture published in the online edition of the newspaper that I reproduce. The caption states that "the restaurant owner faces people who throw objects at his establishment." Witnesses on Twitter and in the comments of one day reject that this is the true story of the episode. The bar owner confronted the police not to go into the bar to chase protesters. The photo editing committed a string of unfortunate mistakes.

First. The photo is not of Efe, it is Getty. Second, the caption and signature are published Efe, but they belong to another image of the episode. At the foot of Efe's, which was reproduced incorrectly, saying "the restaurant owner asked not to throw objects at your establishment, during the protest march the 25S and "en Pie" platform Coordinator have convened this afternoon in the capital." The caption that supplied Getty and should accompany the photo stated that "the restaurant owner yells, with customers behind him, the protesters to stop throwing stones at their restaurant." Reuters photo circulated another with similar description. However, AP photo explains that sent another moment of the scene, and in which there is no doubt about the attitude of the person concerned, stating that "the bar owner argues with a riot police officer, while Protesters seek refuge inside the bar during a demonstration against austerity measures in Parliament. "

Although the man in the image may have at some point asked the protesters not throw stones, as reflected in the descriptions of various agencies, most unique, and this is shown by some other photos, was opposed to the police entering his establishment. His conduct earned the show of solidarity from several twitterers ("Great act, sure hope no one forgets and reverts him benefits. Has won friends and customers", "battons, only with coffee ..."). Some readers, who accuse him of manipulating the newspaper in comments published by the edition itself, add that, of course, the bar owner gave free food to refugees in their establishment. Given the wealth of evidence about what happened that highlight behavior that ignored the paper, we have proceeded to change the photo by the Associated Press and whose foot says: "The restaurant owner tries to protect the demonstrators that are within its establishment. "

blogs.elpais.com...

edit on 28-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

As long as Islam doesn't take over its cool. i don't need an evil cult as a government.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
CNN changed the caption.

You are kidding show me!

Revision...HOLY CRAP THEY DID!
www.cnn.com...
edit on 28-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
Here is the deal folks, from a Spanish source. We all here know the truth about this photo. The guy got his ass handed to him for protecting fellow citizens.

translation.

A reader, Veronica Lopez, sends me a picture published in the online edition of the newspaper that I reproduce. The caption states that "the restaurant owner faces people who throw objects at his establishment." Witnesses on Twitter and in the comments of one day reject that this is the true story of the episode. The bar owner confronted the police not to go into the bar to chase protesters. The photo editing committed a string of unfortunate mistakes.

First. The photo is not of Efe, it is Getty. Second, the caption and signature are published Efe, but they belong to another image of the episode. At the foot of Efe's, which was reproduced incorrectly, saying "the restaurant owner asked not to throw objects at your establishment, during the protest march the 25S and "en Pie" platform Coordinator have convened this afternoon in the capital." The caption that supplied Getty and should accompany the photo stated that "the restaurant owner yells, with customers behind him, the protesters to stop throwing stones at their restaurant." Reuters photo circulated another with similar description. However, AP photo explains that sent another moment of the scene, and in which there is no doubt about the attitude of the person concerned, stating that "the bar owner argues with a riot police officer, while Protesters seek refuge inside the bar during a demonstration against austerity measures in Parliament. "

Although the man in the image may have at some point asked the protesters not throw stones, as reflected in the descriptions of various agencies, most unique, and this is shown by some other photos, was opposed to the police entering his establishment. His conduct earned the show of solidarity from several twitterers ("Great act, sure hope no one forgets and reverts him benefits. Has won friends and customers", "battons, only with coffee ..."). Some readers, who accuse him of manipulating the newspaper in comments published by the edition itself, add that, of course, the bar owner gave free food to refugees in their establishment. Given the wealth of evidence about what happened that highlight behavior that ignored the paper, we have proceeded to change the photo by the Associated Press and whose foot says: "The restaurant owner tries to protect the demonstrators that are within its establishment. "

blogs.elpais.com...

edit on 28-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

Thank you very much!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

CNN changed the caption.

You are kidding show me!

www.cnn.com...

Third time they have changed it.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero

CNN changed the caption.

You are kidding show me!

www.cnn.com...

Third time they have changed it.

Did anyone happen to catch the second? I seem to have caught the last revision...

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It was the 4th image the first time it was posted not the 5th. The images where not changed just moved around and none where added.

I made a comment on it on another thread. Adding a link to the CNN site and saying it was the 4th image bottem 4th page. I was comparing it to an image I had found on CNN to another one found on Reddit, be for CNN was covering the story.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept

hmmm yes there seems to be something askew... The CNN caption says he is telling protesters to stop throwing stones at his business, with "customers" behind him.

Yet this other article... says that he is protecting these people because of police brutality. He is housing them temporarily in his restaurant and giving them free food.

Curious, eh? Not so more... It is a shame that we all expect the media to lie.

Here is a video to watch, from the link I posted earlier:

4:19 has the business owner. Translation anyone? I have a chem lab in 20 minutes, I cannot do it at this time... there are Spanish captions
edit on 26-9-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

at 4:50 the man from the restaurant yells "porfavor no tiren piedras" which means "please don't throw rocks". he didn't say to stop throwing rocks. i don't think the rocks even started flying at his business in the first place.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by omegafire

As long as Islam doesn't take over its cool. i don't need an evil cult as a government.

Every religious institution is a cult.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

You're the one who's being deluded, OP. I saw the videos of that situation, and the restaurant manager was nowhere near "extremely violent". It's the cops that were!

They were chasing protesters like violent maniacs all over the place, like they were on crack coc aine, and this restaurant manager was just a good guy doing his job defending his private business and the security of his customers! Cops have NO legitimacy to intimidate and brutalize passersbies, business ownsers, clients alike. Not even non-violent protesters.

Ur sooo wrong...

???...Did you read my post?

I said an Angry resturant owner not violent...please read what I wrote I am betting you agree with me...Especially the part where I say..."he is standing his ground against a riot police enforcer in a threatening pose."

edit on 27-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

Got it, abeverage.

Sorry for that.... your thread was a bit ambiguous after a first reading, but you were actually meaning the exact opposite of what I alluded.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What really happened:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

"Another rainy night " by Queensryche contains a line that comes to mind while viewing this thread.

" Strange how laughter looks like crying with no sound "

So the reason why a picture says a thousand words may be because of the lies that can be spun around it.
edit on 29-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi911

What really happened:

personally I think the man is a hero.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

You're the one who's being deluded, OP. I saw the videos of that situation, and the restaurant manager was nowhere near "extremely violent". It's the cops that were!

They were chasing protesters like violent maniacs all over the place, like they were on crack coc aine, and this restaurant manager was just a good guy doing his job defending his private business and the security of his customers! Cops have NO legitimacy to intimidate and brutalize passersbies, business ownsers, clients alike. Not even non-violent protesters.

Ur sooo wrong...

???...Did you read my post?

I said an Angry resturant owner not violent...please read what I wrote I am betting you agree with me...Especially the part where I say..."he is standing his ground against a riot police enforcer in a threatening pose."

edit on 27-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

Got it, abeverage.

Sorry for that.... your thread was a bit ambiguous after a first reading, but you were actually meaning the exact opposite of what I alluded.

No worries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join