It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 100,000 protesting in Madrid, Spain - Surrounding/Occupy the Parliament (UPDATED)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hi everyone, first of all, this is my first post here and thought today was the day to join the community I´ve been following for months.

I´m Spanish and I live in Madrid.

For all that want to know what is happening here and who are the "riots". It´s people like you and me, tired of paying the mistakes we didn´t do.

But don´t get the false perception that this is a revolution. It´s only a start. But I´m really sure more voices will join us. It´s time to break the false perception that we are different europeans or americans or different citizens.

We are all the same and with the same problems: corruption from bankers, politicians and corporations.

Yesterday was only a first attempt to rise our voices. If you want more information just ask. I live just 1 Km from the parliament so I´m well informed about everything is happening.

J.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by coldchance

Well welcome to ATS, and please keep us up to date on how things are going over there. Since the media is not playing nice.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
the occupy link and the el pais one are using the same footage btw.

Go on Spain, show us how it's done! Fly my pretties, fly.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

Even our media is hiding the real numbers and sentiment. The real problems yesterday started with infiltrated cops provoking the battle. It was a peaceful manifestation. What you have now is what the media wants to spread: blood and fight to silence our real voice.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
LIVE NOW here www.livestream.com...

huge crowds again, I hope it stays peaceful, but tend to think the police and/or infiltrators will provoke violence to deter any more joining the voice

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by katseyes

Live Stream From Madrid
Madrid Live Stream
edit on 26-9-2012 by Neysa because: Wrong location

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is the last line of a CTV article on it. I know it says Greek, but the article was written about Spain.

Government spokesman Simos Kedikoglou said the limited violence and what he called a smaller turnout than opposition parties had hoped for showed that "Greek society understands what the government is doing is the only possible solution."

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

ty Neysa .. lots of sites are re streaming .. not seen this one .

Steaming live with nearly 3000 viewers www.livestream.com...

Huge crowd again

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Anybody who questions that the media isn't controlled by their government, should ask themselves why hasn't this been covered by the media? If this was Iran or any other country who was considered a threat to the west, it would make headline news.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

yes You do missing a lot, there was not 6000 people but most likely 100000-150000 people!
reply to post by ZakOlongapo

Making a false assumption makes an a** out of you. I was merely commenting on the fact that posters said none of the media were covering the story. I made no statement as to the veracity of their statement. I never take the word of the MSM as far as hard facts are concerned.
Next time, don't be so trigger-happy.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by coldchance

How did this begin? How did it start? I'd love to see something like this start in the United States, but I wouldn't know where to begin. I can't do it by myself....

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Actually I just saw a "news story" on my lunch break not long ago about this on CNN....I consider CNN to be MSM. So it's not being completely ignored. Although, I don't think nearly as much information has been released as it has been on the internet. That's to be expected.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It was all over the news this morning.

It’s the same old stuff, people rioting for money from the government. The government has no money to give. Cowards with their faces covered taking advantage of it and causing trouble to make it about them.

They can riot all they want, but the government can't give them something they don't have. I think most are just rioting to be rioting. Some like the attention, others want to take advantage of the situation in some way and some are just thugs being thugs under the cover of the protests.

I'd hate to think that many adults are so naive they actually don't understand that their government is broke and has nothing to give them and they have given them too much already, which is why they have no more money.

It reminds me of Cows standing around the troughs waiting for food when the Rancher is late with the hay bales. They will just stand there waiting instead of going back to feeding in the pasture.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
It’s the same old stuff, people rioting for money from the government. The government has no money to give. Cowards with their faces covered taking advantage of it and causing trouble to make it about them.

Wow, how ignorant can you get...and from a Mod?

When YOU have to work harder for less, for longer and are expected to just accept it when you struggle every day anyway, and the rules you are told to follow are made by fatcats who live an easy life because of your suffering, YOU might snap too and feel like actually doing something about it just like the Spanish are doing.

sheesh! Try reading and researching before knee-jerking responses... or are you a fatcat?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

Can you imagine if everyone in that crowd had batons like the police? There would be more of a chance for the people to get through and make it more clear to their congress that they are tired of the scheming that their representatives are doing. It might get like that in America if people would be more friendly with each other instead of always fighting each others beliefs and personal understandings of the world. No one wants to fight the government because they are fighting other insignificant issues in their lives. I make it clear to everyone I meet that I believe the two party system is corrupt and meant to set people at odds with each other. A lot of people are loosing their minds....

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

How is a government with no money to give, that is on the precipice of bankruptcy as a nation supposed to get money to give to people. How will rioting solve their problems? They have to deal with what bankrupted them in the first place, do they not?

I was not commenting on the how the government got into that state of affairs.

Rioting does not solve a single problem, it only creates more.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

reply to post by nerbot

How is a government with no money to give, that is on the precipice of bankruptcy as a nation supposed to get money to give to people. How will rioting solve their problems? They have to deal with what bankrupted them in the first place, do they not?

I was not commenting on the how the government got into that state of affairs.

Rioting does not solve a single problem, it only creates more.

They're protesting. They're annoyed, they're furious and they're poor.

The government are NOT listening to the voters, so the voters are making themselves heard.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Please reread my post. It was not anything about how this came about, nor did I attack those who are suffering financially.

I posted regarding the fruitlessness of rioting for money that simply does not exist. That and the phonies who wear masks and are there for attention and to cause trouble and who could care less about the people around them.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

reply to post by mr-lizard

Please reread my post. It was not anything about how this came about, nor did I attack those who are suffering financially.

I posted regarding the fruitlessness of rioting for money that simply does not exist. That and the phonies who wear masks and are there for attention and to cause trouble and who could care less about the people around them.

Same could be said about the police if you replaced mask with riot helmet.

Those who dress for a riot.......

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join