It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In New York,defiant Ahmadeninejad says, Israel will be eliminated

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

"
"If the Zionists embark on attacking Iran, it will provide a historical opportunity for the Islamic Revolution to wipe them off the world's geographical history,"
," Salami said on Saturday night on the state-run TV.

this cancerous tumor, Israel,

Sounds like a lot of hate to me. I would like to see the full speech too. It seems like the Iranian paper you are quoting from is just taking snippets from the speech, kind of like our media.

My question to you is, why blindly believe what a state run news agency states.

Fars News Agency (FNA) is a news agency in Iran. While it describes itself as "Iran's leading independent news agency",[1] news organizations such as CNN[2] and Reuters[3] describe it as a "semi-official" news agency with ties to the government. The Wall Street Journal has stated the agency is affiliated with the Revolutionary Guard Corps.[4]

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

You must have missed my rant I did a few weeks ago. It's called "You Don't Really Own It" in which I go on a rant about how everything can be taken away from the government.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
So whenever people target Jews in the rest of the world, it's all about punishing the Zionists huh?

I suppose that if Iran actually nukes Israel, it will be solely about the Zionists who rule Israel and not the innocent civlians.

Who cares about them right? They all serve their Zionist masters anyway.

Why would Iran nuke Israel when Israel holds some of the most hollies t of places according to Islam?

You should ask this question as to why are/were the western alliances dropping bombs on civilians in countries like Iraq and Afghanistan when their intended targets are the leadership or military.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Actually I am saying he was right. Seeing that a former higher up in Saddam's regime has claimed that for some time. Funny how the MSM here buried that story back then.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

It's hard to take your posts seriously, if you're being so immature as to put "Nutjob" instead of Ahmadinejad.

Grow up.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Maybe Israel should stop murdering Iranian scientists and provoking warfare.

Maybe Iran should stop enriching their own Uranium when their own allies have agreed to provide them the necessary fuel to operate their "peaceful" reactors, thus provoking warfare.

It goes both ways I'm afraid.. There's no necessity for Iran to have built centrifuges.. they knew what would come of this.. they chose that less peaceful path on their own..

edit on 9/25/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

Why buy something when you can produce and then sell yourself?

I would say the main purpose this whole drama is unfolding the way it is, is due the fact that Iran already have nukes supplied either before the USSR collapsed or just after through one of the break away states.(i would go even as far as to say that a number of countries not meant to have nukes do in fact have them)
Iran are enriching the Uranium to sell on the international market and this whole charade about nukes and upcoming war is to keep the populations of the world living fear of yet another war.

link   
I wonder how long it would take Israel to defeat its aggressors?

It only took 6 days last time.

/TOA

link   

Originally posted by Krono

Originally posted by texasgirl
I really wish Ahmadinejad would learn English, if only for the sake of not getting mistranslated. Then there wouldn't be so many arguments over what he said.

Agreed, for all we know he could be talking about a cooking recipe or how he loves The Simpsons in a bid for the West to buy oil again.

Mistranslations are as simple as this. When Ahmadinejad says he wants to "wipe Israel off the map", he may be saying the map should be changed and not include Israel, but call that land Iran. They are as simple as that but can be powerful in international diolouge.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by neo96

Every single one of your sources is MSM. MSM sources report what they are told to report by various officials who, in many cases, actually write the stories for them (to ensure it gets spread as far as possible, a trick is to write the story for a reporter so they can run it, get credit for it, get paid for it, but not have to invest time in it).

It is unfortunate that, unless you are MSM, you don't get audience with those officials. And, unless you are MSM, you are not listed as "credible" among the mindless masses. The ultimate irony: the stamp of legitimacy for the watchdogs is actually the seal of a club for lapdogs.

So if the article is from MSM it's automatically false? That's funny because Iran's actions sure support what the MSM are reporting.

Not false as there is always truth to a lie or you can never sell it, however as Ive stated before if a country is at war then their own media is going to be biased and will broadcast propaganda to either support the war or demonize the enemy, this is what all countries involved experienced during WW2, however it seems that people have either forgotten how the media work during wartime or simply refuse to acknowledge it due to their hatred and/or disgust of people with middle eastern cultural backgrounds.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Sounds like a lot of hate to me. I would like to see the full speech too.

It seems like the Iranian paper you are quoting from is just taking snippets from the speech, kind of like our media. My question to you is, why blindly believe what a state run news agency states.

Maybe you should go back and read the article again.

All of the "hate" quotes were spewed by Iranian officials, not Israelis.

You think Iran is going to misquote Iranians on this issue?

That doesn't make any sense at all.

Fars News Agency (FNA) is a news agency in Iran. While it describes itself as "Iran's leading independent news agency",[1] news organizations such as CNN[2] and Reuters[3] describe it as a "semi-official" news agency with ties to the government. The Wall Street Journal has stated the agency is affiliated with the Revolutionary Guard Corps.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 25-9-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ahmadeninejad is not the monster that everyone believes in. Yes, he has Hitler potential, agree. But he wants a fair trial on people who do crimes such as the 9-11 terrorist and investigation (sp?). He is a person about humanity, very conservative, Islamic conservative. There is no difference between right wing U.s conservative and Middle eastern (old school Islam) conservative. Honestly he is about the moral values of humanity and getting rid of those with a blemish may or may not be part of his agenda, who knows. But he seems very civil on some respects.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

So if it is just the MSM play on words, why did the U. N. feel the need to issue a warning

avoid incendiary rhetoric.
Now, to make my point.

incendiary: willfully stirring up strife, riot, rebellion, etc.

They issued this warning, because every time Ahmad has spoken in front of the U. N. He goes off on the most inflammatory rants. Once again he thumbed his nose at the rest of the world, and got away with it!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Ahmadeninejad is not the monster that everyone believes in. Yes, he has Hitler potential, agree. But he wants a fair trial on people who do crimes such as the 9-11 terrorist and investigation (sp?). He is a person about humanity, very conservative, Islamic conservative.

Do you always contradict yourself?

How do you claim Ahmadinejad has "Hitler potential" and "wants a fair trial" and "is a person about humanity" within a sentence of each other?

Why don't you call of those poor imprisoned people that didn't get a "fair trial" after Ahmadinejad's 2009 election, would you?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Ahmadeninejad makes one major point and that is the protection and statehood of Palestianians

How long have the Kurdish existed?

The point he makes is hollow and is only an emotionally charged argument to win people over to his side. It's a textbook dictator way of keeping the enemy of his enemies, friendly to him.

Without that major point, does he say anything else of intellectual importance? No.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It's all bluster and theatrics for the home-front. To appear "weak" in the Arab world, means the end for One's country. It's a different, ancient mind-set.

Iran keeps up it'spersona of "hero of the muslim-world, defying the Saitan America.." amibldibla and the creeps in dresses that form the réal power in Iran, know dámn well that, might war erupt between Israël and Iran, they end-up like Iraq: total chaos, power all gone. They do not want that.

Despite their chest-thumping about "martyrs" None of the power-elite in Iran is keen on being bombed into the stone-age by drones.

It all sounds mightily like the last shouts of a dying animal. The "green" movement, although squashed violently, was the moment the Power-Elite realized they were in the end-time of their comfortable, old, world. They can postpone it for a bit, but they will falter, and they knów it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

In the words of my former girlfriend from years ago, who eventually discovered she was homosexual
things have certainly changed

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

In the words of my former girlfriend from years ago, who eventually discovered she was homosexual

Yup. Think "drones" think Israeli subs in the straights of hormuz

Plús, Israel is no longer depending on refurbished Shermans, Pattons, and commandeered T64's "underestimating Israël is usually the last mistake a country makes"

Again: The last time Israël was threatened, the UN had to politely ask the Golani if they would, please, nót take Damascus, and Egypt had to rebuild it's entire airforce from scratch.
edit on 25/9/12 by dutchmilpo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dutchmilpo

It must suck to be in a sub in the straights of Hormuz. It's pretty shallow to start with.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

How's that for the ultimate insult: we hate our "enemy" because he reminds us of how great we used to be.

You are great people like any other nations.

IMO, your country ha been hi-jacked.

Your country is spending much time on war and war-plans.

Truth of the matter is, the US has to spend a lot on war to maintain global stability(sadly still). Maybe in the future, when there aren't any mongoloids like Ahmaginejad or Khamenei at the head of armies, maybe then, there won't even be a need for a big US - which diminishes the readiness and dependency on war . In fact, this has already been calculated.

The sooner dictatorships are gone, the better.
edit on 25-9-2012 by ClicheCalvicade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dutchmilpo

It must suck to be in a sub in the straights of Hormuz. It's pretty shallow to start with.

Heheh.. Made me chuckle. Dunno how deep it is. 50mtrs "average" Not a sub-guy. Háte having to fight from a closed tin-can-coffin. Dó know Israel has subs, mebbe even with nukes, (unconfirmed, but not unlikely) in the Persian Gulf.

And do not forget that almost évery Israeli under the age of 45 can be called up, as they are áll reservists. Israël has been prepared for war with the Arab world since, like, forever. Especially after they got ambushed in the Yom-Kippur.
Imagine, a whole people trained for war. Nót just some elite forces.

Nicest recent development: Orthodox people have to go too now. Nów their hawkish warmongering against the rest of the arab world, will have thèm in the line of fire too. There's poetic justice there....
edit on 25/9/12 by dutchmilpo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join