It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Republicans fight to join city committee. Is there a Ron Paul revolution afoot in Jersey City?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

It should not be the Ron Paul revolution it should be the freedom revolution. TPTB want to circle it all around a single person or group.

Ya know why? Then they can tear down the person or group and hurt the entire movement. Ron Paul is not the savior he is part of the problem, and I think he knows it.

It should be about ideas not people. Keep it simple.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have been registered Democrat, Libertarian, and Republican. For many years I could not stand Republican politics but later recognized their party had been hijacked by fringe elements and would soon need change, so registered more than a decade ago to start being part of that change from within. I am very glad to see that is starting to come about now, many thanks for taking the elephant by the tusks.

By all claims to that effect the Republican Party should be about small government - federal and local, it should be about fiscal responsibility, and most importantly should be the party for liberty and personal responsibility respectful of privacies and self-ownership, it should be the party for those who strive for excellency. Recent decades have fallen short of those noble aspirations and shamefully the moral sanctimony supplanting them, however popular, fails all of us miserably

The shift back to that straight and narrow path is taking ground at the grass roots now. I hope the coming generations recognize the importance of all of that and maintain those values as a matter of course. Self=respect and impeccable charcter are good things, worth working for.

Very well done!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I agree, this is a long time coming. it showed some sparks of brilliance back in 2008, but this year we're running with it and not looking back.

I wasn't always republican. I consider myself Libertarian more than anything else. I was a Libertarian (at 18) until a year-ish ago when I learned that RP was running again. I only switched because I thought this was the best way to get involved. the Libertarian party is very small and almost non-existent in the state of NJ. I had to make my moves to better place myself.

Thanks for the kind words

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I hope not, the last thing this country needs is more libertarians and Koch minions. They go on and on about liberty and still can't realize what they are advocating would be corporate tyranny.

edit on 23-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Have the republocrats done any better?

I think not.

Time to make a change in the line-up. Time to sit down the old players who've been making a mockery of this whole system. The same ones who have ran our economy and soon our society into the ground.
edit on 9/23/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

Have he republocrats have done any better?

I think not.

Time to make a change in the line-up. Time to sit down the old players who've been making a mockery of this whole system. The same ones who have ran our economy and soon our society into the ground.

Well said. It's fantastic some people are trying to do something about things while using someone who was the only politician out there who was wright about the economy as inspiration. Wish more people had that kind of common sense.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Are you anarchist?

Have you ever sat and speculated the serious outcome of libertarians ideals and how they would affect the USA if such policies were put into place tomorrow? Would you like to give Monsanto all the power in the world with no regulations? You'd want to live in that reality?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
:::holds up sign::
UGIE FOR PRESIDENT!!

Well done sir- well done indeed. This is action from my countrymen that I am proud of seeing.

Congradulations on the win! Real change is needed, and THIS is imo Real change.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

No I am not anarchist.

No i would not let MONSANTO near our food supply.

As I've said before earlier in this thread, my Ideology encompasses the whole political spectrum. its not one sided-nor is it one who would ignore common sense in those type of matters such as MONSANTO. (Food supply) apply common sense, not ideology or a one sided one to everything. that is being an absolutist and that's something that I am not.

answer your question?
edit on 9/23/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Then you're not libertarian.

Because you're not anarchist, and you're willing to regulate Monsanto, which means you're not even free market.

It would be like someone calling themselves Christian but not believing in Jesus.
edit on 23-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I said I share the Ideology... I more Libertarian than anything else but I also share views throughout the political spectrum

do you know how to read?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You're missing the two largest components of libertarianism, which are free markets and anarchy. You're identifying yourself with something you're not.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

so your saying that I cant share ideas from different ideologies?

thats what im getting from you. I understand 100% libertarianism and that I did not claim to be. (YOU ARE THOUGH!) I align more with the philosophy more than democrat or republican. (Doesn't make me a full blown libertarian but I sort of lean that way when it comes to personal freedoms and the Constitution.) But apparently since i am not an anarchist I don't share the Ideology hence why I said I am not an absolutist like you're trying to push.

but fine, believe what you want. I am done explaining myself. if you don't understand what im trying to say or how im trying to describe myself then your looking for something that isn't there.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I like how someone tries to be the change they want in the world,

By joining the GOP to try and effect change from the inside, it is automatically shot down here on ATS.

Im a staunch anti-two party person, and even I can see this as a good thing, good job.

A return to middle ground is whats needed in this country, not the continuing polarization of the extreme.

Polarization of extremist and the death of compromise is whats destroying this nation, this is just an attempt to take back the GOP from the Neo-cons, and it should be applauded.

Maybe if more people stood up and tried to seize the system from the hands of the far left and far right we could finally go about the business of fixing the problems in this country.

S&F
edit on 23-9-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Thank You!

I am glad some of you guys here get it. its not about the party, its about the country and its future. its not about one man, but many men/women. its not about me, its about you guys... but I saw seen by a few as a bad guy for doing this. Oh well cant make everyone happy but I'm glad some get it.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I just recently heard of the Jersey story, good luck to you guys in your re-oganization RE-meeting.

Our election meeting takes place at the end of the year. Our liberty wing has elected approx. 40% of the entire party and we will show our true strength at the first meeting. When we combine with other people who are not necessarily Ron Paul supporters but do sympathize with his cause and are also anti-establishment, we may have well over 50% of the voting power within the Los Angeles County GOP.

People are working hard across the whole country to RENEW the Republican Party.

No other political party can say the same, although OCCUPY movement would like to mimic our strategies in hopes of accomplishing what we did in the GOP, in the Democratic party.

People who want to say this strategy is a failure really don't understand the facts. The old guard are fighting back hard, they are showing their desperation but in many cases, they simply don't have the numbers. The establishment is dwindling, most of them are just too old to care and be active anymore.
edit on 23-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Wow this is great news! Good for you guys. I went to high school in Jersey City so for four years I heard about all the political nonsense that was going on there. No doubt you guys will guide the city in the right direction.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Thank You!

I am glad some of you guys here get it. its not about the party, its about the country and its future. its not about one man, but many men/women. its not about me, its about you guys... but I saw seen by a few as a bad guy for doing this. Oh well cant make everyone happy but I'm glad some get it.

We need to stop listening to all the divisive rhetoric spouted with such vitriol from each side and realize we are all Americans trapped in the same boat.

We need cooler heads working with facts, all sitting down to work together to tackle the problem, the behavior of both parties is down right shameful.

The results is we see people who buy so into the extremes of the two party system (as you can see in this thread) all the political parties have problems, same with the ideologies, the key is seeing the situation as it is and trying to work from that point to find solutions.

These people are taking a step in that direction, and should be applauded for the effort.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Don't bother with Realspoke, he doesn't have any solutions for any of the problems he so loves to complain about.

He may be angry that we're having so much success due to many people across the nation being inspired and awakened by the message that Ron Paul had been carrying for over 30 years. He wishes the same thing could happen in the Democratic party, he even says more people like Keyes and Kucinich being elected is the solution, except there is no organized effort to make this happen.

So here is your solution Realspoke, you may join Occupy and join their efforts to follow our strategies to take over your party and elect the people you want. Go ahead, if they are truly good people, we won't attack them like you do Ron Paul because I'm going to try not to stoop to your level.

Stop being a hater and practice what you preach.

edit on 23-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

reply to post by benrl

Thank You!

We need to stop listening to all the divisive rhetoric spouted with such vitriol from each side and realize we are all Americans trapped in the same boat.

We need cooler heads working with facts, all sitting down to work together to tackle the problem, the behavior of both parties is down right shameful.

The results is we see people who buy so into the extremes of the two party system (as you can see in this thread) all the political parties have problems, same with the ideologies, the key is seeing the situation as it is and trying to work from that point to find solutions.

These people are taking a step in that direction, and should be applauded for the effort.

Agreed, I can't believe there is so much hatred for people who are actually doing something, instead of whining and talking.

It really is time for the people to take matters into their own hands, we've learned plenty from ATS, we are all filled with knowledge. What we do with this knowledge in the real life is the true testament to our will to make real change.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join