It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Republicans fight to join city committee. Is there a Ron Paul revolution afoot in Jersey City?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Linkage

Is there a Ron Paul revolution afoot in Jersey City?

According to two local Republican leaders, the answer is yes.

A recent lawsuit involving the Jersey City Republican Committee is linked, at least in part, to a handful of young Ron Paul supporters who have taken his grassroots approach to political

“These young bloods, they’re all new to the city. They’re very enthusiastic. Many of them are Ron Paul people,” said Connelly. “I guess because of the [Republican] presidential primary, a lot of them were looking to run for [the] committee. They came to me. I got them the necessary paperwork and said, ‘You’re on your own. Get your petitions done. If you’re elected, you’re elected.’ And they won. I guess it was about 50 or 60 of them.”

Read more: Hudson Reporter - Young Republicans fight to join city committee Local party influenced by popular Texas congressman Ron Paul

This is great news! I've been a part of this mini Ron Paul Revolution in Jersey City since May/June. (Was elected in JUNE as a committeeman)

We had a lawsuit filed in July/August due to the local Republican parties violating their own party bylaws. They were supposed to inform all committee members 48 hours prior to the re-organization vote, but they never informed anyone and held a secret committee meeting leaving almost everyone in jersey city out. Once we found out, we brought our heads together and pushed this lawsuit through. A few days ago the judge ruled in our favor and ousted the JC chairman, treasurer, and secretary. This is the first time in JC history where a judge removed a sitting chair. (EPIC WIN!)

I am sorry I've kept this a bit of a secret until now. We had to get all our ducks in a row before we showed our hands. (I've used a lot of self control to not make a thread on this all summer!)

The revolution is alive and well. Although RP isn't at the helm, that doesn't mean anything. Our generation has to step up and take control. we couldn't of done it without the RP campaign but we can also do this on our own as we've proven.

we're up for a new vote soon (Based off the judges decision) we don't have a tentative date yet but we have majority support to take over the party in Jersey city. If we take jersey city then that means we take the county. If we take the county then... well guess what guys, we'll be able to influence the whole party in the state of NJ.

edit on 9/23/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Oh one more thing.

We're finally getting local media attention as well (not even one chirp after the June elections.) once this ruling was made, its been in the local paper for a few days straight. This may become a bigger thing than most people realize.

I'll keep this thread updated.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

That's precious. Everybody wants to be a corporate raider or hedge fund operator. People are just clamoring for the chance to get their hands on, and live off the interest of other peoples earnings. Evil is a good name indeed. Wouldn't it be easier to just go out and get a job? We have enough vampires sucking the hard earned blood of workers out of their wallets.

To be clear, I rather like Ron Paul and his positions but he is far from the typical Republican brand. In fact the party has all but disowned him as a crackpot. If he were running I might actually vote for him, which is something, because in case you haven't guessed, I am not a Republican.
edit on 23-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well done lads, hope you have every success in your revolution. Im English, so I dont really under stand how your system works. What powers have you got? Also what can you do in this position?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

What are you talking about?

Where are you getting this information from?

EDIT: Oh never-mind. You're just using the guilt by association tactic.

have a good day.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

What are you talking about?

Where are you getting this information from?

You do not recognize an opinion when you see it?
To answer your question...Republicans and Everywhere.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

we call them the old establishment. the young people are trying to replace them to make things better. coming in here and trying to belittle the cause hurts more than helps. by proxy you're supporting what you just stated in your grievances.

why dont you go out like i am doing and try to make things better for the next generation instead of being a bitter democrat?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I think this is great news and I am sure that this isn't the only place where this is happening. The younger generation, the ones that have not been corrupted or brainwashed for so many years to do the things that line their pockets with silver instead of doing what is right for the american people. They need to go. That has been going on for far too long. Obama and Romney will lead us down that same path, for 4 or 8 more years.
We need people that will work hard for their country and not for profits, and that takes the ones that believe in the constitution and understand its contents.
This type of change needs to happen all over this country I am sure.
Very well done to the OP and good restraint!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Bravo!

Can't wait for the tsunami to sweep the country...one city at a time.

Go "Generation of Paul"

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

we call them the old establishment. the young people are trying to replace them to make things better. coming in here and trying to belittle the cause hurts more than helps. by proxy you're supporting what you just stated in your grievances.

why dont you go out like i am doing and try to make things better for the next generation instead of being a bitter democrat?

It is what I am doing.Your party IS a the old establishment plutocracy. GOP (Grand Old Party) They are dangerous, many are evil, and they all need to be stopped. It is what I live for. Not really but you can maybe get the idea of how important it is. I think seriously the fate of the planet and life on earth depends on bringing humanity - not the GOP's corporate influence back to America.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

if you're going to continue to belittle the movement using guilt by association then you;re doing a horrible job. you're more angry with the party than you are with its members, which is fine, I hold my own frustrations with the party, but I am also doing this to change things from within. you voicing your discontent with the 'GOP' is valid - however, were not the GRAND OLD PARTY. we are the BNP - Brand New Party. We're taking on the old core, and if you still think that we're going to follow the same old same old then you sir are just venting your frustrations in the wrong direction.

as I said before, you should go and make changes yourself if you're unhappy as I am. complaining and belittling what I'm doing isn't going to change a thing. get up and do something instead of taking your shots at the GOP for your own reasons. I am helping take on the old machine and if you cant see the goodness in that then... I don't know what else to say to you.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Bravo!

Can't wait for the tsunami to sweep the country...one city at a time.

Go "Generation of Paul"

Seriously? This is your NEW Generation?
Gonna have to do better than a semi-lucid old man if you want to run the country.
The only people I hear mention HIS name is the small group of "cult" followers he still has on ATS. (and it looks like I wandered into the nest!) The best thing I could say about him is - He appears to still have most of his faculties, considering his advanced age that is saying a lot.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Did I ever "tell you to change your party?" I don't think so.

You have a small problem with understanding and comprehension which explains your delusional affinity for the Grand Old Party. And just because you give it another name doesn't make it better. Time for something new. Those old ideas have already failed us. You're beating a dead horse. You won't revive this nag, though you might keep trying.

im not going to change my affiliation
Nobody (not even common sense) can stop you from wasting time, effort and energy on a loser.

Have a good day yourself, evil one. You are in exactly the right party.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

NO thanks, im not going to change my affiliation because someone on the internet told me so. I am in a great position to influence the GOP with my Libertarian ideologies (which encompass democratic and republican ideologies.) but you can go ahead and leave because its making you look really silly on this thread.

have a good day.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is great news, Ugie ! Do you guys have a website you could post a link to that might have some strategy tips for others around here who might be interested in doing this where they are ?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

strategy tips online? Nope, I wish though! thing is we used common sense and remained vigilant throughout the whole process.

Keeping, calm cool and collective is better than strategy.... actually it is strategy, but that's the simplest way I can put it.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Well done- straight up and honest efforts do get success. I hope this will inspire a lot of similar efforts around the country. Thanks for this thread- it restores hope.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

First off congrats! I wish the you best , my hats off to you for actually getting the win.
Dont let nay sayers and haters get you down. What you did is comendable regardless of party affiliation. You got involved with your community and stive to bring positive change. I can say with confidence that anyone hating on you probaly have not done anything to bring positive change to thier community. Whining and gripping "republicans did this or democrats wont allow that" never brought about change.

The biggest act of civic duty most citizens accomplish are voting and jury duty, and alot wont even do that. You went above and beyond by becoming a public servent.

So kudos for being the change that you want to see, I say that as someone who doesnt agree with some of your politics.
edit on 23-9-2012 by CitizenJack because: .

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

Thank you CJ

Reading the words of people who are grateful for our work or appreciation thereof gives me more energy and motivation to keep moving forward.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Well your welcome, as a society we need to build up and and encourage those who seek to better themselves and others. We need push aside those that bring us down and those that are corrupted by self interest, such as political leaders who manipulate the rules to suit themselves.

As a whole ws are handicapped as a nation most people are sucked into xbox and jersey shore. So we tend to forget, but I see encouraging signs everyday such as your post and closet activist coming out if you will.

So if my words help you than glad to help. That was my intent to be honest as this thread started off fairly negative and it was completly unfair due to the good nature of the news you had for us on Ats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join