It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Republicans fight to join city committee. Is there a Ron Paul revolution afoot in Jersey City?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by MidnightTide

Well some people don't want personal responsibility,

No, I don't want corporate or banking tyranny to continue. It would in a right wing libertarian world.

realspoke...i agree with you... poitical movements need to be able to understand the consequences of their positions. the old axiom "for every action, there is a reaction"...if a libertarian party gains enough power to write and/or change laws, there needs to be foremost a strong restraint on "capitals" power. you need a strong government to establish rules and regulations that restrict "capital" from hurting the common man. this is why i have disagreed with ron paul. his brand of government rule, although well-intentioned, has serious problems in the DETAILS of actual governance.
edit on 24-9-2012 by jimmyx because: context

and I have to completely disagree with you, why do you feel people are unable to look after themselves?

and since when did libertarian mean a free for all.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

I'm gonna disagree with you. Back the When states had slavery there were also states opposed to slavery. You assume if states got to choose their own rights at the local level that the world would burn. Let me ask you tomorrow you could smoke weed have sex with prostitutes and have a slave would you be more prone
To take part in those acts or not? It isn't about what you're allowed or not allowed to do. It is your self moral compass that guides your life.

Did americans completely forget the failures of prohibiton? How about lets follow the constitution?
edit on 24-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Don't feed the troll!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Don't begin to let anyone make you think you compare to the evil, corrupt, money grubbing 99 percent of the people that are methodically taking all of our rights away from us. You and the younger generation are the only chance of stopping them.
Keep up the great work.
I am a Ron Paul supporter and truly think he would be president if the corrupt system
had not played by different rules. They are very scared and know people are sick of the corruption.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So all the haters/talkers/whiners backed off after being called out to actually get out there and do something.

Very curious...very curious indeed.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Too bad they are Republicans.

Fight the system. Don't become the system.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I have a bunch of solutions.

1. Get money out of politics
2. Have governments the size of counties

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by eLPresidente

I have a bunch of solutions.

1. Get money out of politics
2. Have governments the size of counties

What are you actively doing about it to make it happen? Oh, bashing the people who sympathize with you and practice what they preach, on both points, is definitely the way to go!

1) Rejecting government intervention is getting money out of politics, you cut the problem at the root.
2) Governments already exist at the county level and they're a failure, because of government intervention, but you support and even strongly advocate government intervention. Don't tell me the things you support are direct contradictions of each other.

edit on 25-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Ah yes, this must be a vintage Ron Paul "revolution" where nothing happens and is just internet hype. Guarantee nothing will be heard from this story or topic in the future. I'm sure i'll get a response saying that Ron Paul is "marching towards the white-house!" despite flopping in meaningful polls.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
Ah yes, this must be a vintage Ron Paul "revolution" where nothing happens and is just internet hype. Guarantee nothing will be heard from this story or topic in the future. I'm sure i'll get a response saying that Ron Paul is "marching towards the white-house!" despite flopping in meaningful polls.

So if nothing is happening, why are you here?

Your time would be better spent in trying to brainwash people that Obama actually knows what he is doing.
edit on 25-9-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
*update*

No news yet on the re-org meeting. we're still waiting on when the next meeting will take place. I've heard some rumors that it will be held around election time. (beginning to mid November.)

on another note. Doug Wead mentioned us on his blog last week: Here

The battle for the soul of the Republican Party is still ongoing. If you doubt that, take a look at the Romney henchman in New Jersey, who is even now, doing everything within his power to resist the involvement of grass roots Ron Paul people. What you saw in Tampa, where Ron Paul delegates, mostly young and war veterans and Hispanics were unseated, continues in other ways, unabated in state after state, county after county.

Governor Mitt Romney is conducting a war on two fronts. On the one hand he is trying to wrest control of the White House from the Democrats in a close election. But simultaneously, as distracting and draining as it may be, he continues the brutal scrub of any challenge to the American oligarchical system by destroying the last vestiges of democracy within his own Republican Party.

Here’s a typical story, this one coming from New Jersey.

In June a number of Ron Paul activists ran for the Jersey City’s Republican Committee. They won. And like innocent Ron Paul winners everywhere they thought that they would be able to assume their new positions.

But the Committee Chairman, threatened by his new members, called his meeting without telling them. It’s an old story, very familiar to Ron Paul activists. Russell Maffei, Chairman of the Committee, and a strong Mitt Romney supporter, apparently worried that he would lose his position.

Last month, according to a story in the Hudson Reporter, Maffei was asked if “the underlying dispute really has to do with insurgent Ron Paul supporters coming onto the Committee, Maffei said, ‘Yeah, maybe. Why haven’t any of these people contacted me about working for Romney?’”

(Source: Amazing, Romney still battles Ron Paul in New Jersey

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Just got word that our re-org meeting has been scheduled for tomorrow at 7PM.

7pm at the Indo Senior Center - 3059 Kennedy Blvd

Of course I did not get the letter. A fellow committeeman just informed me about it 10 minutes ago.

Wish us luck! we're going to need it.

- The revolution continues.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Best of luck to you n your buddies. The revolution rolls onwards, keep it going. Fingers crossed that tomorrow goes well for you. Dont forget to keep us updated.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
Just got word that our re-org meeting has been scheduled for tomorrow at 7PM.

7pm at the Indo Senior Center - 3059 Kennedy Blvd

Of course I did not get the letter. A fellow committeeman just informed me about it 10 minutes ago.

Wish us luck! we're going to need it.

- The revolution continues.

Cool man! Good luck! That's right near the square. Boulevard Drinks still in business? Love those chili-dogs and orange-aid!

edit on 11/19/2012 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/19/2012 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
So what happened with this?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
Linkage

Is there a Ron Paul revolution afoot in Jersey City?

According to two local Republican leaders, the answer is yes.

A recent lawsuit involving the Jersey City Republican Committee is linked, at least in part, to a handful of young Ron Paul supporters who have taken his grassroots approach to political

“These young bloods, they’re all new to the city. They’re very enthusiastic. Many of them are Ron Paul people,” said Connelly. “I guess because of the [Republican] presidential primary, a lot of them were looking to run for [the] committee. They came to me. I got them the necessary paperwork and said, ‘You’re on your own. Get your petitions done. If you’re elected, you’re elected.’ And they won. I guess it was about 50 or 60 of them.”

Read more: Hudson Reporter - Young Republicans fight to join city committee Local party influenced by popular Texas congressman Ron Paul

This is great news! I've been a part of this mini Ron Paul Revolution in Jersey City since May/June. (Was elected in JUNE as a committeeman)

We had a lawsuit filed in July/August due to the local Republican parties violating their own party bylaws. They were supposed to inform all committee members 48 hours prior to the re-organization vote, but they never informed anyone and held a secret committee meeting leaving almost everyone in jersey city out. Once we found out, we brought our heads together and pushed this lawsuit through. A few days ago the judge ruled in our favor and ousted the JC chairman, treasurer, and secretary. This is the first time in JC history where a judge removed a sitting chair. (EPIC WIN!)

I am sorry I've kept this a bit of a secret until now. We had to get all our ducks in a row before we showed our hands. (I've used a lot of self control to not make a thread on this all summer!)

The revolution is alive and well. Although RP isn't at the helm, that doesn't mean anything. Our generation has to step up and take control. we couldn't of done it without the RP campaign but we can also do this on our own as we've proven.

we're up for a new vote soon (Based off the judges decision) we don't have a tentative date yet but we have majority support to take over the party in Jersey city. If we take jersey city then that means we take the county. If we take the county then... well guess what guys, we'll be able to influence the whole party in the state of NJ.

edit on 9/23/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

You have a lot to he proud of ugie. Keep it moving!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
So what happened with this?

Good question. Not much I guess. Could find nothing on the web beyond what is here and nothing new for the last few months.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

We had the meeting about 3 weeks ago.

We didn't do as well as we wanted to. I didn't want to release any information on this or what happened at the meeting until I got word if we were going to challenge it again or not. (possible rules broken at meeting, and misleading address where the event would of been held.)

We got an address that was NOT where they had stated where the meeting would be. I had to use my smart phone to google the name of the place. it was 5-6 blocks away from the address that they gave us. (im assuming some of US couldn't find the place.) The sitting chairman had organized/brought almost everyone on his side to the meeting while our side had to deal with a phony address. that cut our number in half.

also while the voting was taking place, we were supposed to show ID and have our green committeeman card on us. one guy who was voting had an Illinois drivers license that was issued this year. From what I remember & recall from the rules is that you have to be a resident for 6 months or something like that. not entirely 100% sure on that. I was waiting for word on a challenge but doubt it would happen by now.

So basically we were out organized and we still feel cheated because of the fake address.

there were a few positive things to take from this

1.) We challenged them and won the case. We lost the re-vote but we showed them that we can shake things up, and will continue to shake things up.

2.) We're in as committeemen and the other members know were not here to play politics as usual. We're going to make noise every step of the way in hopes of changing the hearts and minds of some of these individuals.

3.) Our first taste of how an organization meeting is held, how its held, and who our fellow committee people are.

4.) we got to have our voices heard, and will continue to have them heard to improve our cities GOP.

5.) last positive point; we will be able to counter their tactics next time around. (Bad address and questionable credentials during the vote.)

We're still in this. We may have lost the battle, but the war isn't over.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Just sent you a PM Squire ! Be a good idea to read it ASAP.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Bad-to-the-bone, I'll say! Very proud of Jersey City in this moment. Nice to know there's walk behind all of Poppa Paul's talk--I should say, wisdom.

Well done.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join