It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Cleric Shows Respect for Religion by Burning Christian Bible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
What is not ok is to offer bounty's and kill people over it considering religion is suppose to be about love and tolerance,and forgiveness.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It's ok, we have a lot of bibles.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

there is a very simple equation for all these problems execute anyone from any belief that insults another then soon enough there will be only good people left

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by neo96

I dunno....

Maybe Christians globally should go Ape*Snip and start attacking and rampaging mosques and embassies or worse....

meh....

I think people of real faith understand you can't put an infinite God in a box or ummm, book rather.

My 2 pennies.
edit on 22-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Ah, well that's the thing. Christians believe that our scriptures are inspired, however, unlike the Muslims, we don't believe them to be the actual Word of God that must be in a certain language, as Christ is the Word to us. It's like the opposite of Plato's theory of the forms. The Quran just doesn't mimic the archetype- every Quran is the archetype.

And, well, their intent was to be disrespectful and show their anti-Christ attitude, but at least the Bible was burned. It's the proper way to dispose of holy things (from a Christian perspective).

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by babalon1971
there is a very simple equation for all these problems execute anyone from any belief that insults another then soon enough there will be only good people left

And who might that be?
The executioner and his family?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
A genius done it to the Koran, Now one of them has done it to the bible, big deal. They can piss on the bible all they want, I use it when I run out of toilet paper.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Isn't this just another form of free speech?
So it's ok when it's done to Muslims but not ok when done to Christians.

Go ahead and burn an entire truckload of bibles if that makes you happy, go ahead and insult Christianity, Jesus and whoever else you want. We won't go crazy and start killing and rioting over it.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by babalon1971
reply to post by neo96

there is a very simple equation for all these problems execute anyone from any belief that insults another then soon enough there will be only good people left.

If I killed everyone who insulted me I wouldn't have enough places to hide all the bodies.

It is called tolerance and self control. More people should try it.

Originally posted by DarknStormy
A genius done it to the Koran, Now one of them has done it to the bible, big deal. They can piss on the bible all they want, I use it when I run out of toilet paper.

Your plumber must love you.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sorry I'm a bit slow on the uptake tonight. Lol It sounded like a joke but without the link in the thread originally I wasn't sure.
edit on 9/22/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

link   
the ironic thing is thousands of bible and korans probably get burnt everyday they don't last forever and get tatty and pages start falling out so it is time to get a new one and throw the old one out, which probably ends up in a furnace somewhere or on a bonfire.

link   
What you expect the Muslims to do? Give there invaders a nice big hug and thank you for invading and stealing arab wealth?

If you haven't noticed Dr Op, Muslims are pissed off, and im sure Christians dont care about a bible being burned..

You should work for the media.

spoonman

stirrer

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rabzdguy

Who exactly is invading who?

www.pewforum.org...

What I expect is people to act civilzed.,

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
What you expect the Muslims to do? Give there invaders a nice big hug and thank you for invading and stealing arab wealth?

If you haven't noticed Dr Op, Muslims are pissed off, and im sure Christians dont care about a bible being burned..

You should work for the media.

spoonman

stirrer

Christians might care about the bible being burned but there not going to burn any embassies or issue any fatwas.

Look at this Pakistani minister puts bounty on anti-Islam filmmaker's head

edit on 22-9-2012 by PrestonSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Turn about is fair play.
I think this is a rule of war. Surprised they thought of it.
I hope we see them make a movie and a mockery of the Christian Religion since there's a lot of material there to criticize and it would alleviate some steam. I'd like, as a social experiment, to sit back and watch other people claim "free speech" as an excuse and see if that soothes any nerves. Thinking no.

We are like babies in playpens...one bites the other, and the other bites back.

Where are the adults in this world?
edit on 22-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
As a Christian, I forgive them.

Turn the other cheek, people. There really should be no other response.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by neo96

Maybe Christians globally should go Ape*Snip and start attacking and rampaging mosques and embassies or worse....

That's what they have been doing since 1908, when Britain and France first invaded the Middle East looking to secure the oil lines for their military.

The 'Christian' west has been meddling in the ME ever since. A lot of mosques have been bombed into rubble in 104 years.

edit on 9/22/2012 by ANOK because: messed up

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

When freedom of speech is one sided you get to see fanatics doing this things, the Muslim cleric is allowed to express his religious freedom but I bet that if he was to burn a koran or talk badly about Mohammed he will be killed publicly.

The irony.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by neo96

Turn about is fair play.
I hope we see them make a movie and a mockery of the Christian Religion since there's a lot of material there to criticize and it would alleviate some steam. I'd like, as a social experiment, to sit back and watch other people claim "free speech" as an excuse and see if that soothes any nerves. Thinking no.

Nothing "adult" about that post and for the record really not paying attention to the mockery of Christians in this country?

Read this?
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by neo96

Turn about is fair play.

Nothing "adult" about that post and for the record really not paying attention to the mockery of Christians in this country?

Read this?
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I'm really hurt. Shamed to the bone because everyone else is so ADULT and I never read anything that sounds like a grounded, 12 year old wrote. People should just get over their bruised egos. We already lost what? 4 thousand Americans ...to pay them back for killing 2000? How many Americans you want to kill for one? Anything to ratchet up a war. Mature.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
That's what they have been doing since 1908, when Britain and France first invaded the Middle East looking to secure the oil lines for their military.

You left out how many Muslims were complacent and made billions since....

The 'Christian' west has been meddling in the ME ever since.

AND

How many Muslims have profited by their meddling? How many Millions of Muslims now live comfortably above the poverty line? Double edged sword eh?

A lot of mosques have been bombed into rubble in 104 years.

I wonder how many of those we due to sectarian violence between Sunni and Shiite compared to the Evil infidels?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join