It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Cleric Shows Respect for Religion by Burning Christian Bible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Want to point out where anyone is calling for war?

Go on quote it.
edit on 22-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ya know... instead of mortals doing the work of their deity- be kinda nice to see their deity get up their butts and do their OWN DAMNED JOB.

Allah wants heretics punished? Then why doesnt HE do it? Oh, wait... No Allah.

God wants heretics punished? Then why don't- yeah. Same thing.

It's nothing more than a power play for imbeciles who have no self esteem past making others feel bad and grovel.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
A Qur'an, Bible, Talmud, and other books are just that books. If you burn one, you're burning a bunch of paper, not a belief. I am Christian and yes, I do get offended when I read about people burning the Holy Bible. But, I realize that my Beliefs aren't dependent on those pieces of paper. They are in my heart and soul. Everyone has the right to express their beliefs in actions,

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
wish i could say i was surprised by this, but of course i am not.

just more double standards from the so called religion of peace and love. by the actions of many especially the religious leaders i am leaning more towards isam the religion of war and hatred. seriously calling for death for desicrateing their holy book then turning around and desicrateing another's holy book. is that not a double standard?
i guess it just goes to show what we are told about their religion and what is the truth are two different things.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Christians would probably just FORGIVE this asshole cleric.

Forgiveness is something that is missing from Islam, so it seems.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Burn as many bibles as he'd like, more power to him.

He is expressing himself, it is the right of every human.

Speech should never just be limited to what you believe is right.

I wish him the best of luck with that, as a christian this doesn't even offend me, strikes me more as a childish act (much like that movie was) and the action of one man does not encompass his entire religion.

Hell if he needed a bible to burn Id send him one, My God is not in a book, and hes powerful enough he doesn't need me to get his back for him for every little slight against him.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
erbody grab yur guns and lets get ouselves some towlies

WW3

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Intresting link here. Once again the religion that loves everyone that is like them.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cheerfulnihilist
As a Christian, I forgive them.

Turn the other cheek, people. There really should be no other response.

Turn the other chick
and Next round you might get a broken jaw.
just saying...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Well they have Jihad, Christians need to have another Crusade.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I wonder when the muslims are going to start attacking people on Wall Street for disrespecting the profit.
edit on 23-9-2012 by Seagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
IMO , there is no cure for hypocrisy.

But I suggest you keep one thing in your mind.

Events happen in mideast , but you can never tell who is running the show.

I don't know this cleric , but certainly he is playing a tool.

There are always plans to divide people , but only fools fall for the plans.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djdoubt03
Well they have Jihad, Christians need to have another Crusade.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

And you need to think more.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by newcovenant

Want to point out where anyone is calling for war?

Go on quote it.

Youtube user ties the Anti-Muslim video to...? Wow!!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=883546

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Does anybody remember the movie 'The life of Brian' ?

Did anybody riot over that?

Anyone?

Anyway, they're not Devout Muslims, they're just very naughty Extremists.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Muslim Cleric Shows Respect for Religion by Burning Christian Bible

If there are two things that Muslims do really well, it’s burning churches and synagogues and showing respect for religion. In Cairo, the appropriately named Abu Islam, decided to go for a twofer by doing both at the same time and burning the Christian Bible. Christians immediately responded by besieging Muslim embassies and demanding that someone be beheaded for this.

Hmm isn't that what they do to people to desecrate the Qu'ran?

Muslim cleric Abu Islam Burns the Holy Bible in front of thousands of Muslims at protest outside the US Embassy in Cairo, Egypt, on Tuesday, 9/11. His action was met with applause and anti-Christian cheers from the demonstrators. The cleric, before leaving the demonstration and getting into his car, told the crowds “next time I will urinate on it.

frontpagemag.com...

Yep that is really showing "respect".

So here we are with current events being all hyped up both in the East and West, and other events are flying under the radar.

The target of many people is a film maker and the mockery of Islam but then nothing but deafening silence from those people about the actions of their own.

Typical hypocrisy which is the point of the thread which is not about the denigration of Islam or Christianity it is about crying respect when they do not show it.

*if this was already posted feel free to 404.*

edit on 22/9/12 by masqua because: Added a link - not provided

Wow do you suck at this.
Hypocrisy???????

Did you read your own source?
Some Muslim burned his own book.
Christians demanded he be murdered for it.
The Muslim is the bad guy here?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Burn as many bibles as he'd like, more power to him.

He is expressing himself, it is the right of every human.

Speech should never just be limited to what you believe is right.

I wish him the best of luck with that, as a christian this doesn't even offend me, strikes me more as a childish act (much like that movie was) and the action of one man does not encompass his entire religion.

Hell if he needed a bible to burn Id send him one, My God is not in a book, and hes powerful enough he doesn't need me to get his back for him for every little slight against him.

Well said.

Christianity = God eventually judges all acts and grace is required for salvation and man doesn't react to circumstances.
Islam = Man has to judge for God, fear rules and fear holds your salvation, absolute aherance to rules is required, no grac eis offerred and offence is allowed and infidels must be silenced..

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Christians would probably just FORGIVE this asshole cleric.

Forgiveness is something that is missing from Islam, so it seems.

They called for his death.
It was right in the OP.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Matthew 5 38-46 takes care of this situation for any Christians undecided as to how to react to this kind of behaviour....

38Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. 41And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational

Originally posted by Cheerfulnihilist
As a Christian, I forgive them.

Turn the other cheek, people. There really should be no other response.

Turn the other chick
and Next round you might get a broken jaw.
just saying...

And? What good does it do to fight what's in another man's heart? That person burned a Bible out of the emotions in his heart - anger, envy, spite, hatred, vengeance etc. The Koran is an idol in the hearts of most Muslims, therefore it produces anger and outrage in their hearts when somebody condemns it or burns it. As a Christian, the Bible is not to be an idol. If I let it become an idol, it will produce the same emotions in my heart that many Muslims portray.

“That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness. All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man” (Mark 7:20-23).

If I strike back, does it not show vengeance in my heart? I know that my Father will avenge. If I strike back in fear for my life then I've given in to Satan who knows that "A man will give anything to save his own life." The moment we allow an idol into our hearts, we are subject to destructive behaviours which derive from the love of it. If a man is going to kill me because of emotion in his heart then it should be perfectly clear who controls his heart - not the Creator. Christ Jesus was murdered out of envy. The RCC killed thousands because they refused to acknowledge it as Christ on Earth. Those who died chose instead to worship the Creator only. Those who worship self and money are those who slaughter their unborn. Those who idolise themselves as "gods" start to act like gods etc etc. actions stem from what's in the heart.

Turning the other cheek, in essence, is showing that the heart doesn't idolise anything (including physical life) and therefore only love is within that heart. Today, many in the Muslim community are clearly demonstrating that they don't worship the True Creator but rather their idols - their mosques, the Koran, their prophet. Rage, murder and seething are it's fruits. Unfortunately, many in the western lands worship idols and therefore will never see the trap being laid against the true followers of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. This created Islamic reaction will, after war and destruction, be deemed the cause of all mankind's troubles. They've already laid the groundwork to throw true Christians under that bus. True Christians that will turn the other cheek as they are persecuted by those very same people who cannot discern the sarcasm in this article.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join