It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Cleric Shows Respect for Religion by Burning Christian Bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Muslim Cleric Shows Respect for Religion by Burning Christian Bible

If there are two things that Muslims do really well, it’s burning churches and synagogues and showing respect for religion. In Cairo, the appropriately named Abu Islam, decided to go for a twofer by doing both at the same time and burning the Christian Bible. Christians immediately responded by besieging Muslim embassies and demanding that someone be beheaded for this.

Hmm isn't that what they do to people to desecrate the Qu'ran?

Muslim cleric Abu Islam Burns the Holy Bible in front of thousands of Muslims at protest outside the US Embassy in Cairo, Egypt, on Tuesday, 9/11. His action was met with applause and anti-Christian cheers from the demonstrators. The cleric, before leaving the demonstration and getting into his car, told the crowds “next time I will urinate on it.

frontpagemag.com...

Yep that is really showing "respect".

So here we are with current events being all hyped up both in the East and West, and other events are flying under the radar.

The target of many people is a film maker and the mockery of Islam but then nothing but deafening silence from those people about the actions of their own.

Typical hypocrisy which is the point of the thread which is not about the denigration of Islam or Christianity it is about crying respect when they do not show it.

*if this was already posted feel free to 404.*

edit on 22-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/9/12 by masqua because: Added a link - not provided

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Oh. Is he expecting us to go riot now is he...

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I dunno....

Maybe Christians globally should go Ape*Snip and start attacking and rampaging mosques and embassies or worse....

meh....

I think people of real faith understand you can't put an infinite God in a box or ummm, book rather.

My 2 pennies.
edit on 22-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree always thought that religion was between that person and their maker no matter what they call him and not a "how to guide".

The God I subscribe to would never condone any actions by either side and the only real meaningful judgement come from him/her.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It is a good thing we dont judge an entire Religion , or country , by the words and actions of one man.

Gov David Duke ring a bell?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am SO Angry !!!!

Going down to my nearest foreign Embassy to burn it down!!!

/Sarcasm

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by neo96

It is a good thing we dont judge an entire Religion , or country , by the words and actions of one man.

That's rich considering a certains someones eternal damnation of those "evil zionists",

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
That's funny,I remember about a year and a half ago there was a pastor in Florida who was burning Qurans. What goes around comes around.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I am a Christian, but I must not be a very good one.....Cause his actions don't offend me, and I don't have the urge to go kill Muslims and burn there Mosque.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

You, you may say
I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by neo96

That's rich considering a certains someones eternal damnation of those "evil zionists",
Funny, you are always shouting not to make you the Topic of the thread, and stick to the OP.....

Yet, when it suits you, you use it to distract.

My point still stands , BTW, one man's actions... Westboro if you must...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Where is your link?

I want to read about the Christians storming embassies and calling for beheadings. It's almost like a joke story. Lol

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
He can burn and urinate on all the Bibles he wants. The Lord still loves him and will be waiting for him should he ever see his errors and repent of his sins. So many confused people around the world. They actually feel that burning a Quran or burning a Bible actually proves that they are better than the other side.

When we compare ourselves to our Lord, we all come up short. Instead of battling each other, we should all be focusing on the love of God, and loving each other as He loves us. That won't happen, however. Prophecy will happen just as He said it will.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Do believe that was the authors satire since christians across the world didn't,

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

Its Ironic, that Prophets had to go through there own tribulations, and probably would scoff at the idea, that people, who worship them, and their teachings, are killing in the name of..

Ironic.

edit on 22-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

There is definitely an absurd amount of pious frauds that permeates throughout all these religions. It gives hypocrisy a bad name.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Isn't this just another form of free speech?
So it's ok when it's done to Muslims but not ok when done to Christians.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Of course it is...

You've obviously missed the Sarcasm

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Its totally OK to burn either of them.

Its hypocritical to feign blasphemy, when its ONLY one group, that "feels" the need, to KILL over it. Is it not 2012? Its time people grow up over their need to play into the hypocrisy, and ancient way of thinking.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
all the book burning stuff or the reactions to it is so silly. it is a book of words that can easily be replaced, i could understand more if books were still written from scratch and some monk somewhere had to write another 1,000 pages of religious text and was called back of holiday to do it because some idiot just burnt one and now he has to work another month writing with a feather in candlelight, and there are only 50 copies world wide then i could understand a little rage. Also it is not the book people believe in it is the religion and all the book does is share it with other people. I don't think alien believers would be outraged if somebody burned a copy of 'U.F.O's the best cases' nor would people who believe evolution is a fact get outraged if somebody burnt Darwin books.

people are pathetic and i never have understood the outrage to book burning or flag burning, just print more books and make more flags and tell them "so what we just made a thousand more and then stick your tongue out"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join