It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Condemn Christian Filmmaker Before United Nations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Obama will really be pouring it on next week when he is supposed to denounce that controversial film at the U.N. General Assembly.

The film "Innocence of Muslims" is what supposedly started all the ruckus last week.

Many people are now sure the film itself was not the true cause of the "uprisings".

Obama's and Hillary's "denouncement" of the film on Pakistani TV sure worked out well right?

Like a Gila Monster, he won't let go after biting.
(Legend says that if a Gila Monster bites you, it won't let go until it thunders or until the sun goes down)

Not only are we seeing the White House and State Department call more attention to the Mohammed-mocking "Innocence of Muslims" than any terrorist network ever could've hoped for, but the President's indefensible scapegoating of the film and filmmaker to draw attention and blame away from U.S. security failures apparently knows no bounds.

Next week, Obama will denounce the film in a speech before the United Nations General Assembly:

National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor previews the president's speech to the UN General Assembly next week:

"UNGA always provides an opportunity for the President to put the international situation in context, and to put forward a vision of US leadership. I would certainly expect the President to address the recent unrest in the Muslim world, and the broader context of the democratic transitions in the Arab World."

"As he has in recent days, the President will make it clear that we reject the views in this video, while also underscoring that violence is never acceptable ..............

Breitbart:

Politico:
Obama to address Muslim unrest

Let's wait and see how many times this story changes between now and the "address" at the U.N.

And then let's see what reactions happen

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
So Obama will pander to anyone if he thinks it will keep in office.

That film has been on youtube since July and only became and issue to deflect from his failed administration and his failed foriegn policies.

Obama and his supporters will use anything and everything to deflect that is was not a film really irks me that they will gladly get on their knees for appeasement.

If the Republicans,Christians,and Jewish could be so lucky.
edit on 22-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Obama blamed Bush for the domestic issues and ignored the damage that congress did. In fact, Obama STILL blames Bush. Now we have QE3, to prop up his failed attempts at keynesian economic fixes.

For foreign issues, he will now blame the video and not his own weak, tepid attempts at dealing with the Middle East.

This administration takes not blame, accepts no culpability, deflects and throws any and everyone under the bus. It is the action of a weak person, a coward, someone who has no spine.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

"As he has in recent days, the President will make it clear that we reject the views in this video, while also underscoring that violence is never acceptable ..............

This is really the meat and potatoes of what Obama has been saying since this entire issue began. He condemns the video and condemns the violence.

How is this politically advantageous for him and how else could he have handled the situation?

reply to post by neo96

So Obama will pander to anyone if he thinks it will keep in office.

Whom is he pandering to and for what reason?

That film has been on youtube since July and only became and issue to deflect from his failed administration and his failed foriegn policies.

Can you provide some evidence of that?

Obama and his supporters will use anything and everything to deflect that is was not a film really irks me that they will gladly get on their knees for appeasement.

Appease whom? If they are trying to appease Muslims or other foreign nations, we can all agree that is hasn't worked.

If the Republicans,Christians,and Jewish could be so lucky.

Oh, spare me the drama! The entire US political spectrum is swaying heavily towards the NeoCon Republican Christian agenda and you come on here and whine about their luck?

edit on 22-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Could one of our great, smart thread starters PLEASE put together a video compilation of the stuff out there that mocks, hurts and degrades Christianity? Throw in the murders and history of Buddhism and other religions who remain silent in the shadows of fare worse hate crimes perpetrated against them than this silly video that has caught on like wildfire in the hot summer sun?

Show by example how to maintain ones faith without the violence.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

The permit covers a one-day shoot for the film, which was then called "Desert Warriors" and has become known as "Innocence of Muslims" since 14 minutes of excerpts were uploaded to YouTube in July.

www.latimes.com...

Nasa's muslim outreach.
Search Obamas speech in Egypt.

If people have not figured out that Obama will tell them whatever they want to hear if it will further his agenda not my problem.

Yeah there is that necon sitting in that oval office who claimed to be a liberal

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Boo on you and your conservative agenda

link   
reply to post by neo96

I asked specific questions Neo. Could you please address those specific questions and explain what you would have done differently if you were in that position?

link   
It is also very very telling that Obama won't "denounce" any terror organizations that may be responsible.

This constant blame on "the film" and the (apparently single) "film maker" is a classic decoy.

I think Obama & Co. are trying to hoodwink the voters.

Time has expired. Time to feed the parking meters again.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The death of one, (in this case, jail/prison) is worth the lives of millions

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by neo96

I asked specific questions Neo. Could you please address those specific questions and explain what you would have done differently if you were in that position?

My name is Neo not Obama i don't jump to other peoples tune and do what they want me to..

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Oh, I see. I thought this would be a thread in which truth and fact would be thrown into the mix, but I guess I accidentaly stumbled upon a NeoCon speculation thread and an anti-Obama circle Jerk.

I better leave before I get some on me.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by neo96

My name is Neo not Obama i don't jump to other peoples tune and do what they want me to..

I'm sorry Neo, I didn't mean to call you out in front of your comrades. It must be tough to address the issues with intelligence and truth when the entire premise was flawed to begin with.

That's ok. Continue with your Obama bash fest.
edit on 22-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Talk about taking a two bit tacky little film I'd have called trash before anyone made a big deal of it, and elevating it to literal world fame!

If Obama wasn't so fixated and obsessed on the video...rather than where, how and by WHOM these Embassy unrest issues are happening with, we may be able to make some progress. Taking responsibility for anything, what so ever, is something I sure haven't seen in a long time though...and I don't know where the buck stops anymore. It sure isn't where it used to when a little sign about that sat on a certain desk. In this case, I guess the buck stops with a b-grade film-maker with bad taste and worse eyes for quality.

So...I guess it was entirely too far afield to keep blaming Bush. Clinton strikes me as being the working one in this situation....so The One has to christen a new scape goat.

United Nations, Meet 'The Video'.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
The death of one, (in this case, jail/prison) is worth the lives of millions

YES!!! lets kill the BASTARD!!! How dare he!!!

I think this would work....we can expand this outward to cover a plethora of other things anyone in the world disagrees with too. We can even make a living at it since a top official in Pakistan is offering 100k for his death.

Or how about this....We let a few million extreme muslin go all frenzy over it and kill each other off....Hmmm choices....choices

BTW what crime did he commit?

edit on 22-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by trisvonbis
But of course he will. At least he's got a reason, he is a muslim, one of them.
Hillary on the other side... well, she is just the usual poisonous, monstruous bitch, jealous because nobody would give her the "Levinsky treatment", because she is way too ugly

Ugly HUH, this woman is beyond that, AND, she tells lies like a professional.

The real problem with Hillary IS, that she believs everything that comes out of her mouth.

In basic terms, this woman is a lunartic of gargantuan proportions.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

BTW what crime did he commit?

edit on 22-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

He put a figure of Christ in a jar of urin- oh wait, that insults christianity, never mind.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well... I wasn't voting for Obama...

And I hate the two party system...

and I hate Mitt...

BUT if he takes this fricken stance, and doesn't stand for Free speech and freedom of expression...

I might have to change my mind, I might actually be sold on the anyone but Obama rhetoric if he does this crap.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Really do love posts like that some people "think" that they are so smarter than other people of course the reality is quite different,

How is this politically advantageous for him and how else could he have handled the situation?

Obama and the left campaigned on how the world hates the US and elected him and awarded him a nobel peace prize because they believed the tripe he was shoveling.

Intelligent people would have never bought in to that BS.

Whom is he pandering to and for what reason?

That was quite obvious to muslims anyone who did not see that can not claim the moniker of "intelligent".

Reason why Obama does anything his own narcissism,

Can you provide some evidence of that?

Did that and the only thing someone else did was take a petty potshot of "how smart he is".

Appease whom? If they are trying to appease Muslims or other foreign nations, we can all agree that is hasn't worked.

No kidding, the smart people knew it would never work, and were not that delusional.

Oh, spare me the drama! The entire US political spectrum is swaying heavily towards the NeoCon Republican Christian agenda and you come on here and whine about their luck?

Hardly when the current admiinistration takes every opportunity to take god out of this country but gets on its knees to Allah.
edit on 22-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join