It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Condemn Christian Filmmaker Before United Nations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

That's just it, isn't it? he committed no crime under U.S. Law. It may be a Capital Crime under other nation's laws but he didn't do it there, he did it here. They'll have to not only make a new law just for him, they'll have to circumvent the Constitution to make it retroactive. Of course, these days, I wouldn't say never to anything.

In a general note on those who would WANT to see him prosecuted somehow, I'd ask specifically what crime under U.S. code would apply? We can't prosecute people for political expediency. There are two sides to that horrible coin and it never ends, once started.

In the words of Benjamin Franklin, "That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer, is a Maxim that has been long and generally approved.".

He's innocent of all but bad taste and judgement. The people over-reacting have a problem.....and the 90% who form the rest seem to have simply taken this movie as a world wide signal to start moving....as it's been heard and understood by all it would seem. All but us...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I just watched 2016 and yup, this is his modus operandi.

I AM ACTUALLY TERRIFIED,

One point was, debt as a weapon of mass destruction,

He has been holding his cards, something I have mentioned on the forum, he will be unleashed if re-elected, and like many of us have been saying next four years, if re-elected, all hell will break lose,

He will do nothing significant to keep Iran from getting nukes while at the same time disarming us,
He will spend money as if the deficit didn't matter.
If the political climate changes and Obama is forced to tackle the deficit he will cut military spending,and raise taxes
check,
check,
check,

He sees Muslims as anti colonialist freedom fighters. This is how he sees himself.

Hates Israel, he will bring a world where the environment becomes more extreme and extremist ideologies more common,

OMG terrifying, please people wake up this affects all of us and all the world, rich or poor, he even sees Americans poor as more well off then the rest of the world, which explains to me why he has done so little to help the black community.
We see that today, it is happening.

We have been watching this happen, this is real, please I beg you wake up.

edit on 053030p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 053030p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Okay, I'm sorry but I just can't support this.

AMERICA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS MAN'S VIDEO.

We do not have to pander to Europe or the UN.

Have some balls, Obama. stand up to the UN and explain things.

You see, I don't understand this attitude that because one American made a film that we're all responsible for it.

That's collective judgement and generalization, which is something I thought liberals were supposed to be against. We do have rights, and innocent until proven guilty. I'm tired of this European mindset of all Americans are the same and are responsible for each other crap.

What a bunch of junk.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Really do love posts like that some people "think" that they are so smarter than other people of course the reality is quite different,

I agree. good thing I didn't say I was smarter than you or anyone else.

Obama and the left campaigned on how the world hates the US and elected him and awarded him a nobel peace prize because they believed the tripe he was shoveling.

I thought that Obama campaigned on hope and change. I don't remember any "The world hates America" ads or stump speeches. Could it be that this is a straw-man argument and really has nothing to do with the matter at hand?

That was quite obvious to muslims anyone who did not see that can not claim the monker of "intelligent".

This is complete speculation. Any intelligent person can see that Obama has not taken a firm stance, as it is politically smart, and since the focus has been on the film, he makes sure people know he denounces it.

Did that and the only thing someone else did was take a petty potshot of "how smart he is".

No you did not. Where did you provide evidence that Obama is using this issue to deflect from his administration and failed foreign policy? You made a specific claim......prove it with specific evidence.

Otherwise, your statement is nothing more than politically divisive rhetoric and cannot be taken seriously.

No kidding, the smart people knew it would never work, and we not that delusiional.

Maybe that's why Obama has NOT TRIED TO APPEASE ANYONE!

Hardly when the current adminstration takes every opportunity to take god out of this country but gets on its knees to Allah.

There's that irrelevant straw-man again.
edit on 22-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Have some balls, Obama. stand up to the UN and explain things.

He has some, OMG he is flaunting it in our face and still we are asleep

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

That's just it, isn't it? he committed no crime under U.S. Law. It may be a Capital Crime under other nation's laws but he didn't do it there, he did it here. They'll have to not only make a new law just for him, they'll have to circumvent the Constitution to make it retroactive. Of course, these days, I wouldn't say never to anything.

I think a good place to start is for these countries that demand action is to first recognize ALL US laws and apply them on their own people....

edit on 22-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

He has been holding his cards, something I have mentioned on the forum, he will be unleashed if re-elected, and like many of us have been saying next four years, if re-elected, all hell will break lose,

I have said this before in it doesn't matter if a person dislikes both candidates...one would be first term and the other would be unleashed with nothing to loose...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

He put a figure of Christ in a jar of urin- oh wait, that insults christianity, never mind.

You are in big trouble assuming the piss jar Jesus was a Muslin thing...the good news is they might only put 50k on your head and not 100k....

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by beezzer

He put a figure of Christ in a jar of urin- oh wait, that insults christianity, never mind.

You are in big trouble assuming the piss jar Jesus was a Muslin thing...the good news is they might only put 50k on your head and not 100k....

My reply would be, "Fill your hands, you. . . . "

Watch the clip.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Frankly, I have a hard time viewing the filmmaker as a active Christian. Sure, he may have some belief in a Christian god, but what he did was done out of hate, not out of Christian beliefs.

Luke 6:27–31

But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also.
Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This film maker, in question, is about as Christian as Fred Phelps, of the Westboro Baptist Church fame and that Florida preacher, Terry Jones, that burned the Quran.

Much ado about nothing!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

It's very easy to judge his actions from our perspective here. What he did was stupid and not befitting of the faith he claims- on many levels. However, perhaps your perspective would be different if you were an Egyptian Copt who had lived in Egypt, where Muslims regularly burn their churches, homes, villages, kidnap their children to force them to be Muslims, etcetera. He obviously has baggage. Perhaps even, dare I say, more justified baggage than your average internet ex-adherent of the local First Baptist who goes on about the evils of their former religion.

edit on 22-9-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Just a side note...

What would happen with the You-Tube craze, if 5000 people posted their own version...kind of like the fat kid with the Star Wars lightsaber thing..... What would they do then?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Please post civilly, and on topic.
Failure to do that will result in further post removals.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

lol

"As he has in recent days, the President will make it clear that we reject the views in this video, while also underscoring that violence is never acceptable ..............

L
L, unless it's initiated by him and his ilk of course, then it's called liberation, and spreading democracy

lol, the pols and the MSM are scrambling to put their own spin on this, but it's becoming obvious they were caught by surprise, and are off balance.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Could one of our great, smart thread starters PLEASE put together a video compilation of the stuff out there that mocks, hurts and degrades Christianity? Throw in the murders and history of Buddhism and other religions who remain silent in the shadows of fare worse hate crimes perpetrated against them than this silly video that has caught on like wildfire in the hot summer sun?

Show by example how to maintain ones faith without the violence.

well this shows a historical recreation demonstrating xtians used to be as touchy and violent, when their beliefs were disrespected,i suppose its a start, great idea though

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Any with an IQ over 12 condems the film maker. He is an ass hat that filmed one film then changed the dialogue after because if he would have told the actors the truth they would not have done the film. A film he then redubbed and edited it to provoke a violent reaction. I am pretty sure if you try and paint that lying sack of # as a Christian they are not going to like it. But, hey thats just my opinion I suppose I do not have a right to condem the film anymore than Obama does. To bad we are not protected by some kind law that allows us the freedom to condem films like that.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
All I have to say is, if you are an American and you love this country and you value what little freedoms you have left, please drop the partisan bickering, now.

I don't care what race you are this is worse than my wildest imagination, I knew it was bad, but I didn't want to believe it was this bad, the future depends on us standing together.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
And now we can see things are already changing..........

CAIRO — On the eve of his first trip to the United States as Egypt’s new Islamist president, Mohamed Morsi said the United States needed to fundamentally change its approach to the Arab world, showing greater respect for its values and helping build a Palestinian state, if it hoped to overcome decades of pent-up anger. ....

Egypt’s New Leader Spells Out Terms for U.S.-Arab Ties
W-H-A-T !!!!!

(Reuters) - Egypt's president and other Muslim leaders should demand the U.N. criminalize contempt of religion after the release of an anti-Islamic film and cartoons which demonstrate growing racism, said the leader of the biggest ultra-orthodox Islamist party.

Despite doctrinal and political differences with President Mohamed Mursi's Muslim Brotherhood, the Salafist Nour Party played a key role in supporting it during presidential elections in June.....

Egypt Salafi urges U.N. to criminalize contempt of Islam

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join