It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012; Don't say "Nothing will happen"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by omnihue

It's odd, though, isn't it, that some of the hopes they cling to are so pessimistic.
Not much comfort in the idea of "pole shift" and catastrophic flooding.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

edit on 22-9-2012 by jimmiec because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

I did allow for the possibility of "self-fulfilling prophecies", events created by the expectation that something was going to happen.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
There will be bad weather somewhere. A politcal protest. A number of violent murders. Some natins will be embroiled in civil or martial conflict. A man (or woman) will win a fortune on the lottery. Several volcanoes will erupt and probably a mag 6 or higher earthquake will occur. The sun will appear to rise in the east and set in the east. If it's not cloudy, stars will appear at night. Someone will see Venus and think it's an alien spaceship.

So yes,something will happen. As it does every day.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by omnihue

It's odd, though, isn't it, that some of the hopes they cling to are so pessimistic.
Not much comfort in the idea of "pole shift" and catastrophic flooding.

Not really.

There are a lot of people out there that either hate their lives or are bored with it. They want something different and what they think is "exciting" to happen.

Even with many natural disasters that happen (and have happened, and will always happen), or some terrorist attack somewhere, or another war happening, for many it may or may not affect them. They still get up when the alarm goes off, get dressed, go to work, earn their paycheck, come home, eat dinner and then go to bed.

As humans we tend to fantasize, day dream or imagine how things would be different. We tend to romanticise too what we day dream or imagine, many times not realizing the horrors a natural disaster or a war would bring to our daily lives.

Just ask those that have lived through one. They tend to day dream about having a normal, non-exciting life.

All you have to do is look:

1) How many out there play online games where they live in a different world? There are those that play games where you're the hero, defeating the evil orcs and dragons, saving the day. Or running around playing solder in a virtual world in a war. Or commanding a starship, saving the galaxy.........and there are even games that simulate real life itself, no fantasy, no SciFi, (sort of like Second Life).

2) The movies, TV shows and books we read. It's entertainment, but many use these to escape their lives that they are actually living for a while.

Does this make people that wish for something like a crustal pole shift to happen crazy? Are people who hope that Nibiru is real and will pass by the Earth for real crazy?

Well, I'm not an expert on that, but in my humble opinion, they wish these things because they just want change.....many say they wish it, but don't really think it would happen at all.

But again, those that have actually lived through some horrible disaster or war, will tell you the same thing:

All you crave afterwards is that nice quite life you were living before hand.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
....many say they wish it, but don't really think it would happen at all.

Yes, I remember being very struck by one of the posts on ATS about Elenin (or some asteroid, I forget what exactly) and the possibility of it crashing down onto the earth;
"I would love that to happen but I don't suppose it will".
I don't think that one had been thought through.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Reading a few posts I am struck by the lack of thought.. In the end most of us do not want it to happen. I am a pessimist and everyday I get a grand surprise. A million things can happen on any given day and most these things we have no control over. So having a date like say the 21st gives us time to prepare to attempt to control the outcome. Chances for anything serious happening on the 21 is very slim 1 in a million maybe even 1 in a billion. I do not know. But being prepared is like a safety blanket. Its like money in the bank for a rainy day.
Saying nothing will happen is simply denying the truth. Truth is bad crap happens everyday and someones world ends every few seconds. Regardless of the cause. Now will something bad happen on the 21. I hope not, I honestly hope nothing bad happens, but in the event something does. I know I am prepared for at least a 5th of what may come. that doesn't ensure my survival but it does give me a better chance then most.
Just remember even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.
Therian

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Therian

However, in the absence of knowing exactly what to prepare for, it's difficult to go beyond the kind of preparedness that we could have managed without fixing on a date. So the practical effect of the publicised date is to prompt people to put together the kind of general preparedness for disaster that government is always advising.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
it wont be the end of the world but i believe weird things will happen. Been listening to a phsycic lady predictions, she says aliens will come before the end of the year. scary part is alot of her predictions come true

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ricojo88

Is this the "Disclosure" option (friendly aliens) or the "Invasion" option (unfriendly aliens)?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Look, this constant obsession over 21st Dec 2012 defies all logic.
Natural disasters could never wipe out humanity on one particular date out of the freaking blue.
If a big ass planet or asteroid is heading towards us, amateur astronomers and NASA would've seen it years ago.
There has been no evidence of intelligent life out there.
And this antichrist thing is just pure BS.
Now I admit, war could break out between America and Iran or Israel and Iran and S may just hit the fan. But there is no guarantee it would happen in 2012 or the next few months or the next few years.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
she says they will be friendly but their are evil ones out their. she also said soon that blue lights will be soon all over the planet. if she is wrong about this she is really putting her job on the line.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceNLove123

Quite so.
There is no rational reason why a collection of completely contradictory theories should focus on the same date.
What I'm trying to expose is the irony of the assumption that these contradictory theories, because they focus on the same date, are somehow backing one another up.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ricojo88
if she is wrong about this she is really putting her job on the line.

As are all the theorists who are backing completely different expectations for the same date.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Something will definitely happen. Something happens every day. There is a robbery, a murder, some kind of natural phenomena every day...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

Exactly- and football matches, snow showers, political speeches...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
here's what i believe will happen.. people who sincerely believe in this doomsday scenario will give up and give in to their inhibitions and chaos will ensue so the closer it gets to dec. 21st the more conscious i will be of my surroundings and people around me and will not let my family go anywhere unprotected. whether you're religious or not you simply can't put a date on stuff like this.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by n3mesis

One question is how many people genuinely do believe in all this material, and how many are just absorbing it for "entertainment", as it were.
If the hard-core believers are only a small minority, then the chaos you suggest may not be as widespread as feared.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
every couple of years their is a new "ending" which never ends, nothing happens. this time feels a bit different with everything thats going on at the moment.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Your probably a person that hasn't ever experienced anything but work in your life..that's all you know..so naturally a person in your reality would think this was the common.

At the end of the day in this reality we are forced to abide by .......it all comes down to work and income

Now realistically, how do we find work or something to do for the billions on this planet without work or money?

You can call them lazy all you want...

If you haven't noticed this current system is f*king flawed beyond belief..

And this is why things are going to happen...

You can hang on to you 200k a year job all you want..money will not benefit anyone when things change..

This will sift out the greedy mofos and keep the meek

There is 12 Numbers on the clock on time for a reason..

Dont say you werent warned..ITS on the clock for god sake...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join