It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endeavor Shuttle Flyby over my apartment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Video of Endeavor Shuttle Flyby over my apartment

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

Here ya go.

That was closer than I was expecting to see.

Was that today?

edit on 9/21/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Very cool. I am glad you got video of it. It makes the story so much better.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Glad you Posted that I live in the same neighborhood from What I saw in your vid. I wanted to see its flyby but got stuck inside on a work call. Thanks for the video. Sorta got choked uP when I watched it

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
very cool
thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yes this was today

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Cool!!! I'm in San Francisco, it flew above my work today around 10:30 am. I'll post a video later, yours is better though.

It was kind of sad seeing it go...the end of our space program correct?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kittyfatale

Originally posted by kittyfatale

It was kind of sad seeing it go...the end of our space program correct?
This is in no way the end of our Space Explorations. It is just the beginning of a new era of Deeper Space Exploration.

[color=DBD19E]It's time to retire the old Classic Muscle-Car, and lock it up in the garage, and get a new ride that's a bit more up to date. That Muscle-Car is great for those who prefer just cruising around town looking cool, but it's about time we ventured onward a lil further than that.

[color=7BD1CB]On Sept. 14, 2011, NASA announced a new capability for America's space program: a heavy-lift rocket designed to carry the Orion spacecraft and send astronauts farther into space than ever before. And now, one year later, NASA has made swift progress improving on existing hardware, testing and developing new components, and paving the way for a new launch vehicle. The SLS will make human exploration of deep space a reality and create new possibilities for scientific discovery.

[color=7BD1CB]"The SLS is a national capability and will be the largest rocket ever built, providing the power we need to truly explore beyond our current limits," said Todd May, Space Launch System program manager. "Not only will it take us beyond low Earth orbit, but it will take us there faster."

[color=7BD1CB]Watch NASA's video on the first year of SLS achievements:

[color=7BD1CB]"Our goal was to become a leaner and more efficient program, based on lessons learned from previous successes by the agency," May said. "But even more important is to build a safe vehicle for our astronauts and one that can sustain exploration for years to come. That takes time and we're off to a great start. We want to inspire the next generation of scientists, engineers and explorers."

[color=7BD1CB]The SLS initially will be capable of carrying 70 metric tons to space. A larger, future version of the rocket will launch up to 130 metric tons -- equivalent to about 75 sport utility vehicles -- to future destinations such as an asteroid, near-lunar space and, eventually, Mars.

www.nasa.gov...

edit on 9/22/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
Video of Endeavor Shuttle Flyby over my apartment
Piggybacked on a 747. Nice video, it did come fairly close to you.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
That was pretty awesome. Wish I could have seen it myself.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Awesome video. Really is an impressive thing to see.

top topics

join