It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The search for undiscovered Pyramids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The question and discussion of this thread is whether there are undiscovered Pyramids. The question is legitimate as there are still Pyramids being discovered today. To such examples:

Egyptian Pyramids found by infra-red satellite images

First Etruscan Pyramids found

If there are yet undiscovered ancient Pyramids distributed across the globe, where might they be? What do you intuit? What do you know? Where might one look?

To get the Imagination going a little, here are some pictures of alleged Pyramids (which will likely turn out not to be Pyramids; I am using these to inspire the search for undiscovered Pyramids).

From Ancient Pyramids in the Antarctica

An alleged Pyramid in China, photographed from an airplane in 1947:

Google for "The White Pyramid of China"

Supposed covered Pyramids in eastern Russia:

What makes these interesting is that there appears to be no mountainous terrain around.

This underwater structure was supposedly found by sonar not far from Bermuda:

edit on 21-9-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I doubt that the Bosnian Pyramids are real, because in 10 years of research and excavation no evidence of them being artificial pyramids has been uncovered. However, the dream of finding pyramids is still alive.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

i hope one day to see the underwater pyramids in japan, and i hope by then i can go inside, i always thought of pyramids as our window to history that has either been forgotten or purposely hidden. with pyramids can be found every were methinks that there was once a one world government that had connections to the stars.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Im excited about those Pyramids too. But it has been such a long time since they have been discovered that I assume that their treasures have already been retrieved.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Respectfully, I don't see what the big deal is with pyramids.

Next to building a mud hut, a pyramid, in it's most basic form, has all the architectural sophistication of a macaroni art.

True, there are some sophisticated structural pyramids that took some planning and foresight.
All in all though, I'd think it more important and of greater relevance to just find signs of any sort of human sophistication in architectural endeavors over 6000 years old like Gobekli Tepe which dates to near 10,000 years old.

Recent findings indicating the submerged discovery of the ancient city of Dwarka told in Hindu texts of being lost to the sea are interesting with 'speculative dating' in all sorts of wild ranges from 6000-16,000 years old or older.
More solid, peer reviewed, less sensationalized reports are yet to be found on last check concerning Dwarka.

On the note of Dwarka, being a formerly coastal city, now flooded and submerged, it would likely be within the interest of archaeology to devote more research (though prohibitively expensive) to investigating former coastal regions and submerged deltas that would have been dry land out for even 100 miles (in some cases) compared to today's coastlines flooded by the ice-age melt of 10,000 years ago.

Thus, concentrate those IR scans and satellite fine radar pings or whatever new technology is in use along the coastlines to depths around 100 meters.

18000yrs ago, during the last ice age, sea level was 100m below today's level,

Effects of Change in Sea level on Worldwide Topography (source)
Java tool at linked site allows change in sea levels of regions in + or - meters for a glimpse at what the map under such changes would look like.

edit on 21-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Respectfully, I don't see what the big deal is with pyramids.

that fact that they are still shrouded in mystery till this day, and the fact that there still standing and being discoverd, anything of that caliber is a big deal just as the other structures u mentioned

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

What makes these interesting is that there appears to be no mountainous terrain around.

This underwater structure was supposedly found by sonar not far from Bermuda:

This one really interest me because of it's very sharp defined features and..

Japan have allowed scientists to determine that the two giant pyramids, apparently made of something like a thick glass, are really impressive – each of them is larger than the pyramid of Cheops in Egypt
newearthdaily.com...

That's Impressive !

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Thus, concentrate those IR scans and satellite fine radar pings or whatever new technology is in use along the coastlines to depths around 100 meters.

An excellent research idea...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

The title of your thread sounds so....Trekkie

If there are yet undiscovered ancient Pyramids distributed across the globe, where might they be? What do you intuit? What do you know? Where might one look?

I believe there are more.Where i would look for them?Everywhere.
I know that it might be a long shot,but i would follow the myths and legends.
For example the underwater pyramid of Bermuda,could be an indication for the existance of Atlantis,which according to Plato the location was in the Atlantic ocean.
Ancient texts often can be used as a guide.Wether mythology or philosophy could give a general idea where to look for.

And since in your OP i didn't see a link about the pyramids in Greece...
Pyramids in Greece

S+F for the thread.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Go here Gigantic Pyramid on Ocean Sea floor in Bermuda Triangle and you can find the tool "GLORIA" a long-range sidescan sonar system (Geological LOng-Range Inclined Asdic).

Hope this could help

S&F.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
[

Because they are discovered Pyramids. Thanks nonetheless. Maybe there is a hidden bigger one nearby.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Go here Gigantic Pyramid on Ocean Sea floor in Bermuda Triangle and you can find the tool "GLORIA" a long-range sidescan sonar system (Geological LOng-Range Inclined Asdic).

Hope this could help

Good one...I`ll have to read the whole thread now.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Interesting Synchronicity. Yesterday, I was trying to find out if there are any news about the submerged structures that allegedly include 3 pyramids off the coast of cuba.

But depending on what you mean by (un)discovered, there is the one in Java, Indonesia where it is still uncertain wether it is a natural formation or a man-made pyramid. It has been posted on ATS before.

Java Pyramid?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

Interesting thread. There are SO MANY puzzle pieces I havent read yet. In that thread there is an interesting post on sea levels.

I do doubt the Java one is real because its in an area of many hills....but who knows....

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I've always thought that Arizona in the U.S. would be a great place to look... If you take seriously the reports of Egyptian artifacts being found in the Grand Canyon way back in the late 1800's to early 1900's (not sure of the time frame and am too lazy to look it up right now), then it would make sense to at least do a cursory examination of the surrounding countryside.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Interesting topic (to me).
Three years ago, I had some time on my hands, and was Google-Earthing Central America.
Spent a lot of time looking at and for the ancient sites (northern Guatemala, etc...)...and one day, decided to start "moving north" looking for "high points". I marked and logged quite a few until coming across one that sat in the middle of a range/outcrop of mountains...and something caught my attention.
Zooming in to as close as Google-Earth would allow, I identified the absolute peak of this particular "mountain"...but, in the process of determining that this was the absolute peak, I found that this "peak" ran due north and south exactly (or, as near-exactly as Google-Earth would allow me to determine) 300 feet.
Further - if you moved one "foot" to the west or east, it sloped down for the entire 300'.
As stated before - I logged this (numerous sets of latitude, longitude and altitude) in a notebook.
I had been out of work for about 9 months...and "out of the blue" received an offer to begin the following Monday.
Being out of work that long...and not knowing how long the present round of work would last, I dove into the work with great vigor...occassionally revisiting the notebook and site (to remind myself of why I had been so excited at the find). Two months after going back to work, our neighbor's plumbing had issues in the middle of the night, and since our plumbing joined theirs before exiting to the main line/s in the alley... We awoke to about 6 inches of sewage throughout most of the house at about 3 a.m.
My wife had move the notebook onto the floor in previous days/weeks...
I have not seen it since. (we moved out of the place within a month)
I have not been able to relocate that particular "peak" since.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyNeutron
I've always thought that Arizona in the U.S. would be a great place to look... If you take seriously the reports of Egyptian artifacts being found in the Grand Canyon way back in the late 1800's to early 1900's (not sure of the time frame and am too lazy to look it up right now), then it would make sense to at least do a cursory examination of the surrounding countryside.

Whats for sure is that the Grand Canyon could easily hide huge Pyramids...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
[

Because they are discovered Pyramids. Thanks nonetheless. Maybe there is a hidden bigger one nearby.

The researchers are still debating about mt Taygetos pyramid.

Old legend tell that it was the 1st pyramid ever built on earth. There is a big question mark over whether this rock structure is manmade or a natural occurrence. Visitors have described how the texture of the rock surface suddenly becomes smooth, relative to that below, where the pyramid shape begins.

The highest peak of the mountain has the shape of a pyramid. Some researchers are convinced that this structure, found on one of the peaks of mount Taygetus, was carved by the hand of man, in remote antiquity, to form this pyramid shape. Others, however, believe that this is nothing but a natural rock formation. No erosion mechanism has been suggested (to date) which could create this shape naturally. Particularly curious are the strange shadows cast at dawn and sunset. It is said that in ancient years, Spartans built a temple of Apollo at the peak. A church of the prophet Elias can be found at the same place.

www.european-pyramids.eu...

There is a phenomeno taking place there.Every morning(in sunrise) you can see the shadow of the pyramid,like a ghost pyramid.

There are more legends about this mountain and one of them is that there is a gate to another world hidden there.
The beauty and the energy of this place is amazing.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Thanks. Would you happen to have a link to these legends?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join