It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart EPIC takedown of Fox News & Sean Hannity

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptAmerika

I was going to reply to your post but after deliberation I have decided not to say anymore about either side because it is so idiotic arguing about who is better than who, I really don't care, I should not have even posted about Bush, both parties are scum, no difference and I am not getting sucked into a "my side is better than yours" debate because neither one is my side.
edit on 22/9/12 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by Merinda
Wellfare and foodstamps for the working should be done away with. Its a form of corporate subsidy. They get to pay their workers low wages, pocket the profit and have their workers subsidized by taxes.

Actually, the "working" should be the only people eligible for any assistance. The "non-working" are the ones who abuse the system and shouldn't be getting anything. ...other than those who are disabled and aren't "faking it".

please move to china...it seems you would be more comfortable there.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I tried to watch the video but apparently, Mitt, did not want me to! I searched and found this.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Merinda
Wellfare and foodstamps for the working should be done away with. Its a form of corporate subsidy. They get to pay their workers low wages, pocket the profit and have their workers subsidized by taxes.

Actually, the "working" should be the only people eligible for any assistance. The "non-working" are the ones who abuse the system and shouldn't be getting anything. ...other than those who are disabled and aren't "faking it".

please move to china...it seems you would be more comfortable there.

No thanks, I'm just going to take my OWN country back. If you'd like to move there, feel free.

First step is to ensure that the GOP never holds the office of POTUS again.

edit on 22-9-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Your threads are so good lol..

Fox news is a joke, they can't handle they have an absolute idiot presidential candidate to defend.

They also can't handle that their 50% of the country do not pay taxes talking point has been debunked.
edit on 21-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

its 49.7% dont pay federal "INCOME TAX's". its never been debunked. Money is withheld in pay checks and given back as tax returns at the end of the year resulting in a brake even or positive credit back in taxes.
edit on 21-9-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Then why did i have to pay 180 bucks last year after filing taxes? The tax system is horribly corrupt in this country and to top it all off our healthcare puts more people in debt than it helps.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
reply to post by Grimpachi

Romney is there to give Obama the election...just like John Kerry handed it to Bush, Sarah Palin handed it to Obama, etc.

Candidates are both stupid and deceitful at the same time. They're like comic book villains. I can't see how we go through anything that is close to reality in an election. It looks like an expensive show to make us think we can make a difference. There are so many people out there qualified to lead, and they don't get far up the chain. The late night clowns appear to only help us release the uncomfortableness we feel by shoving the gaffs. They don't show the cracks. It sure looks like misdirection.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The old saying is so true...

If you have a heart, you're a Democrat.

If you have a brain, you're a Republican.

...Add one more...

If you have a life, you're a Libertarian.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dbriefed
The old saying is so true...

If you have a heart, you're a Democrat.

If you have a brain, you're a Republican.

...Add one more...

If you have a life, you're a Libertarian.

Actually no, it isn't. I know a LOT of republicans who have absolutely no sign of a brain whatsoever. ... the vast majority of them in fact.

If you want to LIVE like a Republican, you'd better VOTE for a Democrat.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

None of those people have a real brain. If they did they wouldn't be so selfish and locked in this us versus them mentality.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raverous
reply to post by Grimpachi

What would you say if they were a group made up primarily of Black people and some of them had made racial slurs against a White leader?

I would say it was racist.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Since all of us conservatives are so stupid, I'll propose that we forgo voter ID in exchange for a requirement that one must solve one middle school algebra problem in order to get a ballot. I'll take my chances on the election results, since the left has to depend on ignorance to get elected, whose base must be vastly uneducated or the DOJ wouldn't be fighting to let people vote who are too ignorant to get an ID.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I have a feeling that if Chris Christie said this he would be labeled honest. A Truth-talker. Same with Ron Paul. But because the left can't run on THEIR record, they have to use any and every means necessary to take down the other guy. Is it so shocking because it's true? Half the country won't vote for Mitt. Not because of his policies. Not because of what he did or didn't do at Bain. Because these people see that little donkey on the ballot and that's where they pull the lever. As long as they are getting theirs from the gubmint, they aren't interested in the fact that they are soon to be penalized/taxed for not carrying private health care. They don't care that we're soon to see another credit downgrade because we're printing money 24/7 and soon to see inflation followed by hyperinflation. We've been warned.

ps - 2008 was like, 4 Mays ago, not 14.

edit on 22-9-2012 by flashtrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjack
Since all of us conservatives are so stupid, I'll propose that we forgo voter ID in exchange for a requirement that one must solve one middle school algebra problem in order to get a ballot. I'll take my chances on the election results, since the left has to depend on ignorance to get elected, whose base must be vastly uneducated or the DOJ wouldn't be fighting to let people vote who are too ignorant to get an ID.

Works for me. I'd go further and give a set of progressively more difficult math questions to determine how many votes you get since math is the only subject not open to "opinion", there's a definite right or wrong answer and faux news can't skew it ....other than statistics, or the interpretation of them, which won't be included.

It would be a Democratic landslide every time.

...btw, the candidate has to get an 80% score or isn't allowed to run, that would have done away with bush before he even got to register as a candidate.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I have a feeling that if Chris Christie said this he would be labeled honest. A Truth-talker. Same with Ron Paul. But because the left can't run on THEIR record, they have to use any and every means necessary to take down the other guy. Is it so shocking because it's true? Half the country won't vote for Mitt. Not because of his policies. Not because of what he did or didn't do at Bain. Because these people see that little donkey on the ballot and that's where they pull the lever. As long as they are getting theirs from the gubmint, they aren't interested in the fact that they are soon to be penalized/taxed for not carrying private health care. They don't care that we're soon to see another credit downgrade because we're printing money 24/7 and soon to see inflation followed by hyperinflation. We've been warned.

edit on 22-9-2012 by flashtrum because: (no reason given)

In the area I live in, there are 4 times more "conservatives" that draw public assistance than "liberals". Here, the liberals are the ones who got an education and have jobs, the people who draw welfare checks and foodstamps (and are dumb as rocks) go on and on and on about being "conservative" because we're in the middle of the bible belt.

Those are the conservatives around here. They draw welfare, they draw foodstamps, they are the pillheads, the theifs, the criminals. They vote republican each and every time. They go to their little evangelical churches on Sunday with the pastors who didn't graduate high school let alone go to seminary and they shout "I'm born again, I'm goin ta Heaven. All you liberals are gonna burn in hell!!" just like Westboro Baptist Church. They are the lowest common denominator of Humans. They have warped Christianity, they have used and abused the welfare system, they justify all the crimes they commit and think the laws don't apply to them.

The republicans aren't going to do away with any of those programs, that's where most of their support comes from. If you look closely at someone who rants and raves about being a "conservative", they either get public assistance or have at some point in their lives or they are the 2%. Some of the idiots that draw all the assistance think THEY are part of the 2% because they honestly have no concept of what a billion dollars is.

I actually knew someone who went on and on about making a quarter of a million dollars one year before taxes. I looked at their tax returns at some point and saw they had made $25,000 that year. That was their "big year" and they actually thought that twenty five thousand dollars WAS a quarter million. They are literally that stupid.

You can't explain it to them because then they want to fight. They don't want to converse, they don't want to reason, they just want to fight, stab people, shoot at people and actually believe they have the right to do so. They have no problem with murder even though they claim to be Christian, they have no problem with drugs or getting sloppy drunk every weekend because they want to party then go to church the next day with a hangover and smelling like beer. Luckily for them, everybody else in their church does it too.That's what a conservative is around here.

Now you may (or may not if you're one of them) understand why I really don't like conservatives in this area.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by flashtrum

I do not know where you got the 2008 figure. Here is the big picture with the correct year.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by flashtrum

I do not know where you got the 2008 figure. Here is the big picture with the correct year.

faux news trains them to change numbers and try to confuse other people who may be listening/reading. They hope they won't get a response showing the proof so they can knock down their imaginary straw man and claim a false victory

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Because Obama and the Dems have done such a bang up job in the last 4 years.
Do you actually believe the drivel spewed from the DNC?
Because it sure sounds like it.
Fact is neither party is any better than the other, its just an individual choice to find the lesser of two evils.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptAmerika
I keep seeing people talk about Fox News, first off, if your "IQ" was truly as high as you like to prtend it is, you would know the difference between "News" and what Beck and Riley do.
They are opinion segments, not news.

The issue is, the idiots who watch it like gospel don't know the difference, and therein lies the problem.

And those people are on both sides of the fence.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

I find it facinating that the liberals didn't think Stewart's report of the Democratic Intolerance was too funny. When he ripped into them and showed how bigots and morons are mentally equal the Liberals didn't like it very much at all. These topics always jump into name calling. I loved Jon Stewart showing the DNC representative saying that he wouldn't call a red neck any names. That guy, must have had a negative IQ and snuck in!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptAmerika
reply to post by Todzer

Illegal Wars?
Congress sends us to war, not the President.
I would recommend you google the vote to go to war and look at all the Democrats that votes YEA.
The whole Bush sent us to war bit has run its course, it only works to rile up those who dont understand how govt works.

You so quickly forget the lies and deciet used to get congress to approve of the war that bush took us into

Pelosi was sitting in the exact same room at the exact same time that the CIA briefings took place.
She as Speaker of the House had the exact same information that Bush had.
Bush recommended the action, Congress voted.
Based on information provided by the CIA.
Pelosi and Reid were just 2 of the Dems that voted to go to war based on the info provided.
Bush did not provide the info to them, they received it just as he did.
Btw, Clinton and Kerry were also on the Yea list.
America is getting a bit tired of the Blame Bush bit. At some point, our Spender in Chief is going to have to man up and admit he is a failure.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join