It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart EPIC takedown of Fox News & Sean Hannity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+89 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Jon Stewart EPIC takedown of Fox News & Sean Hannity: 'Chaos On Bull# Mountain'

Warning: NSFW

Jon Stewart Rips Fox News Over Romney 47 Percent Coverage: 'Chaos On Bull# Mountain' (VIDEO)
(huffingtonpost.com)

There's literally no depth Fox "News" and it's Opionators aren't willing to sink to, in order to spin damage control for Mitt Romney over his 47% snark.

But funniest of all was his takedown of Sean Hannity, who attacked all other networks for giving any attention to the Romney hidden video of his 47% gaffe for being records waaaay back in May - a whopping 4 months ago - but then he immediately goes on to attack Obama for a recording made 14 years ago - in which Fox heavily edited out all of Obama's qualifying remarks in order to create the misleading image they wanted.

See: The Fact Checker - 4 Pinocchios for a truncated, 14-year-old Obama clip

This might well be one of Stewart's finest takes on Fox yet.

Stewart skewars the sort of perverse right-wing logic of attacking the social safety net, for doing exactly what it was designed to do, as best exemplified by this comment from Craig T. Nelson:

www.youtube.com...

You can also watch the full episode at The Daily Show.com, the "Chaos" segment is around the 6:00 mark.

edit on 21-9-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Sep 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: profanity in title Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

edit on Sat Sep 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: add new link

edit on Sat Sep 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: unembed new video

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I watched this last night and it is so true.

Fox is the most hypocritical right wing mouth piece that has ever been broadcasted.

Fox viewers are low information voters.

There are actually people out there that believe that fox is fair and balanced. Their IQ must be astonishingly low.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

your just feeding into the dog and pony show they call politics. i suggest we all take a step back and relize whats really going on. the politics, media and tptb make us think all this is real, and make us all think we have a say in what goes on, in truth we have no say, we just serve. do i have a link to a source that an be clicked, no. but i do have eyes and ears and its plain as day i just wish this message got as much coverage as whatever politician puppets are in the news today.
edit on 21-9-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Foxnews viewers are easily some of the least intelligent members of our society.

IQ tests need to be a mandatory part of the voting process - for voters and candidates alike

Stupidity is a legitimate impairment - we don't allow blind people to drive, we shouldn't let idiots vote.

Have an IQ less than 90? Sorry, but I don't want you having a say in my government.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I loved when they had shown Romney trying to do damage control on day one of his reboot.

Romney looked like he was seriously stressed out what Stewart called Romney’s version of bedhead.

There may be one thing good if Romney is elected (after this nail I think we can call his campaign dead put him in the coffin) John Stewart and Colbert will such an easy job ahead of them for the next 4 years.

Romney is his own worst enemy in this campaign. What was the GOP thinking when they picked him? I know Anybody But. They took their own BS too serious this time.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
From an outsiders perspective, American politics is fantastic entertainment. Not sure I would want the same pantomime here and the current divisiveness being displayed by both sides in your politics is getting ugly.

However that was a funny clip and made me laugh out loud, which was nice.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Romney is there to give Obama the election...just like John Kerry handed it to Bush, Sarah Palin handed it to Obama, etc.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Foxnews viewers are easily some of the least intelligent members of our society.

IQ tests need to be a mandatory part of the voting process - for voters and candidates alike

Stupidity is a legitimate impairment - we don't allow blind people to drive, we shouldn't let idiots vote.

Have an IQ less than 90? Sorry, but I don't want you having a say in my government.
This is a pretty good idea. Although I wouldn't endorse completely eliminating voting privileges, it would be nice to know the intelligence quotient of the people responsible for this disaster. I even think a basic political test would be quite interesting as well. I would revel in the state of confusion and dismissive attitudes people would assume when they finally realize how stupid they really are. Of course stupid people don't realize their own plight, it's one of the symptoms of being infected with stupidity.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Yeah a short, basic quiz on geography/history wouldn't hurt either.

Maybe just..."Point to Wisconsin on a map" or "What was Roe v. Wade about?"

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Is there really any point in having an election?

This is very sad and pathetic.

Yet the media will still try and sell it to the mostly dumb public that it will be a close run thing.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

reply to post by GD21D

Yeah a short, basic quiz on geography/history wouldn't hurt either.

Maybe just..."Point to Wisconsin on a map" or "What was Roe v. Wade about?"

Exactly. Or some questions like. What political ideology did Saddam Hussein follow? Or if you want to really throw them a curve, what's the difference between a republic and a democracy? Seems to be a lot of confusion with the masses on that one.Apologies to the OP for going off topic.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I cant admit to know too much about US Politics, not being from the US. But Jon Stewart is hilarious, even though the subject matter is extremely serious.
I think you could scratch out Obama and Romney's names and replace them with Gillard and Abbott and the sarcasm and wit from Stewart would still fit perfectly.
Politician's the world over although puppets to those who must be obeyed seem to be so far out of touch with the pain ordinary people are feeling its ridiculous.
OP thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Stewart is a comedic genius. The whole Daily Show is. Sometimes they're so frighteningly to the point, that i ask myself how much the saying is true: (political) satire is actually 'system stabilizing'.

Finger-Pointing Blame-Game
This bit should be mandatory for educational purposes in every political debate forum, here on ATS.

"Seriously dude, how come you're not seeing this."

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

What would be the IQ of people voting a second time for this current disaster of a POTUS?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Your threads are so good lol..

Fox news is a joke, they can't handle they have an absolute idiot presidential candidate to defend.

They also can't handle that their 50% of the country do not pay taxes talking point has been debunked.
edit on 21-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

What would be the IQ of the people voting for the Bush's admin 3rd term?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
You see Colbert making fun of Romney for saying his wording wasn't elegant enough in the 47% vid? He put on a top hat and made a satirical speech topping it off by throwing shrimp to a group of people with their mouths open for free handouts.

Can't find it on youtube. Here's the link to it on Colbert's site.www.colbertnation.com...

"We job creators know there is no such thing as a free lunch. Lunch is 50,000 a plate."

Colbert and Stewart have a huge influence on the young vote for Obama.
edit on 9/21/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Thanks for posting.
"...Romney jazz, it's the words you don't hear."
Good stuff.

Fair and balanced huh... Bull S**t!!
Bull S**t on Bull S**t mountain!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

My thoughts exactly. It's all staged and people buy into it. Us citizens need to pull together and put on the ballot a third person that would benifit them all instead of going with who the madia tells them to vote for.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

If a requirement to have a voter ID is racist, how in the blue hell is this not racist?

2nd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join