It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More objects near the sun?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Did a search of the youtube links and the video names and got no results. If they've been posted before then by all means i'll give credit, but i just stumbled upon these today so its kinda news to me, so i wanted to post these to hear everyone's opinion. If you can debunk it by all means do so , i personally think the ship looking one might be fake but thats just me.

This is the first one from Early August till the 31st I believe. Now during these times we had both full moons (blue moon) during August, jus pointing that.

Now this video is a little weirder but yet again if it can be debunked then by all means do so. Personally i've only just watched them and havn't paid much attention to the details on how easy it is to edit footage from the Stereo Cams so idk.

This video however I did pay close attention to. For those who havn't read the first link in my Sig , then you'll notice that these lights that show up are eerily similiar to the ones myself and hundreds of others in South Carolina. Also look at the dates of the video. On the 7th is when I seen the lights, on the 9th is when my sister and hundreds of others reported seeing them in the sky , cept my sister seen them in the cul de sac like myself.

Like I said, its 2012 , there is no such thing as coincidence people. Read the following link to see what is happening all around us this month and last month, spread awareness people
The Return is happening NOW!!
edit on 20-9-2012 by ZeroUnlmtd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
First video is showing Venus.
Second video is showing cosmic ray strikes on the CCD of the cameras.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

yea like i said i didn't pay much attention to the first 2, however the 3rd caught my eye when i seen the dates for those mystery lights, which look just like the ones we seen here on the exact same dates, late at night though. No such thing as coincidence so as crazy as it sounds, i'll go so far as to believe there were lights around the sun that night, cause they were around the moon shortly before during the blue moon.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

Sorry. I meant the first two are Venus.
The third is cosmic ray strikes on the sensor. They appear quite frequently.
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
edit on 9/20/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
My rule of thumb: if videos like these have spooky soundtracks then they're bogus.

But seriously: there are allegedly anomalous objects appearing in these public images for years and the only people who have figured it out are laymen posting Youtube vids? Use your noggin.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You can take pics of the sun with a regular digital and find all sorts of goodies.
That aren't even there. I used to have one of Satan riding a pyramid. Deleted it. Way to much for ATS even.

edit on 20-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

No personal disrespect intended OP, but, I really do wish people would stop posting these "something near the sun" videos to Youtube where they invariably wind up here.

How many times are we going to get told of impending alien invasion by spaceships bigger than Earth moving in from the sun?

Protip: look at all the other "something near the sun" videos posted here on ATS and you'll usually find the same answer that will apply to anything that's being tempted to be posted.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
First video is showing Venus.
Second video is showing cosmic ray strikes on the CCD of the cameras.

In the first vid the timing seems to indicate this being Mercury. Just trying to learn what I did wrong if this is Venus.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Yeah. First is Mercury.
Second is Venus.
Third is cosmic rays.

My eyes tend to glaze over when it comes to "something near the Sun" threads.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Lol dont shoot the messenger, I posted it as I seen it jus in case someone one here was jus dying for that next post to sink their noggins into. We pretty much took this journey together cause i only really watched the 3rd one so i figured the first two seemed legit
, who knows maybe it isn't any of them reasons that claim to debunk it, maybe its Nostradamus in his Delorian waiting to meet up with e.t. and all his cousins too have lunch with Boba Fett on Tatooine

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hey OP, thanks for sharing!

There definitely have been some interesting objects near the Sun over the last couple of years, this would be near the top of the list:

Here is another compilation:

Objects near the Sun compilation

Everyone has the right to an opinion or try to debunk anything on ATS; however those suggesting OP's should stop posting threads such as these - subjects like this are the raison d'etre of ATS - there are many far more outlandish threads than this on ATS - if these kind of posts bother you ignore them or maybe more mainstream websites such as Huffington Post may better suit your level of credulity.

No one has the right to suggest OP's stop posting threads such as this - read the ATS T&C's.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

My eyes tend to glaze over when it comes to "something near the Sun" threads.

I hear ya and I don't know how you put up with it but I'm glad you do. If not for the posts from you and some others I might have become one of the duped. Seriously, thank you.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

In the third vid at about 4:46 it shows an object labeled Mercury. It is NOT Mercury, neither Mercury nor Venus were in that position on 9-19-2012.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

First one is a crown filament cavity. Not exactly an object, just a lack of plasma.
people.hao.ucar.edu...

Second one(s) are planets, cosmic ray strikes, and instrument artifacts. Not one "object near the Sun".

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

yea I see what the first two are, the third however you can tell me its cosmic candy but im not convinced, the dates for those lights were on days that I witnessed with my own two eyes from my porch, lights phasing in and out of existence in my cul de sac, shortly after my sister and I seen them again, by now I had dubbed them "light brights", these incredibly bright lights that float around phasing in and out, very spooky stuff, that was on the 7th and on the 9th my sister seen the same thing again around the same time as on the 7th so that there is too much coincidence, wasn't cosmic rays flyin at my face at 2 AM. And those lights in the 3rd video do some eerily similar things as the light brights here did

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Your username says it all.
You are of course entitled to beleive whatever hysterical nonsense you want.

I suggest, however, some due diligence in actually researching what one is looking at, comparing it to other videos at the very least, if not actually attempting to understand solar mechanics as well as known objects, optical hazards, and known camera defects.

Too often these video get quick posted like they've never been seen before and it's simply the most amazing thing omg-evar, when in fact, it's just the same thing that's been going on around the sun since there's been a sun for things to go on around.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You will find those "lights" in nearly every image from the STEREO spacecraft and SOHO. They are the result of cosmic rays striking the CCD. SDO has more shielding than the other spacecraft so it requires more energetic particles to reach the sensor. We don't see them quite as often.

I have no idea what you saw but it is cosmic ray strikes in the solar images.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Your username says it all.
You are of course entitled to beleive whatever hysterical nonsense you want.

I suggest, however, some due diligence in actually researching what one is looking at, comparing it to other videos at the very least, if not actually attempting to understand solar mechanics as well as known objects, optical hazards, and known camera defects.

Too often these video get quick posted like they've never been seen before and it's simply the most amazing thing omg-evar, when in fact, it's just the same thing that's been going on around the sun since there's been a sun for things to go on around.

I guess it's a good thing I warned everyone that I didn't know if they had been debunked or even legit to begin with, minus the 3rd one, you couldn't convince me if you tried , not even with a MIB memory eraser

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

No one has the right to suggest OP's stop posting threads such as this - read the ATS T&C's.

She didn't suggest that and quit impersonating a mod.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

No personal disrespect intended OP, but, I really do wish people would stop posting these "something near the sun" videos to Youtube where they invariably wind up here.

How many times are we going to get told of impending alien invasion by spaceships bigger than Earth moving in from the sun?

Protip: look at all the other "something near the sun" videos posted here on ATS and you'll usually find the same answer that will apply to anything that's being tempted to be posted.

If you don't like this kind of thread move alone As for Me S & F
we can't all be watching the sun all the time.
It just i do not whan to miss the real one when it come alone.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join