It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG - Obama has got to be the most corrupt President we've ever elected

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
It's common knowledge politicians get their boots spit-shined before they march in the big parade.

Still, rather than how a very biased 'news' site characterizes Obama, I ask myself how his opponent characterizes me.

In Romney's own words, he lies about me and many people I know. He disparages us with dishonest & contemptuous stereotypes.

Granted, Obama is not perfect. He's on equal footing with Romney in that regard. The difference is Obama gives a #e about the small guy. Romney clearly does not.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Whether or not he lied about his childhood or even his law school and teaching career has no bearing on corrupt his administration is. Want corrupt presidential administrations? Try looking at Grant's and Warren G Hardings.

I'm no defender of Obama. The guy has coddled the Bush II WH war criminals, along with his own administration's war criminals, including himself, and has protected the Wall Street fat cats and British Petroleum and Haliburton from criminal prosecutions, but you bring up his supposed lying about his childhood.

This is the problem with right-wingers: all they do is hate the opposition -- and for the most ridiculous of reasons. This hate is also likely race-based, to wit: the recent spate of hangings of the "Obama" chair, and various racist cartoons sent around via email by the likes of local GOP party officials across the country. If these folks really wanted to make an argument against Obama, there is plenty of legitimate grievances, but they go after these cuckoo concerns that they have heard from other right-wing propagandists. And the puppet masters of these right-wing propagandists don't want to go after legitimate crimes of the Obama administration because such items are business-as-usual to the right-wing politicians in the pockets of Wall Street finance, the military industrial complex and the police state.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Don't lose faith. I think more people see it than you realize. The issue is that there is a vast silent majority, so you don't get to read them the way you can more out-spoken people. Your post was spot-on...it's all broken, it's all corrupted, both sides in it for their own special interests, and those special interests don't include (in fact are opposed to) the very citizens they are supposed to be representing.

However, discussing how corrupt one presidential candidate's record is...is NOT quibbling. I'm not sure how you get to the root of the systemic problem if you don't start addressing the underlying inherit corruption of the people who are committing malfeasance in office...and that includes everyone up there.

The problem (as I believe loam has pointed out repeatedly) is that the partisanship of the VOTERS makes them not want to admit the pervasive corruption on both sides. They want to fix the OTHER side, but they don't want to fix it when it is THEIR side.

edit on 9-22-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
reply to post by Valhall

Whether or not he lied about his childhood or even his law school and teaching career has no bearing on corrupt his administration is. Want corrupt presidential administrations? Try looking at Grant's and Warren G Hardings.

As we've discussed more than once, WE were not involved in Grant or Warren's election. I think Abraham Lincoln beat either of those, as I stated before.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by damoney

I would like to address this.

First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.

www.ssa.gov...

The Area Number is assigned by the geographical region. Prior to 1972, cards were issued in local Social Security offices around the country and the Area Number represented the State in which the card was issued. This did not necessarily have to be the State where the applicant lived, since a person could apply for their card in any Social Security office. Since 1972, when SSA began assigning SSNs and issuing cards centrally from Baltimore, the area number assigned has been based on the ZIP code in the mailing address provided on the application for the original Social Security card. The applicant's mailing address does not have to be the same as their place of residence. Thus, the Area Number does not necessarily represent the State of residence of the applicant, either prior to 1972 or since.

Thus, the Area Number does not necessarily represent the State of residence of the applicant, either prior to 1972 or since.

This did not necessarily have to be the State where the applicant lived, since a person could apply for their card in any Social Security office.

I thought I would just point this out.
We want to make sure our facts are correct.

edit on 21-9-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

Here is a link to SS numbers by state: www.mrfa.org... - I understand what you are stating but why Connecticut? Was the chosen one visiting there that week and decided to get his SS card then and there. Doesn't make much sense if you stop to think about it. I was born in a particular state and so were others that I know. All of our SS numbers jive and represent the state that we were born in, period. Here is another interesting tidbit: www.freerepublic.com... - BTW these are not facts that I created out of thin air. I received these supposed facts in a most recent email and decided to post them here when I came across this particular post. In this universe anything is possible but some things just never make sense. Now if Obama seemed anything close to being a trustworthy individual, my opinion that he is a lying SOS just might change. Oops did I say change?
edit on 22-9-2012 by damoney because: misspelled word

edit on 22-9-2012 by damoney because: Word Missing

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Everyone on this thread griping about Obama: you act like you've never had an unsatisfying President before.

What gives?

edit on 21-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

It is funny isn't it? Is Obama corrupt-Yes. The entire system is corrupt. The laughable part of this are the people in thread who believe electing someone running in a corrupt system will change anything.

We have to change something!

These $$$ trillion dollar deficits must come to an end.

Obama is already on his way to Oahu for retirement.

The address is : 210 North Kalaheo Avenue

Zillow.com shows it was taken off the market at on $29,000,000.

Plenty of room for the secret service.

- Oceanfront Estate -

Use Google maps and the yellow stickman.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by damoney

First President to take a 17 day vacation.

news.yahoo.com...

President Bush spent 180 days on his Crawford Ranch and at Camp David during his first 31 months in office, according to CBS News.

President Clinton spent 28 days on vacation during his first 31 months in office according to CBS News.

President Reagan spent 112 days on vacation during his first 31 months in office according to CBS News.

Seems that some of your points need some more fact checking.

Again... not my points but rather someone else out there sent me these through an email. Besides Bush was actually working at the time of his 'vacation' to help plan the whole 9-11 fiasco, away form the general government workers populace. Maybe the person who stated these claims actually meant days in consecutive for all I know. What about that forged, non-flattened image of his supposed birth certificate that was released to the general public? I know my way around graphics programs quite well and somebody really screwed that one up big time...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You are right: Obama is The Destroyer of America

Great story in www.thedcpost.com about this.

What Obama declared shortly before the 2008 election that “We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America” has proven to be right on the button … and apply perhaps even more today:

In less than four years, Barack Obama has fundamentally transformed America. It doesn’t take much imagination to know how much more damage he’d do if given four more years. Read the whole article about how this guy has systematically destroyed what we built over 200 years.
Copy and paste this link, it will take you there

thedcpost.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

At least we pick on one guy you tattoo every conservative with an insulting brush; tell us what we think and "giddily"slap each other on The back afterwards Romney has never waged a declared (or undeclared) war from Massachusetts but how many posts claim he's a "warmonger"????????? _
reply to post by 46ACE

I'm not claiming that liberal's don't attack conservatives, but it gets kind of ridiculous to see two or three Obama hate threads a day on ATS. It's clearly a witch hunt against the current president. Comparing him to Hitler and saying he's the most corrupt president is really going out on a limb. These threads are constantly blaming him for the economy when it should be squarely placed on Bush who had a republican controlled congress and senate that passed every blank check he signed. The Iraq and Afghan war spending over a billion dollars a day was no drop in the bucket either. With all the complaints about lost freedoms, it was Bush who implemented the Patriot Act.

As far as accusations of conservatives being war mongers, listen to your candidates stance on using military means to settle disputes. The republican platform is against cutting the military budget. They support Israel militarily, and you also had a president four years ago that declared war on a sovereign nation who had nothing to do with 9/11! He changed the mission in Iraq (3 times) to keep our troops stationed there. You had a candidate like John McCain who thinks every solution to world problems should be met with military action. (He's still fighting the Vietnam War in his own mind). He's the candidate that phrased the song "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran."

Conservatives are called warmongers and neocons for a reason. If the shoe fits, wear it!

I'm not too warm and fuzzy with either party, but I find the republican party losing their foundation. You had a decent candidate with Ron Paul, but the party turned their backs on him. They would rather try to satisfy the wacko extreme segments of their party, rather than siding with a candidate that would have taken some moderate liberal votes from Obama and possibly win the presidency.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

it may be broken...but its all we have darn it!!

we even package and sell it to the world......

but really do you think its broken...or doing exactly what its supposed to do.

packed with loop holes, nontransparent, agendas, corruption......all in one place...its beautiful

lol
peace

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeLynde
You are right: Obama is The Destroyer of America

audacious comments

have you forgotten what state the country was in during and after bush??

also, who else was there to vote for?? (rhetorical)

but yea...do your election thingy...im enjoying the show....very entertaining.
i think obama loves it as well.

peace

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

At least we pick on one guy you tattoo every conservative with an insulting brush; tell us what we think and "giddily"slap each other on The back afterwards Romney has never waged a declared (or undeclared) war from Massachusetts but how many posts claim he's a "warmonger"????????? _
reply to post by 46ACE

I'm not claiming that liberal's don't attack conservatives, but it gets kind of ridiculous to see two or three Obama hate threads a day on ATS. It's clearly a witch hunt against the current president. Comparing him to Hitler and saying he's the most corrupt president is really going out on a limb. These threads are constantly blaming him for the economy when it should be squarely placed on Bush who had a republican controlled congress and senate that passed every blank check he signed. The Iraq and Afghan war spending over a billion dollars a day was no drop in the bucket either. With all the complaints about lost freedoms, it was Bush who implemented the Patriot Act.

As far as accusations of conservatives being war mongers, listen to your candidates stance on using military means to settle disputes. The republican platform is against cutting the military budget. They support Israel militarily, and you also had a president four years ago that declared war on a sovereign nation who had nothing to do with 9/11! He changed the mission in Iraq (3 times) to keep our troops stationed there. You had a candidate like John McCain who thinks every solution to world problems should be met with military action. (He's still fighting the Vietnam War in his own mind). He's the candidate that phrased the song "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran."

Conservatives are called warmongers and neocons for a reason. If the shoe fits, wear it!

I'm not too warm and fuzzy with either party, but I find the republican party losing their foundation. You had a decent candidate with Ron Paul, but the party turned their backs on him. They would rather try to satisfy the wacko extreme segments of their party, rather than siding with a candidate that would have taken some moderate liberal votes from Obama and possibly win the presidency.

We have to call it the way it is.

The consulate attack in Benghazi is the latest disgrace.

Ambassador Chris Stevens deserves better than that.

The Obama administration trotted out a false narrative for a week.

Now Jay Carney and Hillary are revealing the obvious.

It was a pre-planned attack by Al Qaeda. They hit the consulate and then they hit the

safe house about half a mile away.

Ambassador Chris Stevens was tortured before they killed him.

------------

During the Univision interview Obama tried to once again blame the movie.

Bad news for Obama: The War on Terror is back. Time to wake up!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Originally posted by Valhall
The problem (as I believe loam has pointed out repeatedly) is that the partisanship of the VOTERS makes them not want to admit the pervasive corruption on both sides. They want to fix the OTHER side, but they don't want to fix it when it is THEIR side.

Exactly.

And this is what scares me the most!!!

I have no clue how we go about fixing THAT....

Seems an impossible task.

We have a populous (even the educated ones) that is convinced the problem is ONLY with the other side. So with football-team-mentality squarely in place, we continue to see gridlock, deceit, malfeasance, and a steady deterioration of everything else around us.

It's hard not to lose hope...
edit on 22-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Valhall

Originally posted by Valhall

Exactly.

And this is what scares me the most!!!

I have no clue how we go about fixing THAT....

Seems an impossible task.

We have a populous (even the educated ones) that is convinced the problem lay ONLY with the other side. So with football-team-mentality squarely in place, we continue to see gridlock, deceit, malfeasance, and a steady deterioration of everything else around us.

It's hard not to lose hope...

Well, it has been that way since 1776.

Welcome to Washington DC.

We have everything we need to fix this problem.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Perhaps...

But then it further makes the point that this isn't really fixable. Maybe the acceleration of our demise is amplified by the facility of our technology. Fraud and manipulation can be perpetrated on a completely different scale now.

THE PEOPLE are no match for the inherent deficiencies of our governance. And our leadership becomes more pedestrian with each new election cycle.

Pick any founding father and show me a comparable intellect in politics today.

What we have now is a misinformed populous...an absence of meaningful leadership...and a world far more complicated than it has ever been before.

Sadly, I am becoming convinced that the GRAND EXPERIMENT will eventually end, proving the rule rather than the exception of all other forms of human governance for the past 6000 years. The guiding principles that founded this nation have been either been largely lost, distorted, or abandoned altogether. Take your pick.

Maybe it's just my present mood, but I see a very dark future ahead of us.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Perhaps...

But then it further makes the point that this isn't really fixable. Maybe the acceleration of our demise is amplified by the facility of our technology. Fraud and manipulation can be perpetrated on a completely different scale now.

THE PEOPLE are no match for the inherent deficiencies of our governance. And our leadership becomes more pedestrian with each new election cycle.

Pick any founding father and show me a comparable intellect in politics today.

What we have now is a misinformed populous...an absence of meaningful leadership...and a world far more complicated than it has ever been before.

Sadly, I am becoming convinced that the GRAND EXPERIMENT will eventually end, proving the rule rather than the exception of all other forms of human governance for the past 6000 years. The guiding principles that founded this nation have been either been largely lost, distorted, or abandoned altogether. Take your pick.

Maybe it's just my present mood, but I see a very dark future ahead of us.

Wrong again!

It's different now in the year 2012.

The MSM no longer has a monopoly over the news.

- Fox News is #1 -

NBC is losing money! Jay Leno had to take a 50% pay cut! Really, he did!

NBC is a Marxist Variety Hour and everyone is switching channels to Fox News.

Bill O'Reilly - The Factor & Sean Hannity have the eye balls during primetime.

---------------
Also millions go straight to the Drudge Report.

--------------
American Exceptionalism will save us again.

Our future is very bright.

- American Exceptionalism -

This will be the Electoral Map November 7, 2012.

edit on 22-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What about the article on MSNBC that spoke about whites having a lower life span than everyone else because of their education?

Could it be that the reason why the GOP is against education is that they are actually trying to get rid of a certain demographic in America?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dryson
What about the article on MSNBC that spoke about whites having a lower life span than everyone else because of their education?

Could it be that the reason why the GOP is against education is that they are actually trying to get rid of a certain demographic in America?

Ignore MSNBC. They are losing money. Jay Leno had to take a 50% pay cut.

MSNBC = Marxist Variety Hour

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Originally posted by Ghost375
C'mon Obama supporters, here's your chance!
Vote Romney!!!!! That way Obama will be the second most corrupt president we've ever elected!

Sorry, the guy before him who lied to start the longest and
Most expensive war in US history is the most corrupt .
Romney would have to invade Mexico to win

careful what you wish for i wouldent be surprised if it did happen

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Come on he's cool , he has a good hook shot, and hangs with Jay-Z and Beyonce. He gets a pass for crap like that

Exactly, and that's what make Obama so insidious, and in my view even more dangerous than Bush. At least with Bush the media wasn't so complacent and the population weren't so asleep, every move Bush made was scrutinized, and even though he got away with murder, he wasn't given a free pass in the court of public opinion. Meanwhile Obama can do no wrong, the same people who chastised Bush for the patriot act care not that Obama has reinstated it several times and even gone a step further with the NDAA. Everyone was up in arms about Bush's illegal wars but then Obama really took the cake in Libya when he skirted the war powers act by calling it a "kinetic military action". What makes Obama so dangerous is that people actually believe his b.s.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join