It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney and Beck say we're all catholics now...are we? What is the whore playing at?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

So your earlier questions were not really inquizitive, but rather debative. I though you genuinely wanted to understand these things, but you do not. Only to find fault and lift up conviction of your beliefs outside of scripture.

Passover is the 14th of Abib in the Hebrew calender and falls on a different day of the week every year, if you are observing it in obedience to God's scriptures. If you keep it after sunset on a Saturday every year, you are not in obedience to God's laws regarding it's keeping.

If you really want to know God's truth ask a genuine question with a willingness to learn (humility) and let the response lead you to God's word not mine, if you wanted to find fault and convict yourself of your rightness, I will not continue this discussion with you.

God Bless,
edit on 21-9-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Originally posted by LeSigh

Originally posted by chizeled
I find this video to be informative that suggests that Simon the Sorcerer from Acts chapter 8 founded the Catholic Church:

Historically, it is affirmed that there was only one Church. Schisms and whatnot are well documented. Acts even records their first ecumenical council. So, just a question for you- If you actually believe that Simon the Sorcerer founded the Catholic Church, then are you one of those that believes in the undocumented secret underground church that didn't come out of hiding until the Great Awakening/Protestant Reformation/insert date of your denomination's founding?

No, God's true church has always been small. The "small flock"; even today God's true church is extreamly small and mocked daily. They are not in hiding, just not accepted for the awesome truth that is revealed through it.

God's true church has existed since Pentecost 31AD through to today. It was never Catholic and it has no part in the protestant reformation.

But it doesn't matter, this is the Day of the Lord, and God will reveal His truth to all in His perfect timing, whether in this age or after 1000 years.

So, you're one of these guys? Church of God Preparing for the Kingdom of God

Weinland seems to think that the end is coming next year, not in 1000 years.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Therefore there is no reason whatso ever that any Godly service should be conduted on the day of the week dedicated to Sun god worship (Sunday) except the authority of the Catholic Church

If you think that God cares what day you go to church, I think that you've missed the point of Christ and his teachings.

If you think the only sign/mark/symbol God says in His own words in scripture is false, then you call God's word a liar.

"If you love me, keep my commandments".. "the words I give are not mine, but of my Father in Heaven"

God commands the observance of His weekly Sabbath as the only sign/mark/symbol that you live the laws of God. This is God's words not mine.

I don't know, this guy thinks that's not the case, you're welcome to go argue with him. I stand by my earlier statement -- you denigrate Christ when you teach that salvation is about what day you go to church.

Salvation is about the repentance of sin, through the Passover sacrifice of Jesus Christ given by God to make it possible to repent of sin.

What is sin?

The transgression of God's eternal law.

What is God's eternal law?

His commandments.

All of them or just some of them?

James 2
"10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

God Commanded His Sabbath be kept forever and throughout your generations as a sign you belong to Him. Now is a good time to take God's own words and believe them, rather then what a religious person told you to believe because it feels better to you.

God Bless,

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Yes I am a member of God's true church, and Ron Weinland is the pastor of it, and the end of mankind's self rule is on Pentecost of next year. But the physical ressurection to physical (mortal) life a second time for a vast majority of mankind occurs after the 1000 years are over, which why I said it that way.

Either God leads you to understand His truth now in this Day of the Lord, or after 1000 years you will be resurrected to physical (mortal) life again and God will proove His truth to you at that time by design. This age of mankind's self rule is NOT the primary age of salvation, only 144,000 are redeemed from this age; the primary time for the majority of mankind to achieve salvation is in the Great White Thrown judgement after the 1000 years to come.

I am NOT one of the ones redeemed from this age (144,000), but I was called to share in the work God is doing. This thread is part of that in time God will make it clear.

God Bless,

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by ElohimJD

The "command" was to REMEMBER the Sabbath. The Sabbath is a day of rest. Furthermore, it must be observed on a 360 day lunar calendar. If you're using the 365 day Gregorian calendar and thinking every Saturday is the "Sabbath" you are quite off.

Every 7th day is the Sabbath since the re-creation of this planet for mankind, regarless of the number of 7 day weeks that are counted in a year. 7 days by 7 days, Sabbath by Sabbath. Every 7th day is still a Saturday whether using a 360 day count or 365.

Only the number of Sabbaths in a given year would be effected by this change, not the day of the week.

God Bless,

Your math is off. Every year you would be off by 2 days. Multiply that by how many years the western world has been using the Gregorian calendar.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

reply to post by LeSigh

So your earlier questions were not really inquizitive, but rather debative. I though you genuinely wanted to understand these things, but you do not. Only to find fault and lift up conviction of your beliefs outside of scripture.

Passover is the 14th of Abib in the Hebrew calender and falls on a different day of the week every year, if you are observing it in obedience to God's scriptures. If you keep it after sunset on a Saturday every year, you are not in obedience to God's laws regarding it's keeping.

If you really want to know God's truth ask a genuine question with a willingness to learn (humility) and let the response lead you to God's word not mine, if you wanted to find fault and convict yourself of your rightness, I will not continue this discussion with you.

God Bless,

I wanted to know where you were coming from. However, your information about other groups and what we believe is just plain wrong. You need correcting for your faulty information. What the Church does is based on scripture. Ignoring what you're told about what Apostolic churches believe (by those in said churches) to insist that you're right and we're wrong is madness. I know what I believe and why I believe it. I know what my Church teaches. You don't have to believe it with me, but you're disagreeing with positions we just don't hold.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Lovely, hate filled title, JG. I know you are smart enough to know their point was that they stand with Catholics in defense of our First Amendment freedom of religions rights that are being stripped away.

You choose to rant against the catholic faith while our Constitution is getting dismantled.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The "command" was to REMEMBER the Sabbath. The Sabbath is a day of rest. Furthermore, it must be observed on a 360 day lunar calendar. If you're using the 365 day Gregorian calendar and thinking every Saturday is the "Sabbath" you are quite off.

Every 7th day is the Sabbath since the re-creation of this planet for mankind, regarless of the number of 7 day weeks that are counted in a year. 7 days by 7 days, Sabbath by Sabbath. Every 7th day is still a Saturday whether using a 360 day count or 365.

Only the number of Sabbaths in a given year would be effected by this change, not the day of the week.

God Bless,

Your math is off. Every year you would be off by 2 days. Multiply that by how many years the western world has been using the Gregorian calendar.

Every 7th day is a Saturday, when New Years Day comes, we do not reset our days of the week to begin each year with a Sunday.

Your logic is off, think about what you wrote. Every 7th day is a Saturday no matter how many Saturdays fall in a given year, this is not complicated to see clearly. The only math needing to be applied is counting to 7, what do we call the day of the week 7 days from now, the answer is always the same as today, regardless of days in a year.

God Bless,

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Yes I am a member of God's true church, and Ron Weinland is the pastor of it, and the end of mankind's self rule is on Pentecost of next year.

Just curious, what's the contingency plan if that doesn't happen? There was some obvious "goal post moving" last May when this prophecy didn't come to pass, but how many more times can that happen? I also note that Weinland is due to be sentenced for tax evasion at the end of next month, how does that play into his beliefs?

Sorry, there are way too many red flags with your church to lead me to believe that it's anything other than an offshoot of Armstrong's breakaway Seventh Day Adventist sect. Everyone thinks that they belong to the "true church", but there's probably no such thing.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh

reply to post by LeSigh

God Bless,

I wanted to know where you were coming from. However, your information about other groups and what we believe is just plain wrong. You need correcting for your faulty information. What the Church does is based on scripture. Ignoring what you're told about what Apostolic churches believe (by those in said churches) to insist that you're right and we're wrong is madness. I know what I believe and why I believe it. I know what my Church teaches. You don't have to believe it with me, but you're disagreeing with positions we just don't hold.

In my posting you will see I mentioned those doctrines have there authority in the Catholic Church, if your church does not keep some of them, then you are not going against scripture in that area and do not need to come out of it.

I am not right, God is right, we are all wrong; except when we live God's truth in us, then God's righteous ways become ours over a lifetime; but it is not us, it is God living in us.

The greatest lesson in this age is that all mankind is wrong and only God is right.

fyi, I was called out of the Catholic Church where i was raised for 25 years. I know more about what the Catholic Church believes then most and I have the understanding to make these claims against her doctrines. I do not know your faith obviously, but my post was about non-scriptoral doctrines that have their authority in the Catholic Church only.

God Bless,

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yes I am a member of God's true church, and Ron Weinland is the pastor of it, and the end of mankind's self rule is on Pentecost of next year.

Just curious, what's the contingency plan if that doesn't happen? There was some obvious "goal post moving" last May when this prophecy didn't come to pass, but how many more times can that happen? I also note that Weinland is due to be sentenced for tax evasion at the end of next month, how does that play into his beliefs?

Sorry, there are way too many red flags with your church to lead me to believe that it's anything other than an offshoot of Armstrong's breakaway Seventh Day Adventist sect. Everyone thinks that they belong to the "true church", but there's probably no such thing.

You can see my replies in the thread dedicated to this topic if you are interrested. No need to de-rail this one.

God Bless,

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

My logic isn't off whatsoever. When the calendar changed from a lunar to a 365 day Gregorian the "Sabbath" was off, to the tune of 5 days per year, or two days however you wish to approach the discrepancy. I mean no offense, but math isn't a strong suit is it?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

My logic isn't off whatsoever. When the calendar changed from a lunar to a 365 day Gregorian the "Sabbath" was off, to the tune of 5 days per year, or two days however you wish to approach the discrepancy. I mean no offense, but math isn't a strong suit is it?

My math is actually my strongest suit. lol

Today is a Friday, 7 days from now is a Friday.

Tomorrow is a Saturday, 7 days from then is another Saturday. In both Hebrew and Gregorian calenders tomorrow is a Saturday and 7 days from then it will be a Saturday.

The number of days in a year (360 vs. 365) and the number of years since the adoption (2 days a year x years since it began) of the Gregorian calendar are effected by the discrepacny in days as you suggested, but it has nothing to do with a 7 day week, which is consistant and alligned in both calendars forever.

If you still insist the 7 days week is effected by the calendar discrepancies, then we will need to agree to disagree, because this is going nowhere.

God Bless,

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Stop thinking about "today", the Gregorian calendar was instituted centuries ago. The discrepancy between the two calendars is 5 1/3 days every year. With every 3rd year those of us on a Gregorian picking up an entire day ahead of the folks on a lunar calendar. Do you not see the difference between 365 1/3 and 360? That's why the Lord instituted a lunar-based calendar for observance of days.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

It is true, changes have been made to our calendar, but the 7 days of the week have always remained constant.

Thursday - October 5, 1582 was followed by Friday - October 15, 1582. (Per Pope Gregory XIII)
Date changed, yet days of the week remain the same.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You may disagree with the Church, millions and millions have. But honestly, I'm worried about the degree of hatred you're showing. It's almost as though you've been looking at one idea or event over, and over, and over, until it's filled your mind, leaving no room for anything else.
reply to post by charles1952

I started reading the posts on this thread on page 1, and was just about to dismiss this as another hate thread, when I came upon your two posts on the first page,and it renewed my belief that there still are good people that aren't filled with ignorance and hatred. Thanks, my friend, for restoring my faith in humanity.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The amount of hate and confused incorrect information about the Catholic Church and the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits) spewed in the title of this thread and on the first page alone is enough to make me actually worried about the OP. It seems like a conspiracy theorist who has jumped the shark and gone WAY PAST the tinfoil hat stage into a stage that seems a little dangerous actually.

It is good to see some people here who are positive though... Thank You. You make things like this on ATS more bearable.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Dear ProfEmeritus,

You have my blushing thanks for your kind words. Would you mind terribly if I became a little mystical on you? LeSigh and adJensen are the people to whom I would steer readers of this thread. They have combined the logic and reason of their words with the beauty of devotional videos. By directing these two gifts to God, they have presented a prayer service within this thread.

Other posters? They remind me that we are all fallen creatures and we all (especially I) need forgiveness.

Thanks again for your kind words.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

You may disagree with the Church, millions and millions have. But honestly, I'm worried about the degree of hatred you're showing. It's almost as though you've been looking at one idea or event over, and over, and over, until it's filled your mind, leaving no room for anything else.
reply to post by charles1952

I started reading the posts on this thread on page 1, and was just about to dismiss this as another hate thread, when I came upon your two posts on the first page,and it renewed my belief that there still are good people that aren't filled with ignorance and hatred. Thanks, my friend, for restoring my faith in humanity.

I also concur with your response. BY the way as defined catholic with a Small c is christian that's all. Regardless of keeping the Sabbath Holy etc etc to be christian is to Not Hate. Love thy Neighbor
even Mitt Romney but you do NOT have to vote for him or anyone.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Lovely, hate filled title, JG. I know you are smart enough to know their point was that they stand with Catholics in defense of our First Amendment freedom of religions rights that are being stripped away.

You choose to rant against the catholic faith while our Constitution is getting dismantled.

Of course I choose to stand for freedom of religion. My suspicion of what the real agenda behind such media sound-bites is the purpose of this thread and how they contribute to short-circuited thinking at this critical stage in history. Perhaps I could have used a less inflammatory description than 'whore' and better isolate the description away from regular Catholic people (who are not my target) to the power structure of the Vatican.

Unfortunately I have studied inside history (specifically Papal and Jesuit history) way too much to think that what is going on here between politicians, media and religious groups is all innocent and won't be used more sinisterly against people's freedoms than what they were fighting for initially.

This topic probably requires a few too many levels of prior understanding/research (other pieces of the puzzle and levels of awareness) to be an effective topic to talk on in truth. Some will be able to see a few links connected (because the whole topic is very multi-faceted) but many will hit barriers and also feel put in a defensive position that will not lead them to be open to reading the information objectively and discovering what is really going on. I would like to take people with me in seeing what is really going on so they can follow truth. I might have to kill the thread because it is apparent that it is divisive too quickly and is ultimately dealing with too many topics at once that will just fragment people's focus. This topic probably should be broken down into more bite sized chunks like:
- Secret society control of the media, politicians, religion and their ultimate agenda
- Full Biblical analysis of the Sea Beast/Little Horn and 'Mother of Harlots' power
- Terms and conditions of the new covenant and how it relates to the final test and beast's mark
- Proper Biblical understanding of the Sabbath day commandment of the Divine Law and its relation to Biblical prophecy
- History of secret society led wars, revolutions and assassinations
- Understanding mind programming
- What religious authority Rome has, analysis of the teaching of apostolic succession, other doctrines outside of the Bible and how they contribute to harming ones relationship with Jesus and trust in God's Word.
- Understanding non-contradictory accurate Biblical prophecy

This topic is like trying to swallow an elephant.

This topic is relevant because it is the Vatican objective to dismantle the constitution
edit on 23-9-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join