Romney and Beck say we're all catholics now...are we? What is the whore playing at?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I find this video that suggests that Simon the Sorcerer from Acts chapter 8 founded the Catholic Church to be informative:

Originally posted by chizeled
If my theory is correct that the NWO is trying to pass Obama off as the Mahdi then further research of Islamic prophecies indicate that the Islamic idea of Christ, know as Isa, is supposed to return to walk alongside the Mahdi. If the NWO is successful in deceiving Muslims into believing that Obama is the Mahdi then I suspect that the NWO will then present the world with a Christ impersonator or False Prophet to play the part of Isa who returns to walk alongside Obama...David Rothschild could play the part of an antichrist Christ impersonator who pretends to be Christ/Isa/Horus reincarnated. He has everything that it would take to deceive people into believing that he is Christ returned. Rumor also suggests that David Rothschild is Luciferian...
I apologize for not posting this with my earlier post but here is a picture of David Rothschild who I believe can deceive many by saying, according to Matthew 24:5...'I am the Christ.' However, I don't believe that the false prophet/pope will stop there because he can also claim to be Isa and Horus reincarnated in an effort to appeal to as many Muslims and pagans as possible:

Concerning how the false prophet will deceive people into actually believing that he is Christ returned, here are a sampling of videos that support 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

edit on 21-9-2012 by chizeled because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Or the hundreds of other Catholic martyrs in Britain?

Between 1569 and 1605 the Jesuits orchestrated no less than eleven plots against Protestant England, which involved invasion, rebellion, and assassination. Each is known by the leader of the treachery: Ridolfi, Sanders, Gregory XIII, Campion, Parsons, Duke of Guise, Allen, Throgmorten, Parry, Babington, Sixtus V, Philip II of Spain, Yorke, Walpole, Southwell, and Guy Fawkes. In the 1586 “Babington plot” the Jesuits along with other Catholics planned to kill Protestant Queen Elizabeth I, place Catholic Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots on the throne of England and bring England under subjection to the Pope of Rome. That plot was discovered and Mary was executed for her troubles. After the failed Babington plot, the Pope, in league with Philip II of Spain, planned to invade England and bring it under papal control. In 1588 Spain brought the 136 ship Spanish Armada against England. The Sovereign God of the Universe whipped up a freak storm which devastated the Armada and allowed England with only 30 ships to defeat Spain after an eight hour sea battle

source[2011]:Solving the Mystery of Babylon the Great by Edward Hendrie

Tomas More beheaded for treason is barely like the 100+ million Christian's killed by torture, burning and being feed to lions.

The Pope had sent his whole Spanish army to destroy Protestant England, he had sent Guy Fawkes to assassinate King James (the gun powder plot) who has putting together the thorough English Bible translation that would expose all the Roman heretical teaching

Don't pretend that the number of dead were anything like equal...the reformers all pointed out the papacy to be the persecuting power that Revelation and Daniel describes....Protestants have forgotten what they were 'protesting' against, have been infiltrated, castrated and asleep to the much more sophisticated Vatican tactics

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Or, Glenn Beck became part of the LDS church after being a suicidal drug addict. He was on a spiritual quest and was ultimately swayed to become a Mormon by one of his co-workers. Being born into a Catholic family doesn't make one anything if they don't eventually take initiative. It's not as if Glenn Beck has made any of his conversion information a secret. Anyone who even listens to his show occasionally will have heard him go on about it.

Also, your information regarding his time at Yale is ridiculous. Lieberman was a fan of his show, got Beck into one class at Yale, and Beck eventually dropped the class. He was a hardly a Yale student that was accepted into the university, and he was by no means an undergraduate. IIRC, Beck doesn't have a college degree. Whatever Skull and Bones is- Beck is not a member. I believe that can be verified as I'm fairly certain Skull and Bones keeps a list of members past and present somewhere.

As to the Masonic connection, that's pretty simple. Joseph Smith and Brigham Young were both Masons. When Smith invented the LDS church, he based pretty much the entire thing on Masonic rituals. LDS adherents are in denial about it as they are emotionally invested.

Proof is in the pudding, so to speak. Watch this secretly recorded Temple Endowment Ceremony. The last part is particularly influenced by Masonry. And, as an interesting fact, only about three LDS temples don't use the canned voice and movie as they act it out instead.

Now, for the rest of your information on the Jesuits, Vatican, unsubstantiated stories of random people, etcetera- Where did they get their information? What are their sources? Are they verified? I'd bet not. I'd love to see you provide that sort of evidence. Because, I'm telling you, if even one references Jack Chick, Geraldo Rivera (a known con man), or Hislop's The Two Babylons (which was thoroughly debunked as he made up sources), then they're frauds. The first account of the high school girl being told by Romney's dad to infiltrate a Catholic high school reads like a modern day Gothic fiction novella- emphasis on the fiction.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I find this video to be informative that suggests that Simon the Sorcerer from Acts chapter 8 founded the Catholic Church:

Historically, it is affirmed that there was only one Church. Schisms and whatnot are well documented. Acts even records their first ecumenical council. So, just a question for you- If you actually believe that Simon the Sorcerer founded the Catholic Church, then are you one of those that believes in the undocumented secret underground church that didn't come out of hiding until the Great Awakening/Protestant Reformation/insert date of your denomination's founding?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Are you really surprised that in 2000 years some bad people have enterd the Church? I wouldn't want to be a member if none had.

You may disagree with the Church, millions and millions have. But honestly, I'm worried about the degree of hatred you're showing. It's almost as though you've been looking at one idea or event over, and over, and over, until it's filled your mind, leaving no room for anything else.

But do what you have to do. I hope you find peace and love.

The Vatican system has been rotten from the very beginning and has never stopped being rotten. The regular Catholic people have been feed corrupt teaching that hampers establishing a true connection with their only mediator Jesus and it is despicable to me that their trust in their leaders and authorities has been almost completely taken for granted and exploited in so many harness ways.

I will do what I need to do to expose corruption, not only to help the Catholic people that honestly seek God but also for everyone else who has to put up with Jesuit planned control grid for the whole world to help bring in their beast's mark system (that will legally rule masses of people out of Heaven...Satan's ultimate goal). Christian's are meant to expose corruption

(Ephesians 5:11) Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them

This information is meant to get out as part of the 2nd Angels message of Revelation 14 (revealing Babylon to the world). The 3rd Angels message of Revelation 14 is covered in the link in my signature.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'll go one at a time for clarity.

Originally posted by LeSigh
reply to post by ElohimJD

1 & 8. Sunday Services and Weekly Communion instead of annual Passover observance: I’m trying to figure out what is unbiblical about Communion. Perhaps you’d care to elaborate? Every Sunday we celebrate the Resurrection of Christ. We didn’t replace the Sabbath.

Weekly Communion

Communion was established at the last supper, that momment occured on the annual observance of the Passover memorial (Passover day). Jesus Christ's life totally fulfilled the sybolism of the Passover sacrifice for the remission of sins. He was to become God's Passover sacrifice for mankind in place of mankind's sacrifice for God, as performed by adhereance to old testament law. The day was not changed, it was magnified perfectly by the "Lamb" of (belonging to) God, who "takes away the sins of the world" (remission of sins). The last supper, betrayal of Jesus, conviction of Jesus, punishment of Jesus, and ultimately death of Jesus all occured with in the 24 hour Passover day, in perfect unity with God's eternal laws.

The death of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins IS fulfilled in the pre-existing Passover annual observance, it is just that the physical sacrifice of a real first born white lamb was replaced with the memorial service of the body and blood of Jesus Christ in it's place.

Notice what God says about Passover:

Exodus 13:3:
"And Moses said unto the people, Remember this day, in which ye came out from Egypt." (Passover annual observance)
6: "...and it shall be for a sign (mark/becon/symbol) unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes (forehead) that the Lord’s law may be in thy mouth...Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance."

God commanded the Passover to be faithfully observed every year as a memorial of God leading His people out of Egypt. Egypt is symbolic of the slavery of sin, when Jesus Christ paid the price of our sin for us by pefectly fulfilling the role of the Passover Lamb of God on Passover day, He changed the way God's people are to observe that High Day. Rather then slaughtering a lamb that represents Christ, God's people were to then observe the rights of Communion in memorial of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ leading you out of spiritual Egypt (sin). It is only to be done on Passover and only once a year as a memorial, in order for it to be received in a "worthy manner".

Notice also to the OPs point, this use of the word "sign" is the ONLY OCCURANCE IN OT SCRIPTURE that is translated as the same word as "mark" in Revelation.

Sunday Worship

Jesus Christ died just as the sun was setting on Passover day, a few minutes after he was placed in the tomb the first annual High Holy Day began (this is an ANNUAL sabbath), most NT scholars assume this is a weekly Saturday Sabbath, which is why christians celebrate good "Friday", Jesus did not die on a Friday, he died on a Wednesday (Passover) just before sunset.

24 hours later = Thursday afternoon just before sunset. (it was a high day, so no one could go visit his tomb)
24 hours later = Friday afternoon just before sunset. (it was a Friday, so it was a preparation day for the Jews, they would not be able to make the trip to the tomb on this day either.
24 hours later = Saturday afternoon just before sunset. This is the moment of the ressurection of Jesus Christ, after being dead and buried in the earth for exactly 72 hours or 3 days and 3 nights. (same time Jonah was in the belly of the fish).

The next morning (notice what scripture says the angel told the Mary's) "he has risen" (he already had risen). The women did not watch Jesus Christ resurrect on Sunday morning, they arrived Sunday morning (cause the Saturday Sabbath was over) and were told he has already risen (On the Sabbath).

Also understanding the Feast of Unleavened bread will add powerful truth to this study, as the day after the weekly Sabbath within the Feast of unleavened bread is the waife shef offering. This is when the high priest would take the first of the firstfruits (title given to Jesus) of grain and offer them up to be accepted by God, before they could continue the spring harvest. This day would be that Sunday, the day the Mary's arrived at the tomb. Notice when Jesus comes down to them they are told not to touch him, for he has yet to be accepted. Then later in the day, Jesus tell Thomas to touch him. This is awesome because it means that Jesus Christ as the first of the firstfruits of savlation was offered up and accepted on the exact day that it is pictured in god's eternal laws and commandments.

Therefore there is no reason whatso ever that any Godly service should be conduted on the day of the week dedicated to Sun god worship (Sunday) except the authority of the Catholic Church

God Bless

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
...I will do what I need to do to expose corruption, not only to help the Catholic people that honestly seek God but also for everyone else who has to put up with Jesuit planned control grid for the whole world to help bring in their beast's mark system (that will legally rule masses of people out of Heaven...Satan's ultimate goal). Christian's are meant to expose corruption

(Ephesians 5:11) Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them
The Woman on the Beast and Whore of Babylon
Revelations 17:4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. 5 This title was written on her forehead: MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus. When I saw her, I was greatly astonished. Then the angel said to me: "Why are you astonished? I will explain to you the mystery of the woman and of the beast she rides, which has the seven heads and ten horns...This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits.

Revelation 18:4..."Come out of [Babylon], my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues; for her sins are piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her crimes. Give back to her as she has given; pay her back double for what she has done. Mix her a double portion from her own cup. Give her as much torture and grief as the glory and luxury she gave herself. In her heart she boasts, 'I sit as queen; I am not a widow, and I will never mourn.' Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her: death, mourning and famine. She will be consumed by fire, for mighty is the Lord God who judges her..."

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
The Vatican system has been rotten from the very beginning and has never stopped being rotten.

So, you're a Mormon, then? That's a Mormon teaching, that the church fell into apostasy after the last Apostle died. Protestant theologians differ from Catholic teaching that arose over the centuries, but most can cite some point on the timeline, prior to which they say things were fine, and I'm not aware of any who say that happened in the First Century.

it is despicable to me that their trust in their leaders and authorities has been almost completely taken for granted and exploited in so many harness ways.

Well, I always say question authority, but you've demonstrated a number of reasons to distrust you, so I'm not sure that you're doing your cause much good. No Catholic is going to look at what you've posted and come to any conclusion, apart, perhaps, from you being someone filled with irrational hatred toward people who've done nothing to you.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD
Therefore there is no reason whatso ever that any Godly service should be conduted on the day of the week dedicated to Sun god worship (Sunday) except the authority of the Catholic Church

If you think that God cares what day you go to church, I think that you've missed the point of Christ and his teachings.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

2. Christmas: Yes, this was something that began in the fourth century. The Holy Nativity of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ- with Christmas Eve being a strict fast and Christmas itself by celebrating Divine Liturgy in Church. It was at direct odds with what the pagans were doing with their revelry around the same time.

3. Easter: Or, as it has always been called in pretty much every language (including Latin) except English and German- Great and Holy Pascha. It is the Feast of Feasts, the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We don’t celebrate a goddess Ishtar (or whoever). Everything during Pascha in the Orthodox Church is based on Scripture.

Christmas

Why do you observe the nativity in December, scripture indicates the events took place in early fall due to the herds location and the climate shift. The most likely date for this event is the Feast of Trumpets. A High Holy Day commanded by God forever to symbolize the coming of a great king, and to make ready an army to serve in that kingdom. There is a reason there was no rooms at the inn for Mary, there were thousands of Jews arriving near Jerusalem to keep the High Day.

Nimrod was however born on December 25. His tammutz evergreen tree is symbolic of the resurrected sun God. The sun shaped hearths on doors, the child shaped burnt offerings (ginger bread cookies) and a miriad of other traditions which are obviously pagan sun god worship entities.

Christians also lie to their children about Santa (sin) and from an early age children will subconciously not believe anything relgious because we start it all off with lies.

Easter

Again Jesus was resurrected on a Saturday evening not Sunday morning, Easter is a fertility goddess (Ishtar, Asteroth, Dianna, Freya) which is why there are bunnies and eggs and chocolate etc. Again God commanded the annual observance of Passover for His people, not a fertility goddess version used to justify a switch from God's eternal Sabbath to Sunday worship, Easter was a huge reason why sunday is the day of worship in modern christianity, the counsel of Nicea prooves this as well.

God Bless,

edit on 21-9-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

If you think that God cares what day you go to church, I think that you've missed the point of Christ and his teachings.

If you think the only sign/mark/symbol God says in His own words in scripture is false, then you call God's word a liar.

"If you love me, keep my commandments".. "the words I give are not mine, but of my Father in Heaven"

God commands the observance of His weekly Sabbath as the only sign/mark/symbol that you live the laws of God. This is God's words not mine.

God Bless,

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The "command" was to REMEMBER the Sabbath. The Sabbath is a day of rest. Furthermore, it must be observed on a 360 day lunar calendar. If you're using the 365 day Gregorian calendar and thinking every Saturday is the "Sabbath" you are quite off.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

4. Trinity: Absolutely. This is a non-negotiable Christian doctrine.

5. Mary Worship: No- we don’t worship Mary. We venerate her. We view her as the perfect Christian. I pray thee, to hearken unto what I’m saying to thee.

There are around six different Greek words that are usually translated into English as 'prayer'. These words encompass supplications, intercessions, thanksgiving, etc. Prayer to the saints IS NOT WORSHIP! Perhaps this misconception came about from bad translation? At any rate, I Timothy 2:4 upholds the practice of intercession for others, and we are quite cognizant of the fact that Christ's mediation is what makes intercession possible.

Mary, the Theotokos (God bearer) does intercede for us through prayer, as do ALL the saints. When a person asks the Theotokos, or any other saint, to pray for them, it is just like when we ask for anyone else to pray for us. The saints are alive in Christ. Those in the Church are ALIVE in Christ, because God is the God of the living and not the dead.

As the Paschal Troparion says: Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and upon those in the tombs bestowing life!

Trinity

Scripture states very clearly there is one God, the first commandment makes this very clear. The purpose for the need for Jesus Christ existed since before God made the physical realm, but He was not created until he was born of Mary. The holy spirit is God's spirit; it is Holy because it belongs to God. God is a spirit being (Spirit = mind) and when he uses His spirit to manifest in the physical realm we see it as the Holy Spirit. But that phrase just means the power of God, it is what He is compossed of, he IS the Holy Spirit, it is not a seperate being.

THe original greek concordence will help understand those verse commonly mistranslated and used to lead christians into believing it is "non-negotiable". The words are poerful if understood.

Mary

According to the word of God in scripture, no one other then God the Father and Jesus Christ the son are immortal spirit beings in heaven at the time of this writting. Mary, John, Luke, Paul, Peter, Solomon, David, Matt, Mark etc. (you get the idea) are all dead and at rest in the Earth awaiting their promised ressurection to eternal life at the sounding of the 7th trumpet of Revelation and all 144,000 of them are transformed in the twinkling of an eye to spirit beings in the Elohim of God (family). This event will occur on Pentecost totally fulfilling that High Holy day as well according to the perfect plan of God.

Praying to something that is dead and in the groud will not help your cause, praying to God almighty with a humble and contrite spirit will.

God Bless,

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

The "command" was to REMEMBER the Sabbath. The Sabbath is a day of rest. Furthermore, it must be observed on a 360 day lunar calendar. If you're using the 365 day Gregorian calendar and thinking every Saturday is the "Sabbath" you are quite off.

Every 7th day is the Sabbath since the re-creation of this planet for mankind, regarless of the number of 7 day weeks that are counted in a year. 7 days by 7 days, Sabbath by Sabbath. Every 7th day is still a Saturday whether using a 360 day count or 365.

Only the number of Sabbaths in a given year would be effected by this change, not the day of the week.

God Bless,

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
double post sorry.

God Bless,

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

If you think the only sign/mark/symbol God says in His own words in scripture is false, then you call God's word a liar.

"If you love me, keep my commandments".. "the words I give are not mine, but of my Father in Heaven"

God commands the observance of His weekly Sabbath as the only sign/mark/symbol that you live the laws of God. This is God's words not mine.

I don't know, this guy thinks that's not the case, you're welcome to go argue with him. I stand by my earlier statement -- you denigrate Christ when you teach that salvation is about what day you go to church.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Re: Christmas- The Church uses a yearly liturgical cycle. We know that Christ wasn't born on December 25th. Honestly, the exact day is irrelevant. The Liturgical Calendar exists for unity among the Church. However, the date does correspond to another even on the Christian liturgical calendar- March 25th (the Annunciation). One- the Church (Orthodox) does not teach anything about Nimrod. Two- evergreen trees were added during Victorian times. It has nothing to do with the Church and Nativity. Any other christmas traditions aren't Church traditions. Church traditions have to do with prayer, scripture, fasting, Divine Liturgy, and the partaking of sacraments. As far as Santa Claus- that isn't an Orthodox thing either. There is no Santa Claus to us. However, we do celebrate St. Nicholas on December 6th. He was the Bishop of Myra (modern day Turkey). He was at the first ecumenical council in Nicea.

Re: Pascha- In the Orthodox Church we have never called this Feast Easter. We call it Pascha. And- FYI- we begin celebrating Pascha on Saturday evening (which IS considered Sunday). Your history is messed up. Pascha has nothing to do with goddesses. The Germans and English were Christianized way late in the game- so what they called Pascha is irrelevant. We celebrate Pascha every year on the first Sunday after the first full moon following the vernal equinox (on the Julian Calendar). It isn't a fixed date on the calendar- so it is a moveable feast.

Oh, and regarding Pascha baskets in the Orthodox tradition- we fill them with the foods we abstained from during Lent (as it is a vegan fast for most of us). Every Pascha after Divine Liturgy- we gather together with our baskets and eat. It's usually like four in the morning- but it's awesome.

This is a very brief and incomplete explanation. This could take up volumes if I gave it all the time it deserves.

In the Orthodox Church, we celebrate Holy Week. Actually, every day of the calendar year, we are commemorating or celebrating something.

Beginning at sundown on Sunday, we begin Holy Week with the Bridegroom Matins of Holy Monday. On Monday morning, we celebrate Divine Liturgy (which is Holy Communion). We also celebrate Bridegroom Matins on Monday evening for Holy Tuesday. Tuesday morning we celebrate Divine Liturgy. On Tuesday evening we celebrated Bridegroom Matins for Holy Wednesday. On Wednesday morning we celebrate Divine Liturgy. Wednesday we have Bridegroom Matins and a Holy Unction service (annointing with oil). On Thursday morning we commemorate the institution of the Eucharist with Divine Liturgy and foot washing. On Thursday evening for Holy Friday we have the Twelve Passion Gospels service and commemorate Christ's crucifixion. On Holy Friday morning we celebrate the Royal Hours. On Friday evening, for Holy Saturday, we have the Lamentations at the tomb service. In many Orthodox parishes throughout the world, we have an all-night vigil at the tomb and read the Psalms continuously until Liturgy on Saturday morning. On Holy Saturday morning, we celebrate the Liturgy of Saint James and the empty tomb. In some parishes throughout the world, the vigil is continued after Liturgy with the reading of the Book of Acts until Midnight on Sunday. Beginning at Midnight Sunday, we celebrate Matins, the Rush Service, and the Holy Pascha of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ- which is the ultimate celebration of the Resurrection.

Most Wednesdays and Fridays of the calendar year, we fast in remembrance of the betrayal and the crucifixion. Every Sunday we celebrate the Ressurection.

I absolutely cannot express to you enough how awesome, reverent, exciting, ecetera- Pascha is. Nobody celebrates Pascha (what you call Easter) like the Orthodox. You should come and see!

Some hymns from Lent and Holy Week:
Lazarus Saturday

Palm Sunday

Holy Monday, Holy Tuesday, Holy Wednesday

Alleluia. Alleluia. Alleluia.
Behold, the Bridegroom comes at midnight, and blessed is the servant whom He shall find watching, but unworthy is the servant whom He shall find heedless.
Beware, therefore, O my soul, do not be weighted down with sleep, lest you be given up to death, and be shut out of the Kingdom. But rouse yourself crying: Holy, Holy, Holy art Thou, O God! Through the Theotokos, have mercy on us.

I behold Thy bridal chamber richly adorned, O my Savior;
But I have no wedding garment to worthily enter.
Make radiant the garment of my soul,
O Giver of Light, and save me.
Holy Thursday

Holy Friday

Holy Saturday

Pascha

edit on 21-9-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by chizeled

Excellent find Chizeled. It was indeed Simon the Magician that took on the name of Simon Pater (pater is a religious title for the head of the church of Rome, a sun god worshipping faith at the time).

His followers eventually fully counterfeitted Simon Pater with Simon Peter afer Peter was killed, and the statue in the Vatican of Peter, is really of Simon Pater (the magician). This crossover is how the sun god worshipping church of Rome became the Roman Catholic Church, and rather then Pater (latin father) it is the Pope (latin father of fathers).

Thanks for this piece!

God Bless,

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I apologize…(giggle)…for my inability…(tehee)…to take seriously the claim that ALL Jesuits…(snort)…are in on a global conspiracy…(guffaw)!

I am not a Catholic in any way, shape, or form, I promise. I did, however, spend my youth in various institutions for the perpetually-clad-in-plaid. (It was trendy when I was young.) Then, apparently in a fit of masochism, sweetened by generous scholarship offers, I went on to attend the one university in the United States that, to this day, houses the greatest number of Jesuits in this country. In other words, I literally lived in the center of the country’s largest hive of Jesuits…with them, for they lived on campus with the students, 24/7.

They are all certainly scholars. All of them drink – a lot. The Cardinal from that time period was no exception (Johnny Walker Black, neat, all night long, on several occasions I attended). About 15-20% of Jesuits are openly gay and are only sent away on “sabbaticals” by their superiors when they unquestionably flout their bed sharing habits (with each other) on campus. A few of them are dirty, old men. (One rotund Jesuit, who reminded me of literary descriptions of Friar Tuck, used to put a folding lawn chair in the hallway of the girls’ floor each morning. Coffee in hand, he would congenially smile and say good morning to each female co-ed as she made her way out of the common showers and scooted back to her dorm room in a towel or robe.) Some Jesuits are hugely into collegiate sports.

In my four years at that university, I never once witnessed anything that could be construed as conspiratorial in nature, unless, of course, you consider the overall curriculum;

Like many, if not most, of the universities today, the overall academic tone at this Jesuit institution was and remains decidedly socialist in nature. Moreover, they had no qualms about hiring staff who were outspoken Marxists. Again, one would be hard-pressed to find a college today anywhere in America that does not have this far-left leaning bent. It should actually be more shocking that government-funded universities lean so left, particularly when a conservative is in office. Jesuits, by contrast, outwardly espouse the will of Christ, which is definitely more socialist than capitalist in nature. (Don't fret, my friends and I all graduated with our critical thinking abilities still intact, as well as developed senses of humor.)

Moreover, once graduated, they do not hunt you down to join in any sort of movement. The only things they ever send out to their alumni, in fact, are the very routine requests for pledges to this team or that, or an invite to the annual alumni weekend. (The latter of which consists of tailgate picnics and then watching our football team lose each year.)

I do wish that the reality were a bit juicier to make for a better story. Perhaps they were plotting and scheming behind our backs…when they weren’t hung over.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I find this video to be informative that suggests that Simon the Sorcerer from Acts chapter 8 founded the Catholic Church:

Historically, it is affirmed that there was only one Church. Schisms and whatnot are well documented. Acts even records their first ecumenical council. So, just a question for you- If you actually believe that Simon the Sorcerer founded the Catholic Church, then are you one of those that believes in the undocumented secret underground church that didn't come out of hiding until the Great Awakening/Protestant Reformation/insert date of your denomination's founding?

No, God's true church has always been small. The "small flock"; even today God's true church is extreamly small and mocked daily. They are not in hiding, just not accepted for the awesome truth that is revealed through it.

God's true church has existed since Pentecost 31AD through to today. It was never Catholic and it has no part in the protestant reformation.

But it doesn't matter, this is the Day of the Lord, and God will reveal His truth to all in His perfect timing, whether in this age or after 1000 years.

God Bless,

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join