It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3RD 100 mph+ WINDS IN ANCHORAGE, ALASKA.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Okay, let me start by saying that THIS doesn't happen in Alaska... It just doesn't, its rare. We are "supposed" to not have any tornadoes or hurricanes in Alaska. These "windstorms" have happened 3 times this year, in the SAME month. So, the first time I was like, woaah more evidence of a pole shift. 2nd time I was blown away but really just waiting for it to happen a 3rd time so the people around me will be more convinced that a POLE SHIFT IS coming.And possibly/likely Planet X.
This is the link to the newspaper in my town, they didn't list what the speeds got (probably because they don't want ppl to freak) but when they posted the article saying a 3rd wave is coming they said expected gusts up to +100 mph.
newsminer.com... eft_top_1

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jordanAKbramsen

What do windstorms have to do with pole shifts and planet X ? I was under the impression that the flow of jetstream would be the cause of that. Maybe I'm missing something

I believe you that's it's rare, but I would've took you more seriously if you didn't mention pole shift and planet X or at least gave an explanation for it.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
if you are open enough to your reality, you'll eventually become aware through strong equanimity, that yes, there is going to be an alignment of the Earth's axis soon.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by survival

alignment of the Earth's axis with what ??

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Always good to see another Alaskan on ATS.

I'm in Anchorage. The first storm was the worst with the most damage. We are in a train of storms coming through one after the other. They are a little early this year and more severe.

The 100 mph winds are gusts on Upper Hillside, out Turnagain Arm and toward Eagle River. In Anchorage they reached around 60 mph during the worst one. The ones following were like other storms we get often, but due to the damaged trees from the first storm it was a worry.

The following ones were not as bad as predicted. Those high winds in the area's I mentioned are quite common, but not at this level.

The actual cause as I gather it is cooler than normal Pacific waters which is also not unheard of or unusual.

It seems to have been exaggerated a bit in news elsewhere. Lot's of problems with downed trees from the initial one and power outages. Mine was out for about 18 hours I think. Warm enough though it was not that much of an issue.

We see high wind warnings from NOAA very often for some parts of town. 60 mph is normal out Turnagain. I lived out there for a while in Indian and it seemed to happen at least once a week this time of year. Made it interesting driving home at night as I work late and they generally come in the late evening.

People will no doubt be cleaning up for another week or so, but the city has been open for business throughout. The leaves still being on the trees and it coming earlier than usual had a lot to do with the trees coming down, as they are a lot heavier.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I was reading your attached new articles and it states 110mph's Wow that freakish. And from what I understand from the weather channel were gonna be getting your snow possibly fri/sat. When I say' we' I mean down here in the minn/wisc. area. My kids are up in that area for college.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Where those measurements came from was in an area we call Upper Hillside. They get bad winds a lot in the Spring and after about now. In the main part of Anchorage it did not an does not get that bad. Maybe ten years ago we had some 100 mph winds down in town. It made the news nationally because it flipped a bunch of private planes over.

We did not get winds that high through the main areas of town, only in areas that have wind issues often. Remember where we are. It's better here than in Fairbanks where I'm guessing the OP is. They get so cold in the winter they have to leave their cars running day and night or they won't start sometimes.

I doubt any connection to Pole Shift or Planet X. Geomagnetic Reversal is more factual.

Wiki on Geomagnetic Reversal

A geomagnetic reversal is a change in the Earth's magnetic field such that the positions of magnetic north and magnetic south are interchanged. The Earth's field has alternated between periods of normal polarity, in which the direction of the field was the same as the present direction, and reverse polarity, in which the field was the opposite. These periods are called chrons. The time spans of chrons are randomly distributed with most being between 0.1 and 1 million years with an average of 450,000 years. Most reversals are estimated to take between 1,000 and 10,000 years. The latest one, the Brunhes–Matuyama reversal, occurred 780,000 years ago.

I'm not sure Pole Shift has a lot of proponents.

Pole Shift on the Wiki

The cataclysmic pole shift hypothesis suggests that there have been geologically rapid shifts in the relative positions of the modern-day geographic locations of the poles and the axis of rotation of the Earth, creating calamities such as floods and tectonic events.[1] There is evidence of precession and changes in axial tilt, but this change is on much longer time-scales and does not involve relative motion of the spin axis with respect to the planet. However, in what is known as true polar wander, the solid Earth can rotate with respect to a fixed spin axis. Research shows that during the last 200 million years a total true polar wander of some 30° has occurred, but that no super-rapid shifts in the Earth's pole were found during this period.[2] A characteristic rate of true polar wander is 1° per million years or less.[3] Between approximately 790 and 810 million years ago, when the supercontinent Rodinia existed, two geologically-rapid phases of true polar wander may have occurred. In each of these, the magnetic poles of the Earth shifted by ~55°

As far as Planet X, if it were to arrive this year, it would be very visible and the impact would be obvious. Not to mention the thousands of Amateur and Professional Astronomers would be screaming about it. I'm fairly confident 2013 will be much like 2012, but then I could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You mentioned in your post that they have to leave there car/trucks running all nite. How do people afford the gas. It must be terribly expensive to live in that area.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I refer you to the idea of abrupt climate change........the gulf stream is dead, and the jet stream is outta whack because of it......

Then theres that whole galactic equator thing jackin up the sun......earths core heating up....stuff like that....contributes to the problem.

We're in for one hell of a winter.....its not going to get better...it'll get worst. I'd get used to it if I were you.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by taws6

He had a previous thread about this...at this point....i think he's trolling for the sake of trolling....as he didn't really get into the plausible answers of the previous thread......

See my post above....

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by taws6

Even if this was the case, how could the jet stream have changed so drastically? and for it to happen the year of 2012 is just such a coincidence. And there is NO doubt that a pole shift IS coming, its even accepted in the mainstream media. The North Pole has shifted 1000 miles after a huge earthquake, I have heard that when the pole shift happens it will change climates all around the world. Alaska will be more tropical (more like Cali or Tx id say) Texas will probably be a pretty cold state. And this would explain why greenland melted, 50% of it in 3 days not to forget that.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

Well im plenty used to winter, -40 below that is. But I wont be used to tornado's and hurricanes in the winter... That is if they start happening in Alaska. My opinion is the pole shift is happening and there's no denying we are having a pole shift. Yes, everything else is goin pretty whack, so mabey some kind of "pole shift" is happening to the sun and or all the planets, OR we are having a pole shift as well as another planet coming in.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

lol, no we shut them off and plug them in so our battery heater is running, the oil pan heater and the... drawing a blank on the last one. But if you don't plug it in at -20-(-50) your car wont start.
And we do waste alot of gas warming our cars up

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I think Mr Mcleod put us right on this in your other thread on these winds - the winds being generated as a result of the warm waters from the typhoons rampaging around the Pacific this year colliding with the cold air from the Arctic = extremely strong winds for Alaska.

He tends to be bang on concerning weather (something of a hobby from what i remember from other threads). With such a strong El Nino this year, i think you may be in for a few more incidents like this yet. Make the most of it and take up Kite Surfing!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Brother, think of the more likely senerio....its an abrupt climate shift....which is just as bad as a pole shift....besides pole shifts happen very slowly.

And living here in Anchorage...its the big suck right now....thanks to the jet stream..its not a pole shift..or Niburu.....the weather has gone ape due to the gulf stream being toast and not moving...haven't seen the sun in a few weeks.

Besides your much safer in Fairbanks......

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jordanAKbramsen
Okay, let me start by saying that THIS doesn't happen in Alaska... It just doesn't, its rare. We are "supposed" to not have any tornadoes or hurricanes in Alaska. These "windstorms" have happened 3 times this year, in the SAME month. So, the first time I was like, woaah more evidence of a pole shift. 2nd time I was blown away but really just waiting for it to happen a 3rd time so the people around me will be more convinced that a POLE SHIFT IS coming.And possibly/likely Planet X.
This is the link to the newspaper in my town, they didn't list what the speeds got (probably because they don't want ppl to freak) but when they posted the article saying a 3rd wave is coming they said expected gusts up to +100 mph.
newsminer.com... eft_top_1

What type of pole shift are on about, Magnetic or geological?

2nd

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jordanAKbramsen
reply to post by taws6

Even if this was the case, how could the jet stream have changed so drastically? and for it to happen the year of 2012 is just such a coincidence. And there is NO doubt that a pole shift IS coming, its even accepted in the mainstream media. The North Pole has shifted 1000 miles after a huge earthquake, I have heard that when the pole shift happens it will change climates all around the world. Alaska will be more tropical (more like Cali or Tx id say) Texas will probably be a pretty cold state. And this would explain why greenland melted, 50% of it in 3 days not to forget that.

I'm surprised no one else noticed this in this post.

No. The physical location of the pole has NOT shifted 1,000 miles due to some big earthquake.

The pole has moved from very large earthquakes, however the amount has been measured in inches. Not miles.

If the north pole had physically moved 1000 miles in any direction, the sun would not be rising and setting where it's suppose to (it is), the stars would be in the wrong place (they aren't ), and GPS wouldn't work correctly (it's working).

You seem to be confused. There are two types of pole shifts:

Geomagnetic Reversal and Crustal Displacement.

The first one has scientific basis, and the geological record shows that this happens, and indeed the magnetic pole moves (as it's the Earth magnetic field that is moving), and a pole reversal in the future is supported by scientist. Date is unknown, and speed of shift is unknown.

The second one has no scientific evidence supporting it, and the geological record of the Earth itself does not support it either.

Greenland has not lost 50% of it's ice (where do you come up with these things? Try backing your statements with links to some source).
Greenland has had a record breaking amount of ice melt this year on it's surface (but the ice sheet itself did not melt away, nor did 50% of it).

Please use Google. It's your friend.

Last, but not least: if there were a crustal pole shift, it would not be just Alaska that experiences high winds if it were to happen. Nor would a rogue planet cause the winds in just Alaska to start gusting at 100 Mph.......both events would have catastrophic effects on the entire globe.

And no, 3 bad wind storms in Alaska does not qualify as a "catastrophic effect". Try things like: 9.9 Mag earthquakes felt all over the surface of the Earth, Mile high tsunamis, things like that.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I wonder if everyone gets the idea about a 100 mile per hour wind storm ? People need to realize, that just an asphalt shingle coming loose from a roof at 100 miles per hour ? Can take anyone's head clean off. Stay down.
The ride is getting rough.
edit on 20-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There is no reason to make this into something it's not.

More common, more severe...seen in extreme towards the poles first

We've been told for a long time now.

It's been happening, but people are in denial:

1. not happening

2. al gore internet mumbojumbo

3. but the climate always cycles

4. CO2 was higher when dinosaurs were around

5. nibiru

6. glactic blablabla

7. mayan blablabla

8. alien warping climate harvesting yumyumyum

9. if it's not happening, how can you claim it's happening

c'mon people...it won't magically restart on dec 21, and didn't start anytime recently...it's been building up for quite some time...and will continue until we learn and change our ways. . .
edit on 20-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Or it's just weather

line 2

top topics

<<   2 >>

join