It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Death Row Inmate says he is too fat to execute

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

He'd do best with firing squad... without taking the time to lose the weight. Quick, less risk, swift resolution. I do believe that some states still offer this as a choice, though most prefer to die in their sleep

I agree, there are other ways to kill him, the problem is many states have legislation in place that would prevent alternative forms of carrying out the sentence.

We can find examples of this in States where prisoners are permitted to choose how they die. We see the outrage on the news when Prisoners, in States where they are able to do so, choose firing squad or hanging. The truth is, when this happens the Public gets outraged and cries and whines about "humane ways to execute" prisoners. We can see this, for example, in Utah.

Utah for many years allowed prisoners to choose death by hanging or death by firing squad. Then in the mid 80's lethal injection came onto the scene as a more humane method of execution. The truth is however, that lethal injection has proven not to be more humane as you can find case after case after case of injections being administered incorrectly causing extreme pain and leaving a prisoner gasping and suffering for extended periods of time. Today in Utah, prisoners who were sentenced to die before mid 1990's can still choose. Anyone else must take lethal injection.

We find these examples in many States and Ohio happens to be one State where there is no alternative method of execution. There is no choice. In Ohio if you are sentenced to death, you will die by lethal injection. As a matter of fact, Ohio is one State that has had numerous battles over it's death penalty sentence with the Federal Government, even causing some who were sentenced to die to then have their sentence commuted to life in prison.

You can read all about Ohio's death penalty history at this link.
Ohio Capital Punishment history.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Prisoners regular meals are regulated by calorie count I believeThere is no way he got that fat that way.The only way was him getting money to buy extras from the prison store...ALOT.Like many posters here I haven't one iota of sympathy for the fat slobs life and find this appeal freaking insane.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY
Well bullets aren't prejudice, One to the back of the head should do him fine. The most disgusting thing i find here is that tax payers have been feeding and housing this guy for that long. I am a fan of death penalty for murderer's. Why should we have to pay for 3 hots and a cot for these people for the rest of their lives? Seems as if there could be money to be made in a prison system got to keep those numbers up. Just be done with them im pretty sure people will think twice about committing a violent crime or armed robbery if as soon as they are proven guilty with out a reasonable doubt their flame will be extinguished. Why should i care if he is comfortable dying? do you think he was worried about the guy he killed? Why do people show compassion for these drains on society?

Guess what... Not only feeding and housing, but... What do you think is the only classification of citizens in the US who is mandated to be provided with medical care (and they don't foot the bill)?
Prisoners' Rights

Prisoners are entitled to adequate medical treatment. A prison official's refusal to provide medical care to a seriously ill inmate violates the Eighth Amendment's prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment (Estelle v. Gamble, 429 U.S. 97, 97 S. Ct. 285, 50 L. Ed. 2d 251 [1976]). In cases where the treatment is neither cruelly withheld nor intentionally mismanaged but is inept, prisoners can sue physicians in state courts for Medical Malpractice.

I, like an earlier poster, am a liberal who is fully in favor of the death penalty. I can't imagine how he is maintaining such a huge weight, if the prison is only required to feed him reasonable nutrition, and I would imagine his prison health care provider should have his diet restricted anyway, for his own good. Isn't there an argument to be made that the prison is being cruel and unusual by allowing him to become morbidly obese? Restrict his diet to 1200 calories/day and walk him every day for a year. Then give him the needle.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Interesting manipulation. Another case of a killer continuing to mock his audience, as if to arouse pity in the public. Who "made" him weigh what he does?

Did he delay his execution of the hotel clerk while he considered the pain and suffering he would cause both to the clerk and his family?
Just shoot him get it over with..sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
Interesting manipulation. Another case of a killer continuing to mock his audience, as if to arouse pity in the public. Who "made" him weigh what he does?

Did he delay his execution of the hotel clerk while he considered the pain and suffering he would cause both to the clerk and his family?
Just shoot him get it over with..sugarcookie1

It is against the law to execute him by firing squad in Ohio.,

See my earlier post.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

MrWendal
That was just a general statement..I'm sure they will figure out a way to execute him ..He has been in prison for 27 years, since March 13 1985. Lets hope it doest take them 27 more years to figure out what to do with him..
Only in America the homeless starve while the prisoners get to eat to obesity.
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
.44 caliber bullets are "one size fits all".
Problem solved.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Yep only lethal injection in OH.

www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Sorry to bring this thread back up but just ran across this and remembered this thread. So he lives on.

Kasich followed a recommendation of mercy by the state parole board, which said it didn't doubt Ronald Post's guilt but said there were too many problems with how he was represented 30 years ago.

Ohio governor spares condemned obese killer

Had to post it so it has a ending. Although I don't agree with the ending.
edit on 1/5/2013 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Connman

Well, here is the good news... The condition the fellow must have maintained, in order to pursue his defense, most likely will result in a natural cause conclusion to the events, in relatively short order...
edit on 5-0120131-1313 by gwynnhwyfar because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join