It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-A says it will stop funding anti-gay groups[Update 9/22/2012]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

It's just STRANGE. And what we know about this isn't adding up.

Soory to elighten you but money adds up very quickly.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Having anal sex with another man, or any form of sex at all with another man is disgusting to me, that's what i hate, not the person, but what they do.

I see you ignored my prior post so no expectation for a response to this one.

I find it highly amusing that you isolated men in the scope of homosexuality. No surprise. I see it all the time from your kin. And it's telling

So you hate that they (gay men) act on their natural orientation. Fine. Be filled with disgust for that. You can believe God agrees. I don't. In fact I just think you are simply scared. Scared of something too different than your worldview of normalcy. Nothing to do with God at all

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Having anal sex with another man, or any form of sex at all with another man is disgusting to me, that's what i hate, not the person, but what they do.

WHAT??????

When do you hate them having sex with other men? When you are playing poker and drinking with them? You mean you just sit there, thinking about them having sex with other men and you hate it? I am having a hard time believing they have sex in front of you or force you to participate.

So I still need to know what "ways" you hate about these people you claim to like. Do you hate the way I hang my toilet paper rolls in my home or like your gay friend having anal sex, is that something you will never ever have to deal with outside your own mind?

If you hate gay sex you are not having or watching, you have a real problem. I am starting to think what you hate is the part of you that wishes he could join. Otherwise, I do not get it. I have gay friends and straight friends. I never ever think about what they do in their bedrooms together.

Why is gay sex so prominent in your mind?

These ways, again?

How do you even know your gay friend has anal sex? Does he talk to you about it? Do you still like him as a person while he tells you things he knows you do not like to hear about?
edit on 22-9-2012 by wascurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wascurious

Ah yes the ol' if you don't agree with gays you are secretly one of them tricks. I think he meant that when the topic comes up it disgusts him, such as seeing two men kiss in public. For most people the thought of their parents having sex grosses them out, I guess by your logic they think about their parents having sex all the time and secretly want to join in. Sick world you live in.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Ah yes the ol' if you don't agree with gays you are secretly one of them tricks. I think he meant that when the topic comes up it disgusts him, such as seeing two men kiss in public. For most people the thought of their parents having sex grosses them out, I guess by your logic they think about their parents having sex all the time and secretly want to join in. Sick world you live in.

And by your logic, we should ban heterosexual marriage because it grosses kids out?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

And by your logic, we should ban heterosexual marriage because it grosses kids out?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Really, that's an interesting leap. Show me the quote where I said gay marriage should be banned because it grosses people out. Thanks. You can apologize when you don't see me saying that.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Ah yes the ol' if you don't agree with gays you are secretly one of them tricks.

That is not even remotely what I said.
You apparently need to read my post again.
There is a huge difference between "not agreeing with gay people" and "hating the way your gay friend has sex when you are not around to see it."

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I think he meant that when the topic comes up it disgusts him, such as seeing two men kiss in public.

HE SAID ANAL SEX.

Can you read?

For most people the thought of their parents having sex grosses them out, I guess by your logic they think about their parents having sex all the time and secretly want to join in. Sick world you live in.

Do you secretly hate your "parent's ways" then?
See, me I love my parents and the thought of them having sex is gross so I never think about it.

You leaped hard over that shark buddy. His post is right there for you to read before pretending to interpret it, put words in his mouth, and use his logic to explain why he should also hate his parents ways.

Good show!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Really, that's an interesting leap. Show me the quote where I said gay marriage should be banned because it grosses people out. Thanks. You can apologize when you don't see me saying that.

I think he meant that when the topic comes up it disgusts him, such as seeing two men kiss in public. For most people the thought of their parents having sex grosses them out, I guess by your logic they think about their parents having sex all the time and secretly want to join in. Sick world you live in.

Right here.

You know, where you tried to explain that this other guy hates his friend's "ways" because those ways gross him out. So if it is ok for him to hate those ways because they are gross. Then heterosexual marriage should obviously also be banned as the gross out factor for the spawn of those couples, according to you, is on par. Unless you are saying to think gay marriage should be legal, it should not matter who it grosses out, and most of your posts in this thread were tongue in cheek until now? Is that what you are saying?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

Ah yes the ol' if you don't agree with gays you are secretly one of them tricks.

That is not even remotely what I said.
You apparently need to read my post again.
There is a huge difference between "not agreeing with gay people" and "hating the way your gay friend has sex when you are not around to see it."

I read it again, and I quote...

I am starting to think what you hate is the part of you that wishes he could join.

So why would he want to join except you are saying he is secretly gay. It's pretty clear what you said, reading it 100 moe times will yield the same results as your words will be the same.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I think he meant that when the topic comes up it disgusts him, such as seeing two men kiss in public.

HE SAID ANAL SEX.

Can you read?

For most people the thought of their parents having sex grosses them out, I guess by your logic they think about their parents having sex all the time and secretly want to join in. Sick world you live in.

See, me I love my parents and the thought of them having sex is gross so I never think about it.

You leaped hard over that shark buddy. His post is right there for you to read before pretending to interpret it, put words in his mouth, and use his logic to explain why he should also hate his parents ways.

Good show!

People having sex is a logical conclusion in a relationship. If you become a bit more educated on human behavior and learning you may have a better understanding that seeing one thing can lead to thoughts of a related thing.

Now to the next part, would he still secretly want to join in if he hated their way without being grossed out? It's the being grossed out part that is associated with that, as that is the real "emotional" piece here. So the correlation can be mde without the hate component.

The only way you know the thought is gross is because you HAVE thought about it. If you had never thought about it you would not know it is gross to you. Looks like I landed on the shark and rode in to shore.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

HE SAID ANAL SEX.

Can you read?

Good show!

I would like to point out something here, as a gay man...

Newsflash! Not all gay men enjoy anal sex!

I know, shocking, right?!?!

Here's the scoop guys, the thing you hate people for, the thing you don't see them doing, the thing you label people for even though it has absolutely nothing to do with you one little bit - lots of gay people don't even do it!

So, that kind of destroys the whole hate the sin and not the sinner part, doesn't it! You're hating something about someone when you never see it, you don't know anything about it, and you've just made that assumption that they do something in their own bedroom that you disagree with.

Kind of interesting to see this argument from Americans, who hold their precious freedoms so dear when it comes to insulting other religions, but they are oh-so-vociferous about their fellow Americans and what they do in the privacy of their own bedrooms

But once again, that's the hypocrisy of religion for you - we're right, you're wrong, end of story.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I think he meant that when the topic comes up it disgusts him, such as seeing two men kiss in public. For most people the thought of their parents having sex grosses them out, I guess by your logic they think about their parents having sex all the time and secretly want to join in. Sick world you live in.

Right here.

You know, where you tried to explain that this other guy hates his friend's "ways" because those ways gross him out. So if it is ok for him to hate those ways because they are gross. Then heterosexual marriage should obviously also be banned as the gross out factor for the spawn of those couples, according to you, is on par. Unless you are saying to think gay marriage should be legal, it should not matter who it grosses out, and most of your posts in this thread were tongue in cheek until now? Is that what you are saying?

You have it backwards, he doesn't hate them because they are gross, they are gross because he hates them. Now who jumped the shark? So as I said, where did I say gay marriage should not be allowed because of the fact it is gross. Please show me my exact quote saying that. And anal sex and kissing is not gay marriage, it's gay sex. So I guess sex and marriage are synonymous?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

No apology necessary. I never claimed you said gay marriage should be banned because it grosses people out. I said, "by your logic".... It's called "inference" - look it up.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I would like to point out something here, as a gay man...

Newsflash! Not all gay men enjoy anal sex!

I know, shocking, right?!?!

Let me point out, AS A STRAIGHT WOMAN, that long before you got up on your high horse, I asked the poster how he even knew his gay friend had anal sex.
Do you know why I would ask such a crazy question? Because I know all gay men do not engage in anal sex.
That does not change the fact that what he said was "ANAL SEX."
See what I did? I pointed out the words he used. Maybe you should read my posts before getting uppity.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

You have it backwards, he doesn't hate them because they are gross, they are gross because he hates them. Now who jumped the shark?

Still you. Are you his lawyer or his mom?
I prefer to let his own words do his talking. Your attempt to protect him with your own spin is really just silly.

So as I said, where did I say gay marriage should not be allowed because of the fact it is gross.

No one ever said you said gay marriage should be banned.

Please show me my exact quote saying that.

Why would I quote you saying something you did not say and I did not say you said?

And anal sex and kissing is not gay marriage, it's gay sex. So I guess sex and marriage are synonymous?

I guess you do not understand your own analogy about the straight family unit in traditional America then?
Ah...that is why it failed so miserably. You were just repeating something you heard with no real thought behind it.
I am sure someone is making a thread right now about a corrupt Republican. You need to be there whining that no one should care because Democrats are bad too. You were doing better with that pitch.
So what were you saying about kids and their parents again?
Use your own words and see if you can make it work.

I have my fingers crossed for ya!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It's a shame that this thread has devolved into a gay/straight, right/wrong hate-fest. I expect no less...

Why? Because the real news will be missed. Chick-Fil-A SAID they were no longer going to give to these groups... but they LIED! Since this statement came out (and everyone believed it) they have returned to supporting anti-gay groups. Marriage and Family Foundation... NOTHING HAS CHANGED! Except their business has increased.

Tenth, you can be happy that they haven't given up giving to anti-gay groups. They just lied about it for financial gain. That's the American way!

Video
ed it on 9/22/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's a shame that this thread has devolved into a gay/straight, right/wrong hate-fest. I expect no less...

Why? Because the real news will be missed. Chick-Fil-A SAID they were no longer going to give to these groups... but they LIED! Since this statement came out (and everyone believed it) they have returned to supporting anti-gay groups. Marriage and Family Foundation... NOTHING HAS CHANGED! Except their business has increased.

Tenth, you can be happy that they haven't given up giving to anti-gay groups. They just lied about it for financial gain. That's the American way!

Video
ed it on 9/22/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

I knew it was too good to be true, and I hope Tenth isn't too happy about it. Thanks for bringing this back on topic.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Wow.

Well that's unfortunate that they still support them. Disgusting that they lied about it.

In the end it's their right.

As for the thread, well, I stopped participating as soon as it turned into a poo flinging match

Thanks for the update BH.

~Tenth

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join