It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Cleric Pummeled by ‘Badly Covered’ Woman After Warning

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

If you're trying to be an ambassador for your culture, or your faith, you're doing a really bad job of it. If she wants to run around 'looking like a whore', then more power to her. Didn't Allah give her free will? I know that the idea of free will runs counter to just about everything you believe in, but there you go.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

So if she was a truly free woman then by your post would mean "free" for her would be told how to dress by this cleric................strange kind of logic but hey live and let live.................except for the women right

Wolfie

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
A simple wrist showing can get a woman a beating over there. :shk:

show me evidence please, from iran not saudi arabia that a women is beating for showing wrist or ankles

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I love this story! Good for this woman!

Iran Cleric Pummeled by ‘Badly Covered’ Woman After Warning

An Iranian cleric said he was beaten by a woman in the northern province of Semnan after giving her a warning for being “badly covered,” the state-run Mehr news agency reported.

Hojatoleslam Ali Beheshti said he encountered the woman in the street while on his way to the mosque in the town of Shahmirzad, and asked her to cover herself up, to which she replied “you, cover your eyes,” according to Mehr. The cleric repeated his warning, which he said prompted her to insult and push him.

“I fell on my back on the floor,” Beheshti said in the report. “I don’t know what happened after that, all I could feel was the kicks of this woman who was insulting me and attacking me.”

Maybe this cleric will understand a bit better how wrong it is for men to run around Iran and be 'morals police' .. beating up women and hospitalizing them. He got a taste of what they go through. Maybe it'll make him a better person.

Instant karma on that Cleric.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

thanks for the links, I will forward an email to the Iranian embassy here to bring this to their attention, such oppression cannot be tolerated.

I will also email them about the incident mentioned in the OP and ask them to take proper measures to ensure the safety of the public from that maniac of a women attacking people in the street

I wish Iranian prisons were more like US prisons where nobody gets raped, beaten, or killed. But I heard nothing is better than south african, chinese, and hungarian prisons, its like you go on holiday there

regards

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I hope it's just the first drop in a monsoon!

You go, gir-ril!

*snap*

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
I haven't heard about it

But there are women polices who talk with the women who are not respecting our constitution.

So is that a picture of the women police or those not respecting the constitution? How come it isn't the same regulations for men? Don't the women lust after the men too, or is it just a one way lust?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I am sure that the Iranian government is very much aware of the abuses going on inside Iran .. both on the streets and in the prisons. Afterall .. they are intimately involved with them.

And as far as your 'concern' over misogynistic men getting beaten up by women in Iran ... your emails would be better utilized by telling the knuckle-dragging men to come out of the stone ages and to mind their own business. Live and let live. That would be a MUCH more effective use of your computer emailing system.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Now that's funny!!!

Imagine the hit he took to his EGO hahaha, he'll probably never live it down!

Hey remember when that girl beat yo ass????

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

That was my first thought...

She can't win this confrontation, unless she's very, very lucky. May her God be with her.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

Please keep the conversation civil folks. No need to start name calling and adhom attacks.

The playground is only fun to play in when there isn't anybody throwing rocks or sand.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I too love stories like this! Good for her, modern Iranian woman ain't taking no crap from the old school way of thought. This is how change begins.

The government condemns short, tight and colorful coats and loosely tied head-scarves, and routinely organizes police patrols to enforce the Islamic dress code. Public surveillance increases in summer when some women opt for flimsier clothing.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Iran Cleric Pummeled by ‘Badly Covered’ Woman After Warning
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

Say it ain't so Iran! Say it ain't so!

Because of this I now fully support the Zionist/West in the fight against Iran!

Just kiddin'
, but seriously, regime change needs to occur worldwide and for the better... but good luck to that

edit on 19-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

To be so horrifically weak of faith that the sight of an improperly clothed female would destroy the Presence of God in your heart, maybe then it's not the presence of God in the first place. The true Presence holds power that cannot be dislodged even if you want to. There is no "off switch" for the true Presence of Providence.

Eloquently put my friend.
Hit the nail on the head.
IMHO The reactionary culture that dwells within Islam is born of a deep fear within its clerical classes. It is necessary to incite violence and extreme reactions to anything that questions its validity.
The builder of a house of cards will not tolerate anyone who tries to open a window,
lest the slightest breeze topples his entire creation. A philosophy that will not tolerate questioning is critically short of answers.

I am not a religious person, I do no harm and try not to hurt any living creature and I believe that anyone is entitled to believe what they want to believe, whatever keeps away the dread and fear of inevitable oblivion.

As long as it harm no-one else or restrict their path in life.

But a true sense of spirituality does not come from a book, peace comes from understanding that we are, all of us, part of a huge mysterious universe and we make our own paradise while we live. Kindness, tolerance and a peaceful heart allows us to accept death and if there is something else beyond, (not one single being knows what) then our consciousness can approach it with a clean and open heart and mind.

To imagine that a being who created all we can comprehend gives a flying squirell how a human being dresses is beyond absurdity and makes me sad for people who are born into such indoctrination.

Sadly it seems that we are increasingly being sucked into a vortex where conflict will become a reality and little anecdotes of Islamic related events will appear more frequently.

Conflicting ideologies rarely co-exist indefinitely, and I fear storm clouds are gathering and may be darker than humanity has ever witnessed.

As my username says... Humans Eh!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The government condemns short, tight and colorful coats and loosely tied head-scarves, and routinely organizes police patrols to enforce the Islamic dress code. Public surveillance increases in summer when some women opt for flimsier clothing.

Clothing police? That's a new one for me. I'm surprised the ladies haven't gone off long before this. I'd like to see a picture of this "badly covered woman", i'm betting 50 bucks she's dressed 100 times more covered than western women are. I've seen more than one woman here in my town wearing skirts small enough to leave their asses hanging out the bottom for all to see.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

"Iran Cleric Pummeled by ‘Badly Covered’ Woman After Warning"?
That definitely gets a big Oorah! from me!

S+F

edit on 9/19/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
We all make judgements of other cultures. To have an open mind is difficult until you walk a mile in their mind.
Love this cartoon.

Wishing Ms. Maverick the best.

edit on 9/19/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Don't believe the muslims have taken a back seat on violence to us.All that beheading and chopping off hands and stoning deaths and, and, and.
Yeah, they seem to like violence as much as westerners.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

She was PROTECTING HERSELF against the ignorant cleric.

Did the cleric threaten her safety, while I agree it is good that she stood up for herself, is this really the answer? Are you advocating violence against anyone that disagrees with you?

Her act will most likely result in women being beaten in reprisal.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join