It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Smart Phone App?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I hope this is the right forum, I figured technology would be relevant.

I just recently joined the ranks of people with smart phones with a good ol' Apple iPhone and I was wondering if anyone had any information on if AboveTopSecret was planning on making an app for smart phones? It seems now a days every organization and/or website has an app that allows subscribers and users of said organization easier access to their favorite information with an app. Is there any news or info on an ATS app being created in the future? Does anyone know if this has been talked about or may be in the works?

I'd love an ATS app where I could easily access the most recent threads as well as my own I have created for a faster way to check up on what is being talked about throughout the day. In my mind the way I visualize it, it would be pretty freakin' sweet if done right. I know the creators of this website and the rest of the staff have done a lot to update the website itself and make it more accessible and down right awesome so I was curious if they have given any thought to expanding in the area of smart phone apps.

I have never seen it talked about or mentioned in the years I have been reading and taking part here, but I think it is a great idea and I'm sure I am not the first to do so.

We need an ATS app so we can be even less productive at work and in public! I try not to be one of those annoying individuals who are always on their cell phone, but if there were an ATS app you can bet I would begin to display those irritating characteristics! And I would be happy to do so. You guys are just too much fun.

So, what's the 411 on an ATS app?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Im surprised they don't have one, would be another channel for ads and revenue in general, more traffic is good for a website.

That being said I routinely navigate and post on ATS from my ipad and Iphone when im out and about, works fine.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

I have no answer on the app deal but you can..

Check out this thread for a peek into the future of ATS..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yeah, so do I

I use my browser and bypass apps altogether a lot of the time.. Kinda defeats the purpose, but oh well.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Agreed!

I think they tried one before but it was kinda lacking.

I would pay a few bucks for a good ATS mobile app.

Maybe SO or Springer are reading this......
I'll bet it's already in the works.

If not, it sure should be!$$$$

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Couldn't agree more. Though I 99% of the time lurk through the many threads daily, I'd probably post more with a dedicated app. Easier navigation, faster browsing, saving drafts on the go, picking up on whatever thread(s) I left off, etc... I'd love to see an ATS app come to life for both iOS and Android.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

There was a thread a couple months back, a member said he was gonna make an app and run it by SkepticOverlord and springer, I never heard anymore about it though.

I would love a more phone friendly version, that would make it easier to use the site. Right now, one cannot even scroll down on the terms and conditions screen tto check the "I agree" button. Also when plsting from a smart phone, ne cannot scroll down on the window so I end up having to make minimal posts when trying to add links to outside content as it requires scrolling back down to the start point to resume typing. It is quite irritating at times, resulting in my making less posts and threads............I know not a bad thing in some of your oppinions.

new topics

top topics

join