It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ambassador Chris Stevens was still breathing as video emerges showing Libyans trying to rescue him

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baldryck
I have found over the years, that the news really isn't the news. It tends to be reporters reporting what their 'sources' tell them and generally their 'sources' are other reporters who hear their news from other reporters. Then the politicians listen to the third or fourth hand information and use that information as gospel. Which in turn the reporters report.

Sometimes what really happened never get's reported or if it does it's mixed in with all the other 'stories' that were reported. So no one really knows what exactly happened except for the people there at the time.

I just read all sides of a story and look for the consistencies. With this particular story the only thing that's consistent is that the man died. I have a feeling we will never know exactly what happened or why. Too much speculation from all parties and sides.

This is the "telephone game" where the original message deviates vastly by the time it gets back to the first person who sent it. I've decided to wait a few weeks to see what is deciphered from all these horrific rumours about this poor man!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I never heard any conflicting stories either. Every report on this I have seen states that he died of asphyxiation, and that Libyan's were rescuing him from the building and took him to hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The video seems to support this also, with people clearly heard trying to save him, rejoicing when they thought he was still alive. That doesn't sound at all like a mob of anti-American terrorists all trying to kill these people, and I think those who believe that line are simply deluded, or have ulterior motives.

The actions and expressions of the people there seem to back up the belief that many there were trying to save him and other staff from the attack by a minority.

It's sad, but I believe there are a lot in the right-wing trying to make this into something it isn't. It's being turned into a political football, with the right using this as a weapon to attack Obama and making this mans passing as obscene as possible. I think that is where the majority of the false stories come from.

The people there should be praised for trying to save people from that building. They clearly cared a great deal about those inside, risking their own lives to try to help them.

These are just normal Libyan's, and they went into a violent situation to try to save people they didn't know. If people can still look at this and think these people are all AL-Qaeda terrorists or religious fanatics they are deluded and brainwashed.

Fact - most people are nice, kind, have Humanitarian ideals and would act to save others. If you let your opinion of an entire people be tarnished by the actions of a violent minority then you are an idiot.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speckle
I also believe that the "embassy" would probably been better off if it was located in a hotel. Considering that the CIA just orchestrated a hostile take over of a target they drooled over for 30 years, how do you allow the embassy to be in a villa?

Here is an article describing the location of the safe house and alledgedly why they didn’t use the hotel.

Lt. Col. Brian Linvill served as the embassy’s defense attaché from 2008 until June of this year, and he visited the compound in Benghazi several times, he explained in a lengthy interview with The Daily Beast on Thursday. The thing to remember about that compound, he said, is that it was an outpost, a hastily arranged location moved to that spot after a car bomb attack last June at the Tibesti Hotel, then the region’s gathering place for rebel leaders, diplomats, and journalists. The attack made clear that security at that location wasn’t adequate, Linvill said, so State decided to pack up and move.

Who knows; the whole incident sounds suspicious.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I've been following this story very closely since the start, as I'm sure many of you have, and discussing the inconsistencies and suspicious quality of certain details of what happened with my mother who is quite distraught over what is happening.

I just woke up, so I'm going to shower and then start my search, but I remember specifically reading reports that conflicted with the asphyxiation and my mom has helped corroborate that for me. She is a big watcher of the news on TV (mostly FoxNews, unfortunately) so she always gives me an accurate representation of what the normal person would be getting for information from the mainstream media on television. I'm able to see what the narrative it is they are driving at through her eyes. On TV, they were heavily pushing from the start that he had been violently murdered, not that he had suffocated. This was in the first few hours and the first day of these events, so yes, there is always confusion and now you can look at it as if they are "getting it right", but I think those first few hours are very telling.

I know I'm on ATS but I do not try and find a conspiracy in everything, quite the contrary. I try and let the facts lead me to a conclusion. The facts in the case are telling me that this is all very strange, and I will be back with the links and quotes from news articles to show exactly what I mean. I'm spending today doing a full analysis of who Chris Stevens was, what happened during the day he was murdered, and the video that has been used as a cover for his assassination.

It can pretty much be proven by now, though I'm sure some of you may not believe it, that this was a pre-planned attack and there were warnings that never reached the embassy staff. Those people went their specifically to blow this place up at the very least, and most likely to kill the Ambassador. So, why would they have fired a few rockets and then called it good and went back to their homes and made lunch? Wouldn't they have wanted to get the job done, so to speak?

I'm not saying that he didn't die from smoke inhalation, as many of you have said that was reported early on, as well. I just find it curious that he was separated from his security group and then wound up with not so severe injuries that led to his death after his embassy had been attacked by RPGs and rockets.

I always find it interesting people think that people from different sides of an event will tell conflicting reports and this almost always leads to confusion. Police and other investigators, when trying to figure out a crime or major event, always begin by interviewing eyewitnesses and finding consistencies that will tell a tale. I've been involved in an event where I was interviewed along with many others after the fact and despite the confusion, it was the eyewitness testimony that helped the investigators figure out what happened due to us all seeing the same things. I'm not saying this is always the case, I'm just saying dismissing it off-hand immediately as confusion based on witness reports may not always be correct. I see that a lot of ATS.

I also watched the movie directly after this started and I was laughing out loud at how ridiculous it was. It is weird and strange as hell, and the dubbing is highly suspicious.

And let's not forget about the other 3 who died. What were their causes of death? I thought I read that they had been killed quite deliberately. Or at least Sean Smith had been discovered dead. Not sure if this was before their move to the safe house or after, I believe it was afterwards. That's probably the strangest part of the story. They were being hit by rockets with pin-point accuracy. The people firing them didn't just know the location of the secret safe house, they seemed to know exactly where they would be within it.

Many of the people interviewed for comment on the story have also referred to the Ambassador as being murdered, and use terms like "murdered this way" as if he was killed in an extremely despicable fashion. If had just been asphyxiation, I wonder why they would talk like that. His death is tragic no matter what way you look at it, but saying murdered as opposed to killed seems to imply more had happened. This is totally the conspiracy side of my brain working here, but when you do a Google search for 'Chris Stevens murdered' I notice that the word 'killed' is searched for and comes up bold in the blurbs of each website. I have never noticed anything like that before, usually the only emboldened words are hits for what you have searched for or typed in the search bar. After putting quotations around 'murdered' however I get what I'm looking for.

Eugene Rogan, director of the Middle East Center at Britain’s Oxford University, was skeptical of how much advance planning went into the assault. “The State Department is going to have to exhaust every possible cause for the violence that took place. It is an extraordinary thing to have one of your ambassadors murdered in this way. And they will have to get to the bottom of what happened. I think you will find that the spread of anger across the Arab world in response to this recent posting of this very inflammatory and insulting film against Islam is something that they are going to have to address.” He believes the makers of the movie and the posting of the trailer dubbed in Arabic was done to provoke “knowingly and willingly."

There were conflicting reports of the circumstances surrounding the deaths Tuesday night. Al-Jazeera reported Stevens died of smoke inhalation after a mob attacked the consulate and set it on fire. Reuters, citing an unnamed Libyan official, said the four Americans died after militants fired rockets at their car in Benghazi.

edit on 18-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is suspicious to me too...

When they mentioned Chris Stevens had been raped (absolutely horrific)I believe its propaganda....how many times has a male been raped by a mob...in Muslim countries?

It stirs up outrage...and honestly, its such a undignified way to suffer....same as Khaddaffi...so what did Chris Stevens do to anger the Obama administration...to be killed....as a sacrificial lamb?

Grant it.......its a barbaric world....but there has to be a ounce of soul in these people......I don't see any heterosexual male engaging in these acts as a means to kill another male...

I think he was murdered after and not by rebels......I think his murder is pure propaganda and strategically done.
edit on 18-9-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

are you foaming at the mouth? Why would you reference my statement and then spew off a bunch of crap? Not one word of your pathetic dialogue has anything to do with what I stated. I think this is a huge reason why the world distrusts the Arab community. I say this , you say that. Basically lying to prove your point, if there is one. Its like asking a taxi in NYC for the most direct route from a to b. 9 out of 10 times the arab driver will take you out of the way , although you know the best route If you are done asking for the worlds sympathy and are ready to accept females as equals, let me know. Otherwise you will be treated as savages. And by the way , keep it up, you might even get a Mitt Romney in the office. I bet that will work wonders for the middle east.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Speckle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Having watched the video of Mr Stevens removal from the building, and seen the shock and sorrow on the faces of the men who removed him to relative safety, all I can say is that it saddens me that he died, and it saddens me that those passers by had to endure that harrowing moment.

One thing does strike me about this though. How is it that people can generalise so harshly about people in Libya and the rest of the arab world, when these people genuinely wanted to help this man, proving that they are as human and fair as the rest of us?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2

Ambassador Chris Stevens was still breathing as video emerges showing Libyans trying to rescue him

www.nydaily news.com

Videographer among Libyan civilians who roamed through the consulate after rampage over anti-Islam film last week said he heard someone call out he had tripped over a dead body, but ‘he was alive.’
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.usatoday.com
www.digtriad.com
www.denverpost.com

It's interesting that you post this.
I nearly started a thread a few days ago on this topic, but got sidetracked... Not so much to show that he was breathing, but to note something that was related on the news here in Australia (on ABC news).

One news broadcast on ABC 24 stated that Stevens had died "during the fire that overtook the embassy"... which I thought was odd, given that we've also heard that he was raped and sodomized before being dragged through the streets. The broadcast then moved on to show bloody handprints on the wall, which were obviously made by someone desperately trying to stop someone from dragging them out into the street (which the broadcast alleged was Stevens). Contradictory much? Certainly.

I wondered at the time if they were trying to deflect some of the criticism away from the protestors/murderers.

It was at best poor reporting. At worst, dishonest...

either way, it was interesting. They clearly knew what had happened, but presented a very different story through their media.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Speckle
reply to post by newcovenant

are you foaming at the mouth? Why would you reference my statement and then spew off a bunch of crap? Not one word of your pathetic dialogue has anything to do with what I stated. I think this is a huge reason why the world distrusts the Arab community. I say this , you say that. Basically lying to prove your point, if there is one. Its like asking a taxi in NYC for the most direct route from a to b. 9 out of 10 times the arab driver will take you out of the way , although you know the best route If you are done asking for the worlds sympathy and are ready to accept females as equals, let me know. Otherwise you will be treated as savages. And by the way , keep it up, you might even get a Mitt Romney in the office. I bet that will work wonders for the middle east.

Are you cracked in the head?

I saw it. (you indicated you didn't think many had watched it)
I described it. Now you are having some kind of hormonal fit? Whats up with the hysterical delusion I am suggesting anything to you, about you, or through you?

I saw the film, contrary to your last sentence which is why I chose to answer your post. I am admitting you were right, which must be something fresh and new because clearly you can't handle it, many of those posting hadn't seen the film that led some of these extremists to this attack. I thought they should get an idea of the basis for what we are discussing. Sooooo....Taking your lead....I went on to describe the 13 seconds of pointless filth (IMO) and offered what I thought of it from a critical point of view because last I knew, I have FREE SPEECH RIGHTS too.
Everything ain't about you. Not to offend, but you sound a little unstable. May I seriously recommend something like deep breathing exercises, hypno-therapy or (only as a last resort) sedatives to make you a little more...uh... socially functional?

edit on 18-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I wonder was Christopher Stevens really raped? After reading this, I know it isn't an "official" news source but it got me wondering ..... just sayin .....

Nor is the rape entirely allegorical. According to the Arabic website Tayyar, “the American ambassador in Libya [Christopher Stevens] was sexually raped before being killed by the gunmen who stormed the embassy building in Benghazi last night [Tuesday, September 11], in protestation of a film insulting to the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings upon him.”

More at Link

So was he taken out of there alive by good willed Libyans or was he carried out by the mob? The "official" story on this has crumbled, I wonder what happened??

top topics

<< 1   >>

join