It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ambassador Chris Stevens was still breathing as video emerges showing Libyans trying to rescue him

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Ambassador Chris Stevens was still breathing as video emerges showing Libyans trying to rescue him

www.nydaily news.com

Videographer among Libyan civilians who roamed through the consulate after rampage over anti-Islam film last week said he heard someone call out he had tripped over a dead body, but ‘he was alive.’
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.usatoday.com
www.digtriad.com
www.denverpost.com

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
So, there have been so many different reports of what happened at the embassy offices in Benghazi, I don't know what to think anymore. My analysis leans towards conflicting reports in order to make this information harder to decipher.

It was originally reported that Chris Stevens had been blown up by explosives. I then heard reports that there were pictures showing a bullet hole in his forehead. I also heard he had been raped, both anally and orally. Now, reports are saying that he was still alive in the embassy, after somehow being separated from his group, and was found by a group of Libyans inside the embassy. And how convenient, they had a video camera.

The report says they carried him out over their shoulder and tried to get him to a hospital. The official cause of death now is smoke inhalation. What in the heck is going on here?

www.nydaily news.com
edit on 18-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The problem is, that area is so unpredictable and volotile that getting a true story out of there is next to impossible. The entire country is in turmoil, without the usual network of emergency services cataloguing everything properly it's going to be nay impossible to find out 100% what happened.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hyena

I agree 100%.

The conflicting reports are suspicious to me though. This whole story has been suspicious in general. Everybody is reporting something different and confusion is obviously a part of that but when you have direct eyewitness reports that differ so drastically I tend to think it is strange.

It's strange to me that somehow they lost track of the Ambassador while trying to move him to a safe place.

The media has been reporting different locations of the embassy, different ways he died, differences in how the attack took place. Confusion in the region is absolutely a part of that but it seems to be a little more complicated. That is just my personal analysis of the event.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
It sure does seem that whenever we have high-profile deaths that are tied to "terrorism", that there are always conflicting stories. Even the Bin Laden murder, which considering the nature of the killing should have been cut and dry, had many different versions. Now I'm not saying this is some nefarious plot by whomever, but it sure is coincidental. There have been a lot of high-profile deaths in the last few years as well, which is something else that seems strange. But maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I have found over the years, that the news really isn't the news. It tends to be reporters reporting what their 'sources' tell them and generally their 'sources' are other reporters who hear their news from other reporters. Then the politicians listen to the third or fourth hand information and use that information as gospel. Which in turn the reporters report.

Sometimes what really happened never get's reported or if it does it's mixed in with all the other 'stories' that were reported. So no one really knows what exactly happened except for the people there at the time.

I just read all sides of a story and look for the consistencies. With this particular story the only thing that's consistent is that the man died. I have a feeling we will never know exactly what happened or why. Too much speculation from all parties and sides.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

The video must have been taken pre-rape. Maybe they raped him after he was dead. Who knows? Those AQ scum that attacked the embassy are the worst kind of evil pigs and I wouldn't put anything past them. Either way, Stevens made his bed when he helped Hillary and Obama put al-Qaeda terrorists in charge of Libya. Then he got boned in it.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
deleted...
edit on 18-9-2012 by hesse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
In many reports, it is said he was well-liked by the Libyans and he also liked the Libyan people. After his death there were Libyans holding signs saying RIP, etc. Given that, it is certainly possible that they did try to save him as purportedly shown in the video.
If indeed he did like Libya, it's possible that he was dealt with in a similar way to a past English expert on Arabia who liked Arabia enough to try to help the people there, instead of following orders from the British government. He ended up being killed in a motorcycle "accident". T. E. Lawrence
Could it be that Chris Stevens was trying to help the people of Libya too much, or was going to expose inconvenient facts about Libya?
It seems curious that the compound was so lightly guarded and that his guards lost track of the man they were supposed to protect. It also seems odd that the US is insisting it was NOT a planned attack, but spontaneous. How could they know?
And then it would be interesting to know the history of the former Navy SEAL who was also killed.
No proof, but it becomes harder and harder to accept coincidences and government assurances.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Facts are, the bodies were recovered.
If an "angry mob" had killed these men, they would have sliced and diced em all up.
I'm sure that after the israeli terrorists got the job done, they did not have time to make it look good for the cameras.
The Libyans were on the way.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2

So, there have been so many different reports of what happened at the embassy offices in Benghazi, I don't know what to think anymore. My analysis leans towards conflicting reports in order to make this information harder to decipher.

It was originally reported that Chris Stevens had been blown up by explosives. I then heard reports that there were pictures showing a bullet hole in his forehead. I also heard he had been raped, both anally and orally. Now, reports are saying that he was still alive in the embassy, after somehow being separated from his group, and was found by a group of Libyans inside the embassy. And how convenient, they had a video camera.

The report says they carried him out over their shoulder and tried to get him to a hospital. The official cause of death now is smoke inhalation. What in the heck is going on here?

www.nydaily news.com
edit on 18-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

There is a reason eyewitness accounts are often the worst possible evidence of anything. You can have five people looking at the same event and get five different stories about what happened. This is why there are so many conflicting reports. Time and physical evidence will eventually be what gives us the final account of what happened. It doesn't suggest that there is any conspiracy involved just people are unreliable at best. Right now what it looks like is an armed, trained force used the protests outside or earlier in the day to cover their assault on the consulate.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
A simple google picture search of the ambassadors name will give you a pic that I will not post on this forum...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The original report I read said smoke inhalation was the cause of death. The picture of them dragging him through the street, I believe, he is still alive. The report said they tried for 90 minutes to revive him. I believe all of this to be true. I read all of this within 3 hours of this happening on some MSM site. I also believe that the "embassy" would probably been better off if it was located in a hotel. Considering that the CIA just orchestrated a hostile take over of a target they drooled over for 30 years, how do you allow the embassy to be in a villa? And what is worse is the timing."Innocence of Muslims" is 2 months old ( still on youtube ). Somehow Romney is going to benefit from all this , because you know , we need more drones and soldiers in other peoples' countries. I do agree with the point that something is going on. I think Sam Bacile would be a good starting point , but he has vanished. I guess now is a good time to watch his movie and decide for myself what to think. I doubt many of you or the uprising itself can say they have done that.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
If there is video of them trying to save him, where is it?

EDIT TO ADD....here is a link to the video and interview with the guy who filmed it
www.wptv.com...

Video taken by al-Bakoush and posted on YouTube shows Stevens being carried out of the room through a window with a raised shutter. "Bring him out, man," someone shouts. "Out of the way, out of the way!"

"Alive, Alive!" come other shouts, then a cheer of "God is great."

The next scene shows Stevens lying on a tile floor, with one man touching his neck to check his pulse. Al-Bakoush said that after that scene, they put Stevens in a private car to rush to the hospital.

edit on 18-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I never heard any reports like the ones you heard. The only one I ever heard was the he suffocated.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speckle
The original report I read said smoke inhalation was the cause of death. The picture of them dragging him through the street, I believe, he is still alive. The report said they tried for 90 minutes to revive him. I believe all of this to be true. I read all of this within 3 hours of this happening on some MSM site. I also believe that the "embassy" would probably been better off if it was located in a hotel. Considering that the CIA just orchestrated a hostile take over of a target they drooled over for 30 years, how do you allow the embassy to be in a villa? And what is worse is the timing."Innocence of Muslims" is 2 months old ( still on youtube ). Somehow Romney is going to benefit from all this , because you know , we need more drones and soldiers in other peoples' countries. I do agree with the point that something is going on. I think Sam Bacile would be a good starting point , but he has vanished. I guess now is a good time to watch his movie and decide for myself what to think. I doubt many of you or the uprising itself can say they have done that.

It slanders the Muslim faith yes and is "anti-Muslim" without being so weighty as to offer something like a fact and it isn't really "a film" in any sense except that "film" was in a camera aimed for 13 minutes at pedestrians dressed in what looked like costuming from the Halloween store.

To call it an anti Muslim film is really giving more credit than it deserves.
This is a poorly translated and fragmented cartoon an ex-con posted on youtube.
Kind of like a long, bad, and extremely vulgar, tasteless dirty joke.

I am not Muslim and even I was offended because I think even dirty jokes have a time and place. Also think we should try to protect normal people from inadvertently having to suffer any of this mind gagging, intellectual filth by making it hard to get at unintentionally and even then, placing a minimum of 3 precautionary warnings in plain sight.

1. Warning! "offensive, vulgar sexual content"
2. Warning! "offensive, hate speech targeting Muslim faith" and
3. Warning! "offensive, plot-less, horrible acting and senseless dialogue."

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Actually you are right, conflicting indeed, but yesterday I was in my car when listening to an interview from personnel in Libya that were telling that the conflicting reports of how the ambassador died were all propaganda from the US and that the US were not been honest to the truth or were not trying to get the real reports to the public

In the interview the report was that the ambassador died of afixiation due to the running out of air while in the security room they have for protection, that he was already death when found and that he was rush to a Libyan hospital where he could no be resuscitated.

The Libyan authorities were the one that try to rescue him but it was obvious by the bluish hue around his mouth that he was death.

Now, this was in the radio news last night so I can not verify a link

So, it seems that now the blame is on the US for no informing the population of the truth, I guess we will have to wait and see.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Speckle

Thanks speckle that is the same report I heard last night in my radio, the report came from the Libya side and supposedly the person was there when the rescue was happening.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The story I heard from US media was that he suffocated and that was the first story within hours of the story breaking. It appears to be true. After the rocket attacks he was either under rubble or breathing in smoke and died. You can see pictures of him immediately after being pulled out of the building by Libyans it looks like he is covered in soot and has dark around his mouth. It appears more like soot than blue from lack of oxygen.

I never heard any conflicting stories.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

The conflicting stories issues is the ones that has been coming from different sources in the net, but the Libyan authorities are blaming the US government for not doing anything about bringing the truth and have allowed lies to spread around, that is the conflicting part of it.

It seems that somebody have an agenda and something to gain from keeping the people confuse.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join