It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Countdown to 12/21/2012... How are you treating these last 95 days?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
With all the 2012 threads popping up on ATS it got me thinking... If you're one of the few (or many, not sure where most of the ATS community stands on this issue) who truly believe destruction of the world is coming on 12/21/2012, whether it be by cosmic allignments, Annunaki, Nibiru, Mayan Calendar, or any of the other "out there" ideas, what are you doing in preparation to this upcoming doom? I'm honestly very curious... I'm assuming you all have bugout bags (at the minimum) and probably have some type of bunker location with food/supplies, but how are you enjoying the supposed last days on Earth or are you freaking out with the upcoming end of the world?

If the end of the world is about to happen, are you emptying out your bank accounts, spending away? Are you living recklessly trying to enjoy the last 3 months? Are you prepping like its no ones business? How are you acting, and how do you believe others should act with the date nearing?

This thread isnt just directed at those who truly believe in the end of the world... I suppose these questions can even be directed at the people who are semi-believers, how are you living out the last 3 months? Still going to work each day? Still watching Sunday football... you get the point...haha

When I was in class tonight I began thinking about the end of the world. Personally, I dont know what to believe, but I'm living my life as if nothing strange will happen on 12/21.. I believe we will all wake up the following day, and it will be similar to all the Y2K craziness we saw over a decade ago... But if I'm wrong... Ill sure be pissed
especially knowing that I'm finishing up my education at DePaul 3 nights out of the week, when I could be out living it up... or prepping....

Anyways, the idea and the amount of threads we've seen recently on ATS got me thinking... And I'm curious to hear what other people are planning on doing as the days count down before we hit 12/21/2012....
edit on 17-9-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I like you, am just living my life.

Of course I am spending too much time reading end of the world threads on ATS, but that is nothing new.

I guess I am 80/20...80% sure nothing will happen...20% worrying....

I am not doing any prepping etc.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
My mainest fear is that the night of the 20th will be like all the worst New Year's Eves and Halloweens I've ever seen--combined.

Of course that's in the San Francisco and comparable areas; in quieter areas I wouldn't expect it to be any worse than Y2K.

I do know that I intend to turn off the porch light and draw the curtains....
edit on 9/17/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
I like you, am just living my life.

Of course I am spending too much time reading end of the world threads on ATS, but that is nothing new.

I guess I am 80/20...80% sure nothing will happen...20% worrying....

I am not doing any prepping etc.

LOL, so am I, with reading too many doomsday threads...At times they can be quite convinving, but how many predictions have we seen on ATS that have never came true??

But when I start to think of the extreme (almost radical) believers of the 2012 dooms day, i really start wondering how those folks are handling the last 95 days...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
My girlfriend and I recently decided to get an "emergency supply" together with bottled water, dried/canned goods, stuff like that. Not really for 2012, but what if the dollar implodes? Or if power goes out for a week in Lubbock, TX? Or any other disaster for that matter.

12/21/12 is in no way weighing negatively on my mind though. Life is short, don't let wild speculation and other ridiculous BS keep you from enjoying life.

Plenty of people are making obscene amounts of money off the "2012 phenomenon." That should be your first clue that it's a sham.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
In a sane world, we wouldn't be seeing any threads espousing the end of the world theory because they'd all be out enjoying these precious final weeks.

To answer your question though, I'm moving back to Chicago from LA next week, and between now and December I will happen to be spending lots of time with family and lots of time making music. I'll also happen to go to my in-laws farm in Iowa around the 20th of December, though I'd likely be there during that time, prophecy or not. I expect to wake up on the 22nd, drink coffee, and watch their dogs run in the snow or something. So, in case it does go down, I think I'll feel pretty good about these last 95 days.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Lets see, I gotta go pick the potatoes yet, move some firewood around, fix an outside light, check the roofs for broken shingles, I guess I gotta say I am going to be pretty busy. Maybe I'll go deer hunting this year since it will be the last chance, got an excuse for the wife, thanks

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm not living my life any differently than I ever have. If what's coming is unavoidable then why worry about it? Live and enjoy your life, if we all die then it is what it is.

I have no fear of death because I know the greatest gift of all is given to me after death: life.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Being prepared for disasters is never a sham. If you go overboard it can be a waste, keeping a rotatable pantry saves money.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Quite excited actually, I'm well prepared physical, mentally, and spiritual. These next 95 days will be quite a show lol but releasing any expectations of an outcome out of your control feels good. All I know is my inner universe will be pure when that day comes along, good vibes all around

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Lets see, I gotta go pick the potatoes yet, move some firewood around, fix an outside light, check the roofs for broken shingles, I guess I gotta say I am going to be pretty busy. Maybe I'll go deer hunting this year since it will be the last chance, got an excuse for the wife, thanks

Hahaha.... "But honey, I'm hunting deer for us. For the end of times".... I'm sure she will buy it

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Hawking

Being prepared for disasters is never a sham. If you go overboard it can be a waste, keeping a rotatable pantry saves money.

I agree, thats why I have a bugout bag... Not for 2012 disasters, but for the zombie apocalypse (fingers crossed for that one to happen)...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

reply to post by Hawking

I agree, thats why I have a bugout bag... Not for 2012 disasters, but for the zombie apocalypse (fingers crossed for that one to happen)...

Remember, it's always safe to climb a tree during zombie apocalypse because zombies can't climb trees

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Galactic Alignment started in 1998

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Why count down, it's an ordinary day.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sgspecial19

Originally posted by jhn7537

reply to post by Hawking

Remember, it's always safe to climb a tree during zombie apocalypse because zombies can't climb trees

My plan is to knock out the first 7-8 steps of my staircase, fill up the bath tub with water, and to camp upstairs with food, supplies (ladder to get down and up) and LOTS OF WEAPONS... Until things calm down, then I will make my move...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Hawking

Totally agree, that's why we're getting some preparatory stuff together, but I don't believe that it will all be necessary specifically on December 21st. It's more about just being ready for anything

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

reply to post by Hawking

Totally agree, that's why we're getting some preparatory stuff together, but I don't believe that it will all be necessary specifically on December 21st. It's more about just being ready for anything

Well with WWIII looming, I guess its not a bad idea for that reason alone... If China and Russia got involved who knows what would happen...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I recently asked what everyone would be doing on the actual day of Dec. 21, www.abovetopsecret.com... and I got some exceptionally diverse responses. There were several people who refused to give in to fear or hype as well as one or two who said they would be watching, listening, or reading any developments through media resources--complete with suicide plans if deemed necessary.

Leading up to that day is a very interesting thought. Personally, I would like to be planning and organizing a big Dec. 22 celebration perhaps where only ATS members are allowed to attend. As noted by others, the conundrum is palpable. Even if you believe 99% it will be the end of the world, any amount of prudence or sanity would still prevent most of us from throwing it all away. I like to believe the 1% becomes a larger percentage in favor of a non-event as every moment goes by on that day.

May I ask your thoughts on a side note connected to this thread? What do other cultures and nations beyond the western world have to say about the concept behind Dec. 21? If they do think it is possible, are they as likely to be overt about it, or are they better at suppressing such notions?

Thanks for your original question!!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Im looking at 2012 from an Illuminati point of view.

They knew this date would come. So what have they been doing? Just look at the media because thats where their messages are coming from. Hollywood says "end of the world" basically. Youtube is filled with "conciousness upgrade", "nibiru coming", and "all sinners will go to hell, all believers will be rescued".

Only one of these messages is positive and Illuminati are negative (in a way anyway, because we do learn a lot from seeing bad things), so I tend to believe concioussness upgrade is what is going to happen. And I tend to see that in people as well. People are much more aware these days. Just look at how many are listening to David Icke these days compared to 20 years ago. Its kind of amazing. Young souls hate him because he is not rational and logical according to science (which is their God in a way, their guidence in this reality).

But old souls recognizes the truths he speaks of because they are more heart oriented than mind oriented. Young souls dont even know what that means and it sounds like new age hippie bull# to them. And thats fine.

Im excited about the end of this year, even though its very possible that nothing significant will happen on those specific days, and we will only recognize 2012 as the middle of the time when humans changed their ways when looking back at it 30 years from now.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join