It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's coming is #### !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Things are so screwed up atm, I don't know if it's possible for this not to end badly. We've all had the ability to sit and watch the rest of the world in chaos from our tubes, but it's finally come to our shores. We are all feeling it mate here in Australia and we all have your back.

Bring it on I say, I'm sick of living this stupid charade day to day just to pay the bills. Let's jam a stick in the cogs of the machine and watch it face slam the ground along with everyone who supports it.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You know me, it's all about perspective.
When the ### hits the fan, jobs and even money may be useless.
Since you have less to hold onto, it will be easier to let go of this old American way of life.
(That was easy to say)

Your relationship with you wife is job number one, relationships last forever.
I'm trying to start a business in all of this, three kids and no gurantee cash flow, big time stress for me and my wife, stress on our relationship, so take special care of her.

As far as what's comming, more of the same crap just bigger and more blatant. The powers are getting more bold, they don't fear the people, or the church. They have worked in apathy Into all parts of our life. They know how to distract us and divide us.

IMHO,
The unions will try and exert control over all working class, and place any middle class independent business man out on the streets, unable to compete against regulations and labor laws. We will have classic third world style income gap. Instead of everyone having TV to spread propaganda like in Cuba, we will have IPhones to make sure we can be tracked and informed.(as i type on my IPad) All of our convinance and comforts will be hard to let go.

I have no idea when I think this will happen, I do feel it may happen soon, but at any rate unpresidented change is going to happen.

One more thought, count this time of trial and testing as a blessing, for you and your family are one step closer to being prepared to handle the comming crises.

Now get over yourself and buy your wife some flowers, and her mother too.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Observationalist because: Way to many gramer and spelling I give up.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Just wanted to add people, I hate being so damn negative. But it is what it is.

I used to be negative and angry, but now I see a positive side to it all and that makes me smile

I lost everything within a year of losing my job - my home, my car, standard of living, etc., all gone.

It wasn't until I had nothing left materialistically that I realised I didn't need these things to live. It feels great to know I won't be hounded by banks with threats to take my material possessions, and making me frantic with worry about what I will do if that happens.

Well, it happened. And now I have nothing left to take. Nothing to run around like a headless chicken for. I feel 'lighter' and unburdeoned.

For me, losing everything I had was a good thing - I am much happier without 'things'. It is a feeling that money can't buy, ironically

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
What happened to the Amierican dream?

You have to be asleep to believe it.

Warning Explicit laungage that makes rational sense.....

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elzon1

Originally posted by all2human
Hang in there,the construction/real-estate industry is going to get better

Looks like we have a comedian in the house.

In all reality if it wasn't for the debt based monetary system things wouldn't be as bad as they are. It's not us vs. them, it's systemic. Stop looking at silly social issues and start looking at things systematically.

What we need is a better monetary system not based on debt. One where the individual is in control of inflation as per his/her transactions. Deflation decided as a ratio of time and inflation. With no centralization. Also, there should be many competing creditors in the market.

If we do the above we might get out of this in a non-destructive manner. If we don't we will be jerked around again and again until we are completely controlled or decimated as a species.

Focus on the monetary system ONLY and let everything else fall by the wayside. If you don't, prepare to manipulated by silly social and emotional issues.

This post is ... gold.

You nailed it.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
What concerns me is the possibility of the US situation turning ripe for an even worse system....think pre-revolutionary Russia. The poor had taken enough from the aristocratic Tsarist system and led by a little bearded guy named Lenin rose up against the government. Said governement was at the time mired down in WWI...and lo and behold they revolted, got out of the war only to have their own civil war that ended in a worse form of government than they had to begin with.

I would guess the Russians couldn't imagine a government worse than what they had...just as we can't. But charlatans do have a way of taking advantage of situations.

We desperately need a new way of life here in the US. I just don't want history to repeat itself.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

yes.. agreed 100%.. and just barely out of the mix ourselves (wife & I)..

let me put in bullets so it's clear..

1) layed off after 9 months at Intel fab (contract was only for 9 months).. no problem .. right..
2) get BACK on unemployment with $300.00/week checks for 2 years..durning that 2years.. we..
3) ....try and get on oregon health insurance.. can't we make $20.00 over the amount ..
4) no insurance for 3.5 years.. and wife's health issues haven't dimished.. but haven't increased either ..
5) yep .. medical bills..
6) the ONLY way we could see a doctor is to pay $25/visit to a clinc that is low income..
7) tryed to get into 2 free clinics.. can't .. MD's only see so many per session..
8) can't get on food stamps.. make to much ..

trust me..

I feel your pain.. !!! Even through I'm working full time (THX GOD!) 2 months of back rent just paid...otherwise.. we might be under a bridge .. litterly ..

ETA: I'd sue the CRAP outta her former employer for defamatin of Character .. !!

edit on 18-9-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
The American dream got looted by the wealthy elite.

And they don't give a damned about us guys.

Nor should they.

The reality is, there was never any American Dream rather the American Illusion brought to you by the good folks who determined a long time ago that it was in their best interests to influence the masses to want more and give them a way to get it on the live now, pay later plan.

When those huddled masses bought into the system, they further sold us down the river painting the grand possibility of living out our golden years being taken care of by wonderful pensions and a standard of living that they had no intentions of funding in the first place.

So, we all contributed to pensions, bought the really cool things on credit and basically squandered away our futures for life in the present.

Just take a quick look at what's happened to most pensions . . . health care . . . house values . . . jobs . . . security and the like. More and more folks daily are sentenced to the new American Reality . . . a lifetime of paying off what we couldn't afford in the first place . . . be it in our personal lives or the rotting cesspool of debt brought to us by our intrepid, bought-n-paid-for so-called leaders in almost every level of government.

The American Reality is that it's all shrivelling like a grape in the sun . . . and because we're so beholden to those who paved the road to our current hell, there ain't much many of us can do about it but live out the string and hope that someday a future generation sports a set of gonads big enough to end the cycle by doing something about it before they're incarcerated socially for their time on this sphere as well.

I'm sorry to hear of the OPs plight. It is a nightmare to rival the most terrorizing of any horror flick. Unfortunately, it is a movie being played out across the country and around the world. Change the names, but the script is the same.

Excruciatingly sad . . . but ultimately inevitable . . . we've been used like a gross of condoms during shore leave . . . great to have around during the exciting times but pretty easy to dispose when the fun is over.
edit on 18-9-2012 by GoalPoster because: skinamarinkeee dinkeee dink, skinamarinkeee doo . . . weeeeee're sooooooo screwwwwwwwwed . . .

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Lowes is hiring.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Randy, Been there, done that. All I can say to you & yours is " It's hard to keep a good man down" That's been true since the dawn of time. In this day & age , It means even more. May luck be in your corner for awhile.
edit on 18-9-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The American dream went down the toilet once the rich bankers and politicians decided that they didn't need to care about them anymore. If Romney gets elected, he seems to think that people in this country should be denied health care, food and shelter if they can't support themselves.

This logic only makes sense if we live in a country where it is possible to support yourself - but what is really going on is, wealthy people like Mitt Romney are making it impossible for regular Americans to find work while simultaneously blaming them.

In any country, there is going to be a portion of the population that are disabled, or out of work - that is because there are only so many jobs available. Even if one person is able to get a job, he is taking that job away from someone else.

Therefore, it is immoral to deny citizens the basic rights of food, healthcare and shelter. It would be much better to focus on programs to increase job opportunities while transitioning people out of government aide.

The bad economy is heavily affecting my age group (I am 27). I recently graduated college, and most of the people I know, even college graduates or those with their masters degrees, are forced to live with parents or grandparents in order to survive. Without the help of the previous generation, most of the people I know would be on the streets, including myself.

Is this because we are collectively lazy? Not at all. Everyone I know is furious that they can't find work or apply themselves to their full potential.

At any rate, the social and economic dynamics of this country are changing and it would be disastrous to take away benefits that are keeping people off the streets and fed.

Americans are not Chinese peasants - they won't take to working in what amounts to slave labor camps without a fight. And if enough of them are starving and homeless, that would probably lead to civil unrest and instability.
edit on 18-9-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
What happened to the Amierican dream?

It turned into the American nightmare.

Sorry to hear your story OP it is all too familiar. All anyone can do now is stand together. If enough good people make a stand then the only thing that can happen is change. Stop the wars which are siphoning all of the money out of America, and put that money to use. It can be done, but it takes everyone like you to stand shoulder to shoulder.

Good luck brother.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Don't know how much help this will be but...
I work with a bunch of people that don't subscribe to my beliefs, be they religious, conspiratorial, whatever.
What we do have in common, is that without this company, most of us would be out on the street, homeless.
But!
We all know things are really bad and only getting worse, everyone "feels" it.
So, we have started a barter system, if you will.
One family raises chickens. He will give me a couple chickens for my canned beef. Another guy loves salmon fishing, and I volunteer to can some, for half of what I can for him.
Surprisingly, this has actually caught on with some other people outside of work as well, I've used it to get some specialty work done around my house.

You should see if anyone around you is interested. Sounds like you and your wife have valuable skills.
Won't make a house payment, (sounds like your ok for now there) but could keep you fed and may eventually led to paying work.

Just trying to help.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Sorry your troubles. There are jobs but you might have to move. It does sound like you r wife may have a lawsuit. You could contact legal aid and if you don't want to sue, at least write a letter threatening to, for false claims and defamation to her character.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I like the barter system, creative ways of working together like this are a great solution that allows us to take power into our own hands.

In my own life, I have had to make a lot of cultural changes myself in order to adapt to the new situation.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by randyvs

Things are so out of hand on a social level and what is being done to people by these corporations is just completely over the top.
Nothing but the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!

nuff said...

Powerful;sad O.P.; frustration builds to what? killing a few empty"suits"? Then what?revenge is sweet if short lived.

O.p. is officially dumped from the "work a job" system...Time to forget them and do something on your own? You've got hard won skills. Get to know some entrepreneurs or small business people in your area. Successful ones are a great uplifting bunch..

It Appears we ("lucky ones")are to be around for the collapse of our only known way of life and economy. Does human civilization end with us?

I think not.It may look alot more like the 1860's if/when the technological infrastructure goes down. I think I can live with that.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yes the world has gone to hell and is getting worse with all the intrusions into your private life, your past, your social life etc. Government and corporations are hell bent on enslaving us all and destroying any chance we have for freedom and success.

You could come out to North Dakota, plenty of jobs here and iron workers are making upwards of $60 an hour in the oil patch. I relocated here from Florida last year and love it here, Ill never go back to that hellish state.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Might I add something else ive noticed....We had a bad hail storm where I live in it damaged my roof. I never called the insurance company... I called a roofer and he said this damage is from hail...you should call the insurance company.....so I did. They argued with me and I said..the roofer told me the damage was from hail...I have no idea...

So they send an adjuster. He was really nice and estimated what they would give me which was more than what seemed fair. I didn't expect anything. My roof was fixed and now my insurance rates have gone through the roof at the same time my taxes were raised. I pay $150 more a month for taxes and insurance. Im not even sure why I have insurance at this point since in the long run it would have been cheaper to never even contact them. Im about ready to go back to renting.

Everything is turning this way these days...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Dude I hear ya,my home has become a haven for my kids,places cutting hours,benifits etc,seems everyone is about 2 paychecks from being homeless.I work in Ontario several from high desert come all that way for a minumum wage job,so life can indeed suck in the So Cal

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm sorry to hear about your hard times. I have been unemployed for a year and a half, I applied to everything under the sun and never got a response, I saved every email confirmation and it is truly disheartening to look at all those jobs and no response was given. Thankfully my dad knows a ton of people and he reached out to one of his friends and I ended up landing a position at a logistics company here in my area. Had he not done that I would still be looking for work. So I guess the key here is networking is a sure fire way to get a job, if that doesn't work it's time to move.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join