It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney in secretly taped video: Obama voters ‘dependent’ on government

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

It had to do with proving that more republicans are dependent on the government. White rural people tend to vote republican, and are the majority people on welfare.

edit on 17-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

And yet, the democrats are celebrating the theme of "belonging to government".

You have no problem with that?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I think the republicans are trying to throw the election again to make themselves look like the good guys. They know the big mess they contributed to isn't over yet. They'll keep trying to blame everything on the Dems. We should elect Romney and if the Republicans screw things up we can destroy the reputation of their party. Nobody can fix this thing right, the economy is a big lie, it's not real.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Those are god d-mn hillbillies from the back hills of banjo land.
The makers of that video have an agenda and you fell for it.
The idiot Obama gal can be found in every major US city.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

So...I wonder what the conditions were/are at the factory which he spoke about them going there to buy?
Of course, what is considered close to 'slave labor' here in the US might be actually the height of opportunity for the working class in China...I don't know.

Currently in China, the situation is not much different, just basically just more centralized with organization within "Special Economic Zones' that include Orwellian type surveillance systems...which, btw...Romney profits greatly from....(evidently not just in the industrial migrant worker areas but everywhere in China?)

I guess you haven't heard about Shenzhen?

Shenzhen's modern cityscape is the result of the vibrant economy made possible by rapid foreign investment since the institution of the policy of "reform and opening" establishment of the SEZ in the late 1979, before which it was only a small village. Both Chinese and foreign nationals have invested enormous amounts of money in the Shenzhen SEZ. More than US$30 billion in foreign investment has gone into both foreign-owned and joint ventures, at first mainly in manufacturing but more recently in the service industries as well.

(...)

Shenzhen has seen its population and activity develop rapidly since the establishment of the SEZ. Shenzhen's population is roughly ten million. About six million of these people are migrant workers who return home on the weekends and live in factory dormitories during the week. Shenzhen is the largest migrant city in China.

It is a 'free trade zone' and an ideal place which to relocate manufacturing enterprises...many advantages for Bain Capital and others.

In 2010, direct foreign investment in Shenzhen reached US$4.297 billion, up 3.3 percent from the previous year. Of the figure, the investment from Hong Kong reached US$3.098 billion, up 12.7 percent from the previous year. Investment from the United States reached US$890 million, up 76.7 percent from a year ago.

(Direct Foreign Investment)
Currently, the average industry worker's pay is between 800 to 1500 Yuan a month...which is US$126 - 237.
Management personnel might make up to 5000 Yuan a month...an amount just shy of US$800.
Source

But they have benefits, too, and protection...outlined here: Affairs of the People's Government Regulations
edit on 9/17/2012 by queenannie38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I don't get your point. Republicans and Democrats BOTH belong to the government, they are both are statist institutions.

If one admits it, that makes them bad? It's the truth, republicans should say it too.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

The video had absolutely nothing to do with the study, which was based of factual demographics. Those don't lie.

www.acf.hhs.gov...

The vid was just illustrating the point. The guy in the video claims to hate the government, is a republican, but is unemployed and is on foodstamps.

The idiot Obama gal can be found in every major US city.

And the idiots in the Hillbilly video can be found in every rural town and trailer park.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by beezzer

I don't get your point. Republicans and Democrats BOTH belong to the government, they are both are statist institutions.

If one admits it, that makes them bad? It's the truth, republicans should say it too.

We talk of slavery being a bad thing yet the democrats rejoice in it.

They say the GOP wants to put people in chains yet celebrate that the democrats already have chains on the populace.

Then I see people defending their servitude and fighting against freedom, free market systems, individual liberty.

I see a great dichotomy with the left.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The majority of people on welfare vote democrat. Always have, always will.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Erectus

Already proven wrong for the millionth time. The majority of people on welfare are rural people who vote republican.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We talk of slavery being a bad thing yet the democrats rejoice in it.

So do republicans, they love corporate slavery.

They say the GOP wants to put people in chains

They do, DE-regulating industry and banks will enslave us all.

free market systems

No, the GOP wants free market capitalism, not "systems". This leads to slave wages, monopolies and robber barons, study history Beezer. Workers rights, unions, and regulations all happened for a reason.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Erectus

The majority of people on Welfare don't even vote, welcome to the real world.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
Realspoke, if your video was not "hoax," the MSM would be all over it already.

reply to post by RELDDIR

They are.
CBS DFW
CBS Chicago
National Journal
ABC

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
What is he going to do outsource the Gov?
I just do not trust him.
Why should I?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Recent NPR poll of welfare recipients:: (2011)

56.    In politics today, do you consider yourself a (Republican), (Democrat), an Independent, or what?

Republican 18
Democrat 37
Independent 34
Something else 6
Don’t know 3
Refused 3

57.    Do you LEAN more towards the (Republican Party) or the (Democratic Party)?

Republican Party 23
Democratic Party 33
Neither (vol.) 32
Don’t know 7
Refused 5

www.npr.org...

I beg to differ with you.

super-economy.blogspot.com...
edit on 17-9-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Unless I'm missing something, that study is of unemployed people, not welfare recipients. Why lie?

Do you think that 2nd poll really drove out to poll rural people that live in backwoods places? NO. And half of those people don't even have the internet because they are poor and satellite internet costs so much. That poll is garbage.

So you only think that unemployed people are on welfare, foodstamps, WIC, medicaid?

Have you never heard of the working poor? There are more working people in poverty than non-working.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Oh my god....how do you look at yourself in the mirror.

He was saying we are spreading the American way of life to China...you are just being an arse now.

You are really embarassing yourself...just stop.

Sure...that's what it is all about. We are spreading the American way of life to Communist China....all the way into their Special Economic Zones, right?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Yeah, at least the Chinese are willing to work.

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by timetothink

Oh my god....how do you look at yourself in the mirror.

He was saying we are spreading the American way of life to China...you are just being an arse now.

You are really embarassing yourself...just stop.

Sure...that's what it is all about. We are spreading the American way of life to Communist China....all the way into their Special Economic Zones, right?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

And Americans aren't? That's only why we have a 92% EMPLOYMENT rate. And a lot of people who are employed are underemployed...meaning they WANT more hours, they WANT fulltime jobs but cannot find them.

There are more people than there are jobs...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Like I said, the Chinese are WILLING TO WORK.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

And Americans aren't? You didn't answer the question.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join