It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 Stars for 2 Lines in a Post..Are You Freaking Kidding Me?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
While I truly appreciate the accolades that stem from a post when deserved, this is absolutely ridiculous.

At the writing of this thread I have garnered 119 stars...the exact amount as the OP of a great thread. The thread was well laid out, informative, interesting and educational.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My post was 2 lines.

My point here is that we as a membership are getting too star happy in our posts.

Personally, I have written many threads that took many hours to construct with little to nothing of acknowledgement as have many other great contributors here. (Not saying I'm great myself) And then when I post a 2 line response to such a great thread I am starred 150 times. The same as the author who went to all the work to form the thread. This isn't right at all.

Please people, take a look at what you are rewarding because those most popular threads end up on the front page for all the World to see. Even if you are not fully versed in the subject matter but realize it's well written, researched and laid out, star and flag the hell out of it. It's the only way to bring intelligence and knowledge to the fore front.

While I truly appreciate the 150 stars, I didn't deserve it and most certainly didn't deserve the exact amount as the OP. I actually feel that the OP was robbed of his contribution.

In fact, if the mods have the ability to transfer my 150 stars to Sublimecraft and give that member a total of 238 stars on the thread www.abovetopsecret.com... I would have no issue with it whatsoever because it is fully deserved.

Thanks.

Peace

edit on 17-9-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
TLDR

See...people like short posts.
edit on 9/17/2012 by goochball because: (no reason given)

+71 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Read the first thread and now looking forward to this!

Great stuff OP...Keep it up.

Peace

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Ugh, I see what you mean. That post of yours did not need to be starred over 100 times

It's the gold border I suppose, that or people here really really really like you, or both? You are number 15 in the top 50 of ATS contributors, but I totally get what you mean. You posted no substance, only complimenting the author. If only someone posted just after you a similar thing, the we could really have a good laugh about this

Originally posted by schuyler
reply to post by jude11

Peace

ROFL, starred!!!!1!11!!!
edit on 17-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Who cares about getting "starred"?

What is this kindergarten?

Please star if you agree.

edit on 17-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

link   
You've got a great point about flagging what's important.

But I think the reason your post got so many stars is simply bc people agreed with you. Sublime wrote an AMAZING thread, I've enjoyed it tremendously, and I bet that's why people gave you stars.

Maybe just affirming their own interest, so to speak.

Although, mods, if you're listening....that thread deserves mega applause...

link   

reply to post by jude11

Peace

And for that, you get 100 stars!

Peace

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
stars and flags are extremely pointless.. Either your post is relevant or it is not.. A star is not going to change the context of the post..

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

seriously though the love you fella

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
You've got a great point about flagging what's important.

But I think the reason your post got so many stars is simply bc people agreed with you. Sublime wrote an AMAZING thread, I've enjoyed it tremendously, and I bet that's why people gave you stars.

Maybe just affirming their own interest, so to speak.

Although, mods, if you're listening....that thread deserves mega applause...

Ok,

I thought about that and if that's the case, I'll take back my OP.

But after watching it build I started wondering if it was a lemming response. "So many stars that I should add to it" type of situation.

Maybe I'm wrong and underestimating the member response to the post.

Peace

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
who cares about stars.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Dude,you have alot of friends on here!

I need to make more friends on here.

How ya doing ol' buddy ?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Peace

This man is a genius. Wish i could transfer all my stars to that comment.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i think it was nice of you to tell us that you read a thread and liked it.
you deserve all 119 of those stars.

link   
Stars are completely meaningless, you cannot use them to buy, sell, or trade, they only serve to boost your ego which is entirely in your imagination.

link   
The fact that you have EXACTLY the same number of stars indicates some kind of software glitch.
I would have the MODS look into it.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hi Jude,

I think that your post was very agreeable. It was short yest but truly showed a positive opinion toward the OP and Sublimecraft. I will star a comment that I agree with rather than repost the opinion. I think that the OP will see the positive statement and all those that agree with it in star count and understand that they did a very good job in bringing the information to ATS.

Now, I see your point in very well thought out and put together threads not getting the attention they deserve and sometimes a positive post has a lot more stars than the OP which I disagree with. The OP should get the credit where credit is due.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by jude11

Ugh, I see what you mean. That post of yours did not need to be starred over 100 times

It's the gold border I suppose, that or people here really really really like you, or both? You are number 15 in the top 50 of ATS contributors, but I totally get what you mean. You posted no substance, only complimenting the author. If only someone posted just after you a similar thing, the we could really have a good laugh about this

reply to post by jude11

Peace

ROFL, starred!!!!1!11!!!
edit on 17-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

What gold border?

I truly appreciate accolades as do many members here. But only if deserved. I don't feel deserving of a 2 line post and wish to give the pat on the back to the OP as it is well earned.

If the stars are a confirmation of my sentiment towards the OP I can understand a bit but I still don't deserve it.

Being 15 out of a few 100,000 members is still not a reason IMO. If I post crap, I deserve crap. If I post gold, I deserve gold as do others. But If I post a 2 line response to a well thought out thread and receive the same as the OP, it robs the OP IMO.

Peace

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Aren't you Mr. Popular....

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
jude11

I see this all the time on ATS nothing new to me..Ive seen threads that took the op hours to write up and some of the more popular members end up with more stars for saying i like the thread..
And i agree your post did not deserve 119 stars and don't think the person that started the thread doesn't wonder whats going on..
Sometimes i think its a personality contest in here more so then the substance of the threads. And im not saying this to be mean but its the honest truth...peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join