150 Stars for 2 Lines in a Post..Are You Freaking Kidding Me?

page: 3
24
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Not likely they're going to transfer those stars. Look at it this way. It's a balancing act. You put lots of work into a thread only to have it fall on its face. You make a statement that folks agree with, and you get a ton of stars. It all balances out Jude. It's just the way it is. You'll be in the nuthouse if you sit and try to figure it out.

It frustrates me to no end to see incredible threads get no real attention. Especially when I know if certain members had created that very same thread, it would have gone to the front page.

Popularity, not content, is king at ATS. Not that I've never seen someone not so popular get the accolades they deserve. But it's much too rare.

Take it in stride. It isn't going to change anytime soon. I can see the benefit of the starring system, but I would still like to see a flag only system.

edit on 9/17/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified
 


Pretty sure they dont have the ability to transfer stars or flags to other members.



posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Maybe your post got stars because you can only give one star and flag to the OP. And as a way of showing more support they starred your post, which was complementing the thread, too.



posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra
Maybe your post got stars because you can only give one star and flag to the OP. And as a way of showing more support they starred your post, which was complementing the thread, too.


Never thought of it as supporting the OP.

Thanks for the new insight.

Peace



posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
well to further confuse and amaze you i will point out that right before writing this reply you actually had more stars then the op post itself. lol?
edit on 17-9-2012 by The Benevolent Adversary because: two writes dont make a right. sigh...



posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Benevolent Adversary
well to further confuse and amaze you i will point out that right before writing this reply you actually had more stars then the op post itself. lol?
edit on 17-9-2012 by The Benevolent Adversary because: two writes dont make a right. sigh...


Noticed as well.

I just don't understand.

Peace



posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


I gave that post yet another star.

Just to cheese you off even more.


edit on 9/17/12 by FortAnthem because: [color=#3b3b3b] Vote CTHULHU!



posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Mods,

Still waiting,

If it can't be done, at least acknowledge.

If it can be done, U2U me upon completion.

Peace



posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem
 


OMG!!
BEST AVATAR EVER!!!

On topic,
Something about stars and flags....



posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


I like stars
and flags and applauses

I can't beg for them I have to earn them.*
The most stars I ever got from one post was maybe 40
and I got one of my last applauses on that one as well.
I have a couple of threads that I wrote last year and to this
day I have never counted how many stars I got.

*I have tried bribery and that didn't work either.



posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
To ease your mind,maybe you should go star all of sublimes post?



posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This is all being looked into, just to ensure that no glitch is involved. But these things can take time, so be patient.

My personal guess that that jude11 is a well known, well liked, and popular poster. I am sure there are many ATS members who see his name on the recent posts page and immediately click, read, and star this members posts. That can sometimes lead to situations this.

So my best advice? Let's take our trust in the more respected members one step further than just reading their replies to a thread. Let's assume that they replied to the thread because they found it interesting or worth commenting upon - and then read the entirety of the thread ourselves!


Doing this is the best way to recognize all quality contributions and lets us find some of the newer or lesser known members who have much to offer the community!

~Heff



posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

This is all being looked into, just to ensure that no glitch is involved. But these things can take time, so be patient.

My personal guess that that jude11 is a well known, well liked, and popular poster. I am sure there are many ATS members who see his name on the recent posts page and immediately click, read, and star this members posts. That can sometimes lead to situations this.

So my best advice? Let's take our trust in the more respected members one step further than just reading their replies to a thread. Let's assume that they replied to the thread because they found it interesting or worth commenting upon - and then read the entirety of the thread ourselves!


Doing this is the best way to recognize all quality contributions and lets us find some of the newer or lesser known members who have much to offer the community!

~Heff



Thanks Heff.

If it can be done it will go a long way in credibility for the site.

Peace



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I star a post I agree with, not because of the content relating to the thread. If someone said it already, I just star it rather than pointlessly typing the same thing. If it is positive towards the OP and it is starred, well, I think the OP should take that as a compliment, not something negative.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


I see straight through your plot my friend!

Captain subtext is at overload right now.

"ATS is star happy, just look at this post of mine with lot's of stars as an example." = "Look at my awesome two line post that got lots and lots of stars. I want more so I'll start a thread about it pretending to be flabbergasted by it all"



Just joking dude, you're alright.




posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 

Ridiculous. As of my writing this, you have more stars than the original post.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Jude you crack me up. You know stars are one thing, but flags are another my brother from a different mother.


At any rate I agree. Flag no star.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

150 Stars for 2 Lines in a Post...

Gotta be Jedi mind tricks...

They only work on the "weak-minded" and this IS ATS after all.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
this brings up a good point..

why even have stars at all..??


it's really getting rediclious



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


...but what if stars and flags on an internet site dont amount to anything at all?





new topics
top topics
 
24
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join