It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 Stars for 2 Lines in a Post..Are You Freaking Kidding Me?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

LOL I get the same thing some times. I always think like "wow I must have a lot of friends"

It means people like you, relax

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
reply to post by jude11

Hi Jude,

I think that your post was very agreeable. It was short yest but truly showed a positive opinion toward the OP and Sublimecraft. I will star a comment that I agree with rather than repost the opinion. I think that the OP will see the positive statement and all those that agree with it in star count and understand that they did a very good job in bringing the information to ATS.

Now, I see your point in very well thought out and put together threads not getting the attention they deserve and sometimes a positive post has a lot more stars than the OP which I disagree with. The OP should get the credit where credit is due.

Thanks for the clarification and I fully understand the starring of a post to agree with the sentiment. But to equal the OP stars is kinda rare around here and I only want to point that out.

If it was 1 or 2 or 20 stars, I can see it. But to equal the OP and their contribution is a little off center IMO.

Maybe I'm wrong and the stars are actually to state agreement on the OP?

Peace

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by jude11

LOL I get the same thing some times. I always think like "wow I must have a lot of friends"

It means people like you, relax

Never thought of it that way.

Thanks,

Peace

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Actually, you have 146 as of now.. I think. the first row of stars, I believe counts 25, then you have 121 more but yea, I dont get it either. I guess they like you

link   
These stars and flags seem valuable to some people, like gold. If I could I would give mine out because they don't mean squat to me. I hand them out like crazy for various contributions. If we have a rookie member put out a sub par thread and they are at the bottom of the new topics page with no flags or stars, I will throw one their way.

I will do the same with a senior member who puts out a thread below their potential and if it gets no attention I will award them a star and flag for their effort and contribution.

I ALWAYS star and flag good threads and posts even if it is from a member who I argue with lots or never agree with. There are lots of reasons to give stars and flags and maybe it has to do with favoritism since I see that on a lot of threads. These star and flag thread rants are always a riot though

link   
reply to post by jude11

People like to express how they feel so why not?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
jude11

I see this all the time on ATS nothing new to me..Ive seen threads that took the op hours to write up and some of the more popular members end up with more stars for saying i like the thread..
And i agree your post did not deserve 119 stars and don't think the person that started the thread doesn't wonder whats going on..
Sometimes i think its a personality contest in here more so then the substance of the threads. And im not saying this to be mean but its the honest truth...peace,sugarcookie1

Sugarcookie,

i get what you're saying but I never for once thought I would be starred for popularity. In fact I've always maintained the opposite. not very popular at all. i would rather my threads get the attention than my status.

But having said that, I know some of your threads have sunk as fast as mine. Taking hours to write, research and formulate only to have it sink to the bottom in minutes is deflating to say the least.

This thread was well deserving of front page status and my 2 line post was only a congratulatory affirmation of that thread.

And then...119 stars.

Peace

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Aren't you Mr. Popular....

Yeah, like it hasn't happened to you at all...curmudgeon.

That's right, I remember the Libya days.

Peace boncho...My favorite member whom I always star regardless...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I maintain that ATS is more of a tool for chat and debate, and hosts a lot of competetive opinions.

Hense the star hungry populace.

In almost each and every thread there's a strong argument for, or against the subject, and who ever can make the "smartest" reply in regards to one of those polarities, gets to represent the support for that particular aspect.

It's like an online poll or vote really.

I've noticed this months flavour is flagging and starring little entertaining tid-bits, such as Sublime's thread.
Very simple, very nice, entertaining, and a welcome break from all the depressing geo-politics taking over the world.

ATS can still be very educational, but is quite different from other sites, where you sharnt see rather informal discussions like ours.

Its a giant, alternative conspiracy chat room.

I personally reserve flags for threads that need attention and stars for good contribution, and they are not mutuatlly exclusive.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Mods,

Still haven't weighed in yet.

Is it possible for you to transfer the 119 stars (now 124) to
Sublimecraft : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Leave me with 1 star please!

Peace

edit on 17-9-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I concur!

Funny thing about the whole "Star & Flag" system, if you go back just a few years you'll see it wasn't always like that here.

Stars and Flags were only given to the best of the best and not thrown around like confetti at a New Years party.

What has changed? Maybe the right question is Who has changed?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What does it matter about stars

I dont get many at all and the stuff i tell you all about should really cause uprising but most people are so brainwashed they cant understand what they are being told
i'll give you 3 examples of the 100% factual info that i've posted that directly relates to you.

200 psychics phoned up the city of london police the morning of 9/11 telling them that the twin towers were coming down that afternoon

the earthquakes that happened last year were put in the football scores of the country the week before the quake

Rupert Murdoch was blackmailing Tony Blair

All this information totally affects everyone of us and I think ive got less stars than posts.

We live in a world full of completely brainwashed people (see Heffs post about Narcissm which i thought was cool)

you are banging your head against a wall if you think people really care what goes on in this world and what is about to happen to them and im now starting to think that actually most people deserve it cos they cant think for themselves.

Oh and for all the haters out there i am trying to wake you up

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It's funny. When I make a minimal post people whine and complain about it. People love to whine more than anything else I guess.

So I start putting more stuff into my post, and people don't say anything. I may get a couple of S&F, but really people don't say anything.

It's really screwy.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinni73
What does it matter about stars

I dont get many at all and the stuff i tell you all about should really cause uprising but most people are so brainwashed they cant understand what they are being told
i'll give you 3 examples of the 100% factual info that i've posted that directly relates to you.

200 psychics phoned up the city of london police the morning of 9/11 telling them that the twin towers were coming down that afternoon

the earthquakes that happened last year were put in the football scores of the country the week before the quake

Rupert Murdoch was blackmailing Tony Blair

All this information totally affects everyone of us and I think ive got less stars than posts.

We live in a world full of completely brainwashed people (see Heffs post about Narcissm which i thought was cool)

you are banging your head against a wall if you think people really care what goes on in this world and what is about to happen to them and im now starting to think that actually most people deserve it cos they cant think for themselves.

Oh and for all the haters out there i am trying to wake you up

You get a star from me

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Mods,

Still waiting.

Please transfer my (now) 150 stars to the more deserving OP.

Peace

edit on 17-9-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

You're right, that little post didn't deserve that many stars.

But, people like you, and you've done posts and threads where you deserve more stars and flags than we're able to give. So you get them where we can give them.

I've even given you stars before because your avatar looks like you could be my brother

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
reply to post by jude11

Read the first thread and now looking forward to this!

Great stuff OP...Keep it up.

Peace

And this has more stars then the OP does. This is exactly what he is talking about. Kind of sad in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud

Originally posted by schuyler
reply to post by jude11

Read the first thread and now looking forward to this!

Great stuff OP...Keep it up.

Peace

And this has more stars then the OP does. This is exactly what he is talking about. Kind of sad in my opinion.

Uh.....I'm thinking maybe you didn't get the joke. S'OK. Some people like to play along, is all.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Star and flag for the other topic - great read, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join