This is why people do not respect law enforcement

page: 5
30
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
He'll be suspended, made to go to counselling, anger management classes and get a stern talking to along the lines of" Next time, make sure your mic is off when you're threatening civilians". Then they'll wait for this to blow over and he'll be back on the job. Thats how it works.


Exactly, because he's not the only one ... he just the one who got caught. He's the top of the iceberg.




posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Originally posted by 369821
He'll be suspended, made to go to counselling, anger management classes and get a stern talking to along the lines of" Next time, make sure your mic is off when you're threatening civilians". Then they'll wait for this to blow over and he'll be back on the job. Thats how it works.


Exactly, because he's not the only one ... he just the one who got caught. He's the top of the iceberg.


It has happened here TWICE! How did we find out? TWO SHOOTINGS less then a few years apart!

Both times the cops in question had been FIRED...YES FIRED from the previous departments only to be hired here to apparently shoot people!

We will probably get this temper tantrum clown too...did I say that outloud? I am sorry please don't shoot me!
edit on 18-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
most people do not have the required wisdom to successfully obtain, manage, and control their power. and even if they do it is quite difficult.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Those coppers are a law onto themselves.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hello to all i have something to calm the tongues for you

THE HELPFULL WIFE :

A male driver is pulled over by a cop and the following conversation takes place:
Man: What's the problem officer?
Cop: You were going at least 75 in a 55 zone.
Man: No sir, I was going 65.
Wife: Oh Harry. You were going 80.
(Man gives his wife a dirty look.)
Cop: I'm also going to give you a ticket for your broken tail light.
Man: Broken tail light? I didn't know about a broken tail light!
Wife: Oh Harry, you've known about that tail light for weeks.
(Man gives his wife a dirty look.)
Cop: I'm also going to give you a citation for not wearing your seat belt.
Man: Oh, I just took it off when you were walking up to the car.
Wife: Oh Harry, you never wear your seat belt.
Man: Shut your mouth, woman!
Cop: Ma'am, does your husband always talk to you this way?
Wife: No, only when he's drunk.

PEACE



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There was a time when you may have served in the Military but you were trained to be a Cop. There has been a shift away from traditional Law Enforcement, public servent, training toward a Military response. Officers today are taught to view every citizen as a potential threat and the result is what you see here, more attitude than brains. Morons wear ties, hardhats and carry badges.They are everywhere.

If you ever want to see how an Officer should conduct themselves with the public watch any Prison based reality show . The public is not treated as well as the already convicted in many cases.
edit on 18-9-2012 by MissingRonnieR because: alein ants



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by MysticPearl
 








Oh yeah.

You really told me off.

People who hate the police the most are the people who get arrested the most. They wouldn't get arrested if they OBEYED THE LAW.

It's a fact of life.

Except the little issue, of that isn't what anyone is talking about, and again, you're showing you can't follow along or comprehend the conversation. Nothing you mentioned is related in any way to law abiding citizens getting pissed off about repeated abuse of power from cops. You're practically having a conversation with yourself.
edit on 18-9-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl
 


[yvid]Except the little issue, of that isn't what anyone is talking about, and again, you're showing you can't follow along or comprehend the conversation. Nothing you mentioned is related in any way to law abiding citizens getting pissed off about repeated abuse of power from cops. You're practically having a conversation with yourself.[/yvid]

Then stop responding to me.

You're not proving anything, and you're not going to convince me otherwise that I'm doing anything wrong.

OBEY THE LAW.

The real reason why people don't respect the law is because they broke it and got caught doing it. You can claim this is off topic all you want, but it isn't, and it is the truth.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone
 


Obey the law, huh... Lemme tell you a story:

Me and my g/f lived in a boarding house for a while. A true, actual, literal lunatic moved in down the hall. He ate his walls, wallowed in trash, screamed and yelled stuff that not only made no sense, it was insane enough to send shivers down the spine of a statue.

One night, he broke into all of the other rooms. ALL of the doors are busted in but his. We called the cops, who belittled US, insulted US, threatened US, and not only took his side, they did proper police procedure when he claimed the stuff he stole from US was his AND it had been stolen! the cops sided with the criminal against all of the residents AND the owner of the property.

After the cops said they 'checked' his room- 95% of the stuff was found in it- RIGHT where we told the cops to look. He'd left by then.

Obey the law, my ass. THIS is what it gets you.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It was only a threat.

You people are such cowards. He DIDNT actually hurt anyone beside a few feelings.

People on here know how much I hate cops just read my posts but only those who beat and kill citizens for NO reason. This cop just threatened a few people, that is all.

Grow up and stop crying.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by EvilSadamClone
 


Obey the law, huh... Lemme tell you a story:

Me and my g/f lived in a boarding house for a while. A true, actual, literal lunatic moved in down the hall. He ate his walls, wallowed in trash, screamed and yelled stuff that not only made no sense, it was insane enough to send shivers down the spine of a statue.

One night, he broke into all of the other rooms. ALL of the doors are busted in but his. We called the cops, who belittled US, insulted US, threatened US, and not only took his side, they did proper police procedure when he claimed the stuff he stole from US was his AND it had been stolen! the cops sided with the criminal against all of the residents AND the owner of the property.

After the cops said they 'checked' his room- 95% of the stuff was found in it- RIGHT where we told the cops to look. He'd left by then.

Obey the law, my ass. THIS is what it gets you.


So you are taking this story as an example to not obey cops?

Would you feel the same if you had a vehicle stolen that you reported, and when the cop went to the house where it was parked at , and knocked at the door to ask questions pertaining to your stolen vehicle, and the guy told him to get lost because he doesn't obey cops?

I don't agree with the professional conduct of this officer at all, and I feel he should be reprimanded in some way for uttering threats of this sort.

I do think more police officers have to do their best to keep fellow officers in line by reporting this type of behavior.
They are there to protect us from criminals, and if those criminals are in the department, they should do their best to expose them.

That being said, anyone who thinks it is ok to blatantly disregard orders from a police officer , because many suck at their job, well...that is just asking for trouble down the road.

I have seen videos that have been heartbreaking concerning the conduct of some police officers, but rarely do we hear about the cops who are respectable, and go out of their way to help, putting themselves in danger.

I am appalled at what some officers do and get away with, but I am also deeply grateful to the officers who actually do care, and put their lives on the line everyday to try and keep civility among us humans.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds
 


If a cop has already made the decision to kill you (as in the case of Kelley Thomas) wouldn't it be a good idea to fight back? Or do you really want to be one of those people that lies down and lets somebody have their way with you? Obviously it isn't good to provoke a psycho cop but sometimes obeying the law is all it takes to get on a cop's bad side.
edit on 19-9-2012 by jeantherapy because: errant punctuation



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
reply to post by WhisperingWinds
 


If a cop has already made the decision to kill you (as in the case of Kelley Thomas) wouldn't it be a good idea to fight back? Or do you really want to be one of those people that lies down and let's somebody have their way with you? Obviously it isn't good to provoke a psycho cop but sometimes obeying the law is all it takes to get on a cop's bad side.


I think its unwise to use the examples of certain situations with out of control cops. Of course it is ok to fight back if a cop is trying to unjustly kill you for no reason, but in all honesty..how often does that happen?

But because it happens (maybe more than it should in some areas), is that a reason to never follow an order given by police?

I have seen and experienced how officers around me have acted with out of control drunks, and people who have broken the law. They were respectful, even when insults were hurled at them . Maybe its just the police in our city (though I know a some are corrupt), but generally they are decent people trying to do their best with what can be a very difficult job at times.

I would be interested to see how this world would be if there were absolutely no LEO"s to enforce the rules. Think we would all be better off with no police at all, and humanity governing itself ?

The world would slide into a worse pit of criminal activity with more violence . I bet it would be the folks who protested police the loudest who would be shooting others down for the smallest of infractions.

Some may fear police..and maybe with the experience they have had, I can understand, but quite frankly I would fear a world without police, and without laws to keep us somewhat in line.

Maybe every single LEO in our continent should go on strike...then we can see shyt really hit the fan...as so many who are armed start taking justice into their own hands , with no one to answer to for it. Many would become worse than the cops they are bashing.




edit on 19-9-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds
 


The real problems start at the top and work their way down. The top being law MAKERS, the laws themselves. But there is UN-ignorable evidence about the current state of the Blue Wall which indicates there is much paranoia on the part of the police. But as long as we have our police enforcing laws which clearly were not designed to keep anybody safe we will always have problems with the police. Oh and if the police did go on strike, it might actually have a good side effect which you are not considering - people might start to look after their own communities, maybe even themselves. The police don't keep you safe from crime, they come and kick in doors after the fact and write reports. Sometimes they even shoot a dog, just so they don't feel they wasted a trip.
edit on 19-9-2012 by jeantherapy because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
reply to post by WhisperingWinds
 


The real problems start at the top and work their way down. The top being law MAKERS, the laws themselves. But there is UN-ignorable evidence about the current state of the Blue Wall which indicates there is much paranoia on the part of the police. But as long as we have our police enforcing laws which clearly were not designed to keep anybody safe we will always have problems with the police. Oh and if the police did go on strike, it might actually have a good side effect which you are not considering - people might start to look after their own communities, maybe even themselves. The police don't keep you safe from crime, they come and kick in doors after the fact and write reports. Sometimes they even shoot a dog, just so they don't feel they wasted a trip.
edit on 19-9-2012 by jeantherapy because: (no reason given)


wow..

You have obviously had different encounters with police than I have.

Yes..I've seen the videos, and I don't doubt there are some serious problems with the mentality of some police officers, and maybe in some places with the majority...like a disease that has spread through the force.

I just know for a fact that they are not all cut from the same cloth, and many are respectable decent folk who are trying to do a job the best they can ,with the training given.

As far as communities policing themselves..may work very well in some communities, but I would be interested to see to what degree people go to stop an infraction of some sort against them or their families. I honestly think that it would be a much more dangerous situation, with as much corruption involved (or more) as there is with the existing forces.

Would be interested in reading what a leo has to say about how things may go down in some places if there were absolutely no leo's to take care of things, and people were free to abide by their own rules to an extent.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Distorting the truth is never acceptable, whether you are a private member of a small community or the Chief of Police. But one thing is for certain - police are bred from the same stock as the criminals (does the number of incarcerated people or the cost of keeping them such in this country bother anybody?) Another thing I know for certain is the police are not legally obligated to respond to your calls or help you any fashion. I've been personally robbed at gunpoint, discovered on my own the identity of one of the perps, notified the police who told me to piss off. Sometimes I regret not doing the community a favor by taking out the trash, but I didn't. (I believe these men have committed other crimes since robbing me, I actually had a chance to make the city safer and passed on it - because if I remove his ability to hurt other people, that makes me the bad guy in our society.)



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds
 


Wait till it happens to you- you obey the law, you are a "good" person, and a cop craps all over you and *makes* you feel like a piece of criminal garbage. When that day comes.... Keep in mind my story.



posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions





new topics

top topics



 
30
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join