It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why people do not respect law enforcement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
Police officers should get the death penalty for abusing their privileges.

I'd gladly administer the injection to scumbags like these.

Ahh....for an example of the hyperbole I was talking about, here we have the post directly subsequent to mine as a shining example.

Would anyone here really want to see a cop get the death penalty for verbally abusive behavior? It would seem that the poster I have quoted would, as would the 2 people who starred this post.

So let me ask you folks....have you killed any US Ambassadors lately? Because killing someone over words is exactly what is happening "over there". And to think, here i was being all outraged at the Muslim response, thinking that it showed a small mindedness that can only be displayed among the mindless religiously brainwashed people of that region. How wrong I was.....

....or maybe I was right, and we are just seeing obnoxious hyperbole. I would suspect that this is true. Regardless, it is interesting to watch how people act, and interact.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by shamanix2012

he has a stress related mental disability and needs to change careers

divorce or something bothering him to make him more sensitive to threats than normal

he needs to change job

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Aside from the psychological aspects...the officer made a "terroristic threat" to citizens which is a felony (as per CNN report) and a felon cannot hold a commission as a police officer. End of story (maybe he can get a job as a bouncer in a bar).

Do you see things being enforced this way in my United States?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Their job is to control us animals, and many have been brainwashed to see us that way.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HiGilgamesh

Sounds like a potential Drew Peterson, maybe somebody should look into strange deaths around this guy.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamanix2012
I'll let the video speak for itself, and I also expect the cop - defenders to come crying into this thread with their pathetic sympathy for this kind of behavior.

What makes you think anyone on ATS would defend this act of terrorism? I see you've been here for a grand total of 6 days. You need to get a feel for the people here. We have many that defend LEOs for one thing or another, but even the staunchest of supporters here on ATS would condemn this.

Saying what you said seems more like baiting than anything. ATS has plenty of that, so leave it at the freaking door.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Aside from the psychological aspects...the officer made a "terroristic threat" to citizens which is a felony (as per CNN report) and a felon cannot hold a commission as a police officer. End of story (maybe he can get a job as a bouncer in a bar).

Are you kidding? This guy would end up on the ground, prostrate, with a broken pool cue stuffed up in him, within 5 minutes of "working a bar"

I'd love to see this jerkoff talk smack like that to some big greasy biker. I'd PAY to see it

So where is the update stating he's now unemployed???

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldSchoolMom

Their job is to control us animals, and many have been brainwashed to see us that way.

"brainwashed to see us that way. "

Thats the real problem.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Police officers should get the death penalty for abusing their privileges.

I'd gladly administer the injection to scumbags like these.

Well clearly no hypocrisy there.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I have no criminal history, and a car in upstanding order......I have nothing to be worried about...but if I see a cop around I think I did something.

I always fear they have some quota to fill and a checklist we are not privy to...that they scrutinize everyone to death....

It must be what the villagers felt when Vlad the Impaler strolled into town.....(obviously to a lesser extent)

Its like being around sharks....and everytime I needed their assistance they've been so freakin' arrogant...Not all but the ones I have dealt with.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684

I have no criminal history, and a car in upstanding order......I have nothing to be worried about...but if I see a cop around I think I did something.

I always fear they have some quota to fill and a checklist we are not privy to...that they scrutinize everyone to death....

It must be what the villagers felt when Vlad the Impaler strolled into town.....(obviously to a lesser extent)

Its like being around sharks....and everytime I needed their assistance they've been so freakin' arrogant...Not all but the ones I have dealt with.

In my youth I had more traffic tickets that anyone here will actually believe....so i won't quantify. But all the cops knew me then, and I was a target for being stopped.

Then I got smart. I started driving only white vehicles, no rims, nothing aftermarket except maybe window tinting. I also only drive a truck or a tahoe (my current is a tahoe and a f150 lariat). Since i started driving the same vehicles as the "in crowd" in my area I don't get stopped (white trucks are work trucks, and work trucks don't get harrassed).

I drive no different today than when I was 25 (I am an aggressive driver, especially for a small town). Haven't been pulled over in a decade, except once in another town because of a burned out brake light.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Would anyone here really want to see a cop get the death penalty for verbally abusive behavior?
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

My proposition isn't for verbal abuse, it is for those who abuse their powers to the point where it causes harm to the ones they've sworn to protect.

US ambassadors aren't given weapons and authorized to use them to uphold law, all I'm saying is that if you want to be an officer, you should be held to the highest standards given the privileges that come with the badge.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Would anyone here really want to see a cop get the death penalty for verbally abusive behavior?

My proposition isn't for verbal abuse, it is for those who abuse their powers to the point where it causes harm to the ones they've sworn to protect.

US ambassadors aren't given weapons and authorized to use them to uphold law, all I'm saying is that if you want to be an officer, you should be held to the highest standards given the privileges that come with the badge.

I might agree with you....if we are to define what "higher standards" really means.

Somewhere along the way, both doctors and police officers forgot that they are in the service industry, just like the guy selling burgers at McDonalds. Somewhere along the way they began to feel a sense of entitlement. Even today, we have to pay homage to "first responders". Why? In my estimation, it would seem that the only first responders that I care about area the Fire and EMS guys. They are the ones who serve the community, while the cops serve the government.

And few here would likely argue that serving the government seems to have nothing to do with serving the people. Matter of fact, it would seem to me that serving the government has become a disservice to The People.

Were it working correctly, there would be no privileges to being an officer. To admit that officers have privileges is to admit that we have arbitrary laws that really don't protect anything other than government bank accounts. If a crime can be committed in which someone can be "let off" and it not create a problem for someone else who was victimized and due reasonable recourse, then we have a law that is unjust and is only subjugating The People.

FInd me some cops with the spine to only enforce laws that are just....then we can discuss what higher standards really should mean.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Yeah I had bought a 2000 mitsubishi galant a while back....a nice car....used....nothing special, but boy is it a cop magnet!!!!

I took a friend home, me and her talked through the car window....then I here the "whoop, whoop" sound....the cops searched my car...and found nothing.

The most recent was the cop noticed a head light went out.....I didn't notice as it was about 7pm in Summer, I left them on....and couldn't tell.

He decides to give me a $60 ticket, anyway.....

Just sharks in a frenzy...I feel less safe when the are around.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
When I was young there were print ads of Police officer holding a child in his arms with tears in his eyes. The caption read "Some still call him PIG" Then it said " Pride, Integrity & Guts"

Todays caption would read " PIG" Personal Intimidation Gestapo. To protect & serve my arse.... To respond and sort out the victims is more the way it is.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
To be honest I wouldn't trust a cop as far as I could throw one. Especially not here in Arizona. Just the other day I heard a cop being rude and singling out a young Black guy just because he wasn't wearing a shirt (it was over 100 degrees outside).. the guy wasn't bothering anyone... I'd buy my own gun to defend my house before I ask a cop for any kind of help.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
EFF THE POLICE....

Ohio police suck, I hate all of them......GO AWAY.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
If it were just a few bad apples, then these guys would be getting arrested by their fellow officers. We rarely, if ever have heard of that happening, unless it's an obvious situation with media attention where someone was killed, such as the BART cop shooting a handcuffed individual.

Instead of these guys getting arrested and turned on by their fellow cops, we instead regularly hear the department coming out and defending them. We're lucky if we get a paid vacation, or maybe a civil suit. If it were truly only a few bad apples, and the culture was not a concern, these guys who act this way would be spending a whole lot more time in their county slammer. But the culture is the issue, and the so called good cops stand in line with this. They come on here defending the actions of their fellow officers rather than expressing concern or outrage in regards to the public or victims. In the news the first thing the department head normally does is defend the actions of their cops. The only times they appear to actually take it seriously is when they're forced to, by a combination of lawsuits, lawyers and media attention.

It's gotten so bad citizens now only ask for the cop to lose his job. Really? If I act that way towards another individual they'd press charges and want a whole lot more than to send me on a job search. If another individual reported me to the cops for a similar action to what this cop was caught saying, I'd be arrested and then have to defend myself in court, not the other way around. Cops don't respect the same laws they enforce. If they did, they'd be rounding up their colleagues at the same rate they round up citizens. But they're far more concerned with rounding up citizens and defending their brothers to the grave.

I don't even know how any halfway decent person with a badge still remains employed in that occupation and hasn't already resigned. If you want to fight crime, start with your own department and fellow colleagues. The second you ignore them and then arrest a citizen for the same things your colleagues do and have done, you've become a self-righteous, drunk on authority, cop who thinks he's bigger than the law.

The cops I respect most are former cops who've resigned due to corruption and wayward culture. The ones i respect the least are those who keep spouting the "it's only a few bad apples" excuse while at the same time they don't have the balls to fight crime within their own department, but won't hesitate to harass 15 year old for skateboarding the wrong direction on a street.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
You know, you people who hate the police so much wouldn't have any problems with them if you just obeyed the law.

I know, I know. The law doesn't apply to you. You can break any time you want to.

It's only breaking the law if you get caught, after all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join