It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why people do not respect law enforcement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This video is just another example of why people are becomming more and more weary of those who are supposed to be protecting them. This goes beyond a simple threat, this "police officer" is full of unprovoked rage and seems to be itching to "shoot people in the face with his glock .40" for no reason other then the man had a concealed carry permit and was trying to show him. Another driver was suspected of drunk driving, wow that deserves a shot to the face!

Who the hell lets these guys join the force in the first place and how many murders have been commited by these thugs that have never been discovered?

I'll let the video speak for itself, and I also expect the cop - defenders to come crying into this thread with their pathetic sympathy for this kind of behavior.
edit on 17-9-2012 by shamanix2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Oh.... I think this cop's career future might include security guard at Wal Mart....although I'm not even sure that would work. Hmm. I don't have sound here, so couldn't listen at the moment but I can say just by the quote that any city who hires him in Police work of ANY kind once he's out is just asking for a lawsuit in the millions.

Talk about foreseeable cause to any future incident. If this cop so much as bumps a little old lady over while chasing a purse snatcher, this quote will come up..and come up...and come up. What a total moron ...as well as one scary attitude about our Rights for a Civil SERVANT.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Although this isnt new, people should take a good long look at this video. This is what you will encounter 90% of the time when dealing with police. Especially if you exercise your 1st, 2nd and 4th amendments. Cops dont want you to talk/ refuse to talk/incriminate yourself, carry a weapon, or refuse a warrant-less search. If you do any of those things, the cop is going to pop his cork, you can just about bet on it.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
well they don't call them pigs for nothing
I swear passing a psych test all they are asked is to write their names in crayon , and base their evaluation on the color that was picked

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
i'm sure his career isin't over, some other police force will hire him

Reminds me of the catholic church sending priests guilty of child molestation across the country / globe only to have it happen all over again, and again and again.

Who the hell is running these organisations?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
in the video itself the attorney says it best, he broke the law
by threatening these people, not only should he not have a job,
he should be arrested himself, there is no debate here at all.
this isn't really a case where one could argue that its acceptable.
we have to hold those who uphold the law to the same standard.
if we do not then it will always lead to abuse of power.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamanix2012

Originally posted by lonewolf10
i'm sure his career isin't over, some other police force will hire him

Reminds me of the catholic church sending priests guilty of child molestation across the country / globe only to have it happen all over again, and again and again.

Who the hell is running these organisations?

People who take care of their own.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Aside from the psychological aspects...the officer made a "terroristic threat" to citizens which is a felony (as per CNN report) and a felon cannot hold a commission as a police officer. End of story (maybe he can get a job as a bouncer in a bar).

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by shamanix2012

He'll be suspended, made to go to counselling, anger management classes and get a stern talking to along the lines of" Next time, make sure your mic is off when you're threatening civilians". Then they'll wait for this to blow over and he'll be back on the job. Thats how it works.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

A "convicted" felon cannot hold a commission as a police officer. They have to charge him and CONVICT him first. Slim chance of either actually happening.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
you know, now that i think of this, isn't it kind of scary that
he isn't already in jail? isn't that how its suppose to work for
everyone? unless im mistaken in this, he is on video, with
another police officer as a witness no less, breaking the law,
the way i understand it, that other police officer could have
even arrested him on the spot..... he should have even....
does this actually mean that its gotten this far? this man
broke the law, on video, with witnesses.

that thought is really scary, it makes me paranoid that if
a pair of officers came up to my car and one were to try
and kill me out of simple anger with no provocation or
reason the other wouldn't even try to stop him. wow

sorry for the off topic but that thought had to come out.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Come to think of it, he couldn't even do that by the felon issue.....a bouncer may have a reasonable expectation to come across guns as a regular part of the job. A felon can't even hold a gun for a moment, as a favor to someone needing their hands free. Scratch that job...

He could always go be a security instructor at a Job Corps center....Just kids to thump on there and a captive audience at that. Dog Catcher? Nawww ...That takes brains or other people could be hurt... This kind of stupid just doesn't leave much for options!

Hey! The TSA is hiring!

edit on 17-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Luckily every time I have been harrassed by a pair of officers I have had other witnesses with me so they couldn't pull their usual "get away with battery and murder" crap.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This is why it would take an extremely major event for me to call the cops. I'd rather take my chances with the "criminals."

I realize that statistically there are probably at least a few good cops still left but I figure the odds are they wouldn't be the ones that came to "my rescue."

I can't even type what I want to say because I would probably be given a mandatory vacation from the boards.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Cops dont arrest other cops. And the law doesnt apply to them. They are above it and we lowly citizens are beneath them. We are scum and they will treat us and our property any way they want.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
I can't even type what I want to say because I would probably be given a mandatory vacation from the boards.

I know exactly what you mean.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by shamanix2012

A :48 secs was enough for me to hear , SMH they no better then to behave like this
And yes this IS why SOME do not respect the law. Said he would shoot them in the face and go home -VERY TUFF individual- Acknowledged SOME law enforcement are good & SOME are bad apples, its just wild to know even in areas where some are said to protect and serve this DARKNESS/ignorance makes it thru?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
That person needs to find a new line of work if he stresses that much over person waiting until he can speak to show CCL. They need to put him on a desk job for life or fire him.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
You know the sad part is, I have met some really good cops. My son in law is a cop in South Carolina. He's a good kid...(kid...he's a grown man but he is married to my daughter who will always be a kid to me so that makes him a kid too).

I got a ticket about a month ago for using an "authorized vehicles only" passage from the west bound to the east bound...I had missed my exit. It was a lady cop. She looked at me and said "you know, this is supposed to require a mandatory court appearance but I'll cut you a break...I'm going to write this for ignoring highway signs rather than using authorized vehicle only lanes...it was a $91.00 fine and no court appearance.

There are still some good cops out there. Don't hate them all....one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch.

I do fear we have went over board militarizing our police force, but sometimes...the person in that uniform is just your neighbor. They are not all goose stepping Gestapo pigs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join